Erlanger Health System Employee Reviews

Productive and technical and also occasionally fun place to work.
Integrations Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 21, 2018
Review issue or new request related tickets, call requester to gather more information and discuss requirements and deliverables. Research, design, develop report's partial or entire section. Attend meetings if any.
I had a Great Manager at the time I was employed.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 16, 2018
I accepted a position in Environmental Services when I was hired. There was not sufficient training per say for my actual job that I was hired to do. Yes, there was general orientation which I participated in. Once I was put in my department, it was a rat race. I feel like we were really pushed to our limits everyday. We had to hurry...hurry to get our patient rooms, waiting areas, nursing stations, trauma room, and nursery done. And I took pride in my job so I wanted to clean the appropriate way according to Hospital standards and practices. But everyday while trying to get my job done in a timely manner and to avoid overtime, it never failed that I would get beeped to leave my floor and go clean other rooms. That was stressful because I still had to go back and finish my rooms while pushing myself to avoid overtime. And what was disappointing was I was only making $8.00/hour. And EVS is a hard job. On a positive note, I enjoyed working with my Manager and co-workers. And when I did hurt my back at work, Erlanger went above and beyond to make sure that I got the medical care and physical therapy required.
Pros
I had a Great Manager
Cons
Heavy workload, not enough help, and the pay was barely enough to survive.
Great Job
PRN Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 11, 2018
Erlanger Health System is a great place to work. The mission statement speaks directly to the work of a chaplain: "We Compassionately Care for People."

A typical day at work provides opportunities for ministry throughout the hospital.

I learned the art of being present with patients and families through their darkest moments.

The workplace culture is Awesome!
Best hosital in the area
RN, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 7, 2018
This position has allowed me the experience of a true inner city hospital. I have been a part of life changing reality daily. There are so many opportunities for advancement.
its a job
SORT, Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 4, 2018
its a job, i go there, work my shift and leave.
the people are mostly okay, i like the weekends best when there is not as many people there.
you get what you put in
Good learning environment.
RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 28, 2018
Enjoyed my time there. Was able to learn a lot from co-workers and management. Hours not very flexible and nurse patient ratio is not conducive for appropriate care.
NP Role could use some improvement
Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga TennesseeAugust 25, 2018
I am speaking only for the inpatient role. I agree with others who say that the role Is not valued by the establishment. For the most part, inpatient practitioners are barely more than scribes, not practicing to their full scope. While I do feel loved and appreciated by my supervising physicians and my direct manager, the upper management and physician leadership is a whole different story . The practitioners used to have access to the physicians lounge, this is no longer available. I can only assume it is because being in the company of mid-level providers makes it difficult for them to enjoy their meal. We were stripped of designated parking privileges without notice and then punished for parking in the garage. The very modest extra pay for overtime was stopped, yet we are pressured to work extra days when they have a staffing shortage for no extra money. I could go on and on.
The facility is extremely busy, nearly unmanageable for the amount of staff. The salary is very low for the area, at least for the inpatient practitioners. There is no bonus structure, no holiday pay, no overtime for extra days worked.
Pros
Decent benefits package
Cons
Absolutely no appreciation of advanced practice providers by management and physician leadership
Great place to learn, but hard place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 9, 2018
Some areas of the hospital are well staffed, others are not. Nursing is, of course, stressful, but there is a great system in place to attempt to give adequate staffing. In my department, concern about holding down costs leads to unreasonable workloads frequently and forces staff to make decisions which lead to either omitted care or poorly administered care.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 8, 2018
Only reason I left Erlanger is for a management position. I would love to work back at Erlanger. You can advance at Erlanger. The hospital is growing and advancing.
Pros
Great Work Envirnoment
Cons
No Cons
Productive and an awesome place to work
Epic Orders/Radiant Principal Trainer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 6, 2018
Erlanger was an awesome place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed working there. From management to workers, I think everyone was treated with dignity and respect.

Want to know more about Erlanger Health System?

Ask a question
Productive and fast paced environment
Pt Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 29, 2018
I think the company is great and the reason I choose this one, since I'm new to the area, is because they are growing and expanding all around the metropolitan area. So, even if I moved I could probably have stayed with the company. However, I'm not sure how thier policies really work, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room for human errors or mistakes. That concerns me considering they are a teaching hospital. I've worked at a teaching hospital before and trust me I know about errors the student physicians make, but guess what that is how they learn, I get that, but the same principles should also be extended to the staff. We are all working together as a team, to accomplish the same goal, but even the quarterback fumbles occasionally. Overall it's about the level of care and the quality of service we provide that makes us stand out from the rest.
Pros
Not having to work on weekend, het to spend time with my family.
Cons
Only having a half hour lunch break
Lack of pay and growth
Triage Information Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 29, 2018
I love my job at Erlanger but it doesnt offer room to grow in the company. I have been with Erlanger for almost 4 years and I so not feel like I am paid enough.
Nice to patients horrible to employees
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 27, 2018
worked for years - no raise. small bonus but not enough. people at Aldi and Walmart make more. would do better to get a job in fast food instead of helping peoples lives.
Decent
Partner (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 23, 2018
Everyone works very well together, pay ranges could be more competitive, insurance package could be a little bit better as it was before. Overall, everywhere will have good and bad, for the most part Erlanger is a decent place to be.
Productive place to work, very busy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 17, 2018
Work days are mostly busy, some days are steady
Employees work together, good teamwork
I have learned it is hard to loose someone
I have learned is great to take care of someone and get them back to health. to see them go home.
Try to keep the workplace clean
I have not seen any racism
Hardest part of job- moving heavy equipment, beds , lifting heavy patients.
Hardest part of job not getting to sit down during whole shift
Most enjoyable part of job nursing patients back to health
Pros
Getting a lucnh break, love having teamwork
Cons
very short lunch breaks, having no teamwork
loved this job
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 15, 2018
I loved this job and this opportunity. Would still be there if it hadn't been for me getting custody of my granddaughter and needing a job closer to home and on day shift.
Horrible
Wound Care RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 13, 2018
Really do not care for their staff at all. Managers do nothing and patients don't have the help they need. only new buildings get resources and attention.
Pros
Cons
do not take care of their staff
job review
Registered Nurse (RN)-Ortho/Neuro (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 29, 2018
Erlanger has excellent opportunity for learning and different experiences. However, having adequate staffing is a constant battle. Working without enough staff causes stress and poor quality of work due to lack of time
I would possible work at Erlanger on different type unit .
Medical Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2018
The unit I worked on was very hard ,no support from the staff most of the nurse was very young and was all about themselves and they formed clicks . No team work and they thought they knew everything about nursing and bedside manners . No diversity at Erlanger now ,no people of color or experience in charge .
Pros
Received a towel for nurses day .Small discount in cafeteria
Cons
Sometimes 2 10 minutes break and 30 minute lunch break per shift
Place to Work
Anesthesia Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 22, 2018
Don't really understand the cost of implementing an EMR, we have struggled with getting the necessary equipment since go-live. We still have several areas on paper and really need to get them the appropriate equipment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Erlanger Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight