Equinor

Equinor Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Houston, TX58 reviews
Equinor is a Great Place to work. Amazing company for good work life balance. Inclusive leaders with possible international career growth. The company is growing in green energy which is great.
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot of new process. Implemented some new steps for other employees to use on their jobs. Would recommend this company
Going into the company, expect to get paid according industry standards. This isn’t the case going forward so negotiate well on going in. The company has great hope for US assets, but Norwegian values aren’t necessarily apparent in US.

The revenue team is not very knowledgeable of their functions. This is mostly likely due to how manager/leaders move throughout the company. It’s almost as if they are only thinking about their next move instead of understanding their department. Revenue isn’t a good place if you want something long term.
Great company - great benefits, work life balance was a top priority. Traveling opportunities all around the world. Norwegian culture was a heavy influence that was most welcomed.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Did not feel upper management cared what was going on in Owner Relations department. The was not enough people to handle the work load and no one cared, not even the supervisor.
Confusing and forced work place. General employees were never part of decision making. It is a Norwegian Company doing business in the World but it doesnt take in the local cultures and provides special attention to and special benefits to expats from Norway.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Management and lack of direction
I joined Equinor in 2018 and have really enjoyed my work. There are some great people within this organization and leadership really cares about personal growth and success. There are, of course, always going to be a few bad apples in every organization, but overall the people have been great to work with. I see the company values echoed in leadership's management style with examples such as providing town halls to communicate company changes, prioritizing training for personal development, fostering a continuous feedback culture, and encouragement of internal movement.

There are a lot of wonderful benefits for employees, especially in the US. Generous vacation/sick leave, health benefits are better than any other organization I have ever been at, 401K available, and lots of other perks that vary by location. I especially love having a 9/80 schedule and their Houston office is a great campus to be located at with lots of amenities on site (multiple cafeterias, dry cleaning, gym, etc.).

Since Equinor is based out of Norway, we obviously have to take our direction from their leadership team and objectives. This can be difficult at times, but, if you have a global mindset, it is a great opportunity to learn a different way of thinking and experience a work culture that is very different from American led organizations. I especially have enjoyed how global our office is with lots of diversity which leads to new ways of thinking.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Equinor as a great place to work!
Pros
9/80 schedule for Texas locations, high focus on work/life balance, culture promotes development and internal movement
Cons
Strong Norwegian influence can be difficult for some people to acclimate to
Leaders are protected and transferred to lead departments despite having no competence or understanding of those functions. HR managers at all levels are liars and bullies who exhibit absolutely zero integrity and function only to protect their own interest without any regard for the company’s interests. They terminate long-term employees and new employees at will if they are threatened by their competence, and they protect their low performing team members at all costs to protect their own positions without challenge. This is all done in the name of Norwegian “culture”. If you are a high performer with high morals and character who wants to be valued for contributing to the good of a company, this is not the place for you. They will tempt you with great benefits, but only those without a conscious will survive in this toxic incompetent culture.
Statoil is a Norwegian company. They support work/life balance and they also have great benefits. Most managers had an open door policies. They promote personal development.
Pros
50% discount on lunches
Cons
Na
I had such an amazing internship while at Statoil. I was impressed with the culture; everyone was very willing to help and assist my learning process. Highly recommend.
Pros
Excellent Pay; Ability to Travel
Cons
Small Fish in a Large Pond
Great lifestyle great overall
Great people great

Don't know what else to say but it was great overall

I like to keep things like this simple since it will be different for everyone
Was hired on a contract basis then was never given anything to do. Had to find my own work to stay busy. Very clicky and unfriendly - other admins were very rude and not helpful.
Pros
No Communication Unfriendly Atmosphere
Cons
Beautiful offices, great location, easy work
Managers manage up and have limited real business experience. No long-term commitment to staff. Skill disregarded; politics is all. Have no business trying to operate onshore US, should keep to offshore Norway.
Pros
Discounted meals, pay
Cons
Work load distribution; accountability; crummy management
I enjoyed my time at Statoil. This is a collaborative environment and and the people are results-driven. Technical training and exposure is established.
Engineering operational support to the Drilling team, in the drilling program over 8 yr period; with two 6th generation vessels.
Company very safety and cost concious.
Pros
Open management
Work life balance is good and compensation is fair. Benefits are outstanding. Management refuse to address toxic culture and low productivity is the norm.
Pros
benefits, salary, work life balance
Cons
toxic culture, managers are unavailable or checked out, low productivity
I enjoyed my time at Statoil. The workplace was collaborative and every day was something new. Working on contract, I saw people stay longer than their original contract stated. It's a great place.
I enjoyed my time at the company and gained valuable experience working there. I learned new skills on the job and developed positive working relationships with my colleagues.
Statoil move their offices to Austin and for personal reason I could not move to Austin. I have to travel very frequent. very life work balance under this situation.
Not a strong place to work or grow. Leadership made bad decisions about what to invest in and employees are paying the price. Was losing over $1 billion per year in 2015. Only worse since then.
Pros
Surrounded by depressing Norwegian artwork
Cons
Surrounded by depressing Norwegian artwork
The company is very flat in hierachy which is good as decisions can be made faster compared to other peers. The company was also quicker to react through signifcant structural cost changes during the recent oil downturn.