Equity Lifestyle Properties

Equity Lifestyle Properties Employee Reviews

United States230 reviews
Featured review
Equity Lifestyle Properties selected this as a representative review
PROS:

*Casual dress

*Open door policy

*Standing desks

*Ability to grow within career

*Collaboration with other departments is encouraged

*Networking events during the summer time
Mgmt asks for contradictory goals. They demand goals that are impossible without support. And they seldom provide the support you need. Therefore, you never achieve everything they ask and they hold it against you.

Unless you are a glutton for punishment, run don’t walk from this place. The benefits and deductibles are way too expensive. You need to ask for an extra $8K per year to net you actual salary because of the cost of coverage. With a company that is so big, you would think they can negotiate a better deal but they just don’t care.
Pros
No weekends.
Cons
Mgmt, health care costs, unethical enforcement, Corp logistics a nigjtmare
Min Wage in California $13.00 - all employees are paid min wage
Supervisor Pay is only $1 more an hour

Health Benefits are consuming most of the pay

Employees die on a regular basis due to bad healthcare

- medication $100's of dollars

- MD Co-pays $100's of dollars for specialist

Upper Management (Corporate) is not good (Regional Level +)
Pros
Beautiful Scenery on Properties
Cons
See Above
Imagine working a for a manager who does nothing to help and pushes everything on you. You don't know if you should ask for help on new things because the manager doesn't even know the proper course of action and if you ask another employee they may belittle you in front of everyone. Very childish employers. Also, if they don't like who they are working with they just ignore thrm
Pros
Working with the residents/clients
Cons
literally everything else
No leadership from anyone within the Company other than the few employees they have at the Resort. Extremely hard to hire or make an offer for hourly employees since they only pay $8.00 and hour for any job you have to offer. ALWAYS short staffed...…... They charge employees to live in their own RV and charge them electricity but your basically on call 24/7 but do not get on call pay. UNBELIEVABLE! As a manager they wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars to live on property plus electricity and they wanted to remove All furnishings from the unit. How RUDE is that? They treat their employees horrible and use them like they are a dog. STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY
Pros
Cons
No leadership from your Regional Manager and knows nothing
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I found everything to be as good as it should have been for such a large company. however the general manager has personal issues, and own set of double rules. kept under the table.
I learned a lot working with this company. It was not an easy job. I thought the insurance could have been better, they offered better insurance for the people working in the corporate office, which makes you think they thought more of them than the people on the front lines.
This could have been a great place to work if only they practiced what they preached. It was the worse work experience I have ever had due to the fact they just throw you in to the fire with very little to no training or support. The Regional Manager assigned to me did not like me therefore, I received no support from her and could not do my job because she would not answer her phone or emails. No communication and when mentioning something to HR about your problems, that just puts you on the chopping block to get rid of.
The company is more concerned about their bottom line. They do not put the money into the parks that is needed to create a great park. They also could care less about their employees. They don’t even give managers a budget for an employee holiday party. When you try to obey the rules that are ridiculous and someone complains, they fire you so that they don’t have a bad review on trip advisor.
Pros
Managers are paid well
Cons
Everything else
Strong leaders in the company at the corporate and on the ground. Communication is clear and the company wants your input.
I can recommend working at ESL.
If you're looking to develop professionally, this is the place. The company is focused on innovation and improvements. The many challenges that come along with this provide the opportunity to build your skillset and allow you to really make an impact. Collaborative culture and supportive colleagues. Hard work is recognized and rewarded.
At ELS employees are encouraged to share ideas, and are given latitude to manage their way. The company is focused on safe work practices; more than any company I've worked for prior. It's a fun environment, providing great resort experiences to guests.
Worked at the Seaview outlet. Employees were not happy.including me. i quit after two months. not enough budgeting poor management bad employee lazy meade me do everything while he went away and hid. Stay away dead end job111
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything wrong nasty place
ELS is a great company just need to get past 1st layer of direct management. I have a difficult manager currently so can't say too much. Regional Mgr is wonderful!
Good Luck!
Upper management wants nothing to do with ensuring their resorts are run properly as long as they are profitable. Nothing is ever fixed correctly and the budgets are unreasonable. I was actually told by my regional that customer service only applies if there is a clear benefit to the company. They do not care about their employees or guests. Stay far away.
Pros:
-good exposure to leadership

-strides towards more modern office

-opportunities for growth

Cons:

-to many systems to work with

-not ideal benefit packages, but improvements have been made
ELS Corporate has poor employee & Park support. HR is the worst of any company. The property is in an AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL AREA. It is CRAZY busy from mid April through Mid October, then steady the rest of the time. Many guest who stay at the property are racist and homophobic and ELS & HR doesn’t really do anything about it, therefore employee safety is on the back burner. This property is short staffed for what it needs. There are several departments and none of them are easy to work with specifically HR. You find your own vendors that MUST follow state & corporate guidelines. Some of the expectations are beyond unrealistic. There is no work life balance. There are times I has to work 7 days per week and long hours each day. HR is a joke. It takes them at over three weeks to respond and they are not supportive, and that is ONLY if they do respond.
Pros
Can be a fun environment, ok pay for being in a resort area, you pretty much run the park while following ELS guidelines
Cons
Long hours, no breaks, weak company support, horrible HR department.
Official response from Equity Lifestyle Properties
April 8, 2020
We are very sorry to hear your time at ELS was not a positive one. It is also understandable to have negative feeling about HR from whom you may have received some constructive criticism. We will take your feedback into consideration when re-filling this role to ensure a better experience and longer tenure.
I absolutely enjoyed my position at Oak Bend MH Community, an ELS Property location. I grew in some areas and developed systems to make my job more efficient. When the community manager left, I stepped up to help the interim CM and to keep my community running smoothly. This required some late nights, which I didn't mind because it served my community. When they hired a new CM, it surprised me because I thought I was going to be considered once my year was up (in a month). But I still helped the new CM and thought everything was going fine. Then I was out one day sick, came back and they flipped the whole job duties. I wish I had taken it a little better but it was not presented to me in a courteous and respectful way. I still assisted with the changeover and thought we had moved passed the disruption but the CM had reported me to Corporate and then I was let go abruptly after.

I loved my community and job, was looking at advancing and retiring from there. Communication with Corporate is clunky and more of they say jump and you say how high, even if it doesn't make sense. They run their customer service like you are a retail or restaurant instead of property management. They advertise their properties as resorts or resort-like, giving an expectation to the resident/prospective resident than what actually occurs.

The medical benefits for property employees are decent but different than a corporate employee. The pay is decent in conjunction with the duties you are required to do. The environment varies from community to community. There are added benefits that make it worthwhile
 - more...

Management - four stars

Job Culture - four stars
Official response from Equity Lifestyle Properties
March 31, 2020
Thank you for sharing your honest review of your experience with us!
They’ll bend rules for there own personal gains with staff and belittle them when they state their opinions to management about said situations. It was great place to work and if your looking for a progressive job to work your way up not the place to go.
At first I loved this job and I was super excited. However all of that changed very quickly. There is no training, you’re just tossed into it and following what other people tell you to do, but when you do that again to a same situation you’re told you’re wrong.
The management is the worse. They talk down to you, belittle you and they abuse their power. They will come up with anything they can to tell you you’re wrong. They will abuse their power at being a General Manager to make up their own rules and go back on something they previously said. They throw extra work at you claiming “it’s front desk job” however after reading the handbook it’s not. They will give you 4 job tasks to do WHILE answering the phones, checking guests in, making reservations and handling all issues at once all while they sit on their phones texting their daughters and get mad at you for not finishing the work. The best part is, they’ll tell a part time they can’t take anymore time off when they didn’t even ask for time off. I got the flu and was told NOT to come into work but I’m in trouble for that.

They (manager) will throw you, beat you down into the bushes, call you names, belittle you, tell you everything you do is wrong, pile work for a week on you because they want YOU to quit.

Thankfully i was doing interviews with other companies for weeks & got a better offer and finally quit. Save yourself the time and don’t even apply. The work is a lot for the horrible pay. All the GM likes to do is abuse her power, act like she’s the best, and call you names. No wonder why they only have 1 employee
 - more...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Equity Lifestyle Properties. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9