Erickson Living Employee Reviews

salary
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJune 18, 2018
I was offered a position, was never told what the salary was going to be until i accepted the position. Unfortunately I was not able to start the job the salary that i was offered just wasn't acceptable and cost effective for my family. I would have loved to work for this company have heard many good things about company. If the pay was higher and i felt it was work giving up my entire weekend away from my family I would definitely be working there today,
Cons
salary
June 19, 2018

Thank you for providing this specific feedback regarding your recent recruitment experience at our Ann's Choice community. Your feedback will be shared with the human resources team. We know how important it is to be competitive in today's employment market and the many choices qualified candidates like you surely have. We're pleased to hear that you have heard good things about Erickson Living and we'll work harder to make sure a next experience is better.

Decent place to work
Utility Worker/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 13, 2018
Decent placeto work.
everyday is different
i learned how to clean more efficiently
handling chemicals
the food at the end of the night
i liked working there because of the easy going environment and everybody is respectful
June 15, 2018

So pleased to hear the sense of respect that you see and experience at our Riderwood community in Silver Spring. It's a key value of the Erickson Way that really makes us different from other care providers. We appreciate all that you do each day to make our residents dining experience a positive one

Horrible experience
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 12, 2018
One of those jobs that uses you up and then replaces you. So far three years of my life where I never got to see my family, grew a terrible attitude, and lost faith in management. My son asked me to get him a part time job but there was no way I was going to put him through that. I would tell everyone to stay away from here.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, incompetent management, you work for others all the time, and no help when needed.
June 15, 2018

It's disappointing to hear that your Erickson Living experience didn't live up to the high standards we establish for our communities. We understand how important our employee experience is in terms of delivering exceptional service and care to our residents. Your feedback will be shared with the leaders at this community.

Fun
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carney, MDMay 28, 2018
Great job, great people, loved what i did. Met alot of people there and some i'm still friends with till this day. We all got along and worked together.
Good place to be
UTILITY WORKER / PREP COOK / LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2018
The place clothed and fed me for six years, good place to be. I was promoted numerous of times. They were very patient with me. They value hard work. Good benefits
June 1, 2018

Great to hear your experience at our Highland Springs community in Dallas was so positive. We're very appreciate of your 6 years of service to our residents-and that you were able to benefit from career and promotional opportunities. Our success in delivering on our mission of helping people live better lives is due to our dedicated employees.

good entry level company
AR Associate (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 21, 2018
moving within the company is not easily accomplished. Once you are in a "niche", it's hard to move to another department. I was able to travel to and from this company easily by bus.
Pros
good benefits, on bus line
Cons
high percentage of upper management turn around
May 24, 2018

Glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with the benefits Erickson Living offers our employees, and you have an easy commute to work each day. There are current several initiatives underway at our company to ensure we are retaining the very best managers-we encourage you to reach out to your existing leaders to talk through your personal career goals and plans.

Best first job I could’ve asked for
Server, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 21, 2018
Working here was my first job ever and I’m glad it was. I was able to work on my homework with the residents living there, worked on my social skills as well as I gained experience for a job I could do in the future. Everything I learned here, I took with me to all my jobs; from Staples to Dave and Busters. It was perfect for a student in high school, especially because they offer a scholarship for those in grades 9th i believe to 12th.
May 25, 2018

So thrilled that you had a great first work experience at our Greenspring community and used the opportunity to build some great relationships with our residents. We agree-an Erickson Living job is filled with acquiring life-long skills. It's great that you were also exposed to our scholarship program for high school students, which is a very rewarding way for us to give back to our valued employees.

Productive Workplace
Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 17, 2018
The work environment is very clean and friendly. Employees are easy to work with and the company does offer a lot of benefits for its employees. Depending on which department, managers can be a little strict and sometimes hard to work with, but otherwise, it is a good workplace.
This is also a great first job for High Schoolers as it teaches them various skills to carrier on in their careers.
May 21, 2018

We look forward to sharing your positive feedback with our Riderwood team in Silver Spring, MD. It's rewarding to hear that you found this to be such a positive great first job, and that you've gained skills that will benefit you in the future. The dining experience is so key to our resident satisfaction-we appreciate how you've helped make that a reality.

Great job
Marketing Liaison (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 15, 2018
Good managers and the environments is very relaxed and carefree. I felt like my manager had my back and I got along with everyone in the building. Erickson was amazing
May 17, 2018

Thanks for sharing the great experience you are having at our Riderwood community in Silver Spring. It sounds like you and your team have mastered the balance of delivering the work and incredible service we provide to our residents with making things seem readily doable on a daily basis. We know our leaders and managers are key to making this happen.

If you apply for the EMT position you will actually be a security guard.
EMT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
If you are thinking that this is a EMT job, you’re wrong. You will basically be maintenance and security officers. It was easy but dead end. Some people have been there for YEARS still making the same rate of pay from their first day. The benefits are excellent! But you will not get any experience as an EMT, if that’s what you are looking for.
Benefits
Cons
Dead end job.
fast paced job and always busy
Pt. Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 12, 2018
Busy with only 1 person doing alot, which includes setting up for Breakfast as well as lunch, also cooking, cleaning, and making sure residents are safe while you are on shift.Was able to run a smooth meal period if you had someone helping, if not you did the best you could. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the residents.
Pros
schedule
Cons
short of help, some employees not as productive as others
May 17, 2018

Thanks for your time delivering exceptional resident service while you worked at our Wind Crest community in Colorado. You're right on the mark-the days are always busy-it's what comes with having a 24X7, 365 day a year around the clock service product. Leaders across Erickson Living focus on instilling teamwork across our business each and every day. It takes all of us working together to truly help people live better lives.

I don't intend to ever leave this job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAMay 5, 2018
I love working with this company but in order to move forward with moving up In my life there are more expenses than just living that will come to play.I don't make enough to take care of me and my daughter this is a salery for a single person.I am forced to keep looking for a better paying job. I feel for what we do in my department, how hard we work and how much older the residents are from when I started 5 years ago it had turned into more of a hospital job than a regular cleaning job. So I'd like to be getting paid the same as a hospital or school would pay for my department. Other than that, the residents and coworkers are why I stay. I intend to strive to get out of the house keeping department to get a better salary and live my life serving this company as long as I can.
Pros
vacation benefits and feeling like you are going to visit family when you are really going to work
Cons
Pay is not enough for the cost of living
Lots of room for growth, if you go after it!
Various Titles (Current Employee) –  Tallgrass CreekMay 4, 2018
I have held two completely different roles at Tallgrass Creek and both roles have been very pleasant and rewarding.

The company prides itself and holds true to the values they teach during new-hire orientation.

The resident experience is key, but not overshadowing to the employee experience. They go hand-in-hand.

If you want to grow with the company it is definitely there!
Pros
On-site medical center, growth opportunity, positive residents, genuine interactions
May 7, 2018

Thanks so much for capturing what Erickson Living seeks to provide every day as a premier employee experience! Our Tallgrass Creek community in Kansas has an exceptionally dedicated group of HR leaders who truly seek to deliver on building a meaningful onboarding time period for all employees. It's great to see their work recognized, including the story of growth and opportunity you have before you.

Seems like a good place at first.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fox Run, Novi MIMay 3, 2018
Fox Run is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Make sure you're good at playing games and in-house politics, because you'll find plenty of both in pretty much every department. Also, you'd better make sure you are completely on point for your interview, because if not those who have interviewed you (both department managers & mid-level supervisors) will talk about you (and laugh about you) to anyone and everyone in the department.
May 7, 2018

We appreciate your candor in sharing your experience at one of our Erickson Living communities, and are sorry that this did not live up to the high expectations we set for ourselves. We know it's so important that the service ideals we strive to meet every day for our residents must be the same standard as what our employees experience. Your comments will be referred to the leadership at this community for follow-up.

Erickson Living
Utility Worker (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDApril 25, 2018
The job is okay when you first get there. That is with any job, but when you start to learn the job and how cut throat your managers are, you will have to put your guard up. Managers would talk to you like you are totally beneath them. Constant disrespect, and they will over work you.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Over worked, Disrespectful work enviorment.
The residents
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
I maintain 3 buildings for the retired, elderly. I have received 4 awards for my patients and concern for the residents. I repair everything in the building, air and heat, plumbing, pipe fitting, all maintenance on 300 apartments. Air conditions on roof and in residents room. Fix all electrical problem in each of my building. A very good blend of the elderly and I enjoy listening to their stories about their lives. I am called upon to fix just about everything their is in the buildings and seldom call in anyone for help. I take pride in my work and do the job right. I do not leave until everyone is taken care of. I have worked in 2 hospitals and air conditioning in commercial buildings. Their is not a typical day at work because the residents need me to help them as much as it takes me to complete my work by end of day.
Pros
Like the company and people I work with
Cons
It is only me to attend to 3 building and at times it is quite busy
April 2, 2018

Thank you so much for all you do each day at Erickson Living-we're grateful for your dedication and the care and pride you have in your work. We know how important teamwork is to help us deliver on our mission of helping people live better lives, and it sure sounds like you and your team members provide the very best to our wonderful residents.

Poor direct manager
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMarch 26, 2018
The current top leadership team has a tendency to micromanage, there is also a poor work-life balance, they make employees work many hours with very little appreciation.
April 2, 2018

We appreciate your candor regarding your recent work experience at one of our Erickson Living communities. We understand the challenges of work life balance with a business model that is "24-7, 365 days a year" and how important showing our appreciation is to all our employees. Your specific experience will be shared with the leaders of this community for follow-up.

Wait Staff
Busser & Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 26, 2018
We were giving 3 to 4 tables at a time. The host would sometimes sit us back to back having no regard for our current workload. At the end of shifts we had to do a side duty and reset tables for the next day.
Pros
Free meal
Erickson expects one person to do 3 jobs for one salary.
Assistant General Manager (ASG) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 23, 2018
Stressful workplace...Newly hired managers asked ro do 3 jobs before they learn their own job due to high turnover.

PROS-- Salary and Benes competitive

CONS-- Poor Management; Disorganized; Hired for one job but expected to do three jobs because of high turnover.
March 27, 2018

While it's good to hear that you have found the salary and benefits competitive in your role, it's equally important that your experience levels out in terms of ongoing training and mastery of the role you were hired for. Addressing turn over is a key component of making sure managers can consistently focus on leading their teams to provide exceptional care to our residents. We'll continue to put a laser focus on this across our entire company.

Fun Place
Waitress/Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 22, 2018
Nice place , comfortable environment, Very Accessible. Always show up on time. Make sure the residents are okay with what they ordered. The job isn’t hard. Just get it done
March 27, 2018

Glad to hear you enjoyed your server role at our Riderwood community in Silver Spring, MD. Sounds like you acquired some solid work skills and were very conscientious each day about consistently being on time and making sure our residents enjoyed meal time, which is a very special part of an Erickson Living experience. Thank you for all your efforts!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erickson Living. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight