Ericsson Employee Reviews

Found 1,503 reviews matching the search See all 5,276 reviews
Good company for simulation based verification.
ASIC Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2018
• Applying formal verification on 5G products.
• Developing formal verification testplan.
• Writing SVA properties; debugging counterexamples, bounded proofs and inconclusive propertiesusing Jaspergold
• Collected formal coverage such as COI coverage and proof core coverage data on control paths such as FIFO, arbiters and address generation logic.
• Found ‘hard to reach’ corner case bugs in matured designs.
Don't wast your life
Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  BellevueNovember 20, 2018
If it's in Bellevue,WA this is what you should expect
* Culture of fear.
* Retaliation.
* Threats.
* Terrible management.
* Cultural inner circles.
* Friendship director positions.
* Working on Holidays/weekends.
* No stock purchase plans.
* Terrible health insurance.
* If you are lucky they get rid of you and you still get the severance package which is the only thing that seems to be good in that place (if you leave or force your way out you don't get it tough).

If after everything I've posted here you still decide to adventure yourself down there. Good luck and God bless you!!! you will need it.

Sincerely yours,

Someone who wasted long years in this terrible company.
Pros
free food for those who work on weekends
Cons
More than you can imagine.
high stress, high workload, CYA
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 6, 2018
The company culture was not at all supportive, thee workload was high, and the company focused on hiring more project managers than workers. The Network Integration Center wass offshored to Mexico City and Bangalore, India.

Rules and policies were over-ruled by executives at the drop of a hat, managers were reluctant to authorize exceptions in writing, and every issue turned into a finger pointing frenzy.

Pay and benefits were great, but not worth it. Run fast, run far.
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
work-life balance
Very Good Company
Network Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2018
*My job on a daily basis was to install communication circuits at the customer locations domestically and Internationally working with Local Exchange Carriers and Carrier Hotels at points of entry into the USA.
*I learned over 50 pieces of domestic and international communications equipment and platforms used in the industry.
*Management was direct and to the point.
*Work place culture was routine and business like.
*Learning all the complex communication equipment it was a challenge that I was able to completely learn.
*I enjoyed working with my co-workers and international communicators throughout the world as well as communicators here in the USA..
Pros
Learning the communications equipment.
Cons
I saw none.
Friendly and knowledgeable people. Good salary. Good work/life balance. Very specific and focused projects.
Software Developer / tester (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ 08807October 19, 2018
It is a great place to work with friendly and knowledgeable people. The job offers good salary and good work/life balance. Some jobs are very focused on specific projects and may not be good experience in the future job market. It's your responsibility to keep up with technologies and keep yourself marketable.
Pros
Good salary. Good work/life balance. Friendly and knowledgeable people..
Cons
Some job duties are very specific and may not help much in your resume.
Great place to work and would do it again
ICT Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 8, 2018
Loved working at Ericsson even though somedays were very long. Overall work balance was very positive. Benefits are premier and the culture I have always found to be positive.
The downside is that employment can be cyclical depending on how management is steering the ship. I saw many good people come and go while I personally lasted for 23 years until released on one of the latest down cycles. I would go back in heartbeat if given the option.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, culture, technology
Cons
employment can be cyclical. slow decision making
Generated multi-million businesses with high profitability through broader portfolio sales
DIRECTOR MEDIA SALES (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2018
Generated a profitable business of more than $600M for next generation SW and systems integration services for
Digital Network Security and IMS-VoLTE – IoT services with Virtualized IT-Cloud Platform.

Product Leadership: Owned multiple product line P&Ls and direct managed teams comprising of 50+ Software Engineers, Solution Architect, Solution Integrator, SW Delivery, Product Managers, Project Managers, and Solution Support.
Pros
Over all good
Cons
Excellent
best company structure I've experienced so far. they trust you to do your job.
Project Manager III, COW project/ POST maintenance (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 15, 2018
Worked from home for the entire 4 years that I was employed as a contractor. Most productive, happiest days of my working life. Since then, I have attempted to work from home at EVERY JOB.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
internal communication issues, left hand didn't know what the right was doing
Good training excelled my Growth in my Position
Switch Test Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
I had the opportunity to train with experience switch engineers who taught me the in and out of the MSC and BSC switches. Working with these engineers, everyday, allowed to me to gain confidence in performing my work without supervision. I became so proficient at my work that I was sent all over the United States to help and train other switch engineers.
Pros
lots of training, travel, company vehicle
Cons
away from weeks at a time
Good Company can be a great company
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Worked many years for Ericsson the first 12 to 15 years ok but after that the work life balance was removed at least from the are were I worked. It seems that being laid-off always ;loomed over your head.
Some management were not good at all. Also with in groups or departments there were hiring only for the same race.
Pros
Great and interesting work
Cons
No Work life balance, hard to take time off
unfair work compensation
Customer Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  NMESeptember 24, 2018
my feedback shouldn't be taken out of context, Ericsson provided me with great deal of experience and it got me to interact with my passion for technology and high tech, but i think due to their financial troubles i believe they have mistaken by twisting their own rules and resolved to hiring Engineers in temp contracts indefinitely, which what happened to me, as i was employed as an ARP (temporary employment) for the past 6 years in which i can see my peers of "local Ericsson Employees" develop in their careers and compensation while the temps dont get much, which was a huge demotivator for me personally.

despite the above , i wouldn`t have the experience i do now without working for them and for that iam much appreciative, but i think now its time for me try a new challenge.
Excellent job with excellent people
Telecommunications Technician and Tower Climber (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 1, 2018
If I didn't develop my fear of climbing towers, I would have retired from this company, incredible management too. They were very understanding when it came to my newly developed fear, and worked with me to get my affairs in order prior to leaving.
Pros
company credit card, for meals and lodging
Cons
almost never home
Ericsson provided challenges and recognitions to the people who provided results. This really motivates employees.
Manager, GSM/TDMA Configuration Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Everyone morning begins with meetings with Sweden and other collaborating global regions. We go over our key objections and action updates. We then work on our actions within our teams and customers.

What I learned is that today we must collaborate and innovate as a team!

I was part of the management team and we usually reported to steering groups to ensure our focus and business with our customers line with our business.

Hardest part of the job was when we needed to collaborate with Asia Pacific countries due to such a huge difference of time.

I really enjoyed working with many international regions and customers.
Pros
Great bonuses and recognitions.
Cons
There is no 40 hr week
Contract Program for External Contract Employees
Supply Revenue Accountant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 22, 2018
The external contract employees makes people take off once a year for six weeks that is harmful to one's living expenses. Although the salary and compensation was great, the benefits could have been more comparable to the benefits external, contract employees received.
Pros
Salary and compensation was great
Cons
Once a year departure from company for six weeks was detrimental
good place to work
Senior staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2018
Top wireless network HW and SW to build networks. As a planning consultant representative for the USA (south east area) i was responsible for wireless network design and optimization consulting, training engineers, marketing & sales support. I was involved of Roll out of RAN & AMR technology (GPRS, WAP, and Mobile IP up to WCDMA).
N/a
Director Technical Solutions Service Sales (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 14, 2018
Review schedule for the day. Read any email's and respond to leadership or urgent issues. Follow up with providing guidance on any outstanding issues, direction setting. Attend meetings and take actions. Review challenges or new issues and take appropriate actions. Follow up with key initiatives with critical time frames. Keeping up with emails. Managing a team of professionals and recognizing the results of their efforts under my guidance.
Great products, few good people but, lots of internal politics!
Pre-Sales Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍOctober 10, 2018
Enjoyed working here and learning ins/outs of telecom and mobile service provider worlds but, certain regions are riddled with political corruption ;(
Pros
Great products & services but, lack of openness is costing them!
Cons
Too many hierarchies, closed-box systems and regional mafias!
It was a learning experience
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoNovember 14, 2018
As a recently graduate student, Ericsson gave me the opportunity to travel and develop as a Marketing Coordinator. I travel to Sweden to help lunch marketing campaigns, and develop marketing material to Spanish speaking markets.
Pros
Excellent Learning opportunity.
Cons
Company was bough out by Sony.
Too many management changes
Site Acquisition Manager/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Things changed every day, managers too. Not good.
I was hired as a contractor) with the understanding that I would work remote. When a new manager came aboard, that changed and I felt it was unfair that it was mandatory for me to drive 120+ miles a day to go to the office when that was not the agreement when hired.
Great Company to Learn Project Management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAOctober 19, 2018
Ericsson is overall a good company to work for on a variety of fronts. The people are excellent despite challenges in organizational culture and work place politics. One strong point is that they are very diverse and support diversity which adds to the strength of their workforce.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
42K

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

93%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss