Equinix Employee Reviews

The Company Is Going Downhill.... Fast
Senior Facility Engineer V (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAJanuary 16, 2019
The environment at Equinix has always been fast paced and demanding. Over the last year the company has made some poor choices in acquisitions and appointment of executive management. While these choices have not yet significantly impacted the company's reputation for reliability, many of the new changes going into effect will have a significant negative impact over the coming years. It is a paycheck, but the passion has been leached.
Great for data engineers
IBX Facility Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2018
Great place to work, aggressive environment, show yourself you can do it and they will let you do it and fund it. Money is not an issue for this company, if you looking for money money money this is the place. Good salary, good benefits, ok 401k, good stock program, free stock program for senor management.
no lunch break
G4S Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYFebruary 7, 2019
toxic work place! stay away! very demanding and stressful when they need coverage and if you say no its a big problem. you are just a number to them to fill the post and they have no problem replacing you.reliefs have no consideration for getting to work on time usually late. hardest part of the job was their out dated and complicated programs that always have issues. pay should be higher and the benefits are horrible. management loves to micro manage you in every way possible they also love to condescend you any chance they get. shaming you for petty errors becomes the everyday norm. they love to do petty monthly training's that do not have to do with day to day job duties.a job is a job but when the average person last at a site for a few months at some point you have to ask yourself why is the turn over rate so high.they need an undercover boss to witness the day to day operations of how each guard is treated.
Productive and Fun Workplace
IBX III Data Center Tech (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2018
The Equinix people and culture are a critical part of Equinix's success and is a key factor as we move forward towards continued business growth and opportunity for the employees.
Pros
Equinix lives and breathes by its culture and values, which can be seen in any employee interactions as well as the overall success of the company.
Cons
Intense growth can mean intense work, but it keeps you on your toes!
Equinix is a Racist and Prejudice Place to Work for.
Network Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 9, 2018
Going back approximately two years ago management was different should I call it normal. Equinix brought in new directors who brought in their people. One after another was promoted, engineers with no NOC experience coming in at higher pay rates than others. My typical interaction with my new managers was brief maybe 5 minutes at the most at the start of my shift. There is no workplace culture instead there was lots of bitterness from the majority of NOC personnel. The hardest part of the job was just trying to make management accept me as a person rather than trash as I was treated. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the friendships I developed during the 9 years of employment with Equinix.
Pros
Vacation, Yearly Bonus
Cons
Horrible Directors, Managers and Human Resource
Wages are not on par with competitors.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VASeptember 4, 2018
Overall Equinix is an ok place to work. The pay is not commiserate with the level of work that is expected for salary based employees. Equinix will readily promote from within because it ends up saving them thousands of dollars. I was promoted to salary doing the exact same job making about 20k less due to loss of overtime compensation. I was lead to believe that this difference would be made up through off cycle raises that never came to fruition. With the amount of Data Centers in the Ashburn area I would recommend going somewhere else that will pay you better for the same amount of work.
Really nice place to work.
Document Management Specialist - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Very helpful employees and trusted my work I produced. I worked amongst two different teams through the week. I took charge on many roles and helped organize files through excel.
Difficult to advance career, management issues
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 4, 2018
There were a number of capable people there, however management was disorganized and not willing to utilize skills of employees and properly allocate resources. This led to some people not being able to advance their careers as they wanted (many left), and unnecessary hires (rather than discussing issues openly with the team and more effectively utilizing available resources.

Communication between teams was often poor and frustrating, it was clear that it was frustrating even for upper management. This is my subjective experience, and may not be representative of other locations or even teams. During my time there, the VP left very suddenly, as well as our team lead, a lead architect/manager, and many qualified employees. Many stayed due to visa issues.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Management not interested in supporting employee growth
Amazing
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
For this position I worked from home. It was hard working from home and not being hands on.
I was a Sales Support Associate so I managed all the quotes and orders for the Sales Reps.
The work culture was amazing, you can tell people really enjoyed working there. Everyone was always so helpful and never made you feel stupid.
We traveled a lot and that was pretty cool.
Definitely my favorite place to work
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Not being in an office, I like seeing people.
good company
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 13, 2018
growth of company was too fast for them to keep up with good hires, This is a waste of my time why do i have to write all of this for you it's not going to help[.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
management
Great learning experience
Manager, Facility Operations (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Manage projects involving customer equipment, capital improvements, and computerized preventive
maintenance repair and maintenance system.
♦ Respond on an as-needed basis to emergencies such as system failures, fire alarms, severe weather,
etc., 24/7 and arrange for back up when not available.
♦ Manage personnel administration duties, including salary, reviews, and disciplinary actions. Implement
and enforce corporate safety, health and environmental policies, including activities of outside
contractors to ensure no adverse effect on the operation of the facility.
♦ Effectively manage facility maintenance for all mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, direct
and train operations team in a manner that achieves availability objectives of 99.999% or better.
Achievement of this level of availability and effective management of personnel activities was
achieved through training, and comprehensive knowledge of central plant systems and the specific
redundancy features of the systems.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Work life balance
Great people to work with, fun and energetic.
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2018
Equinix came and bought us a year and a half ago and we are still trying to learn their processes and management style. Their structure as a company is good and gives employees flexibility.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
12 hour shifts
Ping pong, free breakfast.
Corporate Real Estate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 28, 2018
A typical day at work can be boring at times. But can be fun servicing our colleagues. There are free breakfasts and diversity. Enough. I've written enough.
Pros
Free lunches
Equinix Review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 22, 2018
Equinix is a pleasure to work at, for the time I have been with them (7 months at present). They are considerate of personal life needs, when applicable.
Management was very helpful in getting me up and running and well prepared to meet the day to day expectations.
At night i was my self. If any thing goes worng I was responsible to fix otherwise I have to lead Engineer
IBX Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 24, 2018
I use to work from 6:00pm to 6:00am in the morning. I worked for ten years.
We had chillers, generators, and cooling towers on the roof I have trouble shoot.
Repairing replacement of Cooling Tower VFD, sensors other electronic components.
Pros
we had fre snacks
Cons
Lunch was not paid beaks was paid.
Nice place to work
Order Support Group Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 4, 2018
Equinix was a great place to work and I made life long friends. Work place culture was very collaborative. I learned a lot working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
people
Cons
work/life balance
Learning Curve
Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 8, 2018
I was here temporarily to assist with their Year end close. Assisted in their accounting department scrubbing taxes and data in time for the annual year end W2's.
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
No room for growth
Ok company
Facilities (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 9, 2018
Good company, great people at lower levels, management not so great. Extremely stressful work enviroment due to poor leadership. Very little opportunity to grow unless you are part of a certain group.
Great company to work for
Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 30, 2018
Great solutions, smart people and poised to keep growing. Very employee friendly culture. Seek input from employees. Strong leadership and strong branding.
Best Career Company
Senior IBX Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 12, 2018
The atmosphere here at Equinix surpasses any company I've ever worked at. When you come to work and see people that are motivated and enjoy there jobs, then the company must be doing something right.

The Benefits are a nice bonus as well. Annual bonuses, quarterly performance bonuses, good health care/dental care, plus ESPP.

Equinix also has a tuition reimbursement program to help with those individuals who want to further their career.

The work itself can be relaxed or difficult depending on the task, yet all training is provided to help you succeed. With highly qualified personnel, there is no excuse why you cannot learn something new everyday here!
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, excellent benefits, relaxed enviroment
Cons
The commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinix. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Equinix.

Powered by Comparably