Equinix logo
Equinix

Equinix Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Work-Life Balance

Found 15 reviews matching the search with 1 related reviews.See all 269 reviews

Equinix insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Equinix employment

Great benefits. Very poor management training. Management is very self centered and only interested in their own advancement. no lower level advancement or training is promoted.

Positive and committed work environment with great company culture.

As an intern, the staff was exceptional in helping me succeed and learn about the company. I was constantly given help, if needed, on assignments I was working on. They were very interested in my improvement on the job, as I was always allowed to sit in on quarterly sales meetings with the team. All the employees there were very dedicated to their efforts, and I think that starts with the great company culture they have.

Wages are not on par with competitors.

Overall Equinix is an ok place to work. The pay is not commiserate with the level of work that is expected for salary based employees. Equinix will readily promote from within because it ends up saving them thousands of dollars. I was promoted to salary doing the exact same job making about 20k less due to loss of overtime compensation. I was lead to believe that this difference would be made up through off cycle raises that never came to fruition. With the amount of Data Centers in the Ashburn area I would recommend going somewhere else that will pay you better for the same amount of work.

Equinix Review

Equinix is a pleasure to work at, for the time I have been with them (7 months at present). They are considerate of personal life needs, when applicable. Management was very helpful in getting me up and running and well prepared to meet the day to day expectations.

Equinix Review

I'm writing this review so that I may continue on with the application process for a position. I am a contractor for Equinix for 4 months now, and it's been a reasonably good place to work.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Best Career Company

The atmosphere here at Equinix surpasses any company I've ever worked at. When you come to work and see people that are motivated and enjoy there jobs, then the company must be doing something right. The Benefits are a nice bonus as well. Annual bonuses, quarterly performance bonuses, good health care/dental care, plus ESPP. Equinix also has a tuition reimbursement program to help with those individuals who want to further their career. The work itself can be relaxed or difficult depending on the task, yet all training is provided to help you succeed. With highly qualified personnel, there is no excuse why you cannot learn something new everyday here!

Pros

Free snacks and drinks, excellent benefits, relaxed enviroment

Cons

The commute

Great Place to Work and Learn

Great Place to Work and Learn. Learning about new trends in Data Center operations , and on going training was great. Always looking ahead in the business

Really fun place to work

Fun and friendly work environment. Growing and fast paced company. Lots of perks like free drinks and hot breakfast. Company is very focused on giving back to the community as well and sponsors several charity events a year as well as blood drives.

Equinix

Nice place to work, advancement limited in my department. Overall I like the company and people. I have learned alot from the management at Equinix, they are always willing to assist

Great Company

great company, great benefits, work load can be a lot at times over all the company is great nothing else to say coo workers are great

Cons

management have favorites and promotes within their friends, not by your skills.

Jobs at Equinix

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Overall a real good company to work for - great opportunities

Very challenging operations. Growing company with lots of opportunity for growth in the market place. Good operations model. Competitive compensation and benefits. Learning environment

Pros

good pay

Cons

Upward mobility

Productive, very fun place to work and growth

I've learned so much from Equinix. A typical day at Equinix was very busy. Never a dull moment. My Vice President of Real Estate, and management of different departments all appreciated my work ethics and communication. The hardest part of the job was leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy at all times.

Pros

Travel, 401k, stocks, etc

Cons

I had to leave

Rapidly growing company

Company is rapidly growing which has changed the overall culture. This has caused a great deal of stress throughout the employees. Once the company finds itself it will once again be a great place to work. To maintain the expected work/life balance is extremely difficult to achieve.

Enjoyed the work

Management was the only thing that made this job not enjoyable. At first it was good. It was enjoyable. It was fun. Then management made the productivity / enjoyment way out of balance. Was a big turn off.

Pros

salary

Cons

fairness

Global market leader in multi-tenant datacenters

Serves the secure, reliable datacenter requirements of demadnding customers.