Equinor

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Great benefits in a flat structured company

Great Benefits including vacation, paternity/maternity leave, 401K match, pension, LTI, ESPP, etc.Good/Great Managers are the minority in this company

Just okay

Compared to the rest of the industry, Equinor is just okay. The benefits that used to be there in 2012 have dwindled down to below industry standards. The constant reductions and misdirection of leadership continues. However, if you want an OK job with an average level of stress this is the place for you.

Pros

Retirement

Cons

Leadership

Good Company but uncertain U.S. future.

This is a good company to work for. The work/life balance is good and the facility in Houston is first rate. There has been four reorganizations in the last 15 months and the company has drastically reduced its' employee base and footprint in the U.S. Norway is sending signals that this reduction will continue so I knocked the overall rating down because of this uncertainty.

Pros

9/80 work schedule, Good PTO with past experience taken into account. Compensation comparable to other energy companies

Cons

Uncertain future in the U.S.

Great Job if you are Management

Within my first 90 days of employment I was told that I would never move up in the organization. That my position was as far as anyone could go in the Planning / Scheduling role. This is nearly unheard of in the oil and gas industry. They preach inclusiveness for diversity, however they practice the “good ole boy” system. Benefits were phenomenal, and the pay is beyond belief. However, they do not keep their promises when it comes to bonuses and LTI’s. I strongly suggest checking your employment agreements THREE times before signing, and definitely check any and all non-compete agreements. They are quick to sell assets, and have no loyalty to personnel!!

Pros

Pay and Benefits

Cons

No employee loyalty, Do not keep employment promises

Good company to work

The company culture is very good and the people are very friendly. The work and life balance is reasonable and the benefits are very good. Because of the company structure in the exploration of US GOM, the collaboration between the departments is week in the past.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Not much

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Excessive turn over.

The excessive turn over shows this company is poorly managed or the employees really don’t like the work/managers. People left voluntarily as a way out or gave up to get the severance package. Lots of good senior people left just to get out.

Pros

Free snacks and coffee in the break rooms.

Cons

No fun and uptight. Job insecurity!

Good place to work for experienced people

I was working earlier in Statoil. Great company where those who want to perform and work more are able to do so. I was located in Oslo in a very impressive building. You bring more your knowledge than you learn so I would recommend to get experience before enrolling with them

Great company to work for

This company was great. The benefits are excellent, 401K is average compared to peer companies, stock option and company paid retirement are great. Too bad they got out of the eagle ford.

Pros

Benefits/retirement/stock purchase

Great Company but bad senior Management

Great Company but bad senior management . Every year management let go people. There is no Job security. Benefits are great and Salary is decent. 9/80 is another great benefit

Pros

Great benefits, 50% off lunch, 9/80

Cons

Layoffs

Enjoyed my time with the company

Being in the field, our management kept us out of all the politics that come with big companies. It was a great experience, just too bad the property got sold.The Completions team in Austin was top notch, amazing folks to work for.

Pros

Great group to work with

Cons

Hot, hot, hot during the summer

Equinor is the worst company to work for

The managers at Equinor in the Marcellus and Utica shale plays are only concerned with stepping over power employees to make themselves look good for Houston and Norway. They will roll you under the bus in a heart beat to save themselves.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Totally unorganized and get contractors killed

Great Place to work

Equinor is a Great Place to work. Amazing company for good work life balance. Inclusive leaders with possible international career growth. The company is growing in green energy which is great.

Good company

I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot of new process. Implemented some new steps for other employees to use on their jobs. Would recommend this company

Equinor

Over the past 3 years I have seen a major decline in Equinor's performance in management with business and personnel. They do not give credit where credit is due. The turn over rate in upper management is above normal which gives operations an unsteady track.

Paid Accordingly, Horrible Finance Management

Going into the company, expect to get paid according industry standards. This isn’t the case going forward so negotiate well on going in. The company has great hope for US assets, but Norwegian values aren’t necessarily apparent in US. The revenue team is not very knowledgeable of their functions. This is mostly likely due to how manager/leaders move throughout the company. It’s almost as if they are only thinking about their next move instead of understanding their department. Revenue isn’t a good place if you want something long term.

Great people to work with.

Equinor was a great place to work. The management team was easy to work with and communicated well with field personnel. I was encouraged to make recommendations for improvement or problem solving to management.

Work life balance was put as top priority

Great company - great benefits, work life balance was a top priority. Traveling opportunities all around the world. Norwegian culture was a heavy influence that was most welcomed.

Equinor holds everyone accountable

Equinor have been a great company to work for. They are very supportive with all HSE employees. Equinor puts people first. Equinor lives safety each & every day.

Regulatory Dept

Regulatory Leader is a terrible leader. There's constant turnover due to her. Good people quit because of her treatment and others are let go even though they are doing an awesome job. Leader is a nut case and should not be a leader.

Not enough employees in the Owner Relations departmemt to handle the work.

Did not feel upper management cared what was going on in Owner Relations department. The was not enough people to handle the work load and no one cared, not even the supervisor.

Management is unprofessional

She (Supervisor K)is a bully and shows favoritism towards male coworkers . She is unstable and continually changes her emotions from one moment to the next Unprofessional behavior. Only takes male coworkers out to lunch. Reprimanded for IT department problem even though we are not assigned to IT department, and I was at lunch at the time I was being reprimanded by her. I left this job because I couldn’t stand the hostile work environment of the supervisor . If she was gone I wouldn’t have left.

Pros

All other Equinor employees professional. Free food .

Cons

No insurance .

Common questions about Equinor

Answered by current and former employees at Equinor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
1.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • Equinor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?