Erie County Medical Center Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Helping people from all backgrounds of life.
Chief Trauma Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2018
Erie County Medical Center is a Level 1 Trauma Hospital that serves right counties. We render True Care to patients and guest. Excellence of care is paramount.
This was great intern experience
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 28, 2018
I conducted an intern with the Erie County Medical Center. Interning with the County was very nice and very good experience coming directly out of college.
DISPATCHER/TRANSPORT (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 18, 2018
Job was very steady and fast paced, worked with a great group of people receiving calls to have patient moved from one destination to another. Gave out job assignments for transporters and housekeepers.
Great staff!!!
Nursing Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2018
I love working here. Great staff. ECMC culture is one like no other. The staff is usually always pleasant. The staff CARES here. Everyone will pitch in without a fight.
Honestly was a great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  462 grider stMay 27, 2018
Boss was very forgetful and often would put the blame on other people. Other than that the people within the area was friendly. You would want to wake up everyday and go to work.
Pros
Good people there
Cons
Fixed times, no flexibility
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2018
At ECMC I learned a lot about not only what it took to be an OT but also what it means to be great at anything in life. Nothing at ECMC was handed to me I had to work hard to be recognized at the internship.
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Awesome place to work.
Jr. Administrative Assistant, Laboratory Medicine (Current Employee) –  Laboratory MedicineMay 21, 2018
ECMC walks the walk and talks the talk. I love my job here. It is a great hospital with great physicians and nurses. Great place to work and be a part of something bigger.
Fast paced hospital
Registered Nurse -ICU Step (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2018
Fast paced understaffed hospital with a large population of poor uneducated and or homeless patients. Poor staffing led to un safe work environment. Hard to get time off approved due to lack of staff. Poor management.
Pros
Good work skills experience
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, poor staffing.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2018
I was only an intern, my experiences there were wonderful. As a recent interview for a position there, I realized how underpaid their staff was compared to what I am currently making.
Overall Fun, career based
Hospital Information & Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 2, 2018
I managed two separate departments at ECMC, overall it was a fast pace moving environment, due to being the only adult trauma center in WNY, there is always something going on. Overall the people can be very friendly, If your team orient you will go far, but sometimes due to the fast pace, you can get overwhelmed, and feel overlooked.
Pros
Get Benefits, career based with 401k, great healthcare
Cons
still healthcare, hours, competive, stressful environment at times

Want to know more about Erie County Medical Center Corporation?

Ask a question
The most enjoyable part of the job
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 21, 2018
I really liked to provide care to elderly patients (on geriatric psychiatric unit). I also utilized therapeutic communication with elderly patients with different mental illnesses and assisted them during occupational therapy sessions.
Terrible management and political in nature.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo nyMarch 10, 2018
No room for advancement unless you want to do anything “status quo”. The place just seeps nepotism and poor managerial decisions. They don’t care about patient care and best outcomes. They care about their profit margin.
One of the worst places I’ve ever worked. Very unprofessional management.
Favoritism runs rampant where management picks and chooses what to follow up on based on “who you know” or who you’re related to.
Punitive environment. Does not value work/life balance for its staff or management team.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list! Definitely don’t outweigh the pros
Interesting
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2018
You learned a lot on the job itself. Its not a job for everyone, it can be stressful and over whelming at times. Never a boring moment in the ER. Non stop job
Productive and a place to gain knowledge and compassion for others.
Front Desk Receptionist /CNA (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Why is my opinion required. I was gainfully employed for over 25 years. My first 4 years were not counted because I was on a grant. I loved the work that I did. Meeting and helping people from all walks of life. Having the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge during my tenure. Working alongside of people who were passionate and grateful as I were to be in a position to make a difference in someone else life and any way you could.
Best Place to Work 2018
RN Med/Surg/Behavior Health (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 3, 2018
learning environment, union, holiday, sick, personal leave days, management was excellent when you took the time to ask and are always willing to teach, "culture of care" for our patients, very fast paced, requires teamwork, most enjoyable part of the job was the complex diagnosis i became accustomed to level 1 trauma center, cannot beat the experience. Behavior Health care of excellence was able to work Medical/Surgical/Tele and Behavior Health d/t the the supervisors in the units willing to accommodate my need to continue learning and keeping my skills top notch.
Pros
always able to upgrade my skill set, NYS pension, unions
Cons
short staffed at times, but my unit always pulled together
Registered Charge Nurse/Assistant Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Great company to work for. Everyone is caring and works hard. It takes a lot of team work. Management is supportive and very resourceful. There's many opportunity for g growth.
Pros
Growth
Exciting workplace
Senior Patient Financial ServiceRepresentative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2018
Any position at the hospital takes a special kind of person and a level of commitment that shows individuals who are willing to work hard, care for patients and represent Erie County Medical Center in a professional and compassionate manner.
Pros
Working with other professional staff members
Cons
CSEA Union
Productive, busy, unprofessional workplace.
Dietary Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I worked there for a couple months. I thought I would work there longer but the management was terrible. They were extremely short staff. They didn't care about my health issues. I was in the hospital the night/day before my shift. I was supposed to work a 11am-7pm. I had a doctors note explaining that I was supposed to be resting for 2 days but the supervisors told me my doctors note didn't mean anything to them, the only way my doctors note would mean something is if I was to call off a few days in a row it would stop from being fired. I was basically told to choose between my health or my job and I stayed at work in pain. It got to point where even the nurses told me to quit I could find a better job. The supervisors did not know how to talk to their employees or treat them. If the management got their things together, hired more people it would be a great job.
Pros
40+ hours every week. Discount food. Great pay
Cons
Short staff, unprofessional management
Fast paced professional patient care
Transplant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Hospital environment - stressful at times but very fulfilling with coworkers and supervisors who are engaged and dedicated to providing compassionate patient care.
Pros
Civil Service Union Benefits
Cons
Availability of close parking
positive environment, team work
Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 1, 2018
The department I work in is a fast paced environment servicing the employees of ECMC. My team and I complete the employees annual health assessments, administer vaccines, assist them when they are injured, and review modified duty assignments.