ERMC Employee Reviews

Productive, but unorganized to say the lease.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 21, 2018
I will say ermc gave me a chance to grow, with rapid job security and advancement. as well as equal opportunity to say the least. For a position i felt like it was a lot put on me for the job situation, that could have been balanced more.
Pros
It was a job that paid
Cons
no work, and family balance
Poor management
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 11, 2018
Working for ermc was not a very good time. The staff was unorganized. The director of security was very unprofessional, unqualified and inappropriate.
Working for ERMC
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 7, 2018
It's a great company to work for. They are stationed in Albany Mall. The work isn't to hard. It would be easier for you if you have prior security experience. If not they do train you through their training videos and standard.
Great at a local level, headache at the Corporate level
Security Director (Former Employee) –  South County, MOAugust 25, 2018
I was a manager at a site. Locally, staff (security officers, housekeepers, maintenance, and CBL Office) was amazing and very, very caring, so if that is all you're concerned with, you may very well like this job. Unfortunately, officers make very little compared to the rest of the area, and most of the time we found ourselves competing for new hires with a mall nearby, also contracted by ERMC. Because of noncompetitive wages, new hires were difficult to recruit, and veterans were overworked. There is not much to entice anyone to stay at this site other than the close relationships you'll gain from the local staff.
A typical day would include patrolling the site (interior and exterior) while staying visual, and showing professionalism to the customer.
Management at the local level could sometimes be hectic, but in my experience, the people were great. Management at the Corp level seemed unguided and unorganized. I'm sure they're under-employed and overworked too.
At the Security Officer level, some hours may be slow-paced, some may be fast-paced. Crime in this area has drastically increased over the past 5 years. The policy is strictly observe and report, so if you expect to go hands on, don't do this job. It is not worth your minimal pay to go beyond policy to get fired, sued, and/or possibly injured. You're expected to submit your daily activity, paperwork, yada yada yada...
The hardest part about this job is the expectation the general populace have, and what you actually are expected to do by the company. Management in retail is always changing,
  more... and many tenants believe security is responsible for their product, when in fact the store is responsible for their property (only they can prosecute for their property. Security will always be stuck in the middle in that regards. Tenants want you to search the belongings of "possible shoplifters" or tackle a shoplifter, but that isn't the job and could get you and others in huge trouble legally, and physically. Because of this the image perceived on the officer is lazy, and that's hard for some people.
The most enjoyable part of the job should be pretty clear by this point. It's the staff.
Pros
Plenty to do.
Cons
Noncompetitive wages, under staffed, over worked.
serious p[lace to work but fair
Captain Assistant Site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 7, 2018
Fun contract to work, good people with close contact with the local police, dealing with the public on a daily basics, room for advancement, company is located in Tennessee
Pros
fun place but serious work
Cons
some turnover
fair job got to know people at the mall
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 27, 2018
to clean food court and upstairs restroom till closing. than all of us swept floor than mopped around tables. used walked behind scrubber to upper part of food cort. than go haome
Pros
easy job
Cons
no paid vacation
Under new Management
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 24, 2018
ERMC is under new ownership, so I can not give a review at this time. I know a lot of head management has left but there is still a lot of the old employees there as well.
Job was great. Corporate management not so much.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYJune 14, 2018
I worked in the Lexington KY area for a decent amount of time. The job was great. There were some bad seeds, looking at you Popeye. The corporate management team are nothing but salesmen. They tell you what you want to hear but never act. Good luck getting a decent wage, much less a raise.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Director inconsistencies, corporate involvement in patrol, all kinds of stuff.
Sexist Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 9, 2018
I was a officer who busted my hump for this company when short staffed. I was treated unfairly for a misunderstanding that had to do with a family emergency. The CEO was completely heartless and I was terminated for a false accusation that was made about me. The company is horrible to work for they are unfair, careless & unprofessional. I do not recommend them for anyone it’s very stressful a constant battle of power. The management at the site you work at is also very vindictive & unfair.
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
No raise, non union, 8.00per hr, sexist etc etc
Nice place to wrk
Assistant Security Director (Former Employee) –  ERMCMay 29, 2018
Doing security for ERMC is steady pace and demanding all of which suits me just fine but advancement is very slow if any for those who are in position stay...Team/Family
Pros
networking
Cons
unnecessary theft in the mall
No room for advancement, low pay but strict duties
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 24, 2018
A typical day of working begins by being understaffed. I learned that in this job, The Crossroads Mall Janitorial ran by ERMC is minimum pay wage. ERMC blames GGP, GGP does not raise their staff.

New management changes every 6 to 12 months, and each new management adds extra duties to the contract, without raises, or care.

There is no support from ERMC, now ran by SecurAmerica. There are employees that have worked for over 6 years and the longest one over 25 years, yet they do not get paid over $10 dollars. Go figure.

GGP pretends to care, but they do not. ERMC is afraid of GGP, and the work conditions are not nice. We lost a gem of a manager due to stress, and now we have poor management in charge.

Stay away from this company at any place, and stay away from Portage Janitorial Mall.
Pros
Restaurants Offer Janitorial Discount (not ERMC)
Cons
No benefits, minimum wage, high expectation
N/a
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2018
ERMC was a great company to work for while I was in high school. this type of job is ideal for a college student or a high school student.
Awesome staff
Account Manager - No Fun Life
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIMay 18, 2018
A typical day of work will begin by making sure task got done prior night by employees. The third shift employees that do not get shift premium, and hiring at minimum wage with no benefits proved to be hard. All the slack went to the account manager, which already had a busy workload.

There is no support from upper management and no training for new account managers. You will learn by doing something wrong, and being told that is wrong when training was never provided.

I worked 6 years and a half for this company and resigned because the work-life balance was not balanced at all. The family was being neglected, but being at work was expected.

For 1 year, I worked two shift on the same days, sleep was horrible and no support to hire new employees was given.
Pros
Cons
No benefits
Walk away.
SGT (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 17, 2018
Protect yourself and stay away. Walk around the Mall. Check doors at night. Open doors in the morning. Deal with alarms and call the necessary people.
Pros
I had a cool manager that worked with my school schedule.
Cons
I worked with this company for seven years and did not receive a raise.
Management Onsite
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 10, 2018
The management was poor at my location. Overall for the company, it probably was fine everywhere else. The director I had at the time slacked off and pushed his responsibilities on to others that weren't qualified for his job description and duties.
Hope they just burn out
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 4, 2018
Don’t apply for this position, only if desperate. Director and ops director are total tools of the corporation now Securamerica, pay is poor. I was just laid off today 5-4-18, don’t get started on the mall manager. employees are lazy children who work in the mall. Customers are rude. Be ready to deviate From the training manual because the situations you’re put in calls for more creative solutions. I worked for 4 almost 5 years with no pay raise or vacation hours. I do hope no one applies here anymore and reference this review to any who inquire about this job.

Pros
Window shopping
Cons
Pay, management, lack of respect
Security Job Here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 30, 2018
Was a good entry level position to teach people new to the field how to be a security officer. The supervisors were very knowledgeable in passing on information and training.
Contract work
(Aviation)- Site Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXApril 28, 2018
Stability not available, Contracts run 3 to 5 year terms. Most contracts are low bid. Benefit package very limited. Poor outlook for future maintenance contracts. Poor review by employees.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
Lacking Benefits
Manageable job, poor salary, negligible management.
Senior Overnight guard (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 25, 2018
What they DONT tell you up front is that if you work an overnight guard shift, you're basically an overpaid janitor, expected to spend 6 of 8 hours a night cleaning the premises and maintain patrols and whatnot throughout the night while still doing the job of the cleaning staff. The only reason they paid me more than minimum wage was because I was working overnights. The management staff were what you'd expect, hardcore cop wannabes that micromanaged far too mcuh. Overall, not a worthwhile place to work, especially when they can't be bothered to pay their workers a living wage.
professional security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 23, 2018
the job was awesome, being a mall security was a lot of fun, dealing with the public, having to be on the go all the time to provide a safe and fun environment
Pros
public service
Cons
different shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ERMC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight