Equinix Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Order Support Group Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 4, 2018
Equinix was a great place to work and I made life long friends. Work place culture was very collaborative. I learned a lot working there. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
people
Cons
work/life balance
Great people to work with, fun and energetic.
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 28, 2018
Equinix came and bought us a year and a half ago and we are still trying to learn their processes and management style. Their structure as a company is good and gives employees flexibility.
Pros
Free lunches and dinners
Cons
12 hour shifts
Equinix Review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 22, 2018
Equinix is a pleasure to work at, for the time I have been with them (7 months at present). They are considerate of personal life needs, when applicable.
Management was very helpful in getting me up and running and well prepared to meet the day to day expectations.
Difficult to advance career, management issues
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 4, 2018
There were a number of capable people there, however management was disorganized and not willing to utilize skills of employees and properly allocate resources. This led to some people not being able to advance their careers as they wanted (many left), and unnecessary hires (rather than discussing issues openly with the team and more effectively utilizing available resources.

Communication between teams was often poor and frustrating, it was clear that it was frustrating even for upper management. This is my subjective experience, and may not be representative of other locations or even teams. During my time there, the VP left very suddenly, as well as our team lead, a lead architect/manager, and many qualified employees. Many stayed due to visa issues.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Management not interested in supporting employee growth
Great place on the ground floor of the Internet
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJuly 9, 2018
From the time that I started at Equinix this was a great full time position. Over time there was allowances for advancement. Even allowing personal family time off.
Amazing
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 26, 2018
For this position I worked from home. It was hard working from home and not being hands on.
I was a Sales Support Associate so I managed all the quotes and orders for the Sales Reps.
The work culture was amazing, you can tell people really enjoyed working there. Everyone was always so helpful and never made you feel stupid.
We traveled a lot and that was pretty cool.
Definitely my favorite place to work
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Not being in an office, I like seeing people.
lack of genius
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 26, 2018
they hire a lot of contractors with fake resumes. And most of full time employee were converted from contractors, that means, from fake resumes. this company is lack of genius.
Pros
Cons
suck you to dry
At night i was my self. If any thing goes worng I was responsible to fix otherwise I have to lead Engineer
IBX Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 24, 2018
I use to work from 6:00pm to 6:00am in the morning. I worked for ten years.
We had chillers, generators, and cooling towers on the roof I have trouble shoot.
Repairing replacement of Cooling Tower VFD, sensors other electronic components.
Pros
we had fre snacks
Cons
Lunch was not paid beaks was paid.
Equinix Review
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 21, 2018
I'm writing this review so that I may continue on with the application process for a position.
I am a contractor for Equinix for 4 months now, and it's been a reasonably good place to work.
Great Office Job
Summer Internship - Harbor Island, FL (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 14, 2018
I worked here during the summer or under contracts and it was the most beneficial job I have had. They taught me more about databases than in school. It was 8-5, M-F and very fast paced. You were learning something new everyday.
Nice people
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 31, 2018
• It had a nice balance for telecommuting and being in the office.
• People are friendly
• They are putting new systems in place that will help workflow
• Very little training on the job
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
The department is in influx.
They get their pound of flesh
Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood CityMay 29, 2018
Long days and little recognition. Promotion and advancement does not seem to be based on merit. Although they have a good community outreach program. Maybe you will have better luck
greats Culture
Sr. Associate EUT Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 16, 2018
the company has a great culture, with a lot of room for growth. work can be a little stressful at the time. but overall, it's a fantastic place to work.
Best Career Company
Senior IBX Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 12, 2018
The atmosphere here at Equinix surpasses any company I've ever worked at. When you come to work and see people that are motivated and enjoy there jobs, then the company must be doing something right.

The Benefits are a nice bonus as well. Annual bonuses, quarterly performance bonuses, good health care/dental care, plus ESPP.

Equinix also has a tuition reimbursement program to help with those individuals who want to further their career.

The work itself can be relaxed or difficult depending on the task, yet all training is provided to help you succeed. With highly qualified personnel, there is no excuse why you cannot learn something new everyday here!
Pros
Free snacks and drinks, excellent benefits, relaxed enviroment
Cons
The commute
Too much politics in the company.
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 7, 2018
Too much politics in the company.
Too much favoritism for own religion people.
Horrible work life balance
Managers are not trained to work in the US culture.
Good as a contractor
Senior Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 24, 2018
Good work/life balance, ambitious but not unreasonable goals, always felt appreciated on my team, plenty of opportunities to explore additional skill sets to further my career. Overall great place to work.
Fun place to work
Sr. Manager - Project and Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 23, 2018
Keeps everyone energized; global opportunity; excellent Data Center Management; Leader in its field; culture is inclusive; resuly=ts oriented company;
Good Company + fast moving company
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 1, 2018
- - not a lot of room to move up
- change my career - when back to school to improve my programming skills.

- nice office
- diversity employees / which is very rare in this silicon valley are.

- company grow very fast , stock market grow to the root
Pros
free coffee, free breakfast friday, and beverage on thursday happy hour
Cons
no cafeteria, have to go to Oracle to buy their lunch
Great Place to work
Assistant Facilities Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 25, 2018
Equinix was a Great Place to work, i enjoyed the people the fast pace and all the challenges that came with the job. I would entertain even going back someday.
First project in B2B
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMarch 21, 2018
worked a product manager on some of the key applications, which generated $10 million revenue. has been part of some challenging projects. learned a lot about B2B applications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinix. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about