Erickson Living Employee Reviews

Shít place to work for
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MADecember 7, 2018
Horrible place to work for. They tolerate racism, sexual harresment and bulling. The raises are an insult for all the work that you do. Residents are always right even when screaming in your face or running into you with a walker(on purpose). The medical center is treated as an emergency room ONLY on snow days. Don’t you dare be a minute late because it’s a write up, oh wait everything is a write up! Let’s talk about the parking! Don’t forget that green sticker, they stalk you at the gate for that sticker. And Be sure to park in the T spots or security will harass you, they don’t care that the snow is a foot and you have to walk across campus to your building. Almost all departments require you to do more than one job for little pay. STAY AWAY FROM ERICKSON LIVING!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Every fthing!
December 17, 2018

It's disappointing to learn that your current work experience is not living up to the high ideals and standards we set across all our Erickson Living communities. Our values of respect and caring are at the forefront in both our residents' and employee interactions and we work everyday to make sure we strive to those ideals. An Erickson Care Line resource is available to all employees to share specific concerns and your comments will be referred for follow-up as well.

Profit Based Culture and the Director of Nursing and the Administrator literally cover up medication errors.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 17, 2018
This place with literally suck you in, suck the life out of you and spit you out with nothing! They don't care about you, the residents, the families, nothing!!
Huge turn over. It’s great for someone looking to gain experience though because they hire any and everybody. State is always there!!!! Low pay for the work load. Only 20 to 30 cent raises after a year. The benefits are really high, unless you're a nurse it's affordable. Too much drama, arguing....it's like H.S. all over again.
Management is HORRIBLE, DISRESPECTFUL, INCOMPETENT, UNPROFESSIONAL, AND JUST PLAIN USELESS. They claim to be one big family here, well if this place is an example of how family treats you, well, BEWARE. Management are all idiots. DO NOT WORK HERE OR BRING YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS TO LIVE HERE.
Wouldn't recommend working there. terrible work environment. Place only god to make a quick buck. did not enjoy working here at all...
Pros
Lots of drama and 2 faced Management if you love that
August 29, 2018

Thank you for sharing your observations at this community, which are matters that our company takes very seriously. Nothing is more important than the care of our residents and staff. This matter will be referred for further review.

Poor pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 28, 2018
Extremely low pay and tiny raises. Avoid! Stressed out work force that can not afford to live in the area. Management doesn’t trust employees and doesn’t know how to manage. Corporate sucks off the profits and the employees in the non-profit section get paid tiny pitiful wages.
Pros
Healthcare reasonably priced
Cons
Terrible pay benefits time off culture and management
December 3, 2018

Thank you for sharing your recent employment experience, and it's disappointing that the high ideals we set for ourselves as an employer did not meet your expectations. One of our highest values here at Erickson Living is respect and caring, so we will share your feedback with the leaders of this community for further reflection and action, including the topic of pay and wages..

Great benefits but employees are overworked
Cook (Current Employee) –  Oak Crest, MDNovember 26, 2018
A typical day starts at 11-8 and sometimes later in the kitchen. The managers are all very nice. However, they lied about the hours before i was hired and about what tasks i would be completing daily. I have no time for fun outside of work and never get weekends off. I do get two days off out of the week but it’s on the weekday so i have no time to spend with my family. However this place has great benefits and evryone i have worked with is very nice.
Pros
Everyone is friendly and welcoming
Cons
Overworked. Only a 30 min break
December 3, 2018

Appreciate your providing this feedback as a member of the dining services team at our Oak Crest community. Our Erickson Living employees are truly amongst the most dedicated and contribute wonderfully to a strong team environment. We also pride ourselves on setting a realistic job preview during the recruitment experience so that our employees are excited to stay and grow. We'd encourage you to reach out to your community specific HR leaders to further discuss your concerns.

