Equity Bank Employee Reviews

Keep Looking
Teller (Former Employee) –  Southeast KSJuly 4, 2019
This started as a great company to work for but over the last few years it has drastically changed and not for the better. Communication company wide is horrible. Management was not properly trained and cared not about their employees whether intentional or not.
Pros
Benefits & Personal and career sessions that were available
Cons
Management, Power Hunger
Stressful, not paid well
Personal banker (Former Employee) –  ClintonJune 26, 2019
Equity used to be a fun place to work for, but it got too big too fast. Management has gone down hill. The pay doesn’t compensate for the amount of stress in the branch. It’s no longer a bank geared towards customer needs. Only after money.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Poor management and attitudes
Good
Teller (Current Employee) –  CliintonMay 23, 2019
It is a good place to work. Good benefits and pay. The work isn't too stressful. The bosses are night. Company is very involved. You meet lots of people and learn a lot.
Great job just wish more options were available location wise.
Personal Banker/Teller (Current Employee) –  Cordell, OKApril 18, 2019
With locations spread so far out it's hard to have a good management staff. Not as many help options as are needed and advancement is hard for same reason the locations are to far apart fo move up at any branch but your own
Pros
They have great people who work there and offer to help when needed
Cons
The help isnt as hands on has needed at time, with each branch ran more independently its hard to keep all locations on the same page
Great Place to start with no banking experience
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 8, 2018
The pace of work varies from location to location. On occasion a location would need help due to under staffing. I became more professional in the workplace and the important of teamwork and communication. A typical day is bank transactions for customers and answering questions when concerns arose. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to complete requests. I enjoyed creating relationships with customers and being able to solve any financial questions they may have.
OK place to work
Senior Commercial Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 30, 2018
The people in my office are great. Management in the Wichita corporate office not so much. The corporate office wants to operate as a big bank but uses small bank mentality.
Average employer
Mortgage Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOOctober 29, 2018
Good place to work. Competitive rates but lacks staff placed in correct positions. I didn't like work/life balance. Continually buying smaller troubled banks without sufficient staff to transition those banks into the Equity Bank way.
Pros
Coworkers
I loved my job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Clinton,moSeptember 19, 2018
Equity made me part of the family! They are an amazing company who takes their employees and does what is best for them! Great training staff over all great
Ehh
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 19, 2018
Working for Equity wasn’t great but wasn’t horrible definitely could use better management. Customers are allowed to walk all over reps. Not a great environment to be in
Management was awesome.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSSeptember 14, 2018
My branch manger was awesome! Higher management not so much. So many promises but yet saw no changes. Very little advancement opportunity unless you knew someone higher up.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, MOAugust 5, 2018
Fast paced, steady work. Competitive environment with incentive options quarterly and through contests. Customer oriented. Quoted as the official bank of you.
Bank no longer exists
AVP / Business Development-Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 27, 2018
This bank no longer exists - no need to rate. It was a good small bank for its time. It is now a pleasant but distant memory. I fully enjoyed the opportunity
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Collaborative and culture of excellence
Teller (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJune 24, 2018
Working at Equity Bank is a rewarding career, challenging me and also teaching me new things everyday. Management is the best I've seen in a company with solid values.
Pros
Paid vacation, benefits
Cons
none!
Very productive
sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KisumuJune 24, 2018
We always had a busy day full of support from every one around. The day would start at 0700hrs and end at 1800hrs and we had a really busy day. It takes huge effort to organise educational programmes such as those we had available to us. There is a need to continue to develop, but how wonderful we have teachers of the calibre of our Seniors and their wisdom available to us as the staff and visiting teachers and through the wings to fly program .

I look forward to seeing what comes in the future and hope I’m around in this life long enough to connect with even a small portion of what’s already on offer
Pros
Team work
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and goal oriented
Consumer Lender/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 21, 2018
A typical day at work was the same scheduled projects. I learned how to do audits, train employees, home appraisals, overdraft reports, teamwork, and so much more. My managers were fantastic. I could never have asked for better managers. Workplace culture was very inviting and homey feeling. Everyone was so kind and willing to help out. There was really no hard part to the postition that I had. It was all really great for me. I loved that I had the chance to learn more at my own risk. They were really encouraging whenever I wanted to get trained on more positions.
Pros
Great training and fun environment
Cons
Pay was not that great
Terrible
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 5, 2018
Poor Management, adequate training is not provided but you are expected to know how to perform tip top in the bank. I would not recommend working here, management is very poor and does not know how to properly manage or train the employee's. Also a lot of favoritism is shown with certain employee's. The entire company needs to get rid of the management and start from the beginning. Otherwise the company will continue to go down as it seems to be doing. Upper management does not know how to perform any of the tasks but more or less gives orders of expectations but does not know how to do the actual jobs themselves.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not so good
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 11, 2018
I used to love Equity Bank but they have really tried to get too big in too little of time and not update their systems. They don't care about their staff. I worked at a branch that rarely got visited and we didn't have a working heater for quite a long while. We can't keep a manager and are frequently on our own to fend for our selves. The lack of support is something else. Trying to move up in the company is hard to do also.
Worst place I have ever worked
Bean counter (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 8, 2018
Dishonest management. The owner lies to you from the moment you apply for a position up to the time you leave the organization. Seems that is the only way they can hire experienced employees because of the horrible reputation and immoral/illegal behavior of the owner.
Pros
No longer work there
Cons
Everything about this company is a con. Including the owner.
My Experiance was stressful and unsure.
Loan Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 1, 2018
My Experience was not the best one to have, my typical day was working on a project for an Auditor or fixing excel sheets that i created. But what I learned is that once someone has it out for you, you will never meet their standards or there expectation no matter how great your work is.

It seemed that in some areas in the company people were happy and the culture was great. But in my specific area it was stressful and you felt it everyday come from the Managers.

The hardest part about was not knowing if i was going to i was going to do or say the wrong thing.

The most enjoyable thing was the few friends that i made there, i hope to keep a few of them for a lifetime.
Pros
Lots of Food Days
Cons
Never got a break, constant stress
Fun place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOFebruary 20, 2018
Great people to work with, easy learning, fun employees, fun customers, wanted to go to work everyday, didn't personally like working Saturdays all in all fun environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equity Bank. Our community is ready to answer.