EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES Employee Reviews

El ambiente de trabajo es muy acojedor
De limpiesa (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 24, 2018
Para my es una excelente compaƱia trabajar para esta compania fue muy buena ya que da buena atencion a los trabajadores.
Great team at property level
Resort Manager (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZOctober 21, 2018
ELS overall was a good company. pay could be better, upper management did not care about employees. Loved the location and the team I worked with! Regional never available and never answered calls, when I left I was rehireable yet when a position came up the recruiter said I was going to interview, then when I followed up I was told that the regional wanted a different person and that I was not going to interview, they hired a younger male caucasian and never contacted me as to why I wasn't considered although I had been gone only a few months. Their loss, I was a skilled dependable employee with a spotless record.
Pros
Great team at property level, great location.
Cons
upper management didnt care, no room for advancement, regional manager appeared to be discriminatory.
Poor Communication
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PASeptember 12, 2018
ELS leaves a lot to be desired as for employment. Their HR department does nothing about intimidation in the workplace. Apparently, there is no ramifications if you harass your co-workers/employees.
Lower level employees are great
General Manager Date Palm Country Club (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 9, 2018
Could be a great company to work for if only upper management wasn't changing constantly. Very difficult to hold the "standard company practice" when it changes continually.
Cons
Rate of pay is on the bottom of the scale.
Terrific coworkers
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  N Ft Myers, FLAugust 14, 2018
I enjoy working with the people in my department. I wish there were more incentives such as pay raises, dental insurance and more employee input on projects.
Good place to work, bad management.
Property Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLAugust 4, 2018
The maintenance teams were good people to work with, direct team managers were good people. The office and executive teams were cold, frequently hostile, and often gave the impression that they were better than everyone else. Tasks were easy to complete, work lists were distributed and completed as rapidly as we could finish the jobs. Often, some jobs were left to hang uncompleted because our management team would short the maintenance annual budget.
Pros
Large properties. Kept me busy. Never bored with down-time
Cons
Some jobs required approval from Executive management, could take several weeks
Hostile work environment w/ HORRIBLE pay
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 24, 2018
I learned how to work face to face with customers and how to code bills. Community manager is terrible, goes off on you for things that aren't even part of your job description. They make you do the dirty work when it comes to upset/angry residents instead of them dealing with them directly. Their excuse is that their too busy and it's a waste of their time. It's a very stressful job, but can be rewarding when you go the extra mile to hep a current/future resident. The regional manager is nice and great to work with, but I rarely see him because he is always traveling. Those are the only positive things I can say at this point.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Low pay, Manager has erratic behavior and is a control freak
Stressful, stressful, stressful!!!
Membership Specialist (Former Employee) –  Advance, NCJuly 23, 2018
Not a good company to work for. Poor management, long hours, stressful environment, unrealistic performance expectations. Job requirements seem to change daily.
Pros
get to meet and interact with lots of nice campers
Cons
management, compensation, hours
Good part time work.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 18, 2018
I worked at this company full time. The pay is generally low and there is little room for advancement. If you are looking for a part time income, this could be a good option.
A depressing angry and usupportive environment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 24, 2018
I have worked sense the age of fourteen and in that time, I have never come across a more hostile and miserable group of workers from the Rangers to Management, the working envirment at ELS was unprofessional and completly toxic. A waisted rung on my career ladder.
Pros
FT Employment
Cons
FT Employment
Look Somewhere else
IS Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2018
IF your not a VP your Ideas and experience don't matter. If you like a life work balance go somewhere else. Policies and procedures or in place but never followed.
Cons
If your not a VP you don't Matter
Upper management could care less
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 19, 2018
They only care about the money they are making from the property. The employees don't count. There is no loyalty to hard work and dedication. They take the opinions of the residents over the manager without even asking the manager Be careful and don't turn your back.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, ungrateful residents who lie, a company that only cares about the dollar.
Comfortable Work Space with room for improvement.
Part Time Front Desk Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FL 34788June 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at Equity LifeStyle Property. I enjoyed promoting the business and special events. I worked closely with the Sales Manager. I further enjoyed assisting the new Home Buyers and welcoming them to the community.
Pros
Team work and Building
Cons
Consider convicted felons who has paid their debt to society for over 10 years.
the fish rots from the head
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJune 16, 2018
The biggest issues with this company is (I believe) at the corporate level. The offices are understaffed, especially for the size of the park. They don't maintain the properties to a sufficient level, cut budgets, underpay the staff, then expect the employees to deal with the residents, many of whom have very valid complaints. The environment is stressful; not very pleasant to deal with. Too many inconsistencies with policies and procedures.
Pros
easy commute
Cons
several
Too many bosses and dysfunction in management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2018
Do not expect to be backed up when verbal abuse from a coworker occurs. Expect to learn everything mistake free in an accelerated manner while being micromanaged by 4 people. Dysfunctional management and stressful sometimes hostile work environment.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Dysfunction from top down. Hostile work environment
Great Park now with much better management
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amboy, ILApril 17, 2018
I have been a camper and Yogi Bear campground for 20 years. Love it like my second home. The relationships and experiences i have had not only from working there but from camping, are life long memories.
Relaxed work environment
FP&A Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
Employees are encouraged to dress comfortably (yet still presentably), there are frequent HR sponsored office events for team building and improving overall company culture, and opportunities to speak with the CEO.
terrible
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYApril 16, 2018
before you make the move, make sure you do your research you can do better somewhere else not enough capital is put in to the properties to make the residents less angry about increases in lot rent. understaffed and they make you accountable for things out of your control
Pros
Avoid
Cons
Lots
Quite a varied work day, filled with interaction with all staff and many customer communication issues.
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2018
I was very satisfied with my employment and enjoyed interacting with my customers immensely. However, my wife passed away in 2005 and I decided to retire and travel in my motor home in 2013.
Pros
Varied duties created a most interesting work environment.
Cons
Inadequate personnel to complete tasks to my satisfaction.
Nice place to work
Director of Activities (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZApril 3, 2018
This is a vacation RV Resort in the heart of 55+ active adult living. It is super busy "in season," which occurs October through April. Management was fair, clientele changes each season and the resort improves each year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES. Our community is ready to answer.