ERMC Employee Reviews

fair job got to know people at the mall
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 27, 2018
to clean food court and upstairs restroom till closing. than all of us swept floor than mopped around tables. used walked behind scrubber to upper part of food cort. than go haome
Pros
easy job
Cons
no paid vacation
Under new Management
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2018
ERMC is under new ownership, so I can not give a review at this time. I know a lot of head management has left but there is still a lot of the old employees there as well.
Job was great. Corporate management not so much.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYJune 14, 2018
I worked in the Lexington KY area for a decent amount of time. The job was great. There were some bad seeds, looking at you Popeye. The corporate management team are nothing but salesmen. They tell you what you want to hear but never act. Good luck getting a decent wage, much less a raise.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Director inconsistencies, corporate involvement in patrol, all kinds of stuff.
Sexist Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 9, 2018
I was a officer who busted my hump for this company when short staffed. I was treated unfairly for a misunderstanding that had to do with a family emergency. The CEO was completely heartless and I was terminated for a false accusation that was made about me. The company is horrible to work for they are unfair, careless & unprofessional. I do not recommend them for anyone it’s very stressful a constant battle of power. The management at the site you work at is also very vindictive & unfair.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
No raise, non union, 8.00per hr, sexist etc etc
No room for advancement, low pay but strict duties
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 24, 2018
A typical day of working begins by being understaffed. I learned that in this job, The Crossroads Mall Janitorial ran by ERMC is minimum pay wage. ERMC blames GGP, GGP does not raise their staff.

New management changes every 6 to 12 months, and each new management adds extra duties to the contract, without raises, or care.

There is no support from ERMC, now ran by SecurAmerica. There are employees that have worked for over 6 years and the longest one over 25 years, yet they do not get paid over $10 dollars. Go figure.

GGP pretends to care, but they do not. ERMC is afraid of GGP, and the work conditions are not nice. We lost a gem of a manager due to stress, and now we have poor management in charge.

Stay away from this company at any place, and stay away from Portage Janitorial Mall.
Pros
Restaurants Offer Janitorial Discount (not ERMC)
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage, high expectation
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2018
ERMC was a great company to work for while I was in high school. this type of job is ideal for a college student or a high school student.
Awesome staff
Walk away.
SGT (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 17, 2018
Protect yourself and stay away. Walk around the Mall. Check doors at night. Open doors in the morning. Deal with alarms and call the necessary people.
Pros
I had a cool manager that worked with my school schedule.
Cons
I worked with this company for seven years and did not receive a raise.
Management Onsite
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2018
The management was poor at my location. Overall for the company, it probably was fine everywhere else. The director I had at the time slacked off and pushed his responsibilities on to others that weren't qualified for his job description and duties.
Hope they just burn out
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 4, 2018
Don’t apply for this position, only if desperate. Director and ops director are total tools of the corporation now Securamerica, pay is poor. I was just laid off today 5-4-18, don’t get started on the mall manager. employees are lazy children who work in the mall. Customers are rude. Be ready to deviate From the training manual because the situations you’re put in calls for more creative solutions. I worked for 4 almost 5 years with no pay raise or vacation hours. I do hope no one applies here anymore and reference this review to any who inquire about this job.

Pros
Window shopping
Cons
Pay, management, lack of respect
Security Job Here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 30, 2018
Was a good entry level position to teach people new to the field how to be a security officer. The supervisors were very knowledgeable in passing on information and training.

Want to know more about ERMC?

Ask a question
Contract work
(Aviation)- Site Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXApril 28, 2018
Stability not available, Contracts run 3 to 5 year terms. Most contracts are low bid. Benefit package very limited. Poor outlook for future maintenance contracts. Poor review by employees.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Lacking Benefits
Manageable job, poor salary, negligible management.
Senior Overnight guard (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 25, 2018
What they DONT tell you up front is that if you work an overnight guard shift, you're basically an overpaid janitor, expected to spend 6 of 8 hours a night cleaning the premises and maintain patrols and whatnot throughout the night while still doing the job of the cleaning staff. The only reason they paid me more than minimum wage was because I was working overnights. The management staff were what you'd expect, hardcore cop wannabes that micromanaged far too mcuh. Overall, not a worthwhile place to work, especially when they can't be bothered to pay their workers a living wage.
professional security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 23, 2018
the job was awesome, being a mall security was a lot of fun, dealing with the public, having to be on the go all the time to provide a safe and fun environment
Pros
public service
Cons
different shifts
Lots of traveling, no little work/life balance, many hours, lack of staff, no incentives, no raise
Traveling Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 17, 2018
ERMC was good for a season. It was a great starting point after I closed my contracting business to work for the boss man. I gained a lot of experience and found my passion in Operations. I worked my way up to Operations Manager and to keep my job (due to company downsizing) I had to travel. I met some incredible people and worked with several different management companies within the malls. Each mall atmosphere was different, but I treated all employees like people and not a number. I treated them fairly and showed them that I wouldn't ask them to do what I wasn't willing to do myself. I gained lots of respect; however, it didn't necessarily translate into monetary reward. I haven't had a raise in 3 years. Hardest part of my job...being away from my family for weeks at a time. Most enjoyable part of job...love the type of work I do, meeting incredible people and customers and making life long friendships.
Pros
Love the type of work, making customer happy and building new relationships
Cons
NO raise, NO work/life balance, too much traveling and away from family weeks at a time.
decent place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 11, 2018
I enjoy the atmosphere at ERMC. Pretty relaxed in the aspect that you don't have a boss riding you all day. That being said you must be a trustworthy employee and do the things you are supposed to be doing or you will be quickly eliminated.
Pros
keeps you busy
Cons
the holidays are stressful
Nice place to work
Security Officer/Operations Director (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 12, 2018
Working for ERMC was enjoyable at the time I was employed there. Shifts are usually reliable, some overtime is required. I learned how to conduct myself in a professional manner while working for this company. I would love to go back if the pay was more competitive with my area.
Pros
paid lunch for security officers
Cons
Insurance is expensive
worked in a mall
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 11, 2018
worked at chesterfield mall. a lot of changes happened the short time i was there. we were all told that we would be able to keep out job when icc decided to buy out ermc but instead that was not true. i showed up everyday and worked doing the same thing every day. they put me on bathrooms everyday, they said it was because i was a female and males could not go in the female restroom but i still cleaned the mens restrooms too.
great expierence
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 5, 2018
It is not the most glamorous job cleaning up after people, especially in a mall. ERMC however gives you good training and support from above, It was a positive experience.
Pros
good training
Cons
not the most fun job
Ermc
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 3, 2018
It was a pleasure working for Ermc it was the easiest job nor the hardest job it was a typical housekeeping job management wasn't the best i enjoyed working by myself
Pros
Their was no benifets
Cons
Short breaks
dont do it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 21, 2018
its not worth it. they hard not nice people working for them and no one cared. it wasn't worth staying for the sad that all the older guys sat in the office and didn't help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ERMC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight