EPWORTH VILLA Employee Reviews

Management does not support their staff or residents
Life Enrichment Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 24, 2018
Residents pay thousands of dollars per month for under staffing, poor choice of food options, and housekeeping only once per week...Definitely would Not recommend anyone to live nor work here at Epworth Villa!!!
Bad management
Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 13, 2018
Poor and incompetent management. Very low wages and insulting raises IF you even get one. Management plays favoritism. Rules are for some but not for others. Rude employees who get away with bullying.
Pros
Beautiful community
Cons
Awful management
Could undergo major improvements
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2018
Take better care of employees and their needs, current management lacks communication skills. Fast paced environment, very stressful at times. Turnover rate was so high due to the inconsistencies during orientation and working on the actual floor.
Discriminarive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NursingMarch 6, 2018
Its not a good place to work no aide on the floor too many agency coming to work and you get to do all but yet no appreciation management tell lies and even document on your name even when it is not your working day just to get you fired work for little pay but overall good and lovely resident
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad manageme nt
So much potential...
CMA, CNA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 6, 2018
I personally never had a problem with management, however, i have seen the way they talk to the people around me. The management doesn't handle situations very well and you never feel like your voice is heard. There is quite a job turnover happening and there is a reason for it.
fast pace
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2018
typical day was fast paced
pay could be more competitive
some days better than others
nice environment
clean facility
nurses in charge were very helpful on the floor
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKNovember 22, 2017
This was a very lax environment to work in. Everyone was nice and respectful. This was a very balanced job that has good work hours and many benefits included.
Poor Leadership
Director of Marketing and Design (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 10, 2017
The leadership of Epworth Villa is worthless. They are far too concerned about covering up their own mistakes, and spend way too much time and energy blaming others.
Pros
Wonderful Residents
Cons
Poor Management
Each day had its own challenges and rewards
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2017
Typical day was managing staff, writing menus and other admin duties: schedules, invoices, etc.
Management was good but influx.
managing all the dining venues for customer satisfaction
the relationships
n/a
Utility Aide (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2017
Your getting paid to do 2x the amount of work. I've learned that no matter how hard you work it doesn't get any recognition. the management didn't have a sense of leadership. the workplace culture was often negative which had an negative impact on the employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fluctuating hours, self worth, no career advancement
Horrible Management, Unfair pay,
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2017
A typical work day would consist of you showing up for your shift then having a manager come and "borrow" one of your other aides before the day has even begun, then your are usually left alone to get all residents up, showered, and then you prepare breakfast and serve it yourself, toilet everyone get them to activities while still having to do housekeeping and plan your day.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks, low pay, horrible benefits
Great Place to work
wait staff (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 19, 2017
Wonderful Place to work. I met some wonderful patients that were residents in the assisted living place they called home.

I would highly recommend this facility.
Pros
free meals
Nice Place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2017
-A typical day at Epworth was you get there on time to serve your residents the best way you could.
-I learned how to greatly appreciate family and to love them no matter what.
-Workplace culture is very nice and a friendly loving environment.
-The hardest part of the job is where you lose a special resident and knowing you served them the best way you could and you becoming apart of their family as well.
-I enjoyed getting to make my residents smile and learn about what they did to get as far as they did in life.
Danger
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 3, 2016
company WILL NOT take care of bulling and harassing Discrimination, They will lie to you and also lie to try to cover up their mistakes they DO illegal stuff to staff and residents your professional licences Will be at risk. Low pay and no breaks and if you do take one you WILL be Harassed for taking one.VERY HIGH TURN AROUND in all departments and management and staff
Pros
Cons
to high of a risk for your licence
Beautiful Facility
Charge Nurse for Skilled Unite (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 16, 2016
The facility itself was beautiful and the staff obviously cared about the residents. It was a wonderful work experience.
Poor team culture, no opportunity to help improve the business processes.
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2015
Literally, I want them to be successful and I wanted to be part of that process, but was not allowed to be. They did not seem to value me or my work experience.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
no communication, no team
Great employees to work with!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 24, 2014
I worked with residents in both the long term care and assisted living units. I enjoyed working with the elderly and usually worked with great employees!

I either worked 8, 12, or 16 hour shifts while I was working here. The work could be very physically challenging since there was heavy lifting involved and we worked on our feet a lot. But I have always enjoyed working with the elderly so I really loved working here!

The management was decent at times but unfair at times too.
Pros
Ate lunch with residents; X-Mas bonus
Cons
Very physically demanding job
good for a first time job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 15, 2014
employee benefits and meals are excellent.nothing more to say.
Pros
good food
Cons
attracts un-professional coworkers
epworth villa
Certified nurse's assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 8, 2014
My job was to assist residents with their activities of daily living every resident is different ask them what they want to do.The I worked with were very helpful was not afraid to get their hands dirty. My co workers were very helpful also worked as a team. The hardest part of this job is learning to be patient. the most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the resident smile.
Pros
cna positions are always in demand
Cons
hard work
Good community and growing into what the public will want.
Vice President Of Operations (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma cityMarch 19, 2014
At the time I was assisting the community to evolve and had two roles one as the VPO and also NHA of the skilled nursing facility.
Pros
Lots of resources
Cons
Too political and only private pay