Ernest Packaging Solutions Employee Reviews

Poor leadership, disorganized
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Ernest does not live up to what they present as an employer after they hire you. A typical work day is 7am-6:30 pm in the field and 2-3 hours of additional work when you are home, no work-life balance.

Managers do not have proper knowledge about their products or the sales process. They sell sales candidates on being relaxed and that they do not micromanage their sales staff. Management is negative and micromanages the sales staff.

The sales department has high turn over and creates a sad and stressful work environment. I do not recommend working here if you are looking for job security.
Pros
Friendly and helpful office & warehouse staff
Cons
No work/life balance
Family Atmosphere - Micromanaged - Low Pay & Horrible Benefits
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time with the people I worked with and for. Great team of people working there. Very mixed bag as a place to work

Somewhat high turnover rate in Portland, which seems to be due to pretty intense micromanagement. Management is great in regards to cheerleading and providing some of the tools you need, but some ultimately come across as seemingly more concerned with their bonuses ultimately. The micromanagement unfortunately pushes a lot of good people out the door.

Pros: Good PTO program. 10 paid holidays a year plus 2 weeks of vacation your first year. Lots of team building activities.

Cons: horrible benefits, bad retirement plan, low salaries for the market, work a ton of hours for said low wages, micromanagement by day to day operations management, and high turnover.
Pros
Good PTO program, Family environment, Team building activities
Cons
Wages, benefits, retirement, and micromanagement
Get ready to grind
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 17, 2018
High turnover because most are not ready to put the effort needed to be successful. Typical day is 7:30-5:00 with a few hours at work needed to stay on track.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMay 25, 2018
Ernest is the best company I have ever worked for. They are about culture and diversity. Management team was awesome. Of course I was not a fan of everyone. But this company was awesome.
Pros
Cons
I cant get back in unless I moved out of state. The division in my state is full.
Great Culture and Opportunity for Success
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2018
If you maximize your time, are a quick learner, and have the drive - a CRM position with Ernest can lead to a very profitable and fulfilling career for you.
Excellent Culture in Portland
Purchaser/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 27, 2018
Love the culture in Portland. Management that genuinely encourages self reflection and personal and professional development. Supportive team, family like atmosphere and a good work/life balance. Love Ernest!
Pros
Culture, development, growth mindset
Cons
401k plan is sub par
great coworkers unstable management
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 11, 2018
The team was nice they do a lot for you but the management is very unstable and there are man grey areas . m I loved my job but was always in fear of getting asked to about stuff and making sure it was done right per the guidelines that day...
Great Job right out of college
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 14, 2018
Good experience for young adults seeking to get business to business experience. This company has a huge turnover rate. CRM's have to wait days to receive pricing if not in stock pages. At that point the customer probably bought from someone else.
Pros
Good B2B Experience
Cons
low pay, low compensation
intern
Market Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 11, 2018
My role at Ernest Packaging solutions was through an internship at the University of Alabama and did not take place in their office environment. Reports were made via skype from the campus at the University of Alabama.
Fast pace, can be stressful at times
Customer Service /Credit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CANovember 8, 2017
Training for the position was not the best. Like old cliché, "too many Indians, not enough chiefs."
Everyone in the department trying to help train, not everyone had the right knowledge. When errors were made, you were held accountable, though all you did was follow the work training process..
Pros
Friendly co-workers. Great incentives. Company enjoyed celebrating holidays with employees.
Ernest Packaging
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2017
Ernest takes Job Culture very seriously. Leadership worked hard to create a strong environment where people want to come to work and succeed. One of the best management teams I have ever worked with.
Very slow paced, most employees have been there more than 10 yrs
Client Coordinator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 29, 2017
The Management and employees weres nice. I wish they had better training, so you wing it as you go. Slow paced. It's a great place to work if you like slow paced. I like to be busy so it wasn't a good fit. However I met some wonderful people and I wish them all the best
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
Traffic, poor location
Micromanage to the max
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 1, 2017
Managers do not know enough about their products or sales. They lure sales in by saying they are hands off and laid back. All smoke and mirrors fellas. They constantly bug you and ask for updates, expect three calls from management daily. They hire sales, have them find a few gem accounts then fire them and hand the accounts off to their customer service team eliminating the cost of sales people in order to make their numbers.
Pros
Warehouse guys are on their A game.
Cons
Horrible management
unsatisfactory management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 31, 2017
This place really needed to see what the workers were doing instead of protecting idiots with a degree, A manager that does not respond to emails, leaves sales people hanging for days,when they are the bread and butter of the company and pays more attention to her cell phone and her family then she ever did about the company and what its needs were.
Pros
the sales force
Cons
bad managers
Very Friendly Staff
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 6, 2017
The people that work at Ernest are great. Unfortunately the sales department has a lot of turn over and seems to create a sad environment. I would not recommend working here if you are looking for job security.
Packaging distributor
Purchasing/Receptionist/AP/AR (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 18, 2017
Started off as a purchasing expeditor. Assisted purchasing staff with the small purchases thru vendors, obtaining POD's, filing of all purchase orders, updated inventory in Great Plains system. When the receptionist had to retire management asked me to step in and fill in the position until they could find someone. That required answering the telephones, distributing sales reports and greeting customers on top of my purchasing duties. My final position with this employer was AR and AP. Again, one of the employees in that department left the company and I was asked to fill in permanently. Those duties included, working with inventory department and shipping receiving department. Call on past due customer accounts and make sure all our vendors were paid in timely manner in our location. Assist corporate office with all accounting responsibilities in this location.
Pros
Family oriented, they see ones potential and push you to do better.
Bad office environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 24, 2017
watch your back, they do not live up to what they present as an employer. office enviorment not professional management does not seem to care about office problems.
Pros
some good people to work with
Cons
bad management, they do not hold to there core belief but they preach it.
Mislead on the entire job
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 21, 2017
This was a very good way to get my feet wet into outside sales. But I learned quickly that the commission structure was designed so that most reps would never actually sell enough to collect.
Pros
Outside Sales is fun!
Cons
Didn't make enough money for the amount of effort I was putting in
The big Idea
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2016
A very family oriented company.
some managers are difficult to work with. Over all not a bad place to work but defiantly needