ERMC Employee Reviews

Stay away!! Read all the bad reviews like I wish I had before applying!!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDNovember 18, 2018
If you want fair treatment and to be treated with dignity and respect, do not work for ERMC/SecurAmerica at the mall. You will be deceived, coerced, manipulated, used and abused. Security and operations directors are boastful, self-serving and very poorly trained for a mall environment. They are retaliatory, ignoring the company rules against retaliation and they get away with it. The revolving door of continual new employees and constant advertising for this job is proof of all that. Low pay and weak benefits that are offered are not worth the trouble. Don't give up! Keep looking for a better company and a much better job!
Pros
Dakota Square Mall tenants/employees and many patrons are wonderful, kindhearted people.
Cons
Bad management that cannot be trusted.
No raises...
Carousel Operator (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MINovember 3, 2018
I worked for ERMC for two years. They lost the bid for work at the mall, where they provided housekeeping and carousel operator services.

I never met anyone from upper management while I worked for ERMC. All I knew is they were located in Illinois.

After they lost the bid for the job, it took a very long time to get W-2's in the mail. Mine arrived mangled by the post office...never did get the whole thing. There was only one usable W-2 out of all the copies they should have sent. It arrived in February!

ERMC provided cheap polo shirts we had to wear at work. They were white, and they would not stay white. I tried bleaching with no success. They were dingy and embarrassing to wear.

The pay was slightly better than minimum wage but still low...never got a raise. Never had an annual review either.

Hours were limited to no more than 15 per week. Perfect for someone who just wants out of the house but doesn't need a job to survive.

The ceiling in my area was made of glass, so even in the winter, it was extremely hot.

Breaks and lunches were all dependent on how busy we were and whether we could get someone to cover just long enough for us to step away for a bit.

The pace was very slow in the fall when all the kids went back to school. It was insanely busy during Christmas break and spring break. When it's slow, it's the most boring job in the world.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low wages, not enough hours, no benefits, boredom
Great employees to work with, management not always helpful
Assistant to Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SC 29577October 29, 2018
Pay needs to match skill set of employees. Raises were promised but no follow thru. Management does not follow thru. Broadway at The Beach is agreat property to be at.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No room for advancement, low pay but strict duties
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 24, 2018
A typical day of working begins by being understaffed. I learned that in this job, The Crossroads Mall Janitorial ran by ERMC is minimum pay wage. ERMC blames GGP, GGP does not raise their staff.

New management changes every 6 to 12 months, and each new management adds extra duties to the contract, without raises, or care.

There is no support from ERMC, now ran by SecurAmerica. There are employees that have worked for over 6 years and the longest one over 25 years, yet they do not get paid over $10 dollars. Go figure.

GGP pretends to care, but they do not. ERMC is afraid of GGP, and the work conditions are not nice. We lost a gem of a manager due to stress, and now we have poor management in charge.

Stay away from this company at any place, and stay away from Portage Janitorial Mall.
Pros
Restaurants Offer Janitorial Discount (not ERMC)
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage, high expectation
Account Manager - No Fun Life
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 18, 2018
A typical day of work will begin by making sure task got done prior night by employees. The third shift employees that do not get shift premium, and hiring at minimum wage with no benefits proved to be hard. All the slack went to the account manager, which already had a busy workload.

There is no support from upper management and no training for new account managers. You will learn by doing something wrong, and being told that is wrong when training was never provided.

I worked 6 years and a half for this company and resigned because the work-life balance was not balanced at all. The family was being neglected, but being at work was expected.

For 1 year, I worked two shift on the same days, sleep was horrible and no support to hire new employees was given.
Pros
Cons
No benefits
Sexist Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 9, 2018
I was a officer who busted my hump for this company when short staffed. I was treated unfairly for a misunderstanding that had to do with a family emergency. The CEO was completely heartless and I was terminated for a false accusation that was made about me. The company is horrible to work for they are unfair, careless & unprofessional. I do not recommend them for anyone it’s very stressful a constant battle of power. The management at the site you work at is also very vindictive & unfair.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
No raise, non union, 8.00per hr, sexist etc etc
Stay away
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Pearland TexasJanuary 12, 2019
Poor Onsite Management, training was a joke. No request for time off allowed, poor pay for area, too many extra roles demanded outside the duties of a security officer. Such as, helping custodians pick up trash. Overall, this is really a job for someone who has nothing available at the moment.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor pay, no chance of career advancement.
Hope they just burn out
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 4, 2018
Don’t apply for this position, only if desperate. Director and ops director are total tools of the corporation now Securamerica, pay is poor. I was just laid off today 5-4-18, don’t get started on the mall manager. employees are lazy children who work in the mall. Customers are rude. Be ready to deviate From the training manual because the situations you’re put in calls for more creative solutions. I worked for 4 almost 5 years with no pay raise or vacation hours. I do hope no one applies here anymore and reference this review to any who inquire about this job.

Pros
Window shopping
Cons
Pay, management, lack of respect
Job was great. Corporate management not so much.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYJune 14, 2018
I worked in the Lexington KY area for a decent amount of time. The job was great. There were some bad seeds, looking at you Popeye. The corporate management team are nothing but salesmen. They tell you what you want to hear but never act. Good luck getting a decent wage, much less a raise.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Director inconsistencies, corporate involvement in patrol, all kinds of stuff.
Lots of traveling, no little work/life balance, many hours, lack of staff, no incentives, no raise
Traveling Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 17, 2018
ERMC was good for a season. It was a great starting point after I closed my contracting business to work for the boss man. I gained a lot of experience and found my passion in Operations. I worked my way up to Operations Manager and to keep my job (due to company downsizing) I had to travel. I met some incredible people and worked with several different management companies within the malls. Each mall atmosphere was different, but I treated all employees like people and not a number. I treated them fairly and showed them that I wouldn't ask them to do what I wasn't willing to do myself. I gained lots of respect; however, it didn't necessarily translate into monetary reward. I haven't had a raise in 3 years. Hardest part of my job...being away from my family for weeks at a time. Most enjoyable part of job...love the type of work I do, meeting incredible people and customers and making life long friendships.
Pros
Love the type of work, making customer happy and building new relationships
Cons
NO raise, NO work/life balance, too much traveling and away from family weeks at a time.
n/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSDecember 8, 2018
work was ok I only work there to provide for family. not many advancements at all. was there for awhile didn't get a raise while being there.co-workers was awesome
Productive, but unorganized to say the lease.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2018
I will say ermc gave me a chance to grow, with rapid job security and advancement. as well as equal opportunity to say the least. For a position i felt like it was a lot put on me for the job situation, that could have been balanced more.
Pros
It was a job that paid
Cons
no work, and family balance
Great at a local level, headache at the Corporate level
Security Director (Former Employee) –  South County, MOAugust 25, 2018
I was a manager at a site. Locally, staff (security officers, housekeepers, maintenance, and CBL Office) was amazing and very, very caring, so if that is all you're concerned with, you may very well like this job. Unfortunately, officers make very little compared to the rest of the area, and most of the time we found ourselves competing for new hires with a mall nearby, also contracted by ERMC. Because of noncompetitive wages, new hires were difficult to recruit, and veterans were overworked. There is not much to entice anyone to stay at this site other than the close relationships you'll gain from the local staff.
A typical day would include patrolling the site (interior and exterior) while staying visual, and showing professionalism to the customer.
Management at the local level could sometimes be hectic, but in my experience, the people were great. Management at the Corp level seemed unguided and unorganized. I'm sure they're under-employed and overworked too.
At the Security Officer level, some hours may be slow-paced, some may be fast-paced. Crime in this area has drastically increased over the past 5 years. The policy is strictly observe and report, so if you expect to go hands on, don't do this job. It is not worth your minimal pay to go beyond policy to get fired, sued, and/or possibly injured. You're expected to submit your daily activity, paperwork, yada yada yada...
The hardest part about this job is the expectation the general populace have, and what you actually are expected to do by the company. Management in retail is always changing,
  more... and many tenants believe security is responsible for their product, when in fact the store is responsible for their property (only they can prosecute for their property. Security will always be stuck in the middle in that regards. Tenants want you to search the belongings of "possible shoplifters" or tackle a shoplifter, but that isn't the job and could get you and others in huge trouble legally, and physically. Because of this the image perceived on the officer is lazy, and that's hard for some people.
The most enjoyable part of the job should be pretty clear by this point. It's the staff.
Pros
Plenty to do.
Cons
Noncompetitive wages, under staffed, over worked.
Bad
Janatorial (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 9, 2018
I’m quitting on December 14 because they cutting hours they are not appreciative for anything we do I’m about to have a Baby and the little bit of money I’m making there not gone be enough to support me or my family so I wouldn’t recommend anybody to work there
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks low wages poor management
Walk away.
SGT (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 17, 2018
Protect yourself and stay away. Walk around the Mall. Check doors at night. Open doors in the morning. Deal with alarms and call the necessary people.
Pros
I had a cool manager that worked with my school schedule.
Cons
I worked with this company for seven years and did not receive a raise.
Excellent direct management to work with but very demanding position and extreme lack of care for employees
Director of Operations / Security (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA 70503February 13, 2018
Mall management was very excellent to work with and operations, although busy and demanding, was fulfilling when fully staffed. The problem here was the company's extreme lack of care for employees other then the Operations Director made it very difficult to maintain a full staff, sometimes running at less then half the required minimum to maintain the facility. The company seemed to revel in a revolving door so finding employees who were willing to stay for the amount of hours and pay offered versus the amount of work expected was more often then not a dream. Due to this, the completion of even the most basic day to day operations ( emptying trash bins, cleaning restrooms ) by employees often fell on the Operations Director to fill or risk disciplinary action.
Pros
Job security and excellent local management to work with.
Cons
Extremely greedy company and constant cut backs.
Manageable job, poor salary, negligible management.
Senior Overnight guard (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 25, 2018
What they DONT tell you up front is that if you work an overnight guard shift, you're basically an overpaid janitor, expected to spend 6 of 8 hours a night cleaning the premises and maintain patrols and whatnot throughout the night while still doing the job of the cleaning staff. The only reason they paid me more than minimum wage was because I was working overnights. The management staff were what you'd expect, hardcore cop wannabes that micromanaged far too mcuh. Overall, not a worthwhile place to work, especially when they can't be bothered to pay their workers a living wage.
serious p[lace to work but fair
Captain Assistant Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 7, 2018
Fun contract to work, good people with close contact with the local police, dealing with the public on a daily basics, room for advancement, company is located in Tennessee
Pros
fun place but serious work
Cons
some turnover
Under new Management
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2018
ERMC is under new ownership, so I can not give a review at this time. I know a lot of head management has left but there is still a lot of the old employees there as well.
this company will hire anyone
Landscaping (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 4, 2018
i worked with several felons and my manager didn't have enough experience for his position. there were a few cases of theft and i was always worried my coworkers would steal from me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ERMC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight