Ernest Health Employee Reviews

Great experien
Staff Nurse/Charge/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Great company to work for. My time there was positive. Nothing negative to say. Caring, compassionate, well run company with good community outreach. Nurses respected. Good coordination among disciplines.
terrible place to work
RT (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 9, 2019
micromanaging problems with certain departments. nursing wants to much control over it all.

great company but it was bought out
Regional Director of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 6, 2019
-great company but it was bought out, by another company so the majority of the home office laid off within the hospitals most able to keep their job.
Pros
was a great company
Cons
bought out
I got hurt at this facility they started cutting back on nurse on the floor
Trustpoint rehab hospital (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TexasDecember 16, 2018
I loved the variety because we did take care of pediatric also but management did not listen I turned in several complaints about pct.The first weekend I worked after training the pct.left the floor leaving me and another new nurse answering call lights and trying to keep up with the demand the saddest part was that this pct was known for doing this and she was still able to keep a job.It was a very sad place to work at .
Pros
Their was some good pct but you could count them on one hand
Cons
Management did not want to hear what was going on
Horrible. Avoid this place!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 13, 2018
The nursing work environment was extremely hostile! Everyone was always looking for a reason to report you or bully you. No one I worked with (who I actually liked) works there anymore. They are extremely unprofessional. Not worth it. I work on a very busy unit much like the rehab hospital and it’s run so much smoother, plus there is a zero tolerance for bullying.

I loved the rehab department!! They were all amazing and did great things for those patients! But if you’re looking for CNA work, keep looking. Don’t let the beautiful facility fool you. It was HORRIBLE!
Pros
Rehab department
Cons
Everything else
Enjoyable environment and staff
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 11, 2018
Family like work environment. Good employee and family benefits. (Health, dental and vision)
Opportunity’s for growth within the company.
Great management team.
The best place to work
Registered Nurse/House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 10, 2018
I loved this job! Ernest Health takes great care of its employees. They offer multiple opportunities for education and advancement. Conflicts are managed timely and professionally. The atmosphere is one of caring and compassion both for the patients and employees.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No Cons
Do not recommend
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXDecember 8, 2018
So I’ve worked a lot of jobs and this one has been the worst I’ve ever had. So they only have 8 employees per day for a 40 patient rehab hospital. It is just way too much work load some days it’s almost unbearable. We get patients that are unable to even do rehab and we end up having to break our backs or have more accidents with them because they are not rehab material. They get sent just because they want the census up for money reasons. Pay is pretty terrible for the techs that do most of the hard labor and most of the nurses don’t help out. Manegment is horrible and there’s a lot of bullying and harassment that goes on and they do nothing about it. If you’re looking for CNA/patient care job I would look elsewhere. Two of the techs have already quit this month.
Pros
They work with your schedual pretty well
Cons
Short breaks long hours
Stressful Environment but good experience
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCDecember 2, 2018
I always said, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Very fast paced environment which can cause increased stress. Unrealistic with patient to therapist ratio. Does not take into account staffing when accepting new admissions. Would accept inappropriate patients that were physically unable to tolerate 3 hours/day of therapy but forced to do so. Must work one weekend per month. Manager flexible with vacation time. Offers free live CEU classes throughout the year. Quarterly and yearly bonus incentives. Yearly raises based off of review.
Pros
Fast paced, Free CEUs, Bonuses
Cons
Fast paced, Stressful, Inappropriate patients for IRF setting
Company in flux - Rapid Downsizing
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 12, 2018
The company was acquired by Vibra Healthcare September 2018 and is currently undergoing changes to create synergies between the two companies - ie. layoffs. 30 plus people have been let go to better streamline the company since October 31. More will be left go by the end of the year and even more March 31st 2019. The home office is mostly empty and is being run by a skeleton crew.

The work culture is very laid back yet professional. Ernest has a strong IT department with very capable technicians than care about patient care and outcomes. The company truly cares about what they do for under-served communities. Vibra Healthcare, the parent company, does not seem to know what to do with the company so I would steer clear if you're looking for a place to build your career. Look Elsewere.
Pros
Casual atmosphere with talented people who care about patients.
Cons
Company is rapidly downsizing, Parent company seems aloof, Run by remote managers
Horrible rehab mgr
N/A (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCNovember 12, 2018
the current rehab mgr is more concerned if you have 1 minute of overtime than if you are happy/content w/ your job. Talks down to employees and void of true compassion. Makes it hard for people to take time off, a control freak.
Pros
likes people I worked with except the rehab mgr
Cons
the present rehab mgr, therapy working on xmas
This is an great company to work for.
Certified Nursing Assistant and Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXNovember 8, 2018
My overall experience has been great. I have learned things as a Patient Care Tech that I didn't learn as a Certified Nurse Aide. You can grow in this company, and this company cares about their employees.
Pros
Team work, fairness, and fun.
Cons
The management team
wonderful place. everyone is friendly and helpful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 27, 2018
everyone is so friendly and helpful there. everyone helps everyone else. always smiles. good pay. excellent therapy department. doctors on site. everybody works together as a team
Pros
team work
Cons
needs more maintenance during winter
Great Company
PRN Admissions/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 26, 2018
The workplace culture is outstanding... My only regret is that there are not currently more shifts available. I find the 12 hour days productive and the staff enjoyable.
The people make up for the pressure
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 24, 2018
Despite the quick paced and demanding job, co-workers and management do their best to support you as a clinician and a person. I found this to be a great place to start as a new graduate, I had plenty of support and resources to learn from.
Pros
no measured productivity standards, documentation time provided, hour lunch break, plenty of free continuing education courses
Cons
paper documentation, so much documentation, lots of concurrent treatments
Very fast paced work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 14, 2018
Day started at 5:45 am for every shift and finished at 5:45 pm. Typical day consisted of assisting in preparing patients for meals and escorting them to and from therapy. Typical range of care was anywhere from providing aid in regular daily activities to max assistance. Lots of walking around but very rewarding to help patients in recovery and getting back to 100%. Not much in the way of benefits provided and staff cooperation was somewhat limited.
Pros
Rewarding to help patients, plenty of exercise, free meal provided once daily
Cons
Frequent complaints from patients about night staff, inconsistent training
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 11, 2018
Relaxed environment. Helpful team and coworkers. Very compassionate and passionate coworkers. Free drinks and coffee. Exceptional employee relations. Loved working here
Wonderful company to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 7, 2018
I have never before and never since worked anywhere that teamwork was a bigger deal. This is the only place I have ever seen everyone truly work together towards the beneficial outcome of the patients.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Bad pay
Very fast paced. Good place for skill building .
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Provo UtahOctober 5, 2018
Very fast paced. Not enough time to give extra care to patient. Good place for learning respiratory care from ventilators to oximizers to nasal canula. I liked that I started IV's and drew labs. Due to very small size there is not options for much upward movement or lateral movement to other disciplines.
Pros
Building Respiratory skills. Starting own IVS. Supportive staff. Knowledgeable staff.
Cons
Not enough staff to easliy cover sick calls. Pateint to staff ratio little heavy.
Daily View of my job
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2018
I love working for Ernest Health. The leaders are the most compassionate and caring people I have ever met. The pace is fast and sometimes stressful but at the end of the day you know you have made a difference.

We support the field in turn who nurse their patients back to good health.