Erie County Medical Center Corporation Employee Reviews

Fast pace office stressful and fun
Chief Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 5, 2018
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of completing and working with several vendors to resolve issues with pricing and keeping our accounts up to date.
Great place
Entry Level Administrative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 2, 2018
Meet alot of people your able to move from one department to another with the right qualifications. Helps you build your resume and also your experience and career
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Things change alot
TERRIBLE Environment for Nurses
Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatNovember 25, 2018
Half these reviews are fake. The managers gossip about employees and you can’t get off certain shifts or positions without being friends with a boss.often dangerous environment and staffing levels not only in medicine but psych too nurses have almost died on some floors ECMC doesn’t care. Good experience of how not to be a boss...with quantros they encourage backbstabbing
Pros
Money
Cons
Dangerous and managers are awful
Staff stretched thin in a dirty hospital
CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2018
Poor management, dirty floors and long hours conspire to put one on a fast track to burnout.

Liberal indoctrination from day one at Human Resources "Orientation day" and backpedal offers of increased salary.

Once they bag you, they take advantage of you very quickly. I really regret taking this job. It is a very difficult work environment to thrive in. And it being unionized adds an uneccessary layer of complexity.
Pros
paid lunch break, state of the art gym to work out
Cons
Long hours, dirty hallways, staircases and floors, poor management
I love my workplace
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2018
ECMC is a great place to work. I enjoy working in the emergency room. It’s never a dull moment. I pick up overtime because it fulfilling saving lives and taking care of patients in the community.
Continuing education encouraged
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2018
A day at work was typically fast paced.I was able to learn many new skills and hone the old ones.ver good relationship with coworkers and a fair and approachable manager. we worked well as a team,sharing the same goal.Safe and well coordinated patient care that results in a positive outcome.
Pros
Team oriented caregivers with compassion for patients and family alike.
Cons
No pay increase for higher degrees .
This was an enjoyable place to work
Finance Asst/Accts Payable-Accts Rec/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at ECMC would be:
Typing correspondence, data entry, filing, mail duties, copying, scanning, faxing, operated multiline telephone system, greeted visitors and employees, ordered all supplies for the Finance Dept, assisted with the processing of the bi-weekly paychecks.
Pros
Wonderful place to work with wonderful co-workers
Cons
No chance for advancement
wish I never moved
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I loved working at ECMC, I would recommend ECMC as a place of employment. The state benefits were very good, can't find that at most jobs nowadays!!!!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
location
Erie County Medical Center
Clinical Fieldwork I (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14215September 12, 2018
This was my first clinical rotation as a student physical therapist. It was a subacute unit with a well rounded diagnosis and population. My clinical instructor provided a well learning atmosphere. Overall staff communicated well each other and showed a well developed team.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
rude nurse manager
No Room To Advance
Health Information mgt Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 9, 2018
You are under Nys retirement system.You are also under a union.Good workers..in most areas. Psyhic Dr's are out of line in the ED. On the psychic floors workers are great however. And there is no advancement given unless your management.

Very tough to become employed here but once you become employeed get the years you desire and get out!!!
Pros
Tons of benefits
Cons
Covering yourself keeping track of what you do, and they will not advance you...
long time ago
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 5, 2018
I worked at this facility a very long time ago, I enjoyed the time I had when there. I performed the daily needs of my assigned residents, which included, dressing, showers, vital signs, record keeping, companion, use of bed pans
Great Experience
JUNIOR PERSONNEL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 4, 2018
ECMCC is a wonderful place to work! ECMCC lets you keep your work separate from your life. Coworkers are friendly and inviting, along with the chief executives!
fast paced
New York (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2018
Good place to work but upper management is not interested in the individual employee. An employee can and will be easily replaced. Watch your back. ECMC is not concerned with an employees life outside of the work place
Ecmc
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2018
The compmay seems to be a great company to work for, if yo uare able to get in. It can be difficult to obtain full time employment there unless you are looking for a nursing position.
Helping people from all backgrounds of life.
Chief Trauma Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 6, 2018
Erie County Medical Center is a Level 1 Trauma Hospital that serves right counties. We render True Care to patients and guest. Excellence of care is paramount.
This was great intern experience
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 28, 2018
I conducted an intern with the Erie County Medical Center. Interning with the County was very nice and very good experience coming directly out of college.
DISPATCHER/TRANSPORT (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 18, 2018
Job was very steady and fast paced, worked with a great group of people receiving calls to have patient moved from one destination to another. Gave out job assignments for transporters and housekeepers.
Great staff!!!
Nursing Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 5, 2018
I love working here. Great staff. ECMC culture is one like no other. The staff is usually always pleasant. The staff CARES here. Everyone will pitch in without a fight.
Honestly was a great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  462 grider stMay 27, 2018
Boss was very forgetful and often would put the blame on other people. Other than that the people within the area was friendly. You would want to wake up everyday and go to work.
Pros
Good people there
Cons
Fixed times, no flexibility
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 25, 2018
At ECMC I learned a lot about not only what it took to be an OT but also what it means to be great at anything in life. Nothing at ECMC was handed to me I had to work hard to be recognized at the internship.
Pros
free lunch, free parking