Great people to work with
COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIOctober 23, 2018
Most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with the senior population, answering questions and assisting the residents

Work hours are flexible

Hourly compensation could be more competitive
Pros
Fellow employees are great
Cons
Pay
Horrible experience
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 12, 2018
One of those jobs that uses you up and then replaces you. So far three years of my life where I never got to see my family, grew a terrible attitude, and lost faith in management. My son asked me to get him a part time job but there was no way I was going to put him through that. I would tell everyone to stay away from here.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, incompetent management, you work for others all the time, and no help when needed.
June 15, 2018

It's disappointing to hear that your Erickson Living experience didn't live up to the high standards we establish for our communities. We understand how important our employee experience is in terms of delivering exceptional service and care to our residents. Your feedback will be shared with the leaders at this community.

salary
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJune 18, 2018
I was offered a position, was never told what the salary was going to be until i accepted the position. Unfortunately I was not able to start the job the salary that i was offered just wasn't acceptable and cost effective for my family. I would have loved to work for this company have heard many good things about company. If the pay was higher and i felt it was work giving up my entire weekend away from my family I would definitely be working there today,
Cons
salary
June 19, 2018

Thank you for providing this specific feedback regarding your recent recruitment experience at our Ann's Choice community. Your feedback will be shared with the human resources team. We know how important it is to be competitive in today's employment market and the many choices qualified candidates like you surely have. We're pleased to hear that you have heard good things about Erickson Living and we'll work harder to make sure a next experience is better.

Productive Workplace
Dining Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 17, 2018
The work environment is very clean and friendly. Employees are easy to work with and the company does offer a lot of benefits for its employees. Depending on which department, managers can be a little strict and sometimes hard to work with, but otherwise, it is a good workplace.
This is also a great first job for High Schoolers as it teaches them various skills to carrier on in their careers.
May 21, 2018

We look forward to sharing your positive feedback with our Riderwood team in Silver Spring, MD. It's rewarding to hear that you found this to be such a positive great first job, and that you've gained skills that will benefit you in the future. The dining experience is so key to our resident satisfaction-we appreciate how you've helped make that a reality.

If you apply for the EMT position you will actually be a security guard.
EMT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
If you are thinking that this is a EMT job, you’re wrong. You will basically be maintenance and security officers. It was easy but dead end. Some people have been there for YEARS still making the same rate of pay from their first day. The benefits are excellent! But you will not get any experience as an EMT, if that’s what you are looking for.
Benefits
Cons
Dead end job.
Overall the company
Hospitality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Matthews North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2018
Overall the company is great. I was an employee for 5 years. I loved it then I transferred to the newest community in NC and they do not follow the Erickson Living way. The Directors are critical of the employees. If they do not like you they will try very hard to make sure you are gone. I have witnessed it many times which is why i left. Security is not well trained and favoritism is extremely high. If you want to work for Erickson go for it but just stay far away from the NC community. They are not Erickson.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management. Pay, work life balance
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your 5 years of service to our Erickson Living mission. We appreciate your candid observations about your tenure at our newest community in North Carolina. As we continue to expand and deliver our services following the "Erickson Way" is how we ensure an exceptional resident and employee experience, and we're disappointed this didn't live up to the high expectations we set for ourselves. Your feedback will be shared for follow-up.

The have and they have nots
Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 22, 2018
If you are senior leadership you get treated very, very well. This is especially true is you re male. Unlimited expense account, meetings at 4 star hotels and every meal paid for.
Erickson will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on meetings but can only give you a $.50 raise because we did t make enough money.
We here the cries that we didn’t make enough money so in response we hire more people, create more positions and cut bonuses.
They only way to be a senior leader is to be male and to talk a good game- you don’t actually have to work just talk like you do
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Leadership
good entry level company
AR Associate (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDMay 21, 2018
moving within the company is not easily accomplished. Once you are in a "niche", it's hard to move to another department. I was able to travel to and from this company easily by bus.
Pros
good benefits, on bus line
Cons
high percentage of upper management turn around
May 24, 2018

Glad to hear that you've had a positive experience with the benefits Erickson Living offers our employees, and you have an easy commute to work each day. There are current several initiatives underway at our company to ensure we are retaining the very best managers-we encourage you to reach out to your existing leaders to talk through your personal career goals and plans.

Productive workplace filled with kind people
Companion Aide (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJDecember 7, 2018
-- There wasn't a typical day at work because every day was different. I saw different people each day.
-- I learned how to care for people with a variety of needs including vision, hearing, pet care, meal preparation and housekeeping.
-- Management was great, very helpful and supportive.
-- Workplace culture: relaxed, but there wasn't much time to go from resident to resident.
-- The hardest part of the job was having enough time to get to each resident I had to see.
-- The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the elderly population.
Pros
Working with the elderly
Cons
Short breaks
December 10, 2018

We appreciate your kind comments about your work experience at our Cedar Crest community in NJ-it's very rewarding to know you felt the culture and management were a fit and supportive of employees. There's no better way to ensure that our residents receive exceptional care than satisfied, engaged employees.

Erickson expects one person to do 3 jobs for one salary.
Assistant General Manager (ASG) (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 23, 2018
Stressful workplace...Newly hired managers asked ro do 3 jobs before they learn their own job due to high turnover.

PROS-- Salary and Benes competitive

CONS-- Poor Management; Disorganized; Hired for one job but expected to do three jobs because of high turnover.
March 27, 2018

While it's good to hear that you have found the salary and benefits competitive in your role, it's equally important that your experience levels out in terms of ongoing training and mastery of the role you were hired for. Addressing turn over is a key component of making sure managers can consistently focus on leading their teams to provide exceptional care to our residents. We'll continue to put a laser focus on this across our entire company.

Good place to be
UTILITY WORKER / PREP COOK / LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2018
The place clothed and fed me for six years, good place to be. I was promoted numerous of times. They were very patient with me. They value hard work. Good benefits
June 1, 2018

Great to hear your experience at our Highland Springs community in Dallas was so positive. We're very appreciate of your 6 years of service to our residents-and that you were able to benefit from career and promotional opportunities. Our success in delivering on our mission of helping people live better lives is due to our dedicated employees.

Staff constantly leaving
Resident Life (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 10, 2018
Many employees have left in the last few years but, sadly, nothing changes. The residents are terrific people and deserve better.
Some managers are great, some are alarmingly terrible. I think Brooksby would benefit from bringing in an outside consultant to help as it seems it's worse each year. I also think a lot of people have been there a long time and are just there, not really helpful but instead blending in with the residents and just seem to walk around all day.
Pros
free lunches a few times a year
Cons
long hours, no support
October 19, 2018

We're reminded each day how terrific our residents truly are, and the rich lives and experience they provide us here at Erickson Living. As with residents, we also know that our employees deserve our very best each day in terms of providing strong and caring leadership that mirrors our values of respect and caring, teamwork, and excellence. Your specific comments will be shared with our Brooksby leadership team for follow-up.

Terrible place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New providence NJMarch 11, 2018
DONT DO IT!
-Management have no problem over working you with terrible pay.
- Only company that punishes you for using sick time!
-CEO & directors have favoritism to certain employees!!
-after basically harassing HR for 6months for my yearly raise, I never received it.
March 15, 2018

We appreciate your candor on a work experience that did not meet your expectations, or the high standards we set for ourselves at Erickson Living. Our values and behaviors are dedicated to respect and caring, excellence and teamwork, and it's disappointing when we know we've missed the mark. Your feedback will certainly be shared so that we deliver a very best experience for our employees and most importantly, our residents.

it's fun to be around the gym
riderwood retirement community (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 3, 2018
working over there was good in the beginning, things was going pretty great but i feel like this job don't give enough hours and they don't pay you enough. we work really hard everyday and a lot of us are part time students we be going late a lot and make the same amount of money. i need a better that can help me pay for school and my car, bills in my house.
Pros
we get free lunch sometimes
Cons
our break are 15 or 30 minutes when you come early
Fun workplace, but stressful.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIDecember 26, 2017
This job has great co-workers, but the management is kind of poor. As a housekeeper, you have to call for the manager and/or security in order to be let in to clean an apartment and both are reluctant to help. Managers are always busy along with security. The residents are very kind and some give unreasonable timing for cleaning, but it's a good work environment if you can handle fast pacing.
Pros
Good breaks, benefits
Cons
Poor management, unreasonable timing in between appointments
December 28, 2017

We'll continue to work to bring great team members to our Erickson Living communities-we know that is what helps us deliver on our mission of helping people live better lives. Glad to hear your co-worker and resident experiences were positive ones, and yes, we'd definitely acknowledge the fast pace that's required to serve others. Training for managers remains a top priority at all of our communities-that's how we'll inspire and retain the very best employees.

Windcrest is AWESOME!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 11, 2018
I love working here at Windcrest! Awesome team, great benefits and the residents make the job incredibly rewarding. I would reccomend to anyone! Great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erickson Living. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight