ERC, Inc Employee Reviews

High paced. Lots of travel in my position.
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 28, 2019
Fast pasted at times. Leadership needs help with listening and understanding apposed to waiting for you to finish speaking so they can. Good employees. Fun to work TDY tests.
Pros
Per Diem when travel
Cons
Healthcare. Pay
Great Company
Math Book Author (Current Employee) –  ManilaMarch 26, 2019
It gave me the opportunity to grow more professionally. The publisher and managers are great since they provide all that the authors need. It is a great company indeed.
Best employer ever!
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALFebruary 21, 2019
Great atmosphere! Opportunities for growth and advancement are there for you if you wish to grow. Learning never stops. Management is professional, knowledgeable and caring. The culture is family oriented. The hardest part of the job is leaving to go home. The most enjoyable part of the job is being afforded this opportunity to work for a great employer.
Pros
Management/Pay/Benefits/Growth Opportunities
Cons
ERC is a solid company to work for
Ammo and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALDecember 17, 2018
Great upper management
Great environment
Low pay scale and benefits are a bit more costly than other companies
A great company to get started in Defense work
Pros
Upper Management is great
Cons
Low salary
Dependent on work location
Materials Scientist (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJuly 25, 2018
Work life depends on where you are located and which government group you work with. As a contractor, you are limited to advancement within work groups as government employees are required for leadership positions.
great company to grow with
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2018
Fast pace but fun place to work and grow with the company hardest part is trying not to get hang up on management is very laid back and honest you will have no problems as long as you do your job.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
rude cowokers
Range Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806March 22, 2018
ERC is definately a family oriented business. They value you and your family. I have been able to learn many different things while working for the company and they have been supportive in allowing me to learn.
one of the greatest place I have ever worked.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806December 7, 2017
1. Great place to work
2. Leadership is people focus
3. all employee are engaged
4. professionalism
5. nothing is hard about my job.
6. flexibility
Pros
hour of work; leadership; communication; benefits
Cons
Be safety conscience, be aware of hazardous environment.
Instrumentation Test Specialist (III) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL 35806November 6, 2017
Some days were very slow but most were very challenging. Doing all you could do and usually training someone in certain areas of work. I loved my job and all the people.
Pros
cookout and picnics and Christmas Parties
Cons
accessing the arsenal
Good Work Life Balance
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
ERC, is a company with great managers, who are approachable and willing to work with you to achieve your goals. It was company that went out of it's way to show the employees that they care.
erc
Senior Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 25, 2017
just a great company I was only there a short time but had great memories and learned many things that advanced my carrear and love for my job.again government contract that caused me to leave
Pros
great company
Cons
Easy goingGreat people to work with. Always willing to go the extra mile to please there employees
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 22, 2016
Great people to work with. Always willing to go the extra mile to please there employees. Family oriented. never a hard Moment.
Great place to work, but might not be a stable position
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CADecember 17, 2014
I found the job rather simple, and there was a lot of down time. I looked for things to do so that I would not get bored. The position I held with the company is not representative of most of the positions within the company. Most positions are highly technical so my experience may not be a good representation of the company as a whole.

I found that the training for each particular job was a little lacking as there is an expectation that you already know how to do the job. This company mainly specializes in government contracts and such there is a lot to learn about working for a government contractor. It can be a little cloak and dagger when it comes to office politics, and your job stability is in the hands of those in Washington. If there is a person from one party in office in the White House, you will almost certainly have a job, but if there is someone of a different party, you might want to brush up on your resume.
Pros
Lots of down time, good wages
Cons
Possibly not a stable job, dpends greatly on polical winds in Washingtio DC.
productive place to work Like family
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edwards, CAOctober 3, 2014
Overall Erc is an amazing company with good benefits they take a lot of pride in their people great company to work for! My only complaint would be not being able to move up within the company. Erc has many contracts and many different areas to work after years of experience and time with them it would be nice to be able to move around within the company if given an opportunity.
Pros
The Benifits
Cons
advandcment
Ok place to work, no place for advancement
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 12, 2014
Ok place to work, no place for advancement there also is no lateral movement within the company
Pros
good place to learn
Cons
once in a job your stuck
A good experience for young engineers
Electrical Engineer II, Design (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2013
a typical day at work is spent in a laboratory. I have learned a lot about circuits and electronics. The management was unaware of what I do, because I work directly for the customer (NASA). My co-workers are generally helpful people and willing to dig down into the trenches to help each other troubleshoot. The hardest part of the job is learning new design methodologies with no training. The most enjoyable part is getting something to work that you designed from scratch.
Pros
Working at NASA, unique projects and a good challenge
Cons
Long hours low pay compared to other industries
Great Place to work..
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 5, 2013
Enjoyed working with them but it was only a temporary Job.. When the contract was done I was let go..
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
was only temp.
Fun place to work with great management
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSDecember 24, 2011
The ERC team really cared about its employees. We never had to guess what they thought of us or if we were doing our jobs...they always let us know.