EQT Corporation Employee Reviews

Very difficult organization
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2019
The leadership was in flux constantly and the day to day operations were incredibly political. Meetings were constant and unproductive. I enjoyed most of my time, but as the company grew and split, that enjoyment was lost.
Great benefits package and bonuses offered
Drug and Alcohol Screening Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2019
This company was great for job security, but lacked in company culture, as it was not very diverse.
The management was somewhat overbearing in my department, which generated lots of anxiety for some employees.
Great place to work!
Paralegal/Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 1, 2019
I very much enjoy my job at EQT. I stay busy and have learned a lot. My supervisor allows me the freedom to do my job and knows I will get guidance and advice as needed. The hardest part of my job is a lack of communication with other employees and a delay in them getting needed information to me. I find my job enjoyable because I like what I do and the people I work with.
Needs help
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 10, 2019
EQT used to be a fantastic place to work - great pay, excellent benefits, CEO with great vision and knowledge of the Marcellus and its potential, employee recognition, promoting from within, encouragement of employee betterment, etc. Unfortunately, most of these great items have fallen by the wayside. I do have a relatively good opinion of the new management team in place, but think they have a long way to go to make EQT a great place to work again.
Pros
flexible work schedule, excelled paid time off, quasi-strong leadership
Cons
no employee encouragement, stressful workplace, uneasy time at the company
they put so much paper work on the consultants they can't look after to job the way they need to.
Completion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Company in big trouble. To many bosses. EQT is the most stressful company I have ever worked for. The company waste so much money it is pitiful. Every time you go back after days off you have a new sop to worry about.
Poor Management with very tight ties
Construction Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJanuary 22, 2019
It was a very cut throat culture. I always felt that I had to “CYA” and was always “looking over my shoulder”. If you were not a part of the “good ole boy club”, then you got cut at lay off time. My experience was not utilized, no chance to provide input or insight, I actually got “dumber” by working here. Upper management had no idea how to efficiently run the department. Had too many people in all the wrong places. A handful of us worked long hours while the rest did absolutely nothing. People put in positions with literally no background or experience in the role they were given.

Maybe some new executives (not legacy employees) might get the boat turned in the right direction?
Pros
Cons
Old money, not ready to accept change, cut throat, long hours to get good wages, over paid and under qualified employees
Contractor Blues
Contractor (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 13, 2019
EQT is a nice place to work, but as a contractor there is no job security and the salary is less than par. The people are outstanding, though - I have never seen such a well put together department with such first rate people.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No hope of being hired
Poor management choices
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Great benefits and flexible schedule. Overly ambitious management choices have caused the unexpected lay off of 10% of the work force when they were already greatly understaffed.
Company in Transition
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 15, 2018
Currently transitioning from Upstream/Midstream Oil & Gas company to strictly Upstream Production company. Excellent compensation and benefits with 9/80 work week and vacation based on years of service in the industry.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Management in flux
Very poor management
Administration (Current Employee) –  CanonsburgNovember 1, 2018
Management turnover was high. Management couldn’t make decisions and provided very little training. No one had answers to questions. Some employee’s work load was too much and others did nothing. Management has no idea what the employee are doing. It’s a very confusing work environment. Lots of mistakes are made and no one cares.
Pros
No supervision so no micromanaging
Cons
No structure
Challenging to advance without being part of niche personnel
Senior Business Analyst, Commercial Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2018
Limited promotion opportunities unless you are part of many niche groups
Not opportunity to be promoted
Senior management decision making indecisive on core company project resulting in confusion and delay of project completions
Multiple IT system platforms with inconsistent information among these databases
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
lack of management decision making
Stressful
Compliance Inspector / Technical Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVOctober 17, 2018
Early years were great then there was to much stress. Working on your supervisors value drivers before your own created a stressful environment. Value Drivers began to be outrageous and not apart of your normal job.
Pros
schedule
Cons
Stress
Na
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2018
I was a temp and cannot speak much of the benefits. It was an easy day to day task assignment and I really enjoyed that. I have learned the importance of being thorough.
Ok if you need temporary work
LAND ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg PASeptember 12, 2018
No training whatsoever. No feedback whatsoever. You’re left alone for the most part but when you need something you’re on your own. There are some good people here but the majority of your coworkers are very two faced and not helpful. You are on your own. There are dozens of contractors (basically temps) that have been here for up to five years waiting to be hired on. Waste of time.
Pros
You’re left alone for the most part
Cons
You’re also alone if you need help with anything
Challenging
Senior Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2018
Learned to manage myself.
There was a great opportunity for growth professionally and corporately.
There were opportunities were I believed I contributed to advancing the company.
Overworked and underappreciated
Environmental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 1, 2018
Despite touting work/life balance, often worked 11-12 hour days, worked on days off, and often on weekends. Salary was decent, but not for the amount of additional time spent beyond typical 40hr work week.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No corporate culture
Excellent Work Environment
GIS Technician II (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJuly 24, 2018
A place to innovate together for one common mission. I enjoyed my work at EQT and all the colleagues that I worked with everyday. When working together there is a lot that can be accomplished.
Career Oriented Place To Work
BUSINESS ANALYST INTERN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2018
Everyone seemed to be very collaborative and focused on career growth, which was incredibly helpful. A typical day in the office could get fairly quiet, though were a few happy hours/lunches with the team.
Very fast paced and demanding.
Lead GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2018
Things go down at breakneck speeds.
You really have to be a performer to not get left behind.
Things are getting better but getting training was very difficult up until recently.
Sometimes I feel like upper management and the workers have a great disconnect.
The drive for innovation sometimes outweighs the needs to do a job well.
Everyone is pretty easy to work with, as we all have to help each other or get caught up in the maelstrom.
The IT group is sometimes difficult to work with. The workers themselves are great and helpful but their management is a complete cluster.
Industry leader, high quality people, heavily political, silo'd culture
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 21, 2018
My perspective is by nature limited... others likely have different views:

PROS
• Great compensation
• 9/80 work schedule, wonderful work life balance
• Great individual people
• Highly talented workforce, largely from advanced degrees
• Industry is secure (energy)
• Industry leader

CONS
• Slow moving, heavily silo'd culture
• Low opportunity for advancement
Pros
See below
Cons
See below

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQT Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight