Erlanger Health System Employee Reviews

loved this job
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 15, 2018
I loved this job and this opportunity. Would still be there if it hadn't been for me getting custody of my granddaughter and needing a job closer to home and on day shift.
Horrible
Wound Care RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2018
Really do not care for their staff at all. Managers do nothing and patients don't have the help they need. only new buildings get resources and attention.
Pros
Cons
do not take care of their staff
job review
Registered Nurse (RN)-Ortho/Neuro (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 29, 2018
Erlanger has excellent opportunity for learning and different experiences. However, having adequate staffing is a constant battle. Working without enough staff causes stress and poor quality of work due to lack of time
I would possible work at Erlanger on different type unit .
Medical Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2018
The unit I worked on was very hard ,no support from the staff most of the nurse was very young and was all about themselves and they formed clicks . No team work and they thought they knew everything about nursing and bedside manners . No diversity at Erlanger now ,no people of color or experience in charge .
Pros
Received a towel for nurses day .Small discount in cafeteria
Cons
Sometimes 2 10 minutes break and 30 minute lunch break per shift
Place to Work
Anesthesia Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 22, 2018
Don't really understand the cost of implementing an EMR, we have struggled with getting the necessary equipment since go-live. We still have several areas on paper and really need to get them the appropriate equipment.
Best Trauma Center in the Country
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 21, 2018
If you are an employee at Erlanger, that carries a bit of prestige with it, I started my career at Erlanger, and I wouldn't mind retiring there. It is a teaching facility, and has many opportunities for advancement
Pros
Excellent place to be employed
Cons
Large facility
No support from management
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2018
Employee bullying issues not dealt with at all. If employee is buddy buddy with supervisor they are never in the wrong no matter the situation. Complaints only investigated from one side. Closed groups. Hard to fit in. Actually a relief to not be working there any longer. (Physician Group Office)
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor management fairness
Family Oriented the floor I worked
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 10, 2018
The work family is caring. Most floors that you work on has a team building approach which is good for me. I enjoyed that your co-workers was not shy of giving you advice and helpful during my tenure.
teaching facility
respiratory therapy supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2018
the facility has many departments and units that made a typical workday very busy. Having worked there for many years, was able to move around in my position and enjoyed the last eight years working with pts with COPD in the pulmonary lab. management was usually changing frequently which was sometimes frustrating. the most enjoyable part of the job was the staff that I worked with.
Pros
working in different areas of the hospital
Fun work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 3, 2018
I took care of patient and daily living and assisted doctors in traumatic injury’s and draw labs, baths, feed patients, and helped fellow employees. I start IVs, and give medications.
Good work environment, opportunity for some growth.
RN CSL (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 1, 2018
Pay is competitive with other facilities in the area. Opportunities for continued education and skill building. Teaching environment. Fast paced and hectic.
Always a staff shortage
Prn
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 23, 2018
The float pool is not what all its cut out to be. They hired me for part-time but when i asked to be changed to full time since i work full-time hours. They denied and said there was no such thing.
good place to work
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 23, 2018
The environment I work in is interesting to say the least. on a typical day I could come in contact with 15 to 30 patients. I have learned that you have to have a good attitude and show empathy for people.
Pros
off days
Cons
pay rate
Love phlebotomist work and medical assistant.
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37403May 22, 2018
I love the temp position. I wish it was a full time . Everyone I worked with was great from team mates to mangers or supervisor. It was an easy job with lots of training and work
But great job.
Pros
Love working with patients
Cons
It was a temp position
Erlanger
Critical Care Registered Nurse, SICU (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 19, 2018
Good place to work. Supported by administration but incredible stressful environment. All of management has communications issues. This is between upper and lower management and the nursing staff.
parking is very bad
Medical Coder/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 17, 2018
employee parking is bad and dangerous. most meeting rooms are very hot. The management acts as if everything is a secret, if employees could be included on a few things, we be more productive.
I needed 200 hours to complete my program
Externship (Former Employee) –  East Chattanooga, TNMay 15, 2018
Part of program externship for Virginia College. I learned a lot while attending. The system is very cut and dry, easy to learn. Possible opportunity
worst place I have ever worked
clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 9, 2018
Every area understaffed. CEO only interested in getting more helicopters and flight crews. Place is dirty, bug infested, rat infested and worse. Pharmacy is the dirtiest place I have ever worked.
Pros
They have plenty of helicopters
Cons
Always understaffed
Best and most rewarding job
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2018
Erlanger Health system. It's bright spot in the night is
T.C.Thompson's Children's Hospital who have garnered their own reputation for excellence in the service of children. Without a doubt the best and hardest job I've had in my career. I would easily go through it all again to work there.
Pros
TC Thompson's reputation for excellent care
loved this job
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2018
I worked at this position as a PRN physical therapist on the weekends covering for full time employees. I was not compensated benefits, due the PRN status of this job, but the per hour rate was very fair and really enjoyed management in this hospital and department.
Pros
scheduling and work enviroment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erlanger Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight