Erickson Living
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Erickson Living Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Found 11 reviews matching the search with 9 related reviews.
I was initially excited to work for this company..unfortunately I encountered one problem after another affecting integrity and my motivation ; I was never trained and left on my own to deal with issues and explain them to residents without knowing what I was saying. I was training myself for 4 months. The was no GM and the interim GM was never there.. except for 3 hrs per day. Being a 10 year veteran no one cared nor said a thing. The hiring system does need some work. Anyone that applies gets the job. People that truly care about their job, go unrecognized. The worse part is their HR department; Arrogant, inefficient, They walk around and see you as if they belong to a high society not allow to talk or greet anyone they pass by or visit their office. Extremely rude and arrogant. Bad employees threat you w HR if you attempt to discipline them. Many get away w stealing and Sanitation and safety procedures are poor. I’m astonished there hasn’t been a fatality for from a resident dying of food poisoning. I am not exaggerating nor making these comments out of bitterness. I wish someone would walk around kitchens and Coolers w a hidden camera.
Pros
Great atmosphere with residents, life balance
Cons
HR department, overall management
I really loved my job and helping out residents. The residents make the career worthwhile. Management does not care. This is not an inclusive environment. It's just a business trying to fill their units without concern for staff and residents.
Broken promises they say one thing and do another. Pay is horrible work load stressful there are some good people but overall every person for him self
Great as a first job but I wouldn’t recommend staying there longer than a year as a server. The raise isn’t even $.50 and HR kind of doesn’t help either.
Pros
The residents and some co-workers
Cons
Ashby Ponds was a good place to work, made good friends. Learn a lot about management. You will meet great residents also learn the value of caring for others
good
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
It was my co-workers and residence that really made this job worth while. While I was there there was a good sense of closeness, almost like a family. Everyone worked towards the common goal of providing good waiting service to the residence who most of the time had long and interesting stories to tell which made serving them all the more fulfilling. Ashby may not have been the best paying job but it was an enjoyable one.
Pros
Delicious food, great co-workers, residence
Cons
Minimum Wage, Can be Stressful
I really enjoy working at Erickson living, it’s a really nice place. The people there are nice, they have a lot of story’s to tell and I have a lot to learn from them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
October 19, 2018
Very glad to hear that your wait staff work experience at our Ashby Ponds community is such a positive one. We couldn't agree more that it's such a gift to learn from our incredible residents as well as team members. We hope you continue to enjoy this beautiful Erickson Living community, and thank you for creating a memorable dining experience!
pretends to be nice and over caring but is only looking out for themselves. Says that they have values but stabs people in the back. Says they promote from within but rarely ever does.
Don’t be fooled by the well managed lawns, fine dining and other distractions. The Aides on the 1st floor nursing unit are lazy incompetent rude mean.
Cons
A free for all. All the aides do are hide and eat left overs
December 28, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback. We are sorry to hear that your work experience did not live up to the high standards we set for ourselves across our company. Your specific feedback will be shared with the leaders at this community for their follow-up and action.
Although Erickson Living has person-centered care model, employees are not included. Roles are not clearly defined causing staff to work multiple jobs for little pay.
May 23, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations and feedback regarding some challenges you are experiencing at your community. Our person-centered care model is all about putting our residents first, and we surely know we must do the same with our very dedicated workforce, hence the "total rewards" approach to benefits you cited. Through our Erickson Values line, current employees may reach out for further discussion to address specific issues in their personal work experience. We consistently encourage these avenues for candor and progress and hope you will access them as best serves you.
I like working for this company. They work well with employees to accommodate their schedules via school or personal. They are really a nice place. For me it is the traveling that makes me dislike it a little.
Pros
Benefits for part timers, accommodating their employees
Cons
The drive