EQT Corporation Employee Reviews

Contractor Blues
Contractor (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 13, 2019
EQT is a nice place to work, but as a contractor there is no job security and the salary is less than par. The people are outstanding, though - I have never seen such a well put together department with such first rate people.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No hope of being hired
Company in Transition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2018
Currently transitioning from Upstream/Midstream Oil & Gas company to strictly Upstream Production company. Excellent compensation and benefits with 9/80 work week and vacation based on years of service in the industry.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Management in flux
Very poor management
Administration (Current Employee) –  CanonsburgNovember 1, 2018
Management turnover was high. Management couldn’t make decisions and provided very little training. No one had answers to questions. Some employee’s work load was too much and others did nothing. Management has no idea what the employee are doing. It’s a very confusing work environment. Lots of mistakes are made and no one cares.
Pros
No supervision so no micromanaging
Cons
No structure
Challenging to advance without being part of niche personnel
Senior Business Analyst, Commercial Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2018
Limited promotion opportunities unless you are part of many niche groups
Not opportunity to be promoted
Senior management decision making indecisive on core company project resulting in confusion and delay of project completions
Multiple IT system platforms with inconsistent information among these databases
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
lack of management decision making
Stressful
Compliance Inspector / Technical Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVOctober 17, 2018
Early years were great then there was to much stress. Working on your supervisors value drivers before your own created a stressful environment. Value Drivers began to be outrageous and not apart of your normal job.
Pros
schedule
Cons
Stress
Na
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2018
I was a temp and cannot speak much of the benefits. It was an easy day to day task assignment and I really enjoyed that. I have learned the importance of being thorough.
Ok if you need temporary work
LAND ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg PASeptember 12, 2018
No training whatsoever. No feedback whatsoever. You’re left alone for the most part but when you need something you’re on your own. There are some good people here but the majority of your coworkers are very two faced and not helpful. You are on your own. There are dozens of contractors (basically temps) that have been here for up to five years waiting to be hired on. Waste of time.
Pros
You’re left alone for the most part
Cons
You’re also alone if you need help with anything
Challenging
Senior Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2018
Learned to manage myself.
There was a great opportunity for growth professionally and corporately.
There were opportunities were I believed I contributed to advancing the company.
Overworked and underappreciated
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2018
Despite touting work/life balance, often worked 11-12 hour days, worked on days off, and often on weekends. Salary was decent, but not for the amount of additional time spent beyond typical 40hr work week.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No corporate culture
Excellent Work Environment
GIS Technician II (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJuly 24, 2018
A place to innovate together for one common mission. I enjoyed my work at EQT and all the colleagues that I worked with everyday. When working together there is a lot that can be accomplished.
Career Oriented Place To Work
BUSINESS ANALYST INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
Everyone seemed to be very collaborative and focused on career growth, which was incredibly helpful. A typical day in the office could get fairly quiet, though were a few happy hours/lunches with the team.
Very fast paced and demanding.
Lead GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2018
Things go down at breakneck speeds.
You really have to be a performer to not get left behind.
Things are getting better but getting training was very difficult up until recently.
Sometimes I feel like upper management and the workers have a great disconnect.
The drive for innovation sometimes outweighs the needs to do a job well.
Everyone is pretty easy to work with, as we all have to help each other or get caught up in the maelstrom.
The IT group is sometimes difficult to work with. The workers themselves are great and helpful but their management is a complete cluster.
Industry leader, high quality people, heavily political, silo'd culture
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2018
My perspective is by nature limited... others likely have different views:

PROS
• Great compensation
• 9/80 work schedule, wonderful work life balance
• Great individual people
• Highly talented workforce, largely from advanced degrees
• Industry is secure (energy)
• Industry leader

CONS
• Slow moving, heavily silo'd culture
• Low opportunity for advancement
Pros
See below
Cons
See below
Overall: Great benefits and pay.
Midstream (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2018
Work life balance is not great. Pay and benefits are very good. Career advancement from within could be improved. Moving to Southpointe should be a bonus, reducing travel and parking costs.
Very Stressful and Hard Place to Work
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2018
My lease favorite job experience in all of my career. Too much turnover due to the cut throat mentality and the way they treat people as expendable pieces that can be discarded at anytime if they don't fit exactly what they want. Not inclusive, not a place where individual thought and diverse thought is not welcomed.
Unstable industry
Land Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
The O/G industry has consolidated leaving the experienced following Contract positions across the country. It's an undependable industry across the board (Land men, truck drivers etc). In other words you may be employed 6 months out of the year and changes in Unemployment Compensation may leave you in a customer service job or without income till the industry "picks up again".
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Undependable income
very organized
Project Scheduler- Full-time (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2018
I have only been there a short time, but everyone seems to be proactive and productive. I especially like that the bus drops off and picks up right in front of the building - no more parkway hassles.
Intern
Development and Reservoir Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2018
This job was at an intern level. Not comfortable drawing conclusion off the company as a whole during such a short time frame. Just be prepared for a weird culture and keep your mouth shut.
Wonderful Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 2, 2018
EQT is a great place to work for. Very understanding when it comes to your family life outside of work. You learn to work with new programs, new people, and new environments. I have not met anyone that I didn't like or didn't get along with. Great environment.
Pros
Great Benefits, 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off)
Cons
good place if you are a robot
Tier 0,1 PC Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2018
-answer phone, troubleshoot issue's the user has ether resolve or raise ticket status.
-I learned that no one their in computer savvy, and not to get into long chats with the end users even if they start it.
-The managment when they did show up ti see how your doing are good people. but when/if anything happens their quick to fire you.
-As contractors they shoved us in a small room with no windows. im sure if we were full time we gets our own desks.
-Hardest part of the job is trying to get any real info of what the user's problems are and who deals with the programs/internet sites.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was the pay, hours and the IT team I was working with.
Pros
Pay, hour lunch.
Cons
very short breaks if any, having to pay for parking, and know one seemed they were doing there job and always in meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight