Equinor

Equinor Employee Reviews in Williston, ND

Williston, ND5 reviews
Equinor have been a great company to work for. They are very supportive with all HSE employees. Equinor puts people first. Equinor lives safety each & every day.
Company is all about work life balance. A great company if you’re new to the industry and you are trying to get in. Starting pay is low for the Bakken and top position pay is equal to entry pay at other companies. Benefits are okay, most corporations offer better health insurance and 401k options. There’s also not an hr in the bakken. Seems odd that a company of its self proclaimed stature doesn’t provide an hr for employee representation.
Pros
Very relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Lack of Pay and career development
Typical day at work: Safety inspections of midstream (pipeline) work crews for safety performance.

What you learned: How best to utilize my time.

Management: Pro-active and safety oriented.

Workplace Culture: Safety first. Teamwork heavily emphasized.

Hardest part of job: Traveling to remote locations not easily identified.

Most enjoyable part of job: Sharing with safety colleagues.
Pros
Teamwork emphasized.
Cons
None.
Winters are Cold Summers are Hot, but the wildlife and people are incredible. Really great bunch of individuals to work for. Great leadership! The working contractors in the Bakken need to face the facts and those facts are written in blood. TOO MANY Workplace Fatalities!! Safety First Fellas! Good or Bad cost efficient or not. If it's not right....DON'T DO IT!
Pros
Awesome Management
Cons
Hardheaded Contractors
In a typical day, I would schedule work for consultants and up to 20 crews from 5 different companies using SAP, and CITRIX. I would also cost track and manage all work. I would be in constant contact with crew foreman's to awnser any questions, and or approve more work on a well location. I would also take at least half the day if possible to visit the jobs that I handed out to help coach and develop.