Equality Charter School Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Adult Education Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 14, 2018
It's a pleasure working at Equality Charter School. You learn multiple things to enhance your career. The management are very helpful. Human Resources is very effective.
Pros
Great Working Environment
Good Place to develop new skills and sharping current skills
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 22, 2018
Keep your main focus on the children. Training's are provided for further growth in all fields. School provides a reasonable salary in-addition to actions plans to promote growth.
typical day
Custodian/Handyman (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2017
Alot of cleaning and sometimes heavy lifting. always making sure school is safe and secure. Making sure students are safe and secure.But teachers and students are easy to get along with sometimes a bit fast paced but managable, Can be a bit unorganized and a bit confusing but other wise good.
Pros
lunch
Cons
lunck not good at times
Work hard, learn a lot!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 11, 2017
I was newer to education when I started at Equality. I have learned so much over my career there. I have become better organized so that I have improved work/life balance, which I struggled with when I started out. I find the job extremely rewarding and I enjoy what I do each day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids and relationships between staff. There is definitely a family/community vibe at Equality that I never experienced anywhere else I've ever worked.
Pros
the kids, the support you get from other staff/supervisors, focus on improving academics of the students
Cons
it is challenging work
Intense Workload
High School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2017
Equality is a very unique educational world since they want to create their own systems and expectations different from their competitors. They need to work on developing there managing staff, and eliminate the redundant headaches.

Need a better balance of worklife and home life. Better hours for staff who have families.
Pros
Technology is so advanced
Cons
Start time
Hustle and focus are rewarded
CFO (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2017
The best thing about Equality is working with fun, smart and thoughtful people. The culture is supportive and inspiring. The hardest part of the job is handling the surprises that pop up.
Challenging work environment
7th Grade ELA Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 12, 2015
Equality offered a lot of work for teachers with little assistance in development of skills, behaviorally challenged scholars or encouragement to progress within the teaching field.
Pros
Some PD development sessions
Cons
Work environment, management, behavioral system
Micro managed staff with little to no freedom
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Run away as fast as you can! The new principal at the middle school is unsupportive and sets her staff up for failure. While the compensation is fair, the way the staff are treated is not. There is a very high turn over rate with the teachers.
Cons
micro managed
great place of work
Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 26, 2014
Driving to work from Queens to the bronx get there on time things i learn about working with the kids that they are hard working kid ready to learn the hardest part really not having a field the most enjoyable is teaching the greatest game to the kids.
okay place to be at if you love kids
School Aide (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 1, 2013
staff have hidden agenda's, kids constantly disrespect you and no punishment is given
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equality Charter School. Our community is ready to answer.

Equality Charter School Reviews by Location