Equinix Employee Reviews

good company
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 13, 2018
growth of company was too fast for them to keep up with good hires, This is a waste of my time why do i have to write all of this for you it's not going to help[.
Pros
good working environment
Cons
management
Great company to work for
Engineer (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 30, 2018
Great solutions, smart people and poised to keep growing. Very employee friendly culture. Seek input from employees. Strong leadership and strong branding.
Ping pong, free breakfast.
Corporate Real Estate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 28, 2018
A typical day at work can be boring at times. But can be fun servicing our colleagues. There are free breakfasts and diversity. Enough. I've written enough.
Pros
Free lunches
Equinix is a Racist and Prejudice Place to Work for.
Network Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 9, 2018
Going back approximately two years ago management was different should I call it normal. Equinix brought in new directors who brought in their people. One after another was promoted, engineers with no NOC experience coming in at higher pay rates than others. My typical interaction with my new managers was brief maybe 5 minutes at the most at the start of my shift. There is no workplace culture instead there was lots of bitterness from the majority of NOC personnel. The hardest part of the job was just trying to make management accept me as a person rather than trash as I was treated. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the friendships I developed during the 9 years of employment with Equinix.
Pros
Vacation, Yearly Bonus
Cons
Horrible Directors, Managers and Human Resource
Ok company
Facilities (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 9, 2018
Good company, great people at lower levels, management not so great. Extremely stressful work enviroment due to poor leadership. Very little opportunity to grow unless you are part of a certain group.
Learning Curve
Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAOctober 8, 2018
I was here temporarily to assist with their Year end close. Assisted in their accounting department scrubbing taxes and data in time for the annual year end W2's.
Pros
Kind Staff
Cons
No room for growth
Productive and Fun Workplace
IBX III Data Center Tech (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2018
The Equinix people and culture are a critical part of Equinix's success and is a key factor as we move forward towards continued business growth and opportunity for the employees.
Pros
Equinix lives and breathes by its culture and values, which can be seen in any employee interactions as well as the overall success of the company.
Cons
Intense growth can mean intense work, but it keeps you on your toes!
Nice place to work
Order Support Group Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 4, 2018
Equinix was a great place to work and I made life long friends. Work place culture was very collaborative. I learned a lot working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
people
Cons
work/life balance
Great people to work with, fun and energetic.
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2018
Equinix came and bought us a year and a half ago and we are still trying to learn their processes and management style. Their structure as a company is good and gives employees flexibility.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
12 hour shifts
Equinix Review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 22, 2018
Equinix is a pleasure to work at, for the time I have been with them (7 months at present). They are considerate of personal life needs, when applicable.
Management was very helpful in getting me up and running and well prepared to meet the day to day expectations.
Difficult to advance career, management issues
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 4, 2018
There were a number of capable people there, however management was disorganized and not willing to utilize skills of employees and properly allocate resources. This led to some people not being able to advance their careers as they wanted (many left), and unnecessary hires (rather than discussing issues openly with the team and more effectively utilizing available resources.

Communication between teams was often poor and frustrating, it was clear that it was frustrating even for upper management. This is my subjective experience, and may not be representative of other locations or even teams. During my time there, the VP left very suddenly, as well as our team lead, a lead architect/manager, and many qualified employees. Many stayed due to visa issues.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Management not interested in supporting employee growth
Great place on the ground floor of the Internet
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJuly 9, 2018
From the time that I started at Equinix this was a great full time position. Over time there was allowances for advancement. Even allowing personal family time off.
Amazing
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
For this position I worked from home. It was hard working from home and not being hands on.
I was a Sales Support Associate so I managed all the quotes and orders for the Sales Reps.
The work culture was amazing, you can tell people really enjoyed working there. Everyone was always so helpful and never made you feel stupid.
We traveled a lot and that was pretty cool.
Definitely my favorite place to work
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Not being in an office, I like seeing people.
lack of genius
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 26, 2018
they hire a lot of contractors with fake resumes. And most of full time employee were converted from contractors, that means, from fake resumes. this company is lack of genius.
Pros
Cons
suck you to dry
At night i was my self. If any thing goes worng I was responsible to fix otherwise I have to lead Engineer
IBX Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 24, 2018
I use to work from 6:00pm to 6:00am in the morning. I worked for ten years.
We had chillers, generators, and cooling towers on the roof I have trouble shoot.
Repairing replacement of Cooling Tower VFD, sensors other electronic components.
Pros
we had fre snacks
Cons
Lunch was not paid beaks was paid.
Equinix Review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 21, 2018
I'm writing this review so that I may continue on with the application process for a position.
I am a contractor for Equinix for 4 months now, and it's been a reasonably good place to work.
Great Office Job
Summer Internship - Harbor Island, FL (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
I worked here during the summer or under contracts and it was the most beneficial job I have had. They taught me more about databases than in school. It was 8-5, M-F and very fast paced. You were learning something new everyday.
Nice people
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 31, 2018
• It had a nice balance for telecommuting and being in the office.
• People are friendly
• They are putting new systems in place that will help workflow
• Very little training on the job
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
The department is in influx.
They get their pound of flesh
Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood CityMay 29, 2018
Long days and little recognition. Promotion and advancement does not seem to be based on merit. Although they have a good community outreach program. Maybe you will have better luck
greats Culture
Sr. Associate EUT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 16, 2018
the company has a great culture, with a lot of room for growth. work can be a little stressful at the time. but overall, it's a fantastic place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinix. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Equinix.

Powered by Comparably