Erie Community College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unfair
Professor and Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 13, 2018
No room for advancement. Too much politics and insulting pay for the amount of education and experience I have. A lot of work outside is required that is not paid.
Pros
Students
Cons
Unfair pay, political environment, no benefits
friendly place to work
Mathematic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 29, 2018
I've been work there for almost 3 years. It is a fun place, meet different students everyday and help them successfully improve the math skill. So far i personally have no complains working there except the salary is lower than other college's tutors.
Pros
easy work, no stress, freedom
Cons
low pay, no benefit
Productive and fun work environment
Library Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NY 14127April 27, 2018
It is a very relaxed but productive workplace. My coworkers are all very friendly and everyone gets along. I highly recommend working here. Spots fill up fast though. This job gives you excellent clerical experience. Easy first-time job.
Decent place to work
Assistant Professor in Physics (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 7, 2018
With growing Infrastructure it is a good place to work.Staff is cooperative and friendly. North Campus part of the College is very spacious and safe as compare to its other branches.
It is a nice place to work but the salary is way too low
Assistant Professor of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, New YorkDecember 14, 2017
I like it here but the salary is low. My fellow faculty members are amazing people. The quality of students in our program is excellent. The majority of the students have returned to school after being in the work force and decided they are ready to tackle the rigors of the nursing program.
Adjunct Professor
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 9, 2017
Pay is low, but it's a decent place to work for a few extra dollars. It's as good as any other area college. No offices or place to work for adjuncts, i stay in my car until classes start.
Great Environment to Work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 13, 2017
Absolutely great environment to work in; all other employees in the building are friendly; safe, clean place to work.

Believe they should pay more to their PT workers, especially tutors, or at least offer a chance to reach FT if desired.

Has both quick- and slow-paced moments throughout a shift, depending on the hours and events happening throughout the campus.
Pros
Safe
Cons
Wages
part time
Coach's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2017
Did it as work study in order to pay for housing and food. It was a really easy job. All I did was just check id at the front desk of the gym. Have fun!!
Great students!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYAugust 18, 2017
ECC has some great students and faculty. I'm hoping with our newly installed president, we will continue to see positive change and growth. I enjoy going to work everyday.
Pros
Working with college students.
Cons
Part time benefits and the lack of
Fun place to work
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 15, 2017
Meeting a lot of members with my same interest , which is working out and socializing . Meeting a variety of people.
The hardest part of the job is being a first responder to emergencies. Not knowing what kind of emergency you will be approaching and respond with your training.
Part time employment
Senior Account Clerk- Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 11, 2017
Great if you are looking for a part time position with no benefits. There is no advancement or opportunity to achieve goals. Full time employees are civil service.
Best College Ever.
Computer Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 10, 2017
Great school with bunch of teachers who really wants you to be successful in life. Really good environment and good students in all three campuses. Definitely recommend anyone to join.
Great opportunity for students, not for experienced veterans
CITS Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJune 22, 2017
I was a bit overqualified for this position and took it as a temporary employment opportunity to find a new position. My temp status was commonly brought up when I needed to take time off and my boss was unaccommodating when I made requests to do so. The job entailed tutoring students with homework related to technology assistance, specifically with computer and printer questions or support. Not a bad temporary gig.
Pros
Consistent schedule, not too busy
Cons
not very interactive, boss was passive aggressive
Vocational Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 21, 2017
ECC was a very calm and relaxed environment. I worked there as a work-study. Everyone seemed very friendly and the main focus was to make sure that the student's needs were taken care of.
Independence
Human Services (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 19, 2017
Supportive management and staff. Great educational opportunity. Passionate about clients and meeting their needs. Always work to ensure client care is paramount.
Very Productive place to work and heavily involved with the community
Student Assistant Transportation Department (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2017
I not only worked at Erie community college but I was also a student. ECC made a huge difference for my future y providing me with the skills I need in pursuing any career field.
friendly working environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 8, 2017
Teachers are very helpful to new employees and students are very nice. It is a very friendly working environment. I like this school, the coworkers and the students.
I enjoyed my job but there was no unity
CLEANER (Former Employee) –  north campusApril 21, 2017
as an employee at ECC I took pride in my work because it speaks for me. I was employed there for 10 years, upon losing my sister in March 2016, not being aware of the intense grieving process that was taking place. I would not expose my emotions to the public I would sit in my car uncontrollably crying after punching in, about 4 days in a row for a few minutes. I was accused of stealing county time and cause for immediate termination. No verbal warning, suspension, or write up....
Pros
good pay
Not whats expected
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 18, 2017
Usually a job with the county or any government body sounds like reasonable money and good security. But here could be further from the case. There truly are no good moves here and the way the place is run is bizmal to say the least. I would love to not be this person and bad mouth my working instutition
A day for a Call Center Rep is always busy answering phones...never a dull moment.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 19, 2017
I learned how to work a switchboard phone at ECC, take phone calls, complete mailing tasks my Customer Service Skills grew because of this job and how to maintain a good GPA while being on the work study program.
Pros
It gave me a lot of my Customer Service experience.
Cons
It was hard to maintain my same average each semester to stay on the Work Study Program.