ERM Employee Reviews

Not for me
Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 14, 2018
I was hired as an entry level engineer, with the idea of being multi faceted and being able to help in many different technical groups. However now that I've worked a little while, I can say that this was never really the intention of the partner who decided to hire me. I have instead been put on one project (95% of my time) and do the exact same thing every single day at work. I am so bored that I have to listen to podcasts while working otherwise I think I'm going to go crazy. Not to mention, the office culture for me is the worst I've ever experienced. Everyone constantly complains about how much they want to quit and hate their jobs. Every decision is made by partners and they do not care about anyone else since their bonus depends on the amount of work they sell. I think that the horrible culture is what has me so ready to leave this job. There's nothing worse than a bad work environment, and I personally cannot take it much longer (and I am currently applying elsewhere).
Pros
free lunch, if you work hard you will probably move up
Cons
Long hours, no overtime, high expectations, no training, no mentorship unless you find one
Overall a well-respected company.
Partner/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2018
Enjoy the colleagues and clients I work with. I enjoy the projects I oversee and develop. The workplace culture within the local office is great. The global culture and goals are not transparent.
Contract Workers Beware
Executive Assistant- CONTRACT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2018
ERM is a great company as a whole, but it does not value the individual contractors or the support staff. It is a very hierarchical company and the Admin team is expected to assist everyone, but since they cannot always bill work to the client, are seen as burdens to the company and not supported.
I worked as on a contract with ERM for a year and was promised a full-time position for 10 months out of that year, but was then informed that they were going to do away with my position entirely to hire more field workers. The Admin team was already struggling to keep up with the work from all of the current employees. Now all of my duties and responsibilities will fall to the rest of the team.
I was given no days off, no benefits, and very low pay, and very little professional respect.
Pros
Compensated bus pass
Cons
Poor work-life balance, very hierarchical
Great collaborative and fast-paced environment
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 13, 2018
For someone who loves fast-paced, dynamic work environment, this is the job for you. This job is great for someone who is single, looking to travel and develop your career. For the family guy who wants to be home most nights, enjoy days off and have a good work-life balance, this is not the right opportunity. The company has many talented and intelligent individuals who work collaboratively on many projects. Office spaces are fantastic and the people are exceptional.
Pros
people, office space, snacks available, professional growth
Cons
pace was too fast at times, working remotely, salary a bit low
ERM - Consulting Firm
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasFebruary 7, 2018
ERM is a good company to work as consultant. ERM has good ties with clients. Sometimes there can be lots of pressure but overall it is relaxed environment.
Pros
Fun enviornment
Cons
Pays less
A nice company with professional and talented employees
Project Coordinator-Telecommunications Sector (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 12, 2017
Truly a nice place to work. It is a consulting type of business environment and when one project has completed, it is up to the employee to find more work.
Surprised the company is in business
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYMarch 28, 2017
One to three emplyee business. Management is the owner or his wife. She has little authority. Owner is on the road A LOT. Work load is steady, but short turnaround for the steel rolling industry. Management expects much and provides little. It takes much to want to stay. Most do not make it more than a year. Machines are wore out. Not a good place to work at for any reason. Your best day is when you walk out the door. Bad reputation with local area trade school.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Owner`s attitude to employees.
Sweat shop with horrible management
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 17, 2016
ERM has had a lot of good employees over the years but had is the key word. This is not a stable company to build a career with. The current leadership is not high quality, some of the worst managers I have seen.
Pros
Nice logo
Cons
high turnover, Partner-in-charge/PM model doen't work, lies about partnership opportunities, unethical handling of environmental issues
Fun work with good people
Ecologist (Former Employee) –  West Virginia and Lake Charles, LASeptember 19, 2016
Field work was fun and challenging. The work provided me with good experience and I was able to learn from qualified people.
Gone down the drain
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 3, 2016
This was a nice company to work for, but the management has made decisions that have been driving good employees away in droves. After a few rounds of knee jerk layoffs of some of their best employees, other employees are getting out at an astonishing rate.

Your work life will be about nothing other than maintaining the highest billability possible so the company can meet unrealistic profit expectations. While trying to find your own work to maintain that elusive billable goal, your rates will be inflated so project managers will cut your hours while still expecting you to do the same amount of work...thus lowering your billability through no fault of your own. Sick days will also lower your billability, as will the umpteen pointless meetings they will make you attend every week.

Unless you are a field person, don't expect to meet your billability goals with our working at least 50 hours a week. Also expect to work late into the night and over the weekends on projects for senior people who waited until the last minute to meet a deadline. Your personal life means nothing to them...also, they ate up all the budget for themselves so you can't bill all your time to the project.
Pros
Some great coworkers, interesting projects
Cons
Heartless corporation, people are numbers, management is inept
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston. TxOctober 19, 2015
Laid off due to cut backs, I did full cycle Accounts Payable. Three check runs per week, coding invoices, as well as entering them.
Pros
Coffe Cafe
Cons
Management Change
productive place
Administrator/Analyst Receptionist II (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 10, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Worst company to work for
SAP EHS-EHSM Expert (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2015
I used to work for this company. This is the WORST company to work for, the management is two face, they tell you all the great things FALSELY FABRICATED which will in a few months turn out to be a bunch of lies. There is NO JOB SECURITY, they will hire you for a specific project or role and once the project ends they will make up an excuse and fire you on the spot. The management has too many politics and issues among themselves.
I WILL NEVER WORK FOR ERM AGAIN AND WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO WORK HERE.
Pros
Any Pros will be temporary and false advertisement
Cons
Healthcare could take 2 months to start, Fire you on short notice when project ends
Good coworkers but poor leaders.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2015
Leadership is nonexistent. Some departments desperately need a management change.
Partners seem to promote people who are incompetent and arrogant. Most PM's are not very knowledgable in the their field of 'expertise' and play the blame game when review time comes around. Limited chance for advancement with current management. The only performance metrics that ERM seem to care about is sales targets, face to face meetings, and billing percentage. Those are hard to achieve if you are not writing proposals and denied direct contact with clients. Forget about proper training and mentoring. These important development activities are essentially nonexistent and when you can help, it's unappreciated.
Pros
Nice location. Most people are friendly.
Cons
Poor leaders, demoralizing, unfair, open office environment.
Growing company, especially in SAP space
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
The company is a very good one to work for. The Information Solutions groups is basically a separate company from the Environmental Consulting side, which is unfortunate. There seems to be a lot less internal competition and insecurity in the Environmental side. A lot of opportunity if you have SAP experience.
I want a company that I can help grow and learn from upper management.
Office Administrator/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Personable, deadline-driven and self-starter Office Administrator/Executive Assistant experienced in working in a fast-paced environment. Solid team player who offers a positive and cooperative attitude.
Pros
Love my supervisor.
Cons
Work/life balance is very poor.
Management unable to grasp large project planning
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 12, 2014
Great co-workers caught in a changing culture resulting in a very high turn over rate.
Great work environment and work life balance - no opportunity for advancement if you are in an administrative role.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2013
ERM is a great place to work if you are a technical person (i.e, consultant, geologist, etc) - if you are in an administrative role there is virtually no opportunity for advancement. Co-workers are absolutely the best.
Pros
Great work life balance.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement for administrative and some junior technical roles.
Excellent environmental consulting company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 8, 2013
I worked at ERM for 7 years, I gained great experience during my time there. I was able to develop my technical and problem solving skills in the field and reporting. My co-workers were always enthusiastic to perform the work and ready to get their hands dirty.
Great company
Administrative Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 17, 2012
For the most part, I enjoy working at ERM, however, I would like to pursue a career in my field of study. At this facility, being in the admin position, I am not granted the opportunity to advance into the field that I would like. Job advancement is there for those who have degrees in this line of work. My bachelors is in Psychology and I am pursuing my masters in Legal Studies. My coworkers are the sweetest and most lovely bunch of individuals I have ever met. From the first day I started, they have all been equally nice, helping, and full of support. The hardest part of my job is watching everyone around me work in their career while I am working a job and waiting on my opportunity to advance into my career. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am in a very friendly environment and I love the people that I work with. I have learned ample skills that will help me in future endeavors.
Pros
brown bags, on the job trainings, supportive coworkers