Equinix
66Average

Equinix Employee Reviews

United States149 reviews
Featured review
Equinix selected this as a representative review
A nice environment to work, everyone works professional and as a team members. I really enjoy my few years working with a nice professsional team members.
Love this company but with multiple shuffles and re-orgs mixed in with people really never leaving, it can be difficult to advance.

Wish there were more remote options as many roles are still required to show up at the office just to be on the phone or conference calls when these activities can happen litterally anywhere in the world.
I got trained and hired to work for Equinix as a Global Service Desk. The training was good and mostly complete, the main issue is that our management left really early and left us with more questions that answers. This led to the eventual decline of my team as the managing team could not teach us in the pase that we should have supposed to learn the scheduling program. From an administrative point as I reviewed multiple branches, this did not happen in most of the locations. But unfortunately for me I got the management stance of :I'm busy look within the manual and figure out. For a company that gets a lot of money from a lot of companie; the fact that they can't get decent management hours to fully train their customer service attendees in case of emergencies that can cost 10 times the money invested on employees makes you wonder where are Equinix priorities. I learned a lot of the system within Equinix, by myself as I did not had a boss or manager to even ask them questions about.
Very focused on creating shareholder value while providing superior service to customers big and small all over the world.
Very clear on strategy and objectives of the business model
Pros
Sense of ownership, employee dedication, Exceptional Leadership
Cons
Slow to make decisions at times.
Great place to work there until there was talk of possible layoffs and than had management changes which for some reason ended up having problems with different cultures working together. Got a bit crazy towards the end of my stay there.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
If you are on the wrong team your life could be miserable. There is a work culture which does not appreciate employees, and vindictive management. They don’t kno how to get out of their own way
Pros
Cons
Benefits are lousy, management is confused and ineffective, compensation is lacking, and unequal opportunities for people from different backgrounds
Things move fast, they take on a lot, stuff falls apart and you have to fix it and put it back together. Damage control is the main job. If we would slow down we could avoid a lot of the mistakes, but that's not going to happen.
Equinix's strength lies in the organization that runs their data and colocation centers ("Operations"). That organization is great. The rest of the organizations are so-so.

Equinix is an REIT and grows by acquiring smaller data centers in targeted regions. This has led to a company that has grown very fast but still has the "fly-by-night" of a company one-fourth its size. The organizations other than Operations still function like it is a sub-1000 person company. Procedures are spotty. Platforms are ancient. Lots of stuff falls through the cracks.

The best example I can give is that if you create an internal help ticket, it pretty much goes into the void unless you know the exact one person who can help. There is only one person in the company doing that with no redundancy or process surrounding it. At one point, I was correcting code in Production(!)

The compensation is not competitive and managers get around this by vastly inflating titles. You will run into "Senior Manager<comma>" or even "Director<comma>" and it's an individual contributor with only medium experience. Finally, you only get 15 days of combined illness/vacation which is not a lot.
I had the opportunity to work on projects all across the country. The hardest part of the job was that the organization kept restructuring and coordinating among different engineering groups was a challenge.
This is a good place to work, the pay was good. They feed us lunch once a week and on busy days during the week. I would recommend Equinix, the pay was good, benefits were great and they let you buy stock in the company!
Experiencia muy mala malos managers fue una pesadilla trabajar ahi
Equinix has afforded me the opportunity to learn/operate/maintain/troubleshoot all different facets of technology and infrastructure with resourceful co-workers and management.
On paper, it’s a great company.
However,

The company is very top heavy.

A lot of ‘sales engineers,’ managers, and other obnoxious ‘paper pushers,’ but always lacking technicians, are the black sheep of the company.

They expect you to do the work of techs higher but for lower pay.

Technicians generally do not have each other’s back.
Pros
Good pay (if you’re lucky), Good health care. Free food on the day shift.
Cons
No real chance of promotion, Actions and words do not match, ‘Company values, ’ do not makes its way to technicians, Poor PTO accumulation. Heavily understaffed, No work/life balance, Low moral
Hard to get a promotion other then that it's a okay place to work.

Most of the co-worker are good people and can be very helpful when help is needed.
Worked there during a major corporate overhaul. Lots of turmoil and leadership change. Drastic strategy changes meant reorgs and layoffs. Not an IT company, mainly a sales org. Software is terrible and change is slow to implement.
A fast pace, never happy, and stressful. You will not last more than a year without losing stressing out. They do not respect the technician but they love engineers.
Love the company and its culture. People are very nice and easy to work with, always willing to help. Management is also great! Most days work doesn't feel like work. =)
Great place to work. Exciting sector to be in with the immense growth in data centers. Work life balance is great and people are really nice. Recommend it highly.
During my years at Equinix I have the chance to see this company grew from few employees to a very successful public traded enterprise. The transition was not easy but something that Equinix was able to stick to it was the startup sprit. Great place to work and grow professionally and personally.
Pros
Great ESPP and 401k programs
Cons
Culture is cancerous and management doesn't see to value their employees. Their is no work life balance, which is what they sell you on. They force you to work a 12hr schedule and make you come in on days off. This is not a great place to work, which is why I am no longer there.
The company is great, but needs a lot of improvement in various areas.

Better hands on training is definitely needed in all departments. Flexible hours. Great benefits and opportunity for being a remote employee.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinix. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Equinix.