Equinox Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great foundation
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
great start to anyone's fitness career if they are willing to exceed and put in the work. Enjoying my time within the company. The number one thing about this company is the education provdied.
Very fun and Friendly
Equinox Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2018
Interacting with members and other employees made the job more fun, relaxing, and positive. Every encounter is always pleasant and with a good attitude.
Its a Grind
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 9, 2018
This is a pretty commission heavy sales job from the trainer perspective. PT is pretty expensive there and the majority can't afford it. The people are great though and the holiday parties are fantastic(from what I Remember)
Pros
Great facilities, Corporate discounts
Cons
hard to get client base going
Great workplace
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Equinox is a great workplace. The provide continues education for the trainers so they can provide the best service to their clients, and all of the employees support each other in reaching their goals.
Great places to work unfortunately the managers at my store wasn't up to their posición
supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2018
Great places to work you can meet a lot of good and behave coo-workers you can take yoga,Zumba,Cycling and more for free even have a trainer who can help you to train your body
Pros
Free access to the store facility's
Cons
They can be very tricky and not a reliable job
Not enough money for the amount of work
Personal Trainer, FMS Level (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
Starting out you think this is equinox it will be great. Thats not the case. Its a tough environment that is very hard to advance in. You will start out getting support from management but after 2 months thats the end of that and need to find your way with getting clients. Working 14 hour days where majority of the days you aren't making much money until your a very senior trainer. Managment is usally ran very poorly except for a few clubs.
Pros
learning, growing in knowledge
Cons
poor managment and no money
Not a great place for an emotional person or the faint of heart
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 29, 2018
This job is designed to sort out "weak" trainers for their brand. Meaning: if you don't fit in their brand then you may not last a year. The job is pretty cut throat, so friendships wont last. Clients are difficult to gain due to them knowing what your overall job is, which is to sell yourself. You only make about 20% of what you sell, management favors the older trainers and really doesn't help with the ramping process at all. This job is mostly for people who are the lone wolf type person, which i was not.
Pros
Paid for Education and discounted Certs
Cons
No growth, don't make a lot of money, and isn't a job for people looking for a friendly environment
great environment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 24, 2018
Equinox is a great place to work, especially for anyone with interest in the fitness industry. Everyone from the members to co-workers were pleasant and presented good vibes. The environment is one that promotes convenience, luxury and comfort
Productive, great atmosphere
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 20, 2018
This a wonderful place to work. Management is wonderful great atmosphere,a great learning environment, it was a pleasure working for a wonderful property.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Great health care
Enjoyed the energy and great staff
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJuly 20, 2018
I loved everyone I worked with. Incredible staff. The training was exceptional. The energy and cleanliness of the gym is the best I have ever experienced.
Great job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 20, 2018
Great job opportunity to grow and learn and meet new people hard work but also no hard work, Free membership ,fitness classes, yoga spa massage therapy. Etc...
Productive and fun workplace.
Membership Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2018
I have had two positions while working for Equinox, customer service at the front desk and sales as a membership advisor. I have learned how to work with different personalty types and improve my interpersonal skills. I have also learned more about how to take care of myself and my body. I enjoy working here very much because the culture of the company is inviting, elite, and competitive. There is a lot of room to grow within the company.
Intense with little compensation
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
I worked very hard at being a sales representative and this being a very young company there was little help for us. The company treats it's clients like gold and its employees like stepping stones. It is a shame. I loved my clients and loved the level of service we provided. I just wish I was paid for my passion and dedication.
Pushes you to be better.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 6, 2018
High performance company that pushes you to be better than yesterday. If you are looking for a fast paced, edge of your seat kind of company, then this is the place for you.
Fun place and friendly environment amongst staff.
Outreach Program for Member Advisors (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
The moment I walked in I felt comfortable and welcomed . I'm a people person so greeting clientele and future members was right up my alley . I would tell them about the gym and all the perks that came with it . Being it was in NYC a lot of members wanted all access to our facilities which meant more money for a monthly membership , which made my boss very happy . If a client has all the information the easier it is for them decide quicker . Always good to stay engaged with them .
Fun workplace with a great friendly staff
Tier 3 Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 4, 2018
Work on a typical day is quite enjoyable. Early hours can be difficult but culture is welcoming yet competitive. Most enjoyable part of job is helping others achieve their health and overall fitness goals. Management changes frequently but are professional and on top of their business.
Equinox
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2018
Equinox the place where you commit to anything, not something anything! The clients here at the spa are amazing! They take all pf your feedback and apply it to their daily lives.
Get ready to grind
Tier 3 Trainer, Equinox @Various Clubs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 28, 2018
Although you are an "employee" essentially you're your own business there. You just have an amazing gym environment to train in. Pay is good, but you have to work many hours to earn a good living so work life balance is an ideal but not reality.
westwood
Head Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAJune 27, 2018
My typical day at work was workout, socialize give 2 facials wax some eyebrows....ects, ects, ects. I learned business sales. it was a fun workplace culture.
equinox is a terrible place to work at
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10011June 27, 2018
if you're applying for a maintenance or housekeeping position, i recommend you stay away from this place. all the staff are rude and look down upon the maintenance crew. all the managers play a part in making the work environment inhospitable and toxic. if you're a hard worker, they'll work you to the ground while not calling out the ones who are lazy and don't work at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equinox. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight