Erickson Living
61Average

Erickson Living Employee Reviews

United States569 reviews
Featured review
Erickson Living selected this as a representative review
Relationship Building and Rewarding
Focuses on Resident Satisfaction and Employee Engagement. Supported by manager and director in resolving issues, coaching/counseling and work life balance. Staff is diverse and focuses on sharing gifts and supporting each others strengths while helping develop areas of focus. Learned a true level of respect working for and with Seniors!
Pros
rewarding, fun, develope strenghts, relationship building
Cons
a lot of meetings and micromanaging
Official response from Erickson Living
April 17, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience at our Cedar Crest Village community. You've captured our priorities each and every day in terms of our focus and priorities. We're built around our mission of helping people live better lives, and know that happens for our richly deserving residents when employee satisfaction is high.
Biggest mistake of my professional career
I have worked there for 4 years. I was looking to advance my career and move up. Was told it's a great company to move up and great opportunity. Nope lies just like a used car salesman they tell you what they want you to hear. To move up you have to suck up and play politics. You end up doing two or three people jobs to pick up the slack. While they get paid double what you do. It all about being lazy and two face to move up. Going to a GM of AGM is pointless because they do absolutely nothing to fix the issues. Going to meetings and discussing anything is pointless also. As a whole this was the worst experience in a job I ever had.
good company
Good company to work for, although I feel as though the dynamic and experience varies based on the dept you work in. No advancement within some dept make it hard to advance within your role.
Nice community easy going
Was a work environment which thrived on gossip. I would suggest do not give to much information to anyone.
Most part a nice place to work even though some people just don't have a work ethic.
They sale a dream they can't live up too
If company only cares about money is no longer about providing care they think about the almighty dollar so they forget about a residents and their employees in the director of nursing hide and cover up things for nurses that
Pros
They have a way with words
Cons
You'll see that true nature once you work there
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Very nice managers and fun co workers
The residents were very nice so were the managers and co workers. It developed my time management skills a lot. I developed so many good relationships am very glad i decided to work there.
Pros
scholarship if you work 1000 hours, take food home sometimes
Cons
sometimes time consuming, hard to balance it out with life and school work sometimes
Cna
As a CNA they work is nice but they expect too much housekeeping even though they have a dept for housekeeping. The job itself is flexible and nice and you only work with one patient at a time
Employee diversity
The environment is clean and confusive for the purpose it is meant for. Working at the dining section was not encouraging. The management team is not professional in dealing with employee matters.
It’s a good job
I think Maris grove is a good job. I liked it there because we always got out there in a decent time and the residents there were very respectful and nice
Awesome Place To Work
Had some good times working here with residents and coworkers. I would bring my own movies and snacks in on certain days and we would have one big movie night !!!! The whole atmosphere was really good.
It’s ok.
Long hours feel as if I’m never home.
Not enough resource for how big campus is.

Managers are nice but sometimes unorganized

Could be better
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Management Leaves Much To Be Desired
I really loved my job and helping out residents. The residents make the career worthwhile. Management does not care. This is not an inclusive environment. It's just a business trying to fill their units without concern for staff and residents.
productive an exciting
Erickson living is a great place to work. They have many job opportunities for employment, Just don't get your hopes up about a position!! When trying to go for a new job its like getting fired and rehired!! There is a whole interview process and it dose not matter how long you have been with the company!! It is a good company tp work for an they offer pretty good benefits.
Bond-building
Working at this company has allowed me to grow close to the resident. Some are like my second grandparents. Some residents even assist with school work, for they were professors, doctors, etc. The hardest part of the job is seeing one of the residents that you've grown close to pass away.
The Absolute Best Work Place...Seriously!
I worked as a PT in the Riderwood campus, and I can honestly say that this was the best Job I've had so far in my career. The staff is very supportive and are like family. Everyone works together as a team to do what is best for the residents. The residents are treated with the UTMOST respect, and they are very involved in their own care. I even consider living here in retirement if I can afford it. The facility is very clean. The Rehab manager is very respectful of therapist's clinical decisions. Nursing is very cooperative with therapy and they work very well together. The pay was VERY generous and we got raises every year after the annual review. Management actively encourages a good work-life balance and this helps the morale of the team, reduces burnout. I never had to take work home because we leave the laptops at work, which was really important for me because I could switch off work and enjoy the rest of my day with family. Being a continuing care facility, when the caseload is low in one of the departments, you can flex to the other departments to make up your caseload. This may throw you off your process sometimes, but you gain valuable experience and keep your skills refreshed
Pros
Work-life balance, Generous pay, job satisfaction, clean facility, staff and residents
Cons
Too many meetings and not enough training,
Too many meetings and not enough training. Not given enough time to complete tasks. Broken promises. Unrealistic expectations. Would Not recommend this place to anyone!
Lantern hill
The culture preaches employee engagement and values. It’s a far cry from it. The Lantern hill executive directors and upper management practice favoritism and racism . Employees are unappreciated and disgusted with the unjust practices of the senior management team. They show no support or respect for the staff and wonder why employee’s are running out of there screaming ....if job security is your goal look elsewhere.
They don't care about the resadints or employees all this company cares about is money from the resadints not about the care or the people providing it
Good service
working at arbor ridge is one of the hardest places to work at Erickson living . There’s so much you have to worry about in very little amount of time but hey, nothing is easy
Under Staffed and Over worked
Short staffed always mostly total care patients . The one thing I hated most about this place was how the Director of Nursing talked to staff totally out of pocket all the time. Just a total lack of respect for Nursing Staff in general. She was one of the main reasons I quit. I would never ever work there again.
This company gives me the opportunity to learn new things
This company gives me the opportunity to learn new things and strive to do my very best. Erickson Living conducts a comprehensive training program for all corporate and community employees to encourage a common understanding of the organization’s strategy on diversity and inclusion.
Pros
They treat you like family
Cons
not enough hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erickson Living. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Erickson Living.