Ericsson Employee Reviews

Good company bad local management
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 8, 2018
Local management within Managed services is shaky and that's being nice.

It used to be a much better place to work but with changes in contracts for managed services and the lack of getting additional customers has made it a dark place to work. If you aren't solely under NCFS then you probably feel somewhat safe but it's an illusion currently.
Pros
good conpensation and work/life balance
Cons
increasing workloads and constant lay offs
Tse
SERVICE DELIVERY TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalMay 8, 2018
Indeed values your feedback.
When writing your review, please consider the following guidelines:

Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide details about why you liked or disliked working at the company
Ensure any facts you include in your review are true and accurate
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Terms of Service
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other companies, offers, or websites
Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information
Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
Allegations of illegal activity - this is not a forum for reporting crimes
Defamatory content
Enjoy writing your review!

Close this window
fun place to work, challenging work load
Network Operations Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 7, 2018
Ericsson is positive work place but because of man power issues, the shift schedules aren't the best. Working night and day hours can get tiring.
The work is challenging and at times demanding. Working at the switch sites require knowing the logistics, building guidelines, Fire suppression equipment and maintaining the sites back up generator. Diesel Fuel storage tank, requirements, entrance facilities from the local Electric Company, Telephone Companies, Landscaping, etc. I
Pros
working conditions are excellent
Cons
man power was an issue, mostly working on a skeleton crew.
High Stress Constant Layoffs
National Technical Assistance Center Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 4, 2018
Too much oversight. No authority to make decisions, The overall culture was not encouraging or supportive. I would not recommend to a friend ..............
no comment
Incident Management/Recovery Team (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 4, 2018
Stressful the people who managed accounts for Ericsson were very rude never explaining things in great detail. I learned a lot at this company,but it was very stressful for the time I worked for the company. Service delivery Managers were always complaining about our team, blamed people on situations and outages that took place before my shift. Very political place to work for, Not good
Cons
Great office location, pay and benefits
Network Planning Manager I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 3, 2018
Ericsson is a good place to work if you are seeking a career in sales, or managed support services for telecom companies. It is very competitive, has good pay for the job, and a great benefit package. It also provides various training courses to further your skill set.
Pros
Good pay, training, and benefits
Cons
Competitive, Political, and no job security
Overall experience
Provisioning Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 3, 2018
I did enjoy the benefits from working at Ericsson. The health benefits were the best I have ever had and never had issues with working with my doctors,etc. Work balance was good since my hours were very flexible and I could work from home if necessary as well.
Pros
Great health vbenefits
Cons
I was laid off after 15 years of service.
low bar for acceptable work--relaced standards
Tech Writer III (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 2, 2018
Great benefits, average salary, low expectations for performance. Seems a little overextended, geographically dispersed. Too much global collaboration.
Was a good place to work
Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TX 75024May 1, 2018
Ericsson used to be a good place to work, I learned a lot in there and met many good people. But nowadays the environment is not the same a lot of things happened, leadership team changed, company structure changed also a little of the culture. Everyone needs to become sales professional now.
Good group of guys
Microwave Radio Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 27, 2018
Co-workers and leadership were really laid back and down to earth. Everyone there was willing to lend a helping hand and to help train. There was always plenty of work to go around.
A once great company
System Development Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 22, 2018
Ericsson has fallen on hard times, and lack of planning by executive leadership led to a lengthy stall in sales, causing a rapid decline of market share and revenue.
The company needs a strong position as they reorganize in efforts to reduce costs. Unfortunately, decisions so not come quickly in Ericsson and they continue to fall further behind.
Ericsson
Business Operations Manager II (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 22, 2018
Ericsson is a great place to work. Employees are provided with an opportunity to be challenged by their role, advance their career, and continue education through Ericsson offered courses or outside universities. Compensation and benefits are excellent.
A good place to work...but...
Switch Technician/Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 21, 2018
I was only with Ericsson for less than 2 years around 2010 - they had just taken on Sprint's engineering staff. There were lots of changes going on with all the buy-outs and changes...which eventually led to more lay-offs. I left to start working at AT&T before the axe caught up with me.
Pros
access to training
Cons
job security
Working in Ericsson
Service Delivery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Provincia de PanamáApril 20, 2018
Ericsson is a good company, by being an intercultural company the WoW and the day by day relations differ each day. Every day there is something new happening. It is a good place to learn, you have many tools available for your professional development.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Customer Focused
Partner (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 18, 2018
Benefits were great, work environment was always stressful worrying about whether or not jobs would be there from day-to-day. Ericsson worked as a contractor for Sprint so if work was not there, then jobs were reduced on a regular basis.
Pros
Work From Home, Benefits
Cons
Constant job security questions, lay offs
Over all a OK company
IT Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 17, 2018
On a daily basis, My Co-worker are pleasant to work with and we make a good team. The environment is stressful and Ericsson has Managers over departments that they have no experience in and making decisions not based on IT expertise. Many Layoff in the recent months has co-workers having to pick up the loss which is tough in an IT 24/7 365 environment. I can only speak for the IT/operations, but I know other departments have had layoff as well.
I hope Ericsson can move back to a position that is in favorable in Work/Home balance again.
Pros
Co-Workers Pleasent
Cons
Work/Home Balance, Management
Very good company to work with, nice enviroment y good pay
Customer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAApril 17, 2018
Competitive salary, very good environment with team building events.
Great benefits overall with many options to grow and develop new skills. Opportunities to learn and perform new tasks.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometime poor Management
Poor Work Environment
Senior Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 17, 2018
Very Stressful work environment, constant restructuring & layoffs. Poor management style, with constant churn & attrition, No set goals & unachievable targets.
Pros
Provides employment
Cons
Work under stress & under threat of loss of employment.
my summary
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 14, 2018
typical day? very busy, multiple projects, many meetings
learned? good learning environment
management? professional ran organization
workplace: very much multi-cultural
hardest part: seemingly constant rumor of layoffs
most enjoyable: working with excellent teams and satisfying customers
Pros
benefits; salary; work opportunities
Cons
balanced life; job uncertainty
Ericsson
Network Operations Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 13, 2018
Great benefits until 2018. Always worried about getting let go. Learned that it doesn't matter how hard you work, its always about the executives and your career is in their hands. You have to play the corporate political game.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.9K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

63out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ericsson.