eQHealth Solutions Employee Reviews

Great company
Healthcare Quality Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 30, 2018
Great company and great opportunity. Fantastic IT & support. Best part was physician practice engagement. Hated to leave but position was not available with new contracts.
Company in a financial downturn with high churn and instability
Corporate Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 9, 2018
eQHealth was a great place to work for many years but executive turnover and mismanagement has forced a financial and operational downturn. High expense benefits and significant reduction in workforce has overloaded staff with too many hats to be effective. They preach culture, integrity and family atmosphere but that is about as far from the truth as you can get. Stay away.
Pros
Few at this point.
Cons
Just read my review.
Loved the coworkers I worked with.
Precertification Nurse/ Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 22, 2018
They were good to make sure we were ok. Had themed parties. It was like working with family. All helped each other with work They were very good at letting off to go to drs appts. Pay was good. I advanced as far as I could but was happy with that. Enjoyed speaking with the providers that called in for prior authorizations
Pros
Pay and ppl I worked with
A Failing Company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 23, 2018
EQHealth is losing contracts and continues to lose bids on new business. In four months, we have had 2 lay offs. The last one was right before Christmas. It seems like everyday another person is leaving. The morale is at an all time low. The CEO doesn’t seem to care and has cancelled the Town Hall meeting twice. If you are thinking about applying don’t waste your time.
Pros
There are not any.
Cons
Loss of contracts, lay offs, no stability, CEO who doesn’t care about employees
Going downhill fast!
IT (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 5, 2018
The company was better with the former CEO. The company is no longer a family type place and the only thing the new CEO cares about is how to make money with less employees. We were not allowed to take PTO at the end of the year because of work deadlines. People were laid off right before Christmas and we were told to be glad we have a job. Everyone that is left is looking for other positions.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Too may to list.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 28, 2017
Performed administrative duties for company supervisors • Assisted human resources with daily operations
• Established searchable medical records by keyword • Filed and organizing medical records
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Temporary Position
Unstable Company Run don't walk
Upper Management (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 23, 2017
I was a part of the upper management team. My salary was at industry standard, although the work load and expectations were unreasonable. I became I'll and after confidentially informing my manager, I was visited in my home state by HR and told my position was being eliminated. EQ has no shame. Avoid this place at all cost.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Financial tailspin
Staff (Current Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 22, 2017
Stay away! Regardless of how good it sounds! There is no stability. They have lost contracts and are closing offices. Released 1/4 of staff and those who stay are all looking for jobs. No transparency. The company spent 2 million to build a fancy new office to impress clients but did not have the money to pay for it. The space is half empty because they cut jobs to pay for it. Jobs were cut right at Christmas too.
Pros
Cons
Very unstable
Fast paced but relaxed
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Fast paced and productive workplace with supportive staff. Like a community/family. Work hard and also have fun. Do frequent potlucks for different occasions and like to celebrate everyone's b-day.
Pros
free coffee/tea
Cons
Have to account for every minute of the day
Unstable company with no growth
Former Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2017
This company has management that is terrible. The management is not knowledgeable at all. Management turns their head and allows employees that are supposed to be leaders make others in their department miserable.
Too much micromanagement for such a small staff.
Management does not recognize your skills
Don't work there......you will want to leave.
Cons
short breaks, micromangement, terrible management, no room for growth.
Good place to work if you don't care about salary
IT (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2017
This is a good place to work if you don't mind taking a pay cut. They are well below the pay scale for average in this area. Even if you are a superstar - they try to keep salaries low across the board (with the exception of executives and high level management). Executives also get ridiculous bonuses annually and the average worker does not get a bonus. Recently laid off 10% of the workforce to make the bottom line look good.
An awful place to work
office staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 28, 2017
this company, particularly corporate, has no regard for their employees. They will, without notice or cause, terminate an employee. The company is financially a mess. Their solution: let go of employees and keep the corporate office seats warm with a top heavy corporate staff. This company lacks transparency and ethics.
Good luck!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 16, 2017
Chances are very good that you WILL be taken advantage of as an employee. You will NOT be fairly compensated for your work. They will say that your compensation is linked to your performance because they are counting on the fact that no 2 employees will risk open discussion of their salaries and ratings, but if you do speak to another employee, you might find that they were awarded double the salary increase that you were - even though their rating was lower than your own. It's about your gender. It's about having the right "friends" at work. I've watched, time and time again, as this company has performed a bait and switch on employees... telling them they were being hired for one thing and then giving them completely different job duties after they accepted a position - even to the point of firing the employee for not adequately performing the duties of their altered position. I've listened to upper management mock employees with a disability. I've even personally witnessed Human Resources doctor employee records to keep from having to grant an ADA reasonable accommodation request.
Good company, lacking management and accountability.
Complex and Chronic Commercial Case manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70809May 19, 2017
When I started in December 2016, we had the BEST management team. We trained online with our supervisor, and she was the best. We were all so happy with this management pair.

Then it started, we lost our team leader of 5 years, then the manager of 6 years resigned 2 months later, and then, 2 weeks after that, my supervisor of 6 years and another team mate resigned. We currently are extremely short handed and have very little supervision. Unfortunately, many of my teammates are taking advantage of this situation, and not taking responsibility or accountability for what they are doing. IT is also very challenging; many days I am without work because the system goes down, and I hate to be without work.

I am one of the highest producers of all the case managers. We are watched by how much billable we produce daily. Our goal is 700, but I rarely have a day under 1000.

This is a wonderful company and there is always opportunities to grow, but it is a very difficult time that I don't see changing soon. I only make $65000, and I work much harder than I have in any of my previous jobs.
Pros
Wonderful company and great CEO & team!!!
Cons
low PTO, no management
Relaxed atmosphere
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2017
Very relaxed, casual atmosphere. Management issues tend to lead to conflict. In-fighting between teams can make accomplishing goals difficult at times.
The upper management in Tampa is horrible
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2016
This could be a great job, However the upper management leadership skills are poor. It is a hostile environment to work in even though you are remote .
Pros
Work remote
Cons
The upper management in Tampa are unprofessional and verbally abusive to staff.
Friendly and supportive environment
Administrative Services Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 22, 2016
I absolutely LOVED working here! The management in my department was superior and I enjoyed going to work every day. The overall working environment was great and I enjoyed working with people from all departments. There were a few exceptions, but overall it was a great place to work.
Do Not apply for this company
Pediatric Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
I had a similar experience to previous person who did a write up. I am highly experienced professional and I was accused of doing something that did not happen. I too had a new supervisor assigned to me. It is a very unstable work environment; frequent shifting of supervisors; disorganized communications and unrealistic expectations and workloads. Coworkers were able to help with the dysfunction because you needed support in order to survive.
Stay away!
Currently employed (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 3, 2016
What was once a thriving and stable company is now struggling and unstable; from leadership to finances to employee morale, customer satisfaction, and compliance. This company needs a major overhaul!
Pros
Cons
Lack of leadership, communication. Budget crisis. Employee morale low.
Excellent company
Information Security Architect (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 9, 2015
I have worked for EQ in IT Security for a year now. I love my job and coming in to work every day. It is a medium size company so you don't get lost in the shuffle. All of your accomplishments are recognized even up to the C level. The budget is strong so you always have what you need, and the technology is always being improved so you get to play with new toys. There are some disgruntled employees who have left negative reviews here, but I have not seen it at all.
Pros
Employees are great, salary is good, work life balance is amazing
Cons
Insurance is a little high but coverage is good