Equinor

Equinor Employee Reviews

United States94 reviews
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot of new process. Implemented some new steps for other employees to use on their jobs. Would recommend this company
The managers at Equinor in the Marcellus and Utica shale plays are only concerned with stepping over power employees to make themselves look good for Houston and Norway. They will roll you under the bus in a heart beat to save themselves.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Totally unorganized and get contractors killed
Equinor is a Great Place to work. Amazing company for good work life balance. Inclusive leaders with possible international career growth. The company is growing in green energy which is great.
Over the past 3 years I have seen a major decline in Equinor's performance in management with business and personnel. They do not give credit where credit is due. The turn over rate in upper management is above normal which gives operations an unsteady track.
Going into the company, expect to get paid according industry standards. This isn’t the case going forward so negotiate well on going in. The company has great hope for US assets, but Norwegian values aren’t necessarily apparent in US.

The revenue team is not very knowledgeable of their functions. This is mostly likely due to how manager/leaders move throughout the company. It’s almost as if they are only thinking about their next move instead of understanding their department. Revenue isn’t a good place if you want something long term.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Equinor was a great place to work. The management team was easy to work with and communicated well with field personnel. I was encouraged to make recommendations for improvement or problem solving to management.
Great company - great benefits, work life balance was a top priority. Traveling opportunities all around the world. Norwegian culture was a heavy influence that was most welcomed.
Equinor have been a great company to work for. They are very supportive with all HSE employees. Equinor puts people first. Equinor lives safety each & every day.
Regulatory Leader is a terrible leader. There's constant turnover due to her. Good people quit because of her treatment and others are let go even though they are doing an awesome job. Leader is a nut case and should not be a leader.
Did not feel upper management cared what was going on in Owner Relations department. The was not enough people to handle the work load and no one cared, not even the supervisor.
She (Supervisor K)is a bully and shows favoritism towards male coworkers .
She is unstable and continually changes her emotions from one moment to the next Unprofessional behavior. Only takes male coworkers out to lunch. Reprimanded for IT department problem even though we are not assigned to IT department, and I was at lunch at the time I was being reprimanded by her.

I left this job because I couldn’t stand the hostile work environment of the supervisor .

If she was gone I wouldn’t have left.
Pros
All other Equinor employees professional. Free food .
Cons
No insurance .
Confusing and forced work place. General employees were never part of decision making. It is a Norwegian Company doing business in the World but it doesnt take in the local cultures and provides special attention to and special benefits to expats from Norway.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management and lack of direction
I joined Equinor in 2018 and have really enjoyed my work. There are some great people within this organization and leadership really cares about personal growth and success. There are, of course, always going to be a few bad apples in every organization, but overall the people have been great to work with. I see the company values echoed in leadership's management style with examples such as providing town halls to communicate company changes, prioritizing training for personal development, fostering a continuous feedback culture, and encouragement of internal movement.

There are a lot of wonderful benefits for employees, especially in the US. Generous vacation/sick leave, health benefits are better than any other organization I have ever been at, 401K available, and lots of other perks that vary by location. I especially love having a 9/80 schedule and their Houston office is a great campus to be located at with lots of amenities on site (multiple cafeterias, dry cleaning, gym, etc.).

Since Equinor is based out of Norway, we obviously have to take our direction from their leadership team and objectives. This can be difficult at times, but, if you have a global mindset, it is a great opportunity to learn a different way of thinking and experience a work culture that is very different from American led organizations. I especially have enjoyed how global our office is with lots of diversity which leads to new ways of thinking.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Equinor as a great place to work!
Pros
9/80 schedule for Texas locations, high focus on work/life balance, culture promotes development and internal movement
Cons
Strong Norwegian influence can be difficult for some people to acclimate to
Company is all about work life balance. A great company if you’re new to the industry and you are trying to get in. Starting pay is low for the Bakken and top position pay is equal to entry pay at other companies. Benefits are okay, most corporations offer better health insurance and 401k options. There’s also not an hr in the bakken. Seems odd that a company of its self proclaimed stature doesn’t provide an hr for employee representation.
Pros
Very relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Pay and career development
Excellant employee adv opportunities. Lots of benetits, for example health care, life insurance, 401 matching plan. Travel is sometimes long and dangerous.
Pros
Advance opportunities..........
Cons
Long hours, lots of travel, sometimes management has stron conflicts..........................................
Leaders are protected and transferred to lead departments despite having no competence or understanding of those functions. HR managers at all levels are liars and bullies who exhibit absolutely zero integrity and function only to protect their own interest without any regard for the company’s interests. They terminate long-term employees and new employees at will if they are threatened by their competence, and they protect their low performing team members at all costs to protect their own positions without challenge. This is all done in the name of Norwegian “culture”. If you are a high performer with high morals and character who wants to be valued for contributing to the good of a company, this is not the place for you. They will tempt you with great benefits, but only those without a conscious will survive in this toxic incompetent culture.
Statoil is a Norwegian company. They support work/life balance and they also have great benefits. Most managers had an open door policies. They promote personal development.
Pros
50% discount on lunches
Cons
Na
I had such an amazing internship while at Statoil. I was impressed with the culture; everyone was very willing to help and assist my learning process. Highly recommend.
Pros
Excellent Pay; Ability to Travel
Cons
Small Fish in a Large Pond
Great lifestyle great overall
Great people great

Don't know what else to say but it was great overall

I like to keep things like this simple since it will be different for everyone
I worked 8~9 hours per day with flexible mind.
They have good system to work with reasonable environment.

The most important thing is good collaboration with each part

to successful project.

It makes me pride of myself with enjoyable.
Was hired on a contract basis then was never given anything to do. Had to find my own work to stay busy. Very clicky and unfriendly - other admins were very rude and not helpful.
Pros
No Communication Unfriendly Atmosphere
Cons
Beautiful offices, great location, easy work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinor. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.6
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight