Erie Construction Employee Reviews

This company is a joke
Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 18, 2019
Worked there said id have training in the field. The next day trys to make me do things the manager cant even do. Very unprofessional. Just a joke of a compnay all around.
good
Sales Representatiive (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 10, 2018
its door to door canvassing so if you're cool with people yelling at you for no reason this is a pretty relaxed job. you pretty much sit in the van most of the day while you drive to neighborhoods around the state. make sure you like the people you're working with.
There's a ping pong table in office
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45414November 1, 2018
A typical day at work would be arriving at the office at noon having a meeting for about 30 minutes to an hour. Getting into a company Van and Driving to a City that your manager would want you to work. There is a lot of walking. And talking to strangers
Pros
Have opportunity to get sales bonuses and Demo bonuses
Cons
A lot of walking. Memorizing a script.
Great Bonuses
Canvassing Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of going to different cities throughout Missouri and Illinois to talk to clients who were in need of home improvement and selling them on our company.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Travel Often
If your Competitive this is the Job for You!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 13, 2018
Been with Erie over two years now and feel fortunate to be part of the STL team. Plentiful qualified leads, good consistent pay, fun atmosphere with competitive feel. Great group of guys a lot of fun to be around. The current General Manager has been with company for over 10 years and I think that helps a lot. Just like all sales jobs its not for everyone. You MUST be tough minded and able to take the good with the bad. Management is very fair but at end of day you have to hold up your end of the bargain with performance. Leads are provided so no cold calling you'll get anywhere between 2-4 per day. Won't talk to every person/lead you get but we consistently sit and company offers financing-they buy very deep! Most guys work 5 days a week but they have leads just about every day. First 30 days are the toughest learning but they fly new hires to Ohio for corporate training all expenses paid! Also get training pay. People that have competitive backgrounds and love competition typically do best. If your looking for opportunity to make a lot of consistent money and find career path this is the job for you. Management makes money directly off you so they have real drive to want to make you successful. Great support system here. Company trip this year is to Aruba. They do one every year last year it was Mexico! Oh and also- Growth potential is endless especially if you can close!
Pros
weekly pay, monthly bonuses, fun atmosphere, trips
Cons
working most evenings but have legitimate opportunity to make $80K + 1st year!
Great Career Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 31, 2018
This is a very competitive, lucrative and flexible career opportunity in sales. I have worked for this company for a year and all of my expectations have been exceeded. You earn what you put into this job. I have worked very hard for Erie and have been compensated for all of my efforts. All of my managers have helped me advance my skill sets as sales person. Management has been very transparent with me and have been flexible with my goals and work life balance. My coworkers are also supportive and I have already built hopefully lifelong friendships with most of them. Erie is a solid company that offers industry-leading quality products. We are also competitively priced for comparable products, which gives us the competitive edge compared to the other home improvement companies in the area. Needless to say, I am very happy that I decided to move to St Louis to restart my career with Erie.
Pros
High pay based on performance. Great opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Long and late days
Only the strong enough need to apply.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 31, 2018
Only the strong enough need to apply. If you were good it in home sales this is the company for you. I’ve been in sales for a long time and nobody tops their compensation there relaxed atmosphere they’re good quality training that they provide for you. They provide all the leads so no cold calling. You get paid what you’re worth.
Pros
Unlimited potential
Cons
Unlimited potential
Motivating work environment
Representatives (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
Great company awesome people to work with your not at the same place every day get to meet new interesting people all the time with this job you get what you put in
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not for you if you dont like to drive
Productive, Fast Paced, Great Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
Management here is wonderful! Everyone here has an extreme amount of experience and knowledge of all products in the industry. Workplace atmosphere is better than anywhere I've worked before. Our sales manager, service manager and install manager are second to none in the industry! Any issues that may arise are handled with perfect manners and compassion to all involved. The sales team and install team work hand in hand with one another producing the perfect team! Service manager's knowledge is at an elite level. Customers are constantly calling and giving above and beyond reviews! Everyone here works hard to maintain the Erie name and reputation. We are "FAMILY" not co-workers!
Pros
Wide variety of homes and areas in differant states! Povided company vehicle and gas card
Cons
Long hours and company vehicle inadequate for position
Work hard play hard
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
This job is not for everyone. It is a difficult career but is extremely rewarding for those that stick to it. I've been working for erie for less than two years and have already been promoted. If you have natural drive to succeed you will. If you don't want to work hard every single day then don't apply
Pros
Great pay, opportunity for advancement
Great Opportunity / Great Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PittsburghAugust 31, 2018
I could work for anyone, but choose to work for Erie. Their product and service can’t be matched in the industry. Great compensation and a fantastic team!
Competitive and collaborative place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
This has been the best sales environment I've experienced. It is highly competitive, yet collaborative. We push each other and help each other grow in our profession and financially. The work/life balance is up to you. The harder and smarter you work, the more you're rewarded. When you need time off, there has never been a problem. The management, at all levels wants you to succeed and provides the training and resources necessary for growth.
Pros
No limit to what you can achieve
Great company overall
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  PittsburghAugust 31, 2018
I’ve been at Erie for a little over 4 months now. I love the culture and environment of the company. I have lots of sales experience and have had many different sales jobs, however I can say that this one is the most fun and the most challenging.
Pros
Good pay, nice environment, management cares
Very good place to work
Assitant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
I can say With all sincerity that I feel very fortunate to have found this company. My 2+ years at Erie have been great. This is a place where your work and your contributions are recognized and rewarded. (A rare thing indeed these days) They/we care about our customers and our employees greatly. You will get back what you put in. There is room for advancement whether you want to learn or teach whatever you have to offer will be rewarded. wish I had found this company 10 years ago.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity. Finacialy rewarding cool people to work with
Cons
If I could think of onebI would tell you
Fast placed place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 31, 2018
Have been with the company for over 3 months now but have been in sales for over 7 years. By far is 1 of the best companies I have worked for. Management and co-workers don't hesitate to help you out in anything you need.
Pros
Competitive pay, work around personal schedule.
Awesome Career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 30, 2018
This is one of the best careers I have ever had. The effort you put in will base how successful you are within the company. The managers train you to succeed.
Pros
Individual sucess based upon individual effort
Cons
Long and inconsistent work hours
Best Company I've ever worked for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2018
I have had some horrible jobs, and some very untrustworthy managers/companies. Erie Construction is by far the best company I've ever worked for. Great co-workers, great managers.
Great Work Environment - Excellent Atmosphere
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 30, 2018
My experience working for Erie Construction the last Five-plus years has been an 11/10 experience. From the top flight compensation and lucrative bonus structure to the opportunity to qualify for company trips to warm & sunny destinations. There is nothing quite like being rewarded for your efforts and having the best coworkers around.
Pros
Pay, Bonus and Additional Incentives
Team member since 2002
Canvass Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 30, 2018
I have been with Erie Construction since 2002. Erie has been a phenomenal place to work with great leadership from top to bottom. Working here has helped me grow professional and personally since day 1. Looking forward to the years to come.
Pros
Continued growth
Productive and Fun!! $$
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 30, 2018
ERIE Construction is a fast paced, awesome place to work. Appointments are provided for you. No cold calling or door knocking as a Sales Representative. You absolutely get what you put into it this job. The potential of making money all depends on you. Great place to work and grow!!
Pros
Appointments provided for you. Bonus compensations. Gas card incentives
Cons
Long hours and Travel.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erie Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3