Equitas Health Employee Reviews

Mediocre Place To Work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 3, 2018
If you're just starting out your career in healthcare/social services this is a good start. If you have been in the workforce for years prior and are an experienced professional this may not be the place for you.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Compensation and Mandated Vaccinations
Great Company
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 20, 2018
I have worked in the social work field for several years and this place is by far the best place I have ever worked. The culture is inclusive, supportive, and cohesive. They reimburse the federal rate for mileage. The focus on professional development is amazing. They are super flexible with schedules. My only criticism is the health insurance. The health insurance is not bad but there is a deductible of $300 and then 20% co-insurance. They also offer an HSA high deductible plan with no co-insurance after the deductible is met.
Pros
Paid time off, flexible schedule, emphasis on growth and development, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, 401k.
Cons
The health insurance has a deductible and 20% co insurance.
serve the LGBTQ community
Safe Point Outreach Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2018
great work culture, bright employees on the floor, not a lot of room for promotion, terrible management, fulfilling work,connections with clients and coworkers, gay/trans/queer competent and friendly, programs written by people who have no idea what they're doing
A bit of a clique-ish culture exists.
Linkage to Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 17, 2018
The potential for this type of work culture results in favorability chosen over substance and skill in a potential candidate. It sometimes appeared that moral was impacted by this, as well.
Be the change
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2018
Loved this place, always felt good at the end of the day about what we were doing for the world. Diverse patient population, dedicated colleagues, mission driven workplace.
I was an Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 5, 2018
Great environment. Great manager. Great staff. I loved this work environment. Very relaxed and do at your own pace. You still had deadlines but however you got there was your own decision. It was great!
Boring environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern OhioFebruary 8, 2018
Equitas cliams to be a compassionate, fair, and unbias company, but that only applies to their clientele. The company is racially bias. No African Americans in leadership positions. This is a pro white woman leadership only company!!!!!
Pros
Cons
No room for advancement, too much traveling, and unnecessary documentation
Unfortunately leadership will sink this ship.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2017
Very dysfunctional director of programs. Bullies and targets anyone who is smarter than she is. She lies to the COO and CEO and will throw anyone under the bus.
Cons
Leadership team is a joke, race issues. People of color never promoted.
Very productive fullfilling work
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron OfficeDecember 3, 2013
Akron office has management issues. The clinical Director has very minimal knowledge of the population served and has a very hard time keeping staff. The pay is very good. The paper work can be a bit much to deal with a times and the agency is constantly throwing more work on you with no more compensation. Expect a case load of at least 75 to 100.
Pros
Very rewarding helping your clients get the help they need.
Cons
If your not in upper management then your not valued very much.
Great Environment
Housing Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 26, 2017
Great environment and company overall. Little room for advancement. Pay is humble to moderate in certain departments. Managers are very flexible. Overall wonderful place
Program Coordinator
Mpowerment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2013
I conduct Outreach for an HIV Prevention Program as well as education for HIV Program. I manage a team of twelve volunteers. I have learned humility and interpersonal skills. My coworkers and I are very close. We are only a team of four individuals who work very closely together. The hardest part of my job is bureaucracy that comes with being grant funded. I have learned to over come that obsticle by learning the grant process. The most eenjoyable part of my job is knowing that I help others make smarter choices in life. I empower others to be healthy.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
politics
Review from other in Dec 2013 sums it up
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 20, 2014
As a case manger, you will enjoy working with the clients. The work can not be completed in a 40-50 hour time period. Management is weak for this location. Co-workers of the same level are excellent.
The hardest part is not being given the tools to be successful with all of your clients. The most enjoyable part is the clients that are thankful for your assistance.
Pros
Helping Clients
Cons
Not being given the tools to be successful
Fun and rewarding but has lost the grassroots feel
Outreach Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioMarch 17, 2015
I love the job I do, clients I serve, and my immediate colleagues. Unfortunately, the organization has grown far too big far too fast without the proper structural and leadership resources to uphold its values.
Pros
I love my boss and coworkers
Cons
lack of communicatin between upper management and lower level staff
Productive work environment
HIV Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 2, 2013
Duties centered around HIV case management; intake/update forms, assisting with client access to federal/state funded treatment programs (Ryan White), etc. Good work but can get stressful due to high case loads (70-100 ppl at one time)
Fun and relaxed
Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2017
The managers were very nice, the work was fun and engaging. There was a team-like atmosphere. The job felt as though there was a purpose. The hours were flexible.
Great Place to work
Walk Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 4, 2015
Great management and employees! A great position and company to gain experience. Must travel occasionally, but reimbursed. *****
Staff
Medical Social Worker- Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHApril 9, 2017
Staff are very skilled and knowledgeable about the issues of domestic violence. Opportunities for training and personal growth. Small nonprofit with the potential to become larger.
Challenging yet rewarding
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2017
I grew so much as an employee at Equitas Health. I'm proud of the work the agency has done to reach out to underserved individuals and am proud to have been a part of that growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equitas Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight