EQUIAN LLC Employee Reviews

Fast Paced but relaxed work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 19, 2019
I learned patience at this job. The environment is fast paced. They do provide great benefits and vacation time. I would recommend this job to anyone looking a for a good job.
You can do much better.
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 19, 2018
In 2016 Trover Solutions was Acquired by Equain and the culture went down the drain. Execs tried to sell it as a “merger”, but “merger” means the fusion of two or more than two companies voluntarily to form a new company. When one entity purchases the business of another entity, it is known as “Acquisition”. In hindsight, that was a red flag. Trover cared about employees, to Equian, employees are just numbers, cogs. Trover’s culture gave it a soul, Equian managed to crush that soul in less than a year.

Most of the jobs at Equian are not stressful. However management makes the work environment stressful. Job assignments were changed constantly, leading to the elimination of positions on a regular basis as well as general confusion, our trainers didn’t know what was going on in the positions they were training. I don’t blame them, there was no way they could keep up. I felt like even working the position, we never truly knew what we were doing, or if we were doing it correctly… procedures changed to frequently.

Managers were USUALLY promoted not based on work or experience, but based on their relationship with their department head. This lead to a weak group of leaders, who were not only unprofessional, but downright inappropriate at times. Nothing you can do about it, they weren’t and won’t be held accountable by a Department head or VP who’s personal relationship interferes with his professional ones.

There are good managers here, however upper management is HORRIBLE. I felt my supervisor treated me unfairly based on my gender. It wasn’t just me, my entire team
  more... took note of how I was singled out and “picked on”. It felt like this was high-school, not a place of business. I collected evidence about how I was treated to turn over to HR, but by the time I was sitting in a room signing my separation paperwork, I just didn’t care enough to even attempt to pass along the evidence of the supervisors inappropriate behavior. Good riddance.

Co-workers were amazing, the pay was fair, and the work wasn’t all that hard, and the schedule was perfect. But honestly, I would pass on working for the company if there was 100,000+ a year on the table. You should never feel sick at work or at home because of your manager. Find somewhere that supports and values employees in their actions, not their words. You can do much better.
Pros
Schedule, Pay, and Benefits are fair
Cons
Management, Culture, sub par Training
Competitive
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 30, 2018
Great job, people and job experience! The most enjoyable part of the day is talking to people o n the phone, like Attorneys and insurance companies! During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my recoveries and assessing their progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Monday to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff during the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among the team. Along with constant interaction with my team, I also attend a weekly board meeting where I present my department’s progress to the executive board. On Fridays, once all these tasks are completed, I make sure I have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week.
Worst place to work ever
Bill Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 12, 2018
Management is not qualified. You have to sit all day with no talking. Only able to get out of you chair for 5 mins to go to bathroom other than breaks and lunch. When you are hired you are thrown in to work with no training but your errors are counted. Benefits are horrible. No room for advancement. Very click ish. Each employee is not treated the same.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Benefits are horrible, Management is not qualified, very stressful atmosphere
Loved it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 1, 2018
Had life worked out differently, I would have never left. I loved working here. My co-workers were professional. The benefits were great. The job was very paced, but very easy. They do what they can to accommodate you, and they treat you like a person.
Excellent opportunity
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 9, 2018
I have been working at Equian for almost 2 years. It was a great career move. I have been promoted and treated more fairly here than at any company I've worked for in the past. Their health insurance is affordable, the offer a solid 401(K) match and are conveniently located. There is also a reasonable amount of flexibility. I truly feel valued here.
Pros
Location, health insurance, HSA with company match, Hra
Cons
Moving very quickly makes it hard to keep up with the change and accomplish accuracy
Run!
Subrogation (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 13, 2018
This place is a nightmare. They work you to death and when you meet your goals, they just raise them so you can't make bonus. Then they fire all of their senior subro examiners so they can bring in customer service reps to do subrogation for cheaper. They don't care about quality, only the bottom line.
Pros
Equian LLC is a great place to work
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisApril 8, 2018
Equian cares about its employees. Good balance with good pay.Lots of smaller offices around US.

Loved going to those locations and solve problems.

Smart people.
Pros
employees are empowered, cared for + relax atmosphere
Cons
middle managers are typically remote and may not know what you are doing
Pleasant work life balance, unpleasant earning potential
BILL REVIEW ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 4, 2018
There were complicated office politics where I worked. It leaned heavily toward favoritism and nepotism versus education, experience or merit. There was a double standard for promotions and advance opportunities. Be prepared to stay in the position in which you are hired unless you befriend the right management member.
Pros
Flexible hours, clean attractive workplace, consistent work load, relaxed dress code, free snacks and drinks provided occassionally, entertainment perks occassionally
Cons
Poor communication from management team, inconsistent hiring and promotion practices
Means to an end
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 31, 2018
I needed a job at the time and they were hiring. Was a very stressful and competitive job. The people were nice for the most part but the management made the atmosphere very stressful.
Pros
Always hiring
Remote Nurse Auditor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 2, 2018
I’m a remote nurse auditor and am proud to say I work for Equian. I initially started with Trover Solutions and was a bit nervous about the merger with Equian. However, the transition has had no negative effect on my role Great company to work and great leadership!! Hoping to work for the company til I retire.
Pros
Remote. Great compensation. Bonus potential. Attainable production goals.
Collaborative, professional workplace
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 26, 2017
The environment is fast-paced, collaborative, and professional. Those with whom I have interacted are focused but friendly, and everyone I've dealt with has been helpful, patient, and even appreciative of questions and suggestions. My immediate supervisor has been consistently willing to provide encouragement and direction as I have learned the business. I have loved my experience so far and have no reason to expect anything different in the future.
Pros
Benefits, collaborative and supportive environment
Cons
Nothing significant.
Poor upper management
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 22, 2017
Poor upper management. However, my immediate boss was wonderful. The company merged in 2016 with Trover solutions and the equian management took over. Expectations were set WAYYYY too high that no one was meeting them.
Not a good place to work
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Golden, COJune 23, 2017
The training is horrible at this company along with management support. Management's lack of support as well as not providing you the necessary tools in order to perform your job is horrible. If you are seeking a company that provides a good business culture environment then this is not the company to work for.
P&C Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 25, 2017
Enjoyed my coworkers and management staff they were very flexible and willing to help me when i got sick which is why i ended up loosing this job I would work there again if a position opened.
Stressful work environment
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 28, 2017
Though a typical job itself at Equian is not stressful, the management makes the work environment stressful. Management was often promoted from within with no previous management experience or knowledge of how to deal with employees.

Myself and others were subjected to undue stress, ridicule in front of other employees and other unprofessional behavior up to and including threats of termination.

Job assignments were almost constantly shifted around leading to the elimination of positions on a regular basis as well as general confusion.

Though I give my approval of the overall job of the CEO from the company standpoint, it is my belief that upper management has no idea how the day to day operations are conducted.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Constant fear of job loss

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQUIAN LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9