Equinor

Equinor Employee Reviews for Consultant

Consultant4 reviews
United States4 reviews
While the benefits are nice, there does not appear to be much room for advancement. Engineers do get the chance to rotate between operations, production, and reservoir, thereby getting a well-rounded work experience--great for the career. There are some good, talented people working in operations yet they are overworked.

Offices are split between Houston and Austin. The Houston office is an awful cube farm (includes managers) and bookshelves are forbidden. Though the Austin office is crowded, it is a much more friendly and lively culture. I always enjoyed working at the Austin office.

IT service is arguably the worst; there are too few of them so workers frequently struggle with computer issues and an offshore response system. The company boasts being IT-savvy but unfortunately it is far behind many others I've worked at.
High productivity, coordinating safety, logistics, high pressure, high temperature formations with environmental containment due to oil base drilling fluids disposal. Crews were experienced and excellent to work with. A very good place to work.
Company has good benefit that is comparable to the industry. I had good working relation with the team and enjoyed completing challenging projects.
Pros
9/80, half price lunches, good health benefits
Cons
You could go far and have job security if you like to play politics.
A few of the first things I noticed when I started at Statoil was how nice and cooperative everyone was with each other. It really is a healthy team environment. Plus, I learned a lot from different areas by working cross-sectionally with different groups, including contracts, supply chain, engineers, etc.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.