Erie County Medical Center Corporation Employee Reviews

Productive Place to work
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2019
Great place to work with new and seasoned employees. ECMC offers a great environment to grow and learn in as a new employee. Great schedule and time off packages.
Great Company
Hospital Public Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 14, 2019
One of the best companies I have ever worked for especially within the securities field. The people there are great and everyone gets along with each other.
Great place to work!
Triage Greeter (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 4, 2019
I had a great time at ECMC! The staff was all very personable, the management was understanding, and the fact that I was making beans was balanced by being assigned a really manageable workload. That said, I was making beans, which is why I left. But what can you expect from an entry-level job? My next job was a huge boost in my career, and I wouldn't have been able to get that job were it not for my time spent at ECMC.
Pros
Great people, reasonable workloads
Cons
Upper upper management likes to micromanage
Exceptional care by all nurses for all patients and families
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 4, 2019
If one is willing to learn, the nurses will take the time to teach any and everything; this further broadens my knowledge, allowing for better patient care. Everything is a team effort, with the patients at the center.
horrible management
Cashier Stocker (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2019
Rude management
no team players
Manager in dietary discussed people personal information
Manager fired people if she did not like them
Nice coworkers
Nice customers
Can easily make friends
some team players
Pros
free lunch, nice coworkers, nice customers, weekly pay
Cons
no breaks, low pay, rude managers and supervisors, worked every hoilday
Extremely disrespectful coworkers
Buffalo - Administrative Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 7, 2019
Doctors/interns are extremely disrespectful and uneducated. Management is deplorable. There are parts that you may enjoy, when you feel like you are actually helping, but usually the doctors just belittle you, management will not defend you. ECMC is the closest job to a TV drama series, with no happy endings.
Favoritism is REAL
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 31, 2018
Working here is like being in high school, the people are petty and noisy. If they don't like you that will make up stuff to mess with you and try to get you in trouble. The nurses are lazy and as much as administration would love to think that they make decision in the best interest of the patients and visitors; they wouldn't know how because they rarely come down from their 'ivory tower' and mingle amongst the commoners. They need some serious restructuring to remove the very biased administration and management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
immature employees
overtime city
Hematology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 5, 2018
tons and tons of call ins, if you have small children or a single parent you'll struggle to do this job. Good people to work with though not a lot of drama.
Pros
good people
Cons
overtime and holiday work
Fast pace office stressful and fun
Chief Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 5, 2018
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of completing and working with several vendors to resolve issues with pricing and keeping our accounts up to date.
Great place
Entry Level Administrative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 2, 2018
Meet alot of people your able to move from one department to another with the right qualifications. Helps you build your resume and also your experience and career
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Things change alot
TERRIBLE Environment for Nurses
Nurse (Former Employee) –  FloatNovember 25, 2018
Half these reviews are fake. The managers gossip about employees and you can’t get off certain shifts or positions without being friends with a boss.often dangerous environment and staffing levels not only in medicine but psych too nurses have almost died on some floors ECMC doesn’t care. Good experience of how not to be a boss...with quantros they encourage backbstabbing
Pros
Money
Cons
Dangerous and managers are awful
Staff stretched thin in a dirty hospital
CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2018
Poor management, dirty floors and long hours conspire to put one on a fast track to burnout.

Liberal indoctrination from day one at Human Resources "Orientation day" and backpedal offers of increased salary.

Once they bag you, they take advantage of you very quickly. I really regret taking this job. It is a very difficult work environment to thrive in. And it being unionized adds an uneccessary layer of complexity.
Pros
paid lunch break, state of the art gym to work out
Cons
Long hours, dirty hallways, staircases and floors, poor management
I love my workplace
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 20, 2018
ECMC is a great place to work. I enjoy working in the emergency room. It’s never a dull moment. I pick up overtime because it fulfilling saving lives and taking care of patients in the community.
Continuing education encouraged
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2018
A day at work was typically fast paced.I was able to learn many new skills and hone the old ones.ver good relationship with coworkers and a fair and approachable manager. we worked well as a team,sharing the same goal.Safe and well coordinated patient care that results in a positive outcome.
Pros
Team oriented caregivers with compassion for patients and family alike.
Cons
No pay increase for higher degrees .
This was an enjoyable place to work
Finance Asst/Accts Payable-Accts Rec/Clerical (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 1, 2018
A typical day at ECMC would be:
Typing correspondence, data entry, filing, mail duties, copying, scanning, faxing, operated multiline telephone system, greeted visitors and employees, ordered all supplies for the Finance Dept, assisted with the processing of the bi-weekly paychecks.
Pros
Wonderful place to work with wonderful co-workers
Cons
No chance for advancement
wish I never moved
ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I loved working at ECMC, I would recommend ECMC as a place of employment. The state benefits were very good, can't find that at most jobs nowadays!!!!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
location
Erie County Medical Center
Clinical Fieldwork I (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14215September 12, 2018
This was my first clinical rotation as a student physical therapist. It was a subacute unit with a well rounded diagnosis and population. My clinical instructor provided a well learning atmosphere. Overall staff communicated well each other and showed a well developed team.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
rude nurse manager
No Room To Advance
Health Information mgt Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 9, 2018
You are under Nys retirement system.You are also under a union.Good workers..in most areas. Psyhic Dr's are out of line in the ED. On the psychic floors workers are great however. And there is no advancement given unless your management.

Very tough to become employed here but once you become employeed get the years you desire and get out!!!
Pros
Tons of benefits
Cons
Covering yourself keeping track of what you do, and they will not advance you...
long time ago
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 5, 2018
I worked at this facility a very long time ago, I enjoyed the time I had when there. I performed the daily needs of my assigned residents, which included, dressing, showers, vital signs, record keeping, companion, use of bed pans
Great Experience
JUNIOR PERSONNEL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 4, 2018
ECMCC is a wonderful place to work! ECMCC lets you keep your work separate from your life. Coworkers are friendly and inviting, along with the chief executives!