Erie Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company to work for
Customer Advocate I (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 16, 2018
Fantastic company to work for. There's a lot of room for advancement, they have outstanding advancement and continuing education programs. The benefits are great. Salary is competitive.
Overworked and Undercompensated
Inside Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 17, 2018
The benefits available for health care used to be stellar. They have made changes to cut costs and the health care coverage suffered. If you are looking to climb the ladder of advancement and are not male, then do not look this way. You have to be connected with those already in power in order to be advanced in your career was a female. Male employees fair very well in the company regardless of who their competition is or how well they are qualified.
very stressful. Not a fun place to work
Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 30, 2018
I respectfully decline to give my personal views.
I worked there for 14 years. There were ups and downs. Most recently it became very stressful.

Had to work long hours.
Vacation requests were denied on the ground that adjuster was behind in work.
Pros
some supervisors are good to work for. some make life miserable
Cons
Very Stressful work for Liability claims adjusters.
Great Place to Work and Friendly Co Workers
Facilities Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 24, 2018
Very easy going and I enjoy the 2nd shift hrs. The benefits and pay are great. If I ever need anything my Supervisor will get it. I clean all the cubicles and empty all trash and recycled items and clean bathrooms and clean around the building and do some minor Landscaping.
Pros
Pay, 30 min Lunch, Benefits, 2nd Shift
Cons
pleasant,good friends and all supplies needed to do my job
SENIOR OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 8, 2018
I loved working at Erie. Good benefits , Nice office with all supplies you need to do your job. Good people all around you.Beautiful cafeteria great food and reasonable prices, Choice of eating out on patio or inside.
Pros
Had my own cubicle, 1 hr. lunch, paid vacations, 2 15min breaks
Cons
sometimes it was cold in there. Wore a sweater more often than not
Good company - good people.
Claim & Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 6, 2018
I was somewhat limited in my career path at Erie due to the fact it was just a small claims office and i was unable to relocate to the home office.
I enjoyed the atmosphere.
Pros
peope
Cons
pay
A productive and great workplace
Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 17, 2018
Worked amongst a great group of people with an excellent, fair and caring Supervisor. Company has great work culture, great benefits and throughout the year gives employees bonuses.
A great atmosphere.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMay 9, 2018
I worked at Erie Insurance Agency in High School as an Internship for my work based learning course. I really enjoyed it there because it furthered my knowledge in the Business field. On a day to day basis I would just answer calls at the front desk and file things in the back. I enjoyed every part of being able to have my internship there.
Pros
Atmosphere, People, Hours
Cons
nothing.
Great Workplace
Section Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 8, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits. Job advancement is average. Supportive leadership. Growing company. Variety of positions available to employees.
Great group of people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 23, 2018
Loved working here. I felt appreciated and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. The work was challenging and I learned a lot in my position here.

Want to know more about Erie Insurance Group?

Ask a question
Ok
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Jr. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 20, 2018
Not too organized but great place to be especially to start your career. Great platform. They will support your growth but no travel to IT tech conference.
Worst of the worst
Material Damage Adjuster II (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 16, 2018
I had previously worked for Geico and truly did not realize what a wonderful job I had at Geico until I resigned there and came to ERIE. The training of the new ECC claims system was a disaster! GEICO would have spent a full week which they actually did on the rollout of their new system. The work load was extreme as employees were resigning and the company was very slow to replace them. No one seemed to care!
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Trrrible management
Good Leadership
Claims Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 5, 2018
The management and the supervisors were extremely helpful with assisting any questions or concerns that any of us had. They made a point to review our quarterly status and ask us if there was anything else that they could do to help us grow as an employee.
Love my erie family
Claims Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2018
I love my work family, we have great benefits. The atmosphere is relaxed we are one big happy team. We are very cultured our systems are very user friendly.
Training
Material Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Keyser, WVFebruary 18, 2018
They give you too much work to do but do not care and want you to speak up if you get swamped. For overtime they got stricter on it and expect you to take hours off the following day after you already have made appointments and cannot get this said time.
It was nice working here
CLAIMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDFebruary 12, 2018
Started auto, commerical and homeowner claims or answering general questions
Filled out ‘gen21’and ‘gen23’ forms and invoices
Transcribed essential information from voicemails
Followed up on calls and delegating follow up calls for voicemails
Found claim numbers for undocumented files
Trained new employees in starting auto, commercial and homeowner claims, filling out gen21 and gen23 forms
Pros
Good team
Cons
Temporary
Great Place to Work
Not Provided (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 7, 2018
I would recommend Erie Insurance as a great place to cultivate one's career. As with any employer of this size, there are issues that need to be addressed and resolved. Chief among them, in my opinion, is the need to further diversify the workforce as it is sorely lacking in a number of important dimensions of diversity. Overall, I consider it a great workplace.
Material Damage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 1, 2018
This is the place to go to make money and do well..they treat you great and are able to work with you if you need time off...met my wife their and was the best place I could ever imagine working at
Great company, great environment
Commercial Processing Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 31, 2018
Nice work culture, great benefits, room for improvement. The company has provided many added benefits like installing a new gym. There are many in house courses you can take to better yourself.
Pros
New gym, great cafeteria, great benefits
Cons
pressure to take in-house insurance classes
Good company, bad management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Be on your toes here, while the atmosphere is all smiles, you don't want to get to comfortable. Managers have lied in the past and attempted to entrap employees into admitting they did something that they actually didn't.
Pros
Good pay, benefits
Cons
Untrustworthy management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erie Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight