Ericsson Employee Reviews

Found 1,523 reviews matching the search See all 5,439 reviews
nice environment of work
TX FO NOC engineer (Former Employee) –  Egypt, ARMarch 23, 2019
Interface directly with the customer(Vodafone)
Take all tasks from the customer and distribute it on our sub-contractors
Prepare the tasks technically and prepare its materials
Control and manage the teams in terms of time management ,quality ,safety
Take all performance reporting from site supervisors and discuss them with my managers to enhance their performance monthly
Awesome environment
Solution Architect and Implementation consultant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 21, 2019
Challenging projects, working on vision & roadmaps was as exciting as my first project. Learned different technologies. Workplace culture is good. Benefit were huge.
Technology Architect (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2019
Great benefits, great leave opportunities for parents, overall great environment for employees. Definitely changing everyday, not quite as family based anymore
Typical working day
Support Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TexasMarch 18, 2019
A typical working day, consist of checking the ticketing application for customer issues, contact customer and provide updates on current issues. Work with other engineer groups to test new products. Test new loads for customers on routers and switch labs. Train on latest technology on routers.

Learn how to communicate with other engineering in other countries. Trained in DWDM, (CISCO, Juniper, Extreme routers)
Also, train in Oracle database, Linux and UNIX sun systems
Learn to be innovative in approaching solutions for customers
Obtaining my Cisco certifications

The working culture is to be decisive, know how your products work and apply initiative solutions for customer. Management allowed engineers to base decisions on knowledge learned and tried.

Waking up at 2 or 3am in the morning to answer a high priority calls.

Training in another country for a product, learning DWDM and CISCO and Juniper,
Pros
Company promotes learning to accomplished job
Cons
requires being on call several times a month
Great Place
Construction Manager II (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INMarch 16, 2019
I like Ericsson and if They offered me full time I would take it. I know the work and love working for Ericsson.I like the people and I like the company a lot.
Pros
Good company and people
Cons
N/a
Average Work Day
Field Integrator, Verveba (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 15, 2019
Wake up 7a.m. You may have a schedule don't even know if you are working that day so you have to wait around for a schedule and you were unable to charge wait time so sometimes schedule may come at noon and you have to drive 2 hours away and work 10 hours and then drive back 2 hours home

Main reason for me leaving is that they don't respect your time and my have to travel for next project
Pros
Nobody over your shoulder while you are working
Cons
No security, No advancement
Good place to work if you like your works...
Sr. System Interconnect Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 13, 2019
Ericsson provides an excellent benefit...However, it does not fit well for hardware engineers. Good team work communications but no career goal set...
Pros
Excellent benefit
Cons
Lack of direct management...Too many politics!
Global company with lots of potential
Software Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 13, 2019
Ericsson's future largely rests with the adoption and rollout of 5G technologies. Areas of the company that are related to this core business are well-funded and have great potential for growth.
I love work there
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoFebruary 28, 2019
It was a great place to work, I worked for Ericsson Dominican Republic, I was the project assistant for RALAM I create sales order and keep them in order.
Productive and fun place to work
Installation Technician II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 25, 2019
The company is diversified and have a great culture. The different companies that use Ericsson's services provide a rich culture of products the allow anyone to be up to date on today's changing technology.
Cons
yearly bonuses
Professional
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  ohioFebruary 24, 2019
Provided the training needed to expand my knowledge across a wide spectrum wireless services. Every manager I worked with was very knowledgeable and helpful when resolving various issues that may occur.
Pros
medical benefits
It was a good experinece
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍFebruary 21, 2019
Ericsson is a great company and still the leading in the Telecom field, however, due to its size and spread out, I think the management in Sweden has lost control over the regional office's management which are somehow run independently as long as they deliver their numbers. As a result, local offices management have full control and power over the local staff without check and balance
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Lack of fair opportunity to all people
Envirronement de travail constament en Amelioration
Spécialiste Sécurité des systèmes d'information (Current Employee) –  AlgerFebruary 20, 2019
La simplification de la vie des employés au sein de l'entreprise est une des preocupations majeurs du management. Le quotidien de l'employé est en constante amelioration.
it is good place to work
Test and Data Translations engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TX and Plano, TexasFebruary 14, 2019
I worked at Ericsson for 9+ years, advancement was steady but slow. I was offered many opportunities for professional self improvement but great part of it was useless.
excelent company
Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 11, 2019
It is excelent company They gave a lot of way to collaborate with peers, excelent compensation, excelent hardware and software, very knowlegeble management,
Pros
excelent company
Cons
it is not american company
Professional enviroment
Site Acquisition Manager II (SAM) (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 10, 2019
I have progressed and massed a lot knowledge and experience in my role of Site Acquisition Manager-SAM !!. The environment at Ericsson is very team oriented and professional.
Pros
Professional atsomphere
Cons
Laid off due to lack of work
Not much room for advancement
Global Category and Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 7, 2019
Ericsson is very much a niche company, not open to hiring individuals from different lines of work or businesses. Very little opportunity to expand your career.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
No career development
Good people, but downhill benefits and compensation.
Project Planner (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 6, 2019
There are some great people to work with and for. It's not easy to get a promotion and compensation stays stagnant. I have been here for almost 10 years, for half the time Ericsson was not doing well. But we have been doing well for the last couple of years. Even after great performance, "policy" prevents me from being compensated fairly.
Completely changed for the worst in the later years
Regional Price Manager (Former Employee) –  El SalvadorFebruary 4, 2019
When I first joined, the company provided an amazing work place and great training, and promised many advancement opportunities.

A few years later it began to worsen fast and became a completely different company where the only thing that mattered was the bottom line, and concepts like "work life balance" and "employee recognition" went out the window.

In my last years there I saw many many co workers get fired, not because of bad performance, but simply because they were too expensive to keep. Finally, it was my turn to be let go so someone younger and cheaper could replace me.
Pros
Used to be great, maybe someday it will again.
Cons
A total organizational mess.
Great Company to Work For if you live in the Plano Area
Site Acquisition Manager II (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 2, 2019
The commute is very far for employees not residing in the area. The management was sub-par, there were some managers better than others. The most difficult part of the job was not enough resources to fit the workload.
Pros
Great benefits/Employee Driven
Cons
Commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
42.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ericsson.

Powered by Comparably