Equinix

Equinix Employee Reviews

United States178 reviews

datacenterculturegrowingstockbalancegrowthoperation

Equinix employment

Great benefits. Very poor management training. Management is very self centered and only interested in their own advancement. no lower level advancement or training is promoted.

Avoid HR at all costs.

HR is comprised of people who used to work together at former organizations. It's a very clickish environment, and they will never listen to any employee suggestions. If you work in the HR department, be prepared to be belittled, spoken to in a condescending tone, and blocked at every move. The people in charge of HR are completely incompetent, and are threatened by people who have high skills and high intelligence. The company cares more about the yoga poses of the CEO than about the success of the company.

Pros

Health benefits were okay but nothing to write home about.

Cons

Culture, culture, culture.

Equinix insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

If you are not part of a clique, you are an outcast.

I thought the high school politics were over, but that's not the case with this company. Here it is all about who you know, and who you brown nose to. Do not waste too much of your time with this company, take the experience, and move on. Your opportunities for growth are very minimal. Unless someone above you quits, or retires, you are not going to move up. Narcissism is rampant here.

Pros

Free lunches on an irregular basis, and some great people to work with.

Cons

Some of the worst coworkers I have ever had the displeasure of working with.

Always keep busy and work at your own speed

My time at Equinix was great met a good group of guys that evolved into friendships. Always something to learn and always to do whether it was organizing stock or making power cables. Working on clean electrical panels was a plus. Wish I could’ve stayed.

Pros

Free lunches and great hours.

Cons

5th

You have to be in the click

You need to be related to the bosses in order to move up. Simple as that. I found out the hard way as I watched people who weren’t qualified to run a deep fryer be in charge of a data center.

Pros

Clean environment

Cons

No future

Good stock, toxic culture

Equinix is not a good place to be. The people here are extraordinarily rude, screaming and cursing on calls is common, organizations are constantly at odds, everyone is angry and burnt out. And not only is WFH gone, they are not even reporting when someone at the office tests positive! Avoid this company!

Equinox personal trainee

Education is wonderful and I enjoyed some of my clients but I would not work here had in. I funny like dkmekf my go-workers in the big picture after a year I was burned out

Growing tech company with great work environment

Great people and great work culture that all love the company. People are willing to invest in you if you are willing to take initiative in reaching out.

Great company BUT

Great company but management is a joke. So far detached from everyday operations that they only promote themselves and talk down on the other employees and make sure to keep them down and from advancing. It is management that's in denial and unless that changes every single culture will be ripped apart by management, they need a union to get things to change.

There is culture of complacency. No room for advancement.

No matter the amount if experience you have, the pay is low and the ceiling is even lower. The company makes great excuses for giving low pay raises no how you perform.

Poor rate of pay, no chance of promotion and very bad management

Poor rate of pay, no chance of promotion and very bad management, top heavy management system and they have no idea on what they are doing, technicians doing a lot of managers work with no reward, promotions not based on performance, based on if you are friends with managers/supervisors.

Work environment is terrible.

Not a place that supports you. It's a work environment that takes short cuts and lies to the customer on the SLA's. The company spends more time on their image than working with the customer.

Had a great experience

I got to work at Equinix during the summer as an intern. My experience was truly remarkable. They had a lot of speakers, activities and networking events just for interns in addition to the work within your department(s). If you’re interested in an internship here, please apply. You won’t regret it.

Good to wprk

Very good. However has corporation issues. Mgmt is a bt complacent on how to manage the sitation. It is imperative things are done in the right way because of this.

Ok

Where I worked, management is very very racism’s Equinix is not all that they’re allbest companies out there. Equinix doesn’t look out for his workers

Pros

Cons

Pay is okay

If you like boring, this the place for you.

If you need to get through online school, this is a great place to get boring work. Moving up is super competitive and there are few positions to get in and there is lots of competition. There are many lifers there and good luck if you are a female.

Pros

Company stock, tuition reiumbursement

Cons

Data center life is prison. Make sure you can handle it.

Good Environment

I joined here as an intern and there was good pay given by the company for intern. The company is currently working on policy and it is improving it. so definetly a good plac eto work.

Pros

Snack Pass

High stress with no support

HRS HR Shared Services department- Management doesn’t provide the needed support and only have time to discuss your mistakes. Down talk and demeaning when have those conversations

Pros

Great benefits and pay

Cons

Management sucks

Management ruins what could be a great thing

Compensation is great, people (who do the work) are awesome, but everyone has a slight air of staying quiet from getting burned by poor management and leadership. Managers leave individual contributors in the dark and make unilateral decisions in the name of getting themselves promoted.Top down and toxic is the best way to describe ALL of Equinix, the software engineering department and marketing department. The operational side (the data centers) is what drives the company, work in that department and avoid the rest.Overall, you should avoid this place if you're passionate about your craft, otherwise, you will end up frustrated.

Great potential

I love it, I believe in the company's future. There's always respect and professionalism with my peers. There's lots of experienced people that's always willing to help

Pros

Flexible schedule and great benefits

Cons

Fast paced and growing too fast

Bullying from senior management

Very toxic work environment with bullying from senior leadership. A lot of favoritism and manipulation. Be aware before joining, I ended up leaving for the sake of my health

Pros

Great comp

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinix. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight