Equity Prime Mortgage Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good product mix,pricing comparable
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2018
There were many personnel changes during my tenure at Equity Prime Mortgage Many of the inside reps lacked training and direction on the products the company offered.. Difficult to provide consistency to the client with these changes.
Pros
Good product mix
Cons
Lack of training for staff
Don’t waste your time
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
If you’re currently looking for job security, good company morale, and growth, EPM is not the place for you. 401k isn’t matched. They offer no training which gives you more room to make mistakes and eventually get let go. Lay offs happen in bulk so you never know when it could be your last day. Don’t expect to just be responsible for your duties only because you’ll eventually be wearing many hats, with no extra compensation. Just run.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunches
He is a terrible Branch Manager
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 6, 2018
The Atlanta Branch where I was employed has a Branch Manager who micro-manages. He is very irate and does is unprofessional. He likes to rush every single file then gets very upset when things go not go his way.
Employees Are Appreciated and Listened To
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 4, 2018
It's impossible to find a perfect company to work for and Equity Prime Mortgage recognizes that as well. Instead of sweeping things under the rug, the leadership team asks the opinions of their staff and takes their opinions into consideration and then implements change for the betterment of the organization.
Pros
Caring atmosphere
Cons
Can't think of any
I’m happy at Equity Prime
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 20, 2018
My team in Vegas is great and supportive, we all get along and we have a very knowledgeable staff. I came back in the business after being gone since 2006 and everyone from management, processors, to fello LOA’s are always willing to help.
Pros
Supportive staff
Collaborative and Empowering workplace
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2018
Coming in to work in the Mortgage business you almost never know what you will find. That's one of the things I love about working here. Every situation is different and it's great to know that I have a solid team and workplace culture that will help me grow as a person and as a professional. There is a vested interest in my success from all of those around me and the culture shows that.
Fast Paced workplace with plenty of career advancement opprotunities
Processing Assitant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
Equity Prime is a fast paced workplace that provides you with plenty of routes to advance your career and climb up the ladder in the world of home mortgages and high finance
Great company , with unlimited opportunities for growth
VP Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2018
I like working at Equity because the environment is such that there is unlimited growth opportunities . EPM gives you the all the tools and support needed to be successful and management encourages everyone to think outside the box and be creative in defining their own individual career path.
Pros
Great Co-workers, fun work environment
The worst company
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
If you are employed stay where you are. If not employed keep looking. Most unstable company I ever worked for. Don't waste your time. Poor management. Poor environment, poor company. Terrible benefits. Fake pay.
Pros
Cons
You name any bad company attributes, that EPM
Trust is important at EPM
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
Trust is one thing that is not only present at EPM, but you feel it in your day to day with your co-workers/peers. Creative freedom and open dialogue is also a welcome part of the job.
Pros
Willingness to let employees do their job, no micromanaging
Cons
listen to your employees, don't take suggestions from outside source first, keep an eye out for expertise your internal team tells you before reaching out to 3rd party
great pay bad culture
Post Closer II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Equity is a fun place to work, Free Friday breakfast and the pay is great.
However, Management is horrible, Favortism, Cut throat tactics.
Layoffs like crazy, they sell you a false dream at interview.
It’s not a secure, stable environment.
Advance is only for certain ones. Definitely a click oriented environment!
Bad benefits, expensive, No 401k match
Advice: use them for experience, great pay and Get Out!!
High turn over.
No Loyalty
Pros
Free lunch And pay
Cons
Everything else. Especially Management!
Productive Work Place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed working for Equity Prime. The pay was amazing and the benefits were great. My supervisor was helpful and knowledgeable. I enjoyed helping our employees with a variety of tasks. Our employees were easy to get along with and helpful.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Not many paid holidays
Being sold a bill of nothing!
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2018
Corporate doesn't really want to aide incoming employees! Lack professionalism and honestly favoritism is blunt! Stay away! Being sold on the world but everything drifts upon arrival!
Pros
Setting your 8 hours
Cons
No structure, poor managers, and no professional decorum!
Horrible place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2018
Worst place to work in America. They work you like a dog, but do not pay overtime. They convince you to leave a stable company for a failing company. I do not give them to much longer to be in business. They do not pay a dime of your insurance, highestI have ever paid. The 401K, they don't match a dime. Fake corporation. RUN
Pros
non
Cons
everything about the company
Good company
Mortgage Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria VA work from homeFebruary 8, 2018
I worked from home and the relationship could not be continued even though they had a great platform, but they did not meet with their obligations as the market trends changed.
Amazing Culture and Striving for Excellence
Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2018
I have worked at a few mortgage companies over the years and without a doubt Equity Prime is the best. The culture is outstanding and their willingness to listen and improve is something you do not find at most places.
The mortgage industry is stressful at times but having a hard working operations team to support you is crucial to the success. Everyone is friendly and kind and a breath of fresh air.

Very happy to be part of this company.
Pros
Culture, team atmosphere, efficiency
Cons
insurance is pricey
Management challenged me to challenge myself
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  6585 High st. #100, LV NV 89113January 31, 2018
The vibe inside my office is positive and balanced. I personally am highly motivated by ideas and people that operate on a level equivalent to my own. This office and the forward thinking have challenged not only my ideas about what my position entails and what is expected of me by the company, but challenged my own ideas of what i expect of myself. Good company, aggressive pay-scale, great management that will challenge your idea of what you are capable of and can accomplish.
Pros
you will become the most motivated you in regards to obtaining business
Cons
you will find out if this business is for you or not.
Nightmare
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 26, 2018
This place is sold to loan originators as the “Four Seasons” of lenders but once you get hired it’s just a “Motel 6” Sales Manager tells you what you want to hear, great technology, great programs, phenomenal equipment and lending assistants. All lies and no one knows what their doing. Employees get hired and have to wait forever to find out how the systems work. Management has no desire to work large loan deals and prefer the 140k loan range with down payment assistance. No staff, unprofessional, lots of going to events that don’t have a return. Don’t work here unless you’ve been fired from everywhere in the world. Prison is more structured....it’s a train wreck.
Pros
Bottled Water
Cons
Poor managers, unprofessional staff, bad ideas all around.
Mortgage Banking
VP Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2018
This company has a lot to offer, wanted to have large offices only not interested in small but profitable offices.

Good product offerings but needed help in underwriting.
Unprofessional work environment!
Quality Control Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 6, 2018
The work place was unbearable due to unprofessional and rude co-workers. I would never consider working there in this life time. My experience was a nightmare, and too much to list.
Pros
occasional breakfast