Erie Family Health Center Employee Reviews

current employee
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2018
I work for helping hands and the lead medical assistant there has no idea what she is doing, she lacks experience, very in professional, talks bad about the other MA's. Has a lot of preferences, The second team lead MA is worse, in professional and gossips a lot as well
Immediate management are not supportive good leaders
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2018
It’s a demanding, fast paced and stressful environment. Month after month middle management can never stay on track for accounting month end close. This issue then becomes the staff’s responsibility who always stay late 80% of the time to complete tasks to meet deadlines while middle management goes home on time. They’re not supportive good leaders who are willing to roll up their sleeves and help in any form at all. They’re managerial delegators who interrupt you throughout the day with questions and meetings. If you’re not done with your work because of that then you still have to stay late to finish your work no excuses while they go home on time. They will micro manage you all the time. They’re not patient with the learning curve and will put you on probation in a minute if they’re not satisfed with you. If you’re ok with that management style then prepare yourself to be overworked and not appreciated for your efforts. You will not want to work there long.
Pros
Great teammates who make the work culture a good one and company mission
Cons
lack of supportive good leaders and over time work hours
Erie does good things for the community but is managed badly
Sr. Manager of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 17, 2018
Erie does have some good people who care about the community they serve. If you are a Latino patient and need help, their are those who can help you get good care.

If you are looking for a job - steer clear. Upper management has a different agenda. At the end of the day it is all about the bottom line. They have gone through countless managers and directors who did not do and see things their way.
Pros
Some genuinely nice people
Cons
Upper Management plays like they care about the culture and the enthnic patients they serve but, they really do not, they falsely project that image to their staff.
Case Mangement
Targeted Intensive Prenatal Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed very much working at Erie Family Health Center. I am glad they are growing and providing great health and social care to many communities in the Chicagoland.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Part of the Leadership Team (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 22, 2018
I have worked at an FQHC previously to working at Erie and I can definitely say its a fast paced environment. The leaders are effective, but there is much work to be done with the team leads, especially MA's. I do sometimes get concerned on how we are maintaining sustainability, especially within our IT and billing departments, but Erie has some of the most committed people working there and it shows daily. Everyone is so nice, responsive and just willing to collaborate to make sure patients get the best care and quality care at that. I can definitely say my 4 years have been busy, but I love what I do and the people I work with.
Pros
Benefits, salary, employee appreciation
A nice place to work.
Director (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 22, 2018
A nice place to work. Dedicated and mission driven staff. Hours can be long and compensation is low, given the level of commitment. If I were independently wealthy and finances were not important, Erie would be the perfect place for me.
Pros
Mission Driven and committed team.
Cons
low pay
Okay place to be
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2017
Hours are not flexible. Erie has made a few improvements, they now provide sick time, which I great! Management /leaders could improve by being more "fair".
Pros
Doctor's are nice
Cons
Cliques
Great mission and great people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2017
Erie is a great place to work! Employees provide quality care to patients in need. In turn Erie management cares for their employees and is always working to make Erie a good place to be. The culture is positive and fun. Everyone works really hard - from our CEO to our line staff. It is not easy - very fast paced and demanding. But working with great people, for a fulfilling mission, makes it worthwhile.
Pros
Mission, full benefits, fair pay
Positive environment and passionate employees
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
I have worked at Erie Family Health Center for nearly 3 years. I am so happy here! It is a great place to work, grow and learn; you are able to truly become more professional, more compassionate to others, more motivated because everyone is excited about their jobs. The employees strive to accomplish the mission of Erie... "Provide accessible, affordable and high-quality health care to people in need. Health care is a RIGHT not a privilege."
Up and downs
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2017
Great to work with MA's
Doctors were great to work with
Always met the 40 hours or times the MA's have to count their hours to make sure their working their 40 hours and not less.
Favoritism with management
Poor management

Want to know more about Erie Family Health Center?

Ask a question
Well cared for environment. Employees kept informed of company events.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2017
Comfortable workplace environment. Always busy which is a positive thing. I enjoyed working in Patient accounts because I learned about processing of medical insurance which and how it applies to our daily lives. The employees at Erie were friendly and easy to work with. The most difficult part about working at Erie was those occasions when we could not provide the service needed by the patients; the most enjoyable part of the job was when we could.
Pros
Benefits. Care for employees.
Cons
Advancement possibilities limited.
Fast paced office enviornment work place
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2017
Daily day consists of scheduling educating patients on insurance questions canceling changing apts , paging on call doctors or flagging nurses about patient needs for a call back.
Pros
very flexible, often trainings, very organized, value employees
Cons
very stressful at times, rude patients
Good experience
Behavior Health Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
This was an excellent atmosphere to gain much needed experience and exposure to the wonderful field of counseling. I was actually working at two different locations and serving in two very different capacities, but I was reasonably happy at both sites.
Pros
Nice people to work with, great exposure, creative freedom
Cons
unpaid
Do not apply
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
If you love working in the Healthcare field DO NOT APPLY at Erie West Town! Worked here for a couple of weeks there is NO teamwork, very unprofessional, managers talk bad about their peers, staff both front desk and clinical are ghetto, rude and ignorant to patients and each other. I didn't want to give any stars but had no option to skip!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No parking, very unprofessional and ghetto
Relaxed and welcoming
Patients Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2017
Erie Family Health Center is very positive. Gabriela is so easy to speak to in billing and everyone is willing to help. It's a great location and great people
Fast pace work environment
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2017
You will learn fast as its a very busy and fast environment. I basically learned everything I know today from working at Erie. Management is ok but plays favoritism. The team is incredibly talented. My few cons are that there isn't much room for advancement and the compensation and raises are terrible! It's really sad that the medical assistants there get paid so little for all the hard work they do. It seems as if their work duties keep increasing but their pay barely stays below competitive levels.
Pros
Great team and doctors
Cons
Terrible pay
The culture is great
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
Enjoyed working for erie, no growth potential, does not promote from within, pay scale is below average.Company believes in helping those less fortunate than others.
Pros
Cons
Pay scale is less than average
Great place to work, learn and gain real teammates
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
Erie is a great community health care organization. They provide very good care to all their patients - kids and adults. They provide medical care and community support services when patients need them. I like the community and team culture at this organization. You will learn more than you do at school or at hospitals.
Pros
Leaders, employees, fun culture and career growth
Cons
Just the normal healthcare stuff - nothing specific to Erie
Decent place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
The entry level staff are friendly & approachable while most of the upper managament is unapproachable & bias.

the most enjoyable part of my job was greeting same level staff and patients. Also the friendships I made along the way was great.
Pros
flexible
Cons
nepotism with administrative staff
Unfair treatment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 28, 2016
This is more a one race community then mixed they have favoritism towards workers and people this company needs to improve with their employees and policy
Pros
N/a
Cons
Rude unfair treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erie Family Health Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Erie Family Health Center Reviews by Location