Erickson Living Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible place to work but loved my patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAOctober 18, 2018
To much favoritism , the supervisor kissed up to who she was afraid of , never listened to my concerns nor did HR I worked there for 3 weeks and had to leave and from me still communicating with those that I did get along with replacements aren’t staying there for a long period of time either, change management!! , make the staff more diverse, stop back biting then maybe you can keep staff on board
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Favoritism, back biting
Fun work place
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 15, 2018
I really enjoy working at Erickson living, it’s a really nice place. The people there are nice, they have a lot of story’s to tell and I have a lot to learn from them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Server (Former Employee) –  Commerce, MIOctober 15, 2018
none wasnt the job that I had wanted and I just didn't enjoy the way it wads run or the way people acted there sometimes and we didnt get tips which usually waiters/servers do
Staff constantly leaving
Resident Life (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 10, 2018
Many employees have left in the last few years but, sadly, nothing changes. The residents are terrific people and deserve better.
Some managers are great, some are alarmingly terrible. I think Brooksby would benefit from bringing in an outside consultant to help as it seems it's worse each year. I also think a lot of people have been there a long time and are just there, not really helpful but instead blending in with the residents and just seem to walk around all day.
Pros
free lunches a few times a year
Cons
long hours, no support
Good Company but too many Work Politics to deal with to advance in the company
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 27, 2018
It's hard to advance within the company if you're not playing the corporate politics game. Others get promoted within the company that don't deserve them. A lot of senior staff have been passed over for new positions even when they are overly qualified.
October 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your perspective. With substantial growth opportunity before us at Erickson Living, it's critical that all employees have a sense of being full participants in a process that is fair and transparent. As a current employee, we'd hope you will reach out to your Corporate Human Resources partners for further discussion.

Great place for a first job. You might hate it or love it, there is no middle ground.
Stock Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 24, 2018
A great place to step your foot in if you want to work in a kitchen, maintenance, security, waitstaff, or store clerk. Can offer flexible hours and provides scholarship opportunities. You can switch departments depending on availability. Great coworkers but terrible executive team.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, scholarship opportunties
Cons
Poor management, common sense does not exist
October 1, 2018

Your feedback is valued, and we'd agree that Erickson Living can offer so many choices to potential employees across a lot of different areas of service to our wonderful residents. While we're pleased that you've discovered a great group of coworkers, we want your leadership team experience to be the same, and will share your feedback with those leaders for further follow-up.

Overall the company
Hospitality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Matthews North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2018
Overall the company is great. I was an employee for 5 years. I loved it then I transferred to the newest community in NC and they do not follow the Erickson Living way. The Directors are critical of the employees. If they do not like you they will try very hard to make sure you are gone. I have witnessed it many times which is why i left. Security is not well trained and favoritism is extremely high. If you want to work for Erickson go for it but just stay far away from the NC community. They are not Erickson.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management. Pay, work life balance
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your 5 years of service to our Erickson Living mission. We appreciate your candid observations about your tenure at our newest community in North Carolina. As we continue to expand and deliver our services following the "Erickson Way" is how we ensure an exceptional resident and employee experience, and we're disappointed this didn't live up to the high expectations we set for ourselves. Your feedback will be shared for follow-up.

A very well managed place and very kind people
Wait Staff/Server (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2018
It was a very cool environment it was fun joyful and a amazing experience it helps with skills and encouragement and just is great practice for real life tasks
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Bad attitude
September 24, 2018

We couldn't agree more about an Erickson Living working experience. Our mission of helping people live better lives is surely a joyful one, and we're very grateful to the employees who help us deliver on keeping our promises to our residents each and every day.

Nice place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDSeptember 14, 2018
Salaries are low, but it is a nice place to work. Staff is treated well and offered opportunities to learn and grow. I enjoyed my experience at the organization and learned a good deal.
Pros
Good balance of life and work
Cons
low salaries
Fast paced working environment with food benefits
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2018
In Erickson Living's Eagle trace, it is a fast paced working environment that taught me how to work under pressure and taught us how to how great customer service around the elderly.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Fast paced
September 18, 2018

Great to hear that you learned so many future work place skills during your time working for Erickson Living. Caring for our residents and providing great customer service is key to our mission of helping people live better lives, and we really appreciate how you contributed to our company.

Fun people to work with
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 4, 2018
The mangers and the employees are fun to be around. The place is filled with interesting people. The job is not stressful. The hours of the job are also very good.
I had some bad days at work with some co workers
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2018
I kinda felt like I didn't have any type of freedom at work. I feel as though it was always a problem even it didn't involved me but sometimes it was like , I was getting blamed for somebody else work.
Fun place to work at
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 21, 2018
Erickson Living was a fun place to work at. It is an easy job to do and management is very flexible with your availability. My day consists of serve the residents or working the host stand and sometimes bussing when needed.
August 29, 2018

We're glad that you are enjoying your time at Ann's Choice, a great Erickson Living community. Thank you for serving our residents, which for all of us is job #1. We know how important schedule flexibility and enjoying time at work is for today's workforce, which is a key benefit of an Erickson Living Dining Services career.

Profit Based Culture and the Director of Nursing and the Administrator literally cover up medication errors.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 17, 2018
This place with literally suck you in, suck the life out of you and spit you out with nothing! They don't care about you, the residents, the families, nothing!!
Huge turn over. It’s great for someone looking to gain experience though because they hire any and everybody. State is always there!!!! Low pay for the work load. Only 20 to 30 cent raises after a year. The benefits are really high, unless you're a nurse it's affordable. Too much drama, arguing....it's like H.S. all over again.
Management is HORRIBLE, DISRESPECTFUL, INCOMPETENT, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND JUST PLAIN USELESS. They claim to be one big family here, well if this place is an example of how family treats you, well, BEWARE. Management are all idiots. DO NOT WORK HERE OR BRING YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS TO LIVE HERE.
Wouldn't recommend working there. terrible work environment. Place only god to make a quick buck. did not enjoy working here at all...
Pros
Lots of drama and 2 faced Management if you love that
August 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your observations at this community, which are matters that our company takes very seriously. Nothing is more important than the care of our residents and staff. This matter will be referred for further review.

management is terrible
SECURITY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 12, 2018
pretends to be nice and over caring but is only looking out for themselves. Says that they have values but stabs people in the back. Says they promote from within but rarely ever does.
Very good
Emergency Services Officer (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 9, 2018
Great for up and coming EMT's as well as long time EMT's. Very similar to working in a 911 type setting but on a smaller scale. Variety of calls, feast or famine call load, teamwork and unpredictability of call types.
Pros
Autonomy while working as well as teamwork situations
Cons
Shift work
Overworked,Underpaid
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 7, 2018
This cooperation is the worst! The pay is 💩 for all the work they want you to do because no one ever lasts! DO NOT work here !!! You get your bonus from the residents because the company is too cheap for them to give a bonus! They let the residents treat employees how they want so they can continue to rip them off by living there !! Worst place ever !!!!
Pros
Some of the residents were very sweet
Great place to start!
Server (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 19, 2018
I got the job working for one of the Erickson Living communities when I was just 16. This was a great first job and really taught me how to create a budget and learn responsibility.
July 30, 2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback and work experience at our Riderwood community. We'd agree that a server role at Erickson Living is a great first job, and even more so, an entrée to a terrific career as you grow and learn more about our company and future opportunities.

Service
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJuly 16, 2018
Ensure prompt service, make transactions for meals, ensure customer satisfaction. Make sure all side work is done and have to reset table in between meals and at the end of the shift. rolling silverware.
fast paced and competitive
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJJuly 10, 2018
i decided to work in a fast paced restaurant and everything went well at first i was 15 going in so i worked from 4-7pm and everyone about 16 worked until 8pm and the older co-workers would not help me with my tables when i needed them.
July 30, 2018

We appreciate your sharing this feedback regarding your experience on the server team at one of our communities. Erickson Living highly values teamwork and it's disappointing to learn that your specific experience didn't reflect this. It's the behind the scenes work, with all members pitching in that makes it possible to deliver the very best service and care to our residents. We will share your comments with the dining leadership of this community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erickson Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight