Equipment Depot LTD Employee Reviews

Only cares about profit
Accountant (Former Employee) –  TXApril 16, 2019
Worked in EQD and felt like the upper management only cares about profit .compensation is not competitive at all compare with the market, indeed, they expected getting a lot from the employees , Advise: you pay what you get. If you want life balance I do not think this is the place for you esp for finance team
Pros
They will give you a nice title
Cons
low salary, no life balance, bad culture when the management only focus on profit
management falls short of promises and very political with favoritism abundant
Employee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2019
Great place to work with good benefits and good work hours, but management falls short of promises and very political with favoritism abundant, job security was supposed to be there but in accordance to customer needs and business they will let you go and make up something to pin on you and if challenged at HR you will be advised Texas is an "At Will" state and a company can let you go for whatever reason they please.
Pros
good benefits and good work hours
Cons
Favoritism shown, management is political, job security isn't what they said it would be
a place to get a small pay check
field service tech (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 5, 2019
not a place i would recommend not even to my worse enemy upper mangement sucks only thinking bout there nukbers and not looking bad not concerned with employees
Pros
company van to drive
Cons
the pay upper mangement
Hourly Employee Don't Matter
Support (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 28, 2019
EQD wants its employees to support the Company but they will not support their employees. No room for advancement. Hourly employees are over worked and under appreciated. Management is goal driven and not in touch with the workforce. No Bonus and many false positives. This company does not hire many minorities. No Minority in Management Positions Nationwide. Benefit are decent and they will offer flexible scheduling for appointments. In order to get where they want to be, they have to start treating their Hourly employees better. Only Management is deemed important. Everyone else is not valued. Just do as I say, and not as I do. It's seriously just a paying job. Nothing more, nothing less.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
False Positives
Worst place to work
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 5, 2019
The managers are rude and belittle employees. Management does not know what they are doing and blame the employees for the lack of knowledge. You are restricted from speaking to coworkers and insulted daily. Managers hire friends and past employees and brag about it and show favoritism to these new hires. You are micro managed to the point of being told how wide and tall a plant can grow without you having to remove or how many pieces of paper can be on your desk. Worst place in Waco to work.
Pros
Cons
Managers, constant assault of employees, poor pay, dictatorship
good place to work at only if you fit in.
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78247January 18, 2019
Is provide orders to pm tech's do truck invemtory's stock replenishment on truck's help customer's .stock part's make hydraulic hoses 'Its a simple job
benefits
Cons
management
Worse place I have ever worked
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 17, 2019
Loved my job, but co workers were the worse. Never seen a bunch of women that loved to belittle a person. Don't know if they have a hard home life but the most at this company were so rude and did not care how they made a person esp the ones which were in lead positions, power would go to their heads. Had to get out of that!
Too much justification
Sales Finance (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 10, 2018
You should never justify the reason why you, the company, are wrong. As long as they can give a reason why something is wrong they are not going to fix it. Too many working group "clicks". The majority rules even if they are wrong.
Pros
Nice kitchen/breakroom; can make up time if you are late/appt
Cons
raises are few an far between; not enough training; no way to get ahead
hostile
Service (Former Employee) –  PADecember 6, 2018
Management more worried about bottom line. Allows more to happen then should. A lot of unnecessary comments and no disapline to the ones that are in need.
This Company has lost touch with its Employees .
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 16, 2018
It started out as a family owned and operated business , but was bought out by a Major Company . As most businesses have major changes when new Management takes over , employees expect duties to change but the main focus became extremely profit driven and employees were soon feeling like appreciation and compensation were of little importance .
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Not enough consistent training . Upper Management is out of touch with hourly employees .
Good teammates, management could do better.
Heavy Equipment Truck Driver, Equipment Depot (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 14, 2018
Responsible for safely driving BlueLinx tractor trailer trucks to efficiently and accurate deliver products to customers. Responsible for safely operating all equipment related to driving, loading, unloading, and maintenance.
Good Place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioSeptember 11, 2018
I was able to gain alot of management knowledge while working with some of the senior managers at Equipment Depot. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with some of my fellow employees.
Good Ol Boys
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  LebanonAugust 28, 2018
If your not in the click, you may get kicked. After you leave, management and sales people will bad mouth you to prevent you from getting another job. Learned the hard way not to put them on your resume.

Was hired primarily to work on electric forklifts and was put on gas trucks.
I was even sent to training for electric reach trucks and never used it.

Slow paced, boring job. Asked for more work and management says the other techs will get mad if they take work from them to give to you even if the scheduled work is 60 days past due.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
I Like Working For EQ Depot
Service & Rental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
I like working for EQ Depot. Most companies have their issues and this place is not the exception. The CEO is a wonderful man who truly cares.
I am ready for a growth opportunity and I don't believe that opportunity is here.
Accounts Payable Department
Full-Time, Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 24, 2018
If you enjoy doing only ONE duty of your accounts payable job and never have open door policies with your manager or weekly staff meetings with your supervisor/team leader and you LOVE being micro-managed then THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU! If you like being talked down to and gossiped about without anyone to go to and complain about because the AP manager is besties with all the supervisors than please don't hesitate to apply here! If you like working with all woman and half of them are related to eachother and have formed a clique that you will never fit into. YOU WILL LOVE this place!

Guaranteed - You are sure to gain weight, become insecure and depressed and your best time of the day will be leaving this place.
Pros
Nice office chair and work area.
Cons
almost everything
It's work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 26, 2018
I liked working at Equipment Depot enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Pay was low as most are but for the most part I learned a lot and continue to use those skills now in my current position.
They want mind dead workers
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 2, 2018
They one thing and deliver nothing.do as i say not what i do.
Management sucks and no backbone to upper management from texas that has no i idea how to run a business or support customers.
Equipment depot has to much money from overseas owner and every week is another college idiot that they make managers without work experience
I recommend not to work there and run your back will feel better without all the knives in it
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Not enough space
Below says it all.
Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2018
Used to be a good place to work.Management has turned it's back on loyal employees.Customers now must take a backseat to owners greed.Working here is no longer fun.
Pros
There are none.
Poor management culture
Professional position (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 15, 2018
A small company that was acquired by a larger corporation. The legacy management is still in place and they are very unprofessional. A lot of racist jokes were made, and ultimately made me feel very uncomfortable, and I am a Caucasian man. Corporate is in Houston Texas and is not very involved.
Official response from Equipment Depot LTD
July 25, 2018

We thank you for your feedback. At Equipment Depot, we take all complaints very seriously and provide harassment/discrimination prevention training to all of our employees and managers. We encourage all of our employees to contact Human Resources or our corporate office at any time with concerns. These concerns are investigated and handled promptly. Please contact EQDhr@eqdepot.com if you would like to provide further details on your concerns.

good start
Mobile Service tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for equipment depot in sa. met a lot of life time friends and family. overall besides horrible pay it was the best place i ever worked.
Pros
many
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equipment Depot LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight