EQT Corporation Employee Reviews

Industry leader, high quality people, heavily political, silo'd culture
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2018
My perspective is by nature limited... others likely have different views:

PROS
• Great compensation
• 9/80 work schedule, wonderful work life balance
• Great individual people
• Highly talented workforce, largely from advanced degrees
• Industry is secure (energy)
• Industry leader

CONS
• Slow moving, heavily silo'd culture
• Low opportunity for advancement
Pros
See below
Cons
See below
Overall: Great benefits and pay.
Midstream (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2018
Work life balance is not great. Pay and benefits are very good. Career advancement from within could be improved. Moving to Southpointe should be a bonus, reducing travel and parking costs.
Very Stressful and Hard Place to Work
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2018
My lease favorite job experience in all of my career. Too much turnover due to the cut throat mentality and the way they treat people as expendable pieces that can be discarded at anytime if they don't fit exactly what they want. Not inclusive, not a place where individual thought and diverse thought is not welcomed.
Unstable industry
Land Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 11, 2018
The O/G industry has consolidated leaving the experienced following Contract positions across the country. It's an undependable industry across the board (Land men, truck drivers etc). In other words you may be employed 6 months out of the year and changes in Unemployment Compensation may leave you in a customer service job or without income till the industry "picks up again".
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Undependable income
very organized
Project Scheduler- Full-time (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2018
I have only been there a short time, but everyone seems to be proactive and productive. I especially like that the bus drops off and picks up right in front of the building - no more parkway hassles.
Intern
Development and Reservoir Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 4, 2018
This job was at an intern level. Not comfortable drawing conclusion off the company as a whole during such a short time frame. Just be prepared for a weird culture and keep your mouth shut.
Wonderful Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVApril 2, 2018
EQT is a great place to work for. Very understanding when it comes to your family life outside of work. You learn to work with new programs, new people, and new environments. I have not met anyone that I didn't like or didn't get along with. Great environment.
Pros
Great Benefits, 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off)
Cons
good place if you are a robot
Tier 0,1 PC Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 19, 2018
-answer phone, troubleshoot issue's the user has ether resolve or raise ticket status.
-I learned that no one their in computer savvy, and not to get into long chats with the end users even if they start it.
-The managment when they did show up ti see how your doing are good people. but when/if anything happens their quick to fire you.
-As contractors they shoved us in a small room with no windows. im sure if we were full time we gets our own desks.
-Hardest part of the job is trying to get any real info of what the user's problems are and who deals with the programs/internet sites.
-The most enjoyable part of my job was the pay, hours and the IT team I was working with.
Pros
Pay, hour lunch.
Cons
very short breaks if any, having to pay for parking, and know one seemed they were doing there job and always in meetings.
Dynamic Natural Gas
Midstream Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 4, 2018
Good pay and benefits
Great location on North Shore Pittsburgh
Excellent focus of performance review, goals, and objectives
Clear and concise guidance
High expectations, stressful, poor family/work balance, unapprecciatted
Senior Automation and Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 2, 2018
Although the compensation was inline for the industry the job expectations were off the charts. Management only wanted to be involved for the end result, never for the day to day sacrifices that needed to be done to achieve the goal. There is no work family balance for most jobs within the company. My manager and VP didn't even have the courtesy to thank me for my eight years of faithful service upon my retirement. The management philosophy is: that is what we pay you for.
Competitive, Cutthroat, Well Paying
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Great job if you have an engineering background/engineering degree and/or a ton of field operations experience in oil and gas. If you possess these things not only will EQT pay you quite well, you will advance quickly, if you are competitive and results driven. They pay very very well and the benefits are fantastic. A great place for an engineer looking to advance their career. EQT looks great on a resume. The culture is a nightmare. Very cliquey and people will betray you in a heartbeat to get ahead. Watch your back. People hardly talk to one another unless you are part of the clique. If it weren't for the culture, this would be a pretty good place to work.
Good pay does not excuse poor management.
LACKEY (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2018
The pay and benefits are actually very good, but it does NOT make up for the environment and mistreatment of employees.

Many of the lower managers do not know how to manage people. Most of upper management has no regard for the workforce (they are treated as expendable).

There is a strong "boys club" atmosphere and if you don't think the same way as them, you're not allowed in.This makes advancement very difficult.

The bonus structure does not promote team work. In fact it creates a negatively competitive atmosphere, where people and departments will push others aside to get there project done first (as to get their bonus).

High production is expected at all times even if it means cutting corners, quality means little.

The stress levels are off the chart, NOT WORTH IT.
Pros
Pay scale.
Cons
Everything else.
Horrible Company
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJanuary 29, 2018
EQT really does not care about safety, they are more concerned with liability and placing the blame on the employee if something were to happen. Most of management is there because their Mom or highschool buddy was able to get them into their position. They are constantly changing your work area and who you report to. Its almost like they do things just to make their employees miserable. Communication is almost non existent. They are constantly making people scared for their job and try to motivate people through intimidation. I would say this is the reason you don't see more negative reviews.
Cons
treated like a piece of company property
Great company, very demanding
Data Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 1, 2017
Great company, wonderful benefits. But its very high stress and your work goes home with you at the end of the day, whether you are salary or hourly. Great job for college grads, but once you are more established or would like to start a family, the balance will be very hard. Do-able, but hard.
Productive and fast paced work environment
Associate Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 28, 2017
Always something to do and learn. Very quiet workplace. You are responsible for completing your own tasks and ensuring that they are completed in a timely manner. If help is needed, it is up to you to find the correct answers.
Interesting place to work
Reservoir Petroleum Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2017
I generally enjoyed going to work every weekday. There are great people at EQT, and great projects to work on. They are a winning company and I would recommend taking a job with them if you get the chance!
Pros
Pay, people, projects
Cons
Sometimes a bit stressful
Stressful and unrewarding
Slave (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2017
Most people working for EQT stay solely because of the monetary compensation and they are unhappy with the workplace otherwise. It is a very stressful and unrewarding place to work.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Great compensation
Manager of Accounting; Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 25, 2017
The compensation structure at EQT is great. If you're looking for a challenging opportunity that requires employees to be at the highest level of efficiency, this place is for you.
Administrative Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 2, 2017
Very competitive environment chances for promotion, however, as a contractor I really can't contribute more

I really liked the professional regimental way in which things are set up. Great organization, however, communications need work.
Pros
Nice lunch area
Cons
Contractor, however, new managers are a little green
Not the typical corporate lifestyle
Serves as EQT Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 30, 2017
I genuinely love my roll at EQT, I am just looking to relocate eventually and see what all the industry has to offer. I do not have anything bad to say about my current position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight