Epson America, Inc Employee Reviews

Loved the company and would have still been there but I moved.
Customer Deductions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 27, 2019
Lots of challenge, chance to advance, education, good work atmosphere. I have only good things to say about Epson. I love the people I worked with and met with people from all over the world.
Pros
Fun and interesting place to work.
Cons
A bit stressful.
No plan for internal advancement
Pro-Graphics Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2019
If you do your job well, they do not want you to move up. There is no program in place to train current employees for promotion or movement into any management positions.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Does not promote from within
Fun Experience. Great People to work with
ILLUSTRATOR AND GRAPHIC DESIGN (Current Employee) –  Carson, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Working at Epson was a learning experience. Not only did i bring my knowlege of using thier products, but learned more about the products. Over all great place to work!
Pros
working with the best in the industry
Cons
disapointed i was there on contract for short time.
Service & Support Positions are High Stress, Poorly Managed
Pro Graphics Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 10, 2018
If you are in a support or warehouse position don't even consider yourself a part of the company. You are at the bottom of the totem, turn over rates are especially high for new hires. The only ones that stay with the company have been there for years and are waiting to cash out their 401K.

Being the first line of contact from their customers, 85% of the time you will encounter nothing, but angry people. There is never not a call in queue, you will be talking to angry people for nearly 8-hours non-stop and have two minutes to wrap up in-between calls. If you are dead inside and can't feel a thing, this job is for you.

Management will listen on your call, they give you a checklist to follow (even if the call isn't remotely related to any of the stuff on that list - for example, they grade your voice, you can't make this stuff up), they look at your call logging numbers, number of phone calls you take, how much stuff you sell, they want you to call customers back, you have to ask permission to call customers back, you can't call customers back because there's calls waiting, they want to know why you didn't call customers back...there's essentially quotas, for EVERYTHING.

THIS IS NOT A POSITION BASED ON SKILL. As a matter of fact, the more skill you have the more work they will give to you FOR THE SAME PAY as your less efficient co-workers, if any.

Managers are never aware of how highly stressful this position is. They are slow to hire new help and expect you to be on the phone for 8-hours non-stop. It's an emotional labor rollercoaster, you never know who you're
  more... going to get, but expect them to be an angry know-it-all who you have to try to help out with a cupcake voice because your manager is listening in on you. And after all that, make sure you try to sell them inks, paper or a warranty even though they started off by proclaiming how horrible their product is, it doesn't work, and how they no longer want it.  less
Pros
Relatively higher than normal pay compared to other companies
Cons
Trade-off high pay for very high stress, high turnover amongst new hires, management is overbearing
Epson can be a good place to work
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 15, 2018
Working conditions here were good. Just watch your back for long time employees that want to set you up for failure to protect their own position.
Then for a senior management that will not listen when the new guy tries to make this known.

It could have been a great place to work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Working knowing your being set up, and just watching the ship sink.
mostly comfortable
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 13, 2018
Lots of changes currently. steady work flow daily. managers care for you as a person first. lazy snitches are allowed to flourish and disrupt other workers
Pros
some good managers
Cons
lots of lazy tattle tales working there
Great Place to Work!
Advanced Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 12, 2018
I am currently employed with Epson where I have been for the past 5 years. I feel I am fairly compensated and rewarded for performance.

It is a very diverse workplace that is very inclusive. Many people have been employed well over 10 years which means that people enjoy working here and plan to stay for a long time.

Very good benefits which take effect immediately after hire which is very rare.
Pros
Diverse and inclusive work environment
Cons
No option to work voluntary overtime .
it was a good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 12, 2018
the crazy part of Epson was the security was always watching the employees,made all feel uncomfortable...like if we was gonna still something...lol...and there was hardly no talking within us..only at the breaks
Pros
good x-mas parties
Cons
security always zooming at us
Great work environment.
Product Planner (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 3, 2018
Epson is truly underrated as I have found the working environment to be visionary, innovative, relaxed and inclusive. I strongly recommend this company to anyone seeking a long term stable career.
Great Lil first after highscool job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 28, 2018
Great Lil first job after highschool plenty. Of hours just not enough time home with family great pay just not enough time with family other than that was ok
Good compensation but you will work a lot of hours
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 3, 2018
Being an IT worker at Epson is both rewarding and frustrating. It is a fast paced and stressful environment. The IT department is small and expected to perform at a high level. People are stretched really thin and getting interdepartmental cooperation can be difficult.

You will be expected to work overtime including weekends as projects require. Projects generally have very aggressive timelines so this isn't unusual. You will also be expected to participate in the on call rotation where you will need to be available 24x7 during that time.

Training is also basically on the job or on your own time. They don't send developers to paid training or conferences unless absolutely necessary. There is little chance of moving from a technical position to management or project lead.
Pros
Non management paid hourly, 13 days paid vacation, challenging assignments
Cons
Poor work/life balance, projects are often behind
It was okay
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 21, 2018
Typical day started with opening boxes and getting machine ready to start up. We then head to our stations and work on the line and get product ready to be shipped out.
It was a temporary assignment
Temporary Assistant to Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 12, 2018
I was hired as a temporary employee to recreate a database that a disgruntled, former employee had deleted. They were pleased with my work, but they didn't have a full-time position that was open and available.
Work like a dog
Sales (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 11, 2018
Little to no respect for work-life balance, even on weekends and on personal vacation time. Sales operations needs an overhaul - seemingly nonexistent.
benefits
Horrible place
Employee (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 10, 2018
This place is by far the worst place I have ever worked at. Management is horrible. Favoritism is a big part of it. The pay is good but now I understand why they pay you well, because management treats you badly. You try to speak up and there is always consequences. They refuse to let you take your vacation time. When you call in sick, there’s consequences. You cannot grow here. You ask for training that will benefit the company and they refuse. My best advice is to apply somewhere else. Do not work here!
relax fast pace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 8, 2018
everyone got along with each other. everyone had a good time. there was good communication. managers were amazing especially terra. ejust a good place to work for warehouse
Pros
pretty easy
Cons
n/a
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 12, 2018
Very stable company in slow changing categories. The Japanese ownership affects the culture - they are very loyal to their employees but also move slowly to make staff changes that may be necessary. Employees stay a long time, which sometimes limits upward mobility.
Typical warehouse
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 9, 2018
I pick, pack and ship orders to customers. I teach a forklift training class and test employees. I'm also a trainer in Service Parts department. Training Epson and Elwood (temp employees) on power equipment and picking process.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Lack of advancement
provided entertainment such as cable TV
Senior Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 28, 2018
Everyday was a typically busy one! i learned to process fed-ex/ups
deliveries, i also learned to use the scan RF gun used for WMS/SAP systems in both shipping/receiving areas there. Management of the workplace was kept clean and safety first, we worked in a multicultural environment, their was nothing hard about my job, although i performed many tasks the most enjoyable part of the job was that i had many tasks to keep myself busy.
Pros
There was random raffles for sports tickets
Cons
We received two fifteen minute breaks
Review
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 9, 2018
Good job with awesome benefits, just wish the management wasn't too strict on the rules and regulations. Management wasn't fully aware of how things were being run outside of their computer boundaries and don't bother talking with their employees beforehand of any concerns or questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epson America, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight