Erlanger Health System Employee Reviews

good place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 23, 2018
The environment I work in is interesting to say the least. on a typical day I could come in contact with 15 to 30 patients. I have learned that you have to have a good attitude and show empathy for people.
Pros
off days
Cons
pay rate
Love phlebotomist work and medical assistant.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37403May 22, 2018
I love the temp position. I wish it was a full time . Everyone I worked with was great from team mates to mangers or supervisor. It was an easy job with lots of training and work
But great job.
Pros
Love working with patients
Cons
It was a temp position
Erlanger
Critical Care Registered Nurse, SICU (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 19, 2018
Good place to work. Supported by administration but incredible stressful environment. All of management has communications issues. This is between upper and lower management and the nursing staff.
parking is very bad
Medical Coder/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 17, 2018
employee parking is bad and dangerous. most meeting rooms are very hot. The management acts as if everything is a secret, if employees could be included on a few things, we be more productive.
I needed 200 hours to complete my program
Externship (Former Employee) –  East Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2018
Part of program externship for Virginia College. I learned a lot while attending. The system is very cut and dry, easy to learn. Possible opportunity
worst place I have ever worked
clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 9, 2018
Every area understaffed. CEO only interested in getting more helicopters and flight crews. Place is dirty, bug infested, rat infested and worse. Pharmacy is the dirtiest place I have ever worked.
Pros
They have plenty of helicopters
Cons
Always understaffed
Best and most rewarding job
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2018
Erlanger Health system. It's bright spot in the night is
T.C.Thompson's Children's Hospital who have garnered their own reputation for excellence in the service of children. Without a doubt the best and hardest job I've had in my career. I would easily go through it all again to work there.
Pros
TC Thompson's reputation for excellent care
loved this job
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2018
I worked at this position as a PRN physical therapist on the weekends covering for full time employees. I was not compensated benefits, due the PRN status of this job, but the per hour rate was very fair and really enjoyed management in this hospital and department.
Pros
scheduling and work enviroment
Worked here for 3 years
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 26, 2018
I Went from working as a patient care tech to a certified surgical tech. Overall good company to work for. Level one trauma center and also a teaching hospital.
Job Offer
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2018
I really like working for Erlanger I think I would have enjoyed being a full time employee with the company, My vase experience in the health care industry has been very productive. My knowledge with both health care and Mental health care is vase. if given another
opportunity to work for Erlanger I will accept a position that I can
use my talent.
very stressful, hostile environment
Social Worker/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 19, 2018
It was stressful working with physicians, nurses, and other providers who didn't have an understanding of what Social Workers do. They lack care, rude
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Too stressful, and hostile environment. The floor supervisor lack empathy, rude, very uncaring, and lack patience with newcomers.
so so
Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 18, 2018
it is a hospital. you have to know someone to obtain placement. it hires new grads in the ED. they need to be mindful of this. overall it is a decent place.
Great place to learn, if you are in the "in crowd"
Nurse Extender in Emergency room (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 17, 2018
Typical day was always stressful, always hectic and always short staffed and too many pt. to nurse ratio. Also when working in team environment other nurses were not likely to really do team work, in fact they complained about having to do it since it is really like having 12 pt. instead of six, which was already more than an ER nurse was supposed to have. Workplace culture, the only culture they had was cut throat and give a hard time to all who were not in the "in crowd". Very seldom did you see any real management in the ER, even from the daily leading shift nurse/charge nurse/csl. A few of them really did great, but the others had no business being in that position because they never were available for situations they needed to be there for. Techs were also short staffed which meant that you as a nurse had to do everything for you pt. and that was time consuming, especially when you had multiple emergent patients at once that all needed a lot of one on one care. When things didn't get done, and the lead nurse was made aware, they never attempted to help you out unless you were in the 'in crowd'.
Pros
good experiences, learned alot
Cons
cut throat staff and management
Learning is easy to do her but no advancement unless you’re going to be a RN.
Patient Care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 17, 2018
I like my co-workers although some were difficult. NW8 is hard work & you make very little for all the effort. The starting rate of $11.18 doesn’t compete with other places which start higher. They stress the staff out with hourly rounding & tell us we’ve not done it when we have yet the patients will tell the surveyor we didn’t. You do not get raises here & the insurance is expensive for what it is. Still had bills after going to the doctors. Now majority will train you but the training is lacking & if they are short they’ll throw you on the floor without the knowledge of what to do. Nurses then get mad if you’re unaware on how to do things. Basically you can work as a CMA anywhere else for more money & be less stressed. PCTs are not respected & it’s definitely not worth the $11.18 to be treated poorly.
Pros
Offers health insurance, discounts to some food places, payroll deduction for scrubs.
Cons
Over priced health ins, Poor pay $11.18 hr, Rude people, far off campus parking leaving employees vulnerable to muggers.
Past paced RN role
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 15, 2018
This company overall tries to do its best. Each department is ran independently. It is stressful and demanding. More flexibility is needed. Better management is needed. RNs should be more valued. Retention is poor due to decreased morale. Benefits are good. Paid time off is good. RNs are under paid. Compared to other hospital RN positions, Erlanger is about the same, except lower in pay.
Productive, professional
Customer Service Representative/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Bledsoe County, TNApril 14, 2018
Erlanger Health System was my career of three years, the environment of this job was like family from co workers to patients who visited the facility.
Pros
Good benifits, greeting new patients who chose Erlanger.
Cons
Healthcare
Stressful and difficult
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 9, 2018
Constantly short staffed. Stressful and fast paced. When you are properly staffed the job was enjoyable. Having to do the job of several people and being criticized for not being able to do that well is difficult.
Pros
Great pay and great benefits
Cons
No breaks
Very busy, worked hard pay was Average
RN Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 6, 2018
Was a great place to work, except upper level management was ONLY concerned about short term productivity. Did not feel appreciated by them. Last two years working there mid level management changed. The new dept managers had little to no OB experience at all.
Pros
Loved the work, and most of the co workers worked well as a team
Cons
Poor management with limited experience in OB nursing
Great care for patients
Clinical Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 5, 2018
Great experience at a small local hospital...was the only RD, CDE employed. Hours were flexible to meet my needs. Enjoyed working closely with all staff and management. Was treated with great respect and made to feel as a member .
Pros
Great exposure to clinical
Fast pace
Staff Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 28, 2018
It was an amazing experience working there. It was so fast pace that I barely had time to sit down. We were always so busy. I enjoyed working with the staff there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erlanger Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight