Epson America, Inc Employee Reviews

Typical warehouse
Material Handler II (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 9, 2018
I pick, pack and ship orders to customers. I teach a forklift training class and test employees. I'm also a trainer in Service Parts department. Training Epson and Elwood (temp employees) on power equipment and picking process.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Lack of advancement
provided entertainment such as cable TV
Senior Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 28, 2018
Everyday was a typically busy one! i learned to process fed-ex/ups
deliveries, i also learned to use the scan RF gun used for WMS/SAP systems in both shipping/receiving areas there. Management of the workplace was kept clean and safety first, we worked in a multicultural environment, their was nothing hard about my job, although i performed many tasks the most enjoyable part of the job was that i had many tasks to keep myself busy.
Pros
There was random raffles for sports tickets
Cons
We received two fifteen minute breaks
Review
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAMarch 9, 2018
Good job with awesome benefits, just wish the management wasn't too strict on the rules and regulations. Management wasn't fully aware of how things were being run outside of their computer boundaries and don't bother talking with their employees beforehand of any concerns or questions.
Good job
Mterial handler (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 20, 2018
Very laid back atmosphere. Very easy job. Haven't found a complicated job yet. Willing to train on equipment if your willing to learn. Co workers are decent management in need of improvement
a lot of old people working there
Strategy & Corporate Finance MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2018
a company with an old culture, nothing happens in the company, the industry of printers will die in the next decades and all big decisions are taken in Japan.
Great environment
Rebox (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJanuary 16, 2018
Nice people great place to work easy to get overtime working 10 hour days Monday through Friday and working some Saturday’s to get that extra over overtime
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Expensive vending machines
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INDecember 14, 2017
Good company good management good benefits good break time free lunch on Christmas good safety company provides everything an employee need to have his task done
worked on printer and projectors
Repair Technician B (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 15, 2017
worked on printer and projectors. was a good place to work. Good people, made lots of friends, work is fast paced and challenging. Would suggest working here
Process development/industrial engineer
Process/Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton OregonOctober 10, 2017
Developed processes for balanced line demand pull production of computers. Applied quality deployment approach resulting in a substantial reduction in the occurrence of defective production.
Pros
Low pressure.
Cons
Maybe too low pressure! Not enough to do!!
Customer Account Services Supervisor
Supervisor, Customer Account Services (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN 46168October 2, 2017
The logistics field was completely foreign to me. I was able to take my customer services skills and apply them to logistic while learning something new.
Pros
CAS team was unified and covered for each other
Cons
lack of communication
Epson is a good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2017
The work at Epson was auditing. However the pay was very low and I had to leave. Management was very understanding and intelligent. They helped always and were ready to do whatever they could to assist me. They were wonderful!
The work was auditing as I mentioned above. I went in a store and checked the printers and computers, cleaned them, and if some were missing I made sure it got on the shelf with a price tag. That's all there was to the job.
I enjoyed working there however the pay wasn't enough so I had to leave. They are truly a very good company to work for but they should pay more.
The hours were great. I had my own schedule and worked reasonable hours. The people I met were kind and helpful and joyful.
When I went to the stores the managers were courteous, friendly, and very helpful. Once in awhile I would meet a customer and tell her or him about the computer or printer explaining how may pages it can print and in some case ink would last about 2 years. They were very impressed. I told them if they needed more information just come and ask. They would nod and walk away.
Pros
I worked alone
Cons
the money was not enough.
Fun team but lots of bureaucracy
Epson America Social Media Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 22, 2017
I was part time and worked from home, which is why I didn't have any benefits. The social media team was great. There was great communication and creativity.
Technology leader and innovator
Technical Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 5, 2017
Company has consistently produced top-line photo-quality inkjet printers, image scanners, and multimedia projection displays for the US market for over 30 years.
Technology leader and innovator
Established tech company with excellent products and staff
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 11, 2017
Epson is an excellent place to work for anyone who enjoys marketing and selling consumer electronics. The company has been a leading innovator of printing and digital imaging solutions for 30+ years. Opportunities for advancement are especially good for those who are in product management roles.
Pros
Solid compensation, good benefits, lots of great people
Cons
Hours can vary dramatically depending on the person's role
Enjoyed working there at first
Facilities Department, Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2017
Came in early to make sure the phones were turned on, I learned new skills, such as handling the conference reservation system for a company of 500 people. My supervisors were excellent, having to deal with the executives was not fun. They tried to keep people upbeat by having alot of perks for working there. The hardest part of the job was having to make sure the executives needs were taken care of. The enjoyable part of the day was having accomplished what I needed to do by the end of the day.
Pros
Hour long lunch break, the ability to start work at 7am, and the little parties.
Cons
Needed to be available for the executives, and the low pay for my job description.
Decent place of employment.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INJuly 26, 2017
Show up for work be on time and they will train you to do anything. Good people to work with. Certain skills will advance you to multiple levels through out the company.
Very productive company
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJuly 5, 2017
Worked as temporary workers. Sometimes if the production is slow, company lay off some temporary workers depende how slow is the work. If it's busy, company give a lot of ot.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
45 mins lunch
Team Work
Administrative Assistant - Svc & Dist. Ops (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2017
I am fortunate to work in a very positive environment with excellent co-workers, great management and very nice working conditions. I am trusted and recognized for my ability to work independently with minimum supervision which allows me to complete tasks/projects on schedule if not ahead of schedule.
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
N/a
Drama
ACCOUNTING CLERK II (Former Employee) –  2350 Stafford Rd, Plainfield, INJune 4, 2017
Great job. Only problem is too much drama. Everyone wants to be separated. The pay is okay as well and you know when you have to work over which is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Epson America, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight