EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES Employee Reviews

Most of the residents are very nice
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  N Ft Myers, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Not worth the effort.if you are working or thinking about working for ELS make sure you have a trust worthy manager that don't lie to H.R.and get you fired to line there own pockets
Pros
Not many
Cons
Dont trust anyone !
very poor working place
community manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 16, 2019
lousy working conditions. Hot during the summer. Very poor upper management. Very cut throat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very little support from most of the upper management
Pros
not much
Cons
horrible working conditionals/no loyalty
Poor Ethics
Lower Level Management (Former Employee) –  Upper MidwestJanuary 9, 2019
The location offers a unique and picturesque setting to work in, but has a very poor infrastructure due to many, many years of neglect due to prior ownership and the corporate team wanted nothing to do with repairing or replacing anything. The bottom line is all that matters.
We have water seeping from underground tubing, electrical faults and grounding issues at many of the hook ups, a "first come/first served" reservation policy that basically lies to the person making the reservation, cold water showers some with broken tiles, service equipment in a constant state of disrepair, short staffing, trees that need trimming back or or just plain need to be cut down, and the list goes on and on, far beyond the normal wear and tear. The property is in arrears with many local contractors which corporate drags their feet to settle up with. Also, corporate will bully you, threatening to fire you.
Horrible place to work.
Pros
Much potential
Cons
Poor Leadership from top to bottom; bullying; constant threat of being fired
Camping Resort
Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Milton, WIDecember 8, 2018
I had a lot of fun working this job. Working with children as well as adults. The management was of great quality. The hardest part about this job was really that is was a seasonal job. Other than that everything about my job was enjoyable
Pros
discounts, pretty laid back job
Cons
seasonal
large company,limited advancement
Community Manager/Sales - Leasing (Former Employee) –  FLNovember 28, 2018
ok job.
lots of computer work.
normal work hours.
lots of training per company guidelines.
improving community created happy residents.
minimal staff
Cons
discretionary bonus program
Comforable place to work if you were not interested in growing your career
INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
It was a good place to work if you wanted stability with no thought or designs on advancement. Immediate management was unfortunately too compliant to the whims of users, to a fault. Teammates chosen well, though.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLOctober 25, 2018
this is a company that has changed ownership when I worked there . they are a large company took away bonuses and raises just didn,t care for its people
Cons
El ambiente de trabajo es muy acojedor
De limpiesa (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 24, 2018
Para my es una excelente compaƱia trabajar para esta compania fue muy buena ya que da buena atencion a los trabajadores.
Great team at property level
Resort Manager (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZOctober 21, 2018
ELS overall was a good company. pay could be better, upper management did not care about employees. Loved the location and the team I worked with! Regional never available and never answered calls, when I left I was rehireable yet when a position came up the recruiter said I was going to interview, then when I followed up I was told that the regional wanted a different person and that I was not going to interview, they hired a younger male caucasian and never contacted me as to why I wasn't considered although I had been gone only a few months. Their loss, I was a skilled dependable employee with a spotless record.
Pros
Great team at property level, great location.
Cons
upper management didnt care, no room for advancement, regional manager appeared to be discriminatory.
Poor Communication
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PASeptember 12, 2018
ELS leaves a lot to be desired as for employment. Their HR department does nothing about intimidation in the workplace. Apparently, there is no ramifications if you harass your co-workers/employees.
Lower level employees are great
General Manager Date Palm Country Club (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 9, 2018
Could be a great company to work for if only upper management wasn't changing constantly. Very difficult to hold the "standard company practice" when it changes continually.
Cons
Rate of pay is on the bottom of the scale.
Terrific coworkers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  N Ft Myers, FLAugust 14, 2018
I enjoy working with the people in my department. I wish there were more incentives such as pay raises, dental insurance and more employee input on projects.
Good place to work, bad management.
Property Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 4, 2018
The maintenance teams were good people to work with, direct team managers were good people. The office and executive teams were cold, frequently hostile, and often gave the impression that they were better than everyone else. Tasks were easy to complete, work lists were distributed and completed as rapidly as we could finish the jobs. Often, some jobs were left to hang uncompleted because our management team would short the maintenance annual budget.
Pros
Large properties. Kept me busy. Never bored with down-time
Cons
Some jobs required approval from Executive management, could take several weeks
Hostile work environment w/ HORRIBLE pay
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 24, 2018
I learned how to work face to face with customers and how to code bills. Community manager is terrible, goes off on you for things that aren't even part of your job description. They make you do the dirty work when it comes to upset/angry residents instead of them dealing with them directly. Their excuse is that their too busy and it's a waste of their time. It's a very stressful job, but can be rewarding when you go the extra mile to hep a current/future resident. The regional manager is nice and great to work with, but I rarely see him because he is always traveling. Those are the only positive things I can say at this point.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Low pay, Manager has erratic behavior and is a control freak
Stressful, stressful, stressful!!!
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Advance, NCJuly 23, 2018
Not a good company to work for. Poor management, long hours, stressful environment, unrealistic performance expectations. Job requirements seem to change daily.
Pros
get to meet and interact with lots of nice campers
Cons
management, compensation, hours
Good part time work.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2018
I worked at this company full time. The pay is generally low and there is little room for advancement. If you are looking for a part time income, this could be a good option.
A depressing angry and usupportive environment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 24, 2018
I have worked sense the age of fourteen and in that time, I have never come across a more hostile and miserable group of workers from the Rangers to Management, the working envirment at ELS was unprofessional and completly toxic. A waisted rung on my career ladder.
Pros
FT Employment
Cons
FT Employment
Look Somewhere else
IS Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
IF your not a VP your Ideas and experience don't matter. If you like a life work balance go somewhere else. Policies and procedures or in place but never followed.
Cons
If your not a VP you don't Matter
Upper management could care less
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 19, 2018
They only care about the money they are making from the property. The employees don't count. There is no loyalty to hard work and dedication. They take the opinions of the residents over the manager without even asking the manager Be careful and don't turn your back.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, ungrateful residents who lie, a company that only cares about the dollar.
Comfortable Work Space with room for improvement.
Part Time Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FL 34788June 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at Equity LifeStyle Property. I enjoyed promoting the business and special events. I worked closely with the Sales Manager. I further enjoyed assisting the new Home Buyers and welcoming them to the community.
Pros
Team work and Building
Cons
Consider convicted felons who has paid their debt to society for over 10 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES. Our community is ready to answer.