Erie Construction Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Satisfying compensation for hard work in the field
Erie Representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 27, 2018
Erie offers a multitude of positions to hire into as well as offering latitude of how you grow by only promoting and hiring within the company. I knock doors, so yeah.
Pros
Seeing many doors across CT
Cons
2nd shift
I used to love it here
Scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 26, 2018
I loved my job at Erie. I was good at what I did, and made a lot of money. The past year, the company has went through a lot of changes. Some for the better, some not so good. I was employed there for 2.5 years. I was always told by management I did awesome. They ended up hiring a new boss, because our old one is getting ready to retire. The new boss that was there for 3 days had let me go. With no questions asked. He did not know the position I was hired into, or what my job was, nor did he ask me any questions about why and how I did things. I got recognized in a big company meeting about how great I'm doing then 2 days later get blind sighted with getting let go. I had no words, I did see myself there for many years. However I have saw some really hard working amazing people get screwed by them. I just never thought it would happen to me. No ones job is safe there. They are constantly going through changes and some people just do not have a fair chance.
Pros
Money, schedule flexibility
Cons
No ones job is safe, even if you get told youre doing everything right. That is what we all call the "erie way"
Great place to start your Sales Career
Assistant Marketing Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 23, 2018
Erie Construction is a great place to start your sales career. If you like meeting people directly, with a smile and a hand shake you will love this place. It is just time for me to advance my career to a stable growing company without the door-to-door activity. I wish to advance in a professional, stable and growing corporation with great benefits for medical, 401(k) and pension plans.

I wish anyone that starts at Erie the best of luck. It is competitive and that is the part that kept me at the top of the leader board for sales every quarter.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Knocking on doors in the winter
Great Work Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 23, 2018
Erie Construction has been a great place to work. The environment is great, my co-workers are amazing and I overall enjoy coming to work. Every day there are new challenges that keep you on your toes.
Pros
Great employees, Great Environment
Love this place
Marketing Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 22, 2018
Erie construction has taught me endless amounts of knowledge regarding life and sales. If you want to make it in sales, this is a great stepping stone to further your career and make new friends in the industry.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 22, 2018
The people here are great and very friendly. Plenty of room for growth and leadership that helps you do so. Coworkers are always pushing and helping you to become better.
Pros
Money, exciting, growth, management, bonuses, office events, insurance
Cons
Driving, hours
Erie Construction
Sales (Canvas) (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 20, 2018
This company trained me in sales and has helped me grow in the field immensely. They taught the art of the trade and helped to no have an extensive resume in sales. They are an understanding and helpful company to work for. Great bosses and people to work with. Thanks to this company I have been able to move my way up into the sales world and believe I have a bright future in sales.
Pros
great people, chance for growth, raise opportunites
Cons
occasional long hours
Winning every day
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 20, 2018
Erie Construction is not only a great company to do business with, but also a great opportunity for employment. They teach you how to lead by example and reach for the sky. Management takes each employee under their wing and grooms them for success. The atmosphere provides a great sense of comradery between co-workers and each individual helps one another grow both personally, and professionally on a day to day basis.
Pros
Advancement opportunity and competitive pay
Team Atmosphere
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 19, 2018
The greatest thing about Erie construction is that their is not a single stranger inside the building. We all work together and it feels like a family. I've been here for 5 years and continue to grow as an individual and as a whole. Erie construction is a great place to work and to learn. I recommend Erie to my family and friends.
Pros
Family n Fun
Relaxing and very
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 16, 2018
I like working at Erie because you can be yourself you don’t have to pretend to be someone your not it’s very relaxing if you give it your all you will love it too.
Love working for Erie construction.
Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 15, 2018
Erie construction is a great place to work. Advancement opportunities and growth are available. Amazing environment. Very fun and competitive. Highly recommend..
Pros
Money, fun atmosphere, potential for advancement, career opportunities.
Cons
Offset set schedule to the typical 9-5 or first and second shift jobs.
Productive and competitive
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2018
It’s a tough job if people do not want to work hard and late at night. The job is for those who want to make a lot of money and are super competitive. The work culture is fun with people willing to help each other a lot.
Pros
Leads are set for us. Get to go to different places everyday, competitive, good work culture
Cons
Long hours, lots of driving
Fun and Developmental Work Enviroment
Installation Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work and grow. I have worked in several construction based businesses, most of them just want you to be great at what you do, but don't care about your forward movement. At Erie they provide chances to help develop other people and advancement within the company. The office environment definitely varies from office to office but in general its like a fun dysfunctional family and provides a daily dose of comedy and challenges.
Pros
Advancement, fun, and pay
Fastest growing technologicaly advanced sales company in the home remodeling world!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2018
I have been with Erie for close to 2 years now. I have hands down increased my income from previous that I’ve held. Great chance to earn 6-figures in this position. We sell permanent home remodeling solutions that can truly benefit any and all home owners.
Pros
Income, benefits, Educational experience
Cons
Long hours, weeks
Love my career
Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 14, 2018
There is no greater satisfaction than loving what you do, finding a career you can grow within, and a great family owned company to support you.

Six months in I knew I could retire here and have never felt differently.
Pros
No ceilings
Cons
You have to work hard to be great
Fun, challenging, and rewarding
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 13, 2018
I have been with Erie Construction for going on two years now and for the most part I love my job. As a sales rep, I sell superior products unmatched in the industry. Erie provides excellent training to help you succeed. I have grown so much as an independent business person. I enjoy the financial rewards: commission, incentives, bonuses, and benefits. I also enjoy the people I work with, the independence, and the competitive/fun work atmosphere. I was looking for something different then the standard rat race punching the clock for "the man" where I earned what I was worth...I found that at Erie.
Pros
compensation, fun atmosphere, incentives
Cons
work/life balance sometimes
Great place for competitive natured professionals
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 13, 2018
Clear cut training method that is memorization first and application second. Competitive, rewarding, and exciting. Lots of talk about advancement and they take care of their new guys who are willing to put in the work.
Pros
Make substantial income
Cons
Non motivated individuals need not apply
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 13, 2018
Erie Construction is a great company to work for. From the owner all the way down to the reps, there is constant support and training to help develop each individual. Every person that comes through the door has the opportunity to open their own office. The pay/bonuses are very lucrative. This is truly a job that you will get out exactly what you put into it. The days are long but you are really only “working” 6-8 hours a day. You have your freedom throughout the day and not constantly micro managed. Training and developing their staff is a top priority for all of the managers at Erie. Their idea of success is when their staff is successful! If you are motivated to become a better salesman, this company will test your skills but also help you develop new ones.
Pros
Employee freedom, good pay, consistent support/training
Cons
Long days
Excellent job for a sales pro
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 13, 2018
Just completed an excellent training with the company, they definately give you all of the tools for success! Great job so far!I would definitely recommend working for Erie!
Management Sucks and the company is greedy and shady
Canvaser (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 12, 2018
The management team here is a joke. Very little support from above. Very little professionalism, a lot of bigotry. Very poor work environment, employee is not a valuable assets to the company. Overall a greedy company that will look for every way possible to milk more money out of employees and costumers. I would stay very far away. One of the worst companies I’ve worked for,
Pros
Some good coworkers, working outside
Cons
Short breaks, management and ownership, working outside, lack of value for the employee