Erie County Medical Center Corporation Employee Reviews

This was an enjoyable place to work
Finance Asst/Accts Payable-Accts Rec/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at ECMC would be:
Typing correspondence, data entry, filing, mail duties, copying, scanning, faxing, operated multiline telephone system, greeted visitors and employees, ordered all supplies for the Finance Dept, assisted with the processing of the bi-weekly paychecks.
Pros
Wonderful place to work with wonderful co-workers
Cons
No chance for advancement
wish I never moved
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I loved working at ECMC, I would recommend ECMC as a place of employment. The state benefits were very good, can't find that at most jobs nowadays!!!!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
location
Erie County Medical Center
Clinical Fieldwork I (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14215September 12, 2018
This was my first clinical rotation as a student physical therapist. It was a subacute unit with a well rounded diagnosis and population. My clinical instructor provided a well learning atmosphere. Overall staff communicated well each other and showed a well developed team.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
rude nurse manager
long time ago
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 5, 2018
I worked at this facility a very long time ago, I enjoyed the time I had when there. I performed the daily needs of my assigned residents, which included, dressing, showers, vital signs, record keeping, companion, use of bed pans
Great Experience
JUNIOR PERSONNEL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 4, 2018
ECMCC is a wonderful place to work! ECMCC lets you keep your work separate from your life. Coworkers are friendly and inviting, along with the chief executives!
fast paced
New York (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Good place to work but upper management is not interested in the individual employee. An employee can and will be easily replaced. Watch your back. ECMC is not concerned with an employees life outside of the work place
Ecmc
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2018
The compmay seems to be a great company to work for, if yo uare able to get in. It can be difficult to obtain full time employment there unless you are looking for a nursing position.
Helping people from all backgrounds of life.
Chief Trauma Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2018
Erie County Medical Center is a Level 1 Trauma Hospital that serves right counties. We render True Care to patients and guest. Excellence of care is paramount.
This was great intern experience
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 28, 2018
I conducted an intern with the Erie County Medical Center. Interning with the County was very nice and very good experience coming directly out of college.
DISPATCHER/TRANSPORT (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 18, 2018
Job was very steady and fast paced, worked with a great group of people receiving calls to have patient moved from one destination to another. Gave out job assignments for transporters and housekeepers.
Great staff!!!
Nursing Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2018
I love working here. Great staff. ECMC culture is one like no other. The staff is usually always pleasant. The staff CARES here. Everyone will pitch in without a fight.
Honestly was a great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  462 grider stMay 27, 2018
Boss was very forgetful and often would put the blame on other people. Other than that the people within the area was friendly. You would want to wake up everyday and go to work.
Pros
Good people there
Cons
Fixed times, no flexibility
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2018
At ECMC I learned a lot about not only what it took to be an OT but also what it means to be great at anything in life. Nothing at ECMC was handed to me I had to work hard to be recognized at the internship.
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Awesome place to work.
Jr. Administrative Assistant, Laboratory Medicine (Current Employee) –  Laboratory MedicineMay 21, 2018
ECMC walks the walk and talks the talk. I love my job here. It is a great hospital with great physicians and nurses. Great place to work and be a part of something bigger.
Fast paced hospital
Registered Nurse -ICU Step (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2018
Fast paced understaffed hospital with a large population of poor uneducated and or homeless patients. Poor staffing led to un safe work environment. Hard to get time off approved due to lack of staff. Poor management.
Pros
Good work skills experience
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, poor staffing.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 3, 2018
I was only an intern, my experiences there were wonderful. As a recent interview for a position there, I realized how underpaid their staff was compared to what I am currently making.
Overall Fun, career based
Hospital Information & Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 2, 2018
I managed two separate departments at ECMC, overall it was a fast pace moving environment, due to being the only adult trauma center in WNY, there is always something going on. Overall the people can be very friendly, If your team orient you will go far, but sometimes due to the fast pace, you can get overwhelmed, and feel overlooked.
Pros
Get Benefits, career based with 401k, great healthcare
Cons
still healthcare, hours, competive, stressful environment at times
The most enjoyable part of the job
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 21, 2018
I really liked to provide care to elderly patients (on geriatric psychiatric unit). I also utilized therapeutic communication with elderly patients with different mental illnesses and assisted them during occupational therapy sessions.
Terrible management and political in nature.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo nyMarch 10, 2018
No room for advancement unless you want to do anything “status quo”. The place just seeps nepotism and poor managerial decisions. They don’t care about patient care and best outcomes. They care about their profit margin.
One of the worst places I’ve ever worked. Very unprofessional management.
Favoritism runs rampant where management picks and chooses what to follow up on based on “who you know” or who you’re related to.
Punitive environment. Does not value work/life balance for its staff or management team.
Benefits
Cons
Too many to list! Definitely don’t outweigh the pros
Interesting
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2018
You learned a lot on the job itself. Its not a job for everyone, it can be stressful and over whelming at times. Never a boring moment in the ER. Non stop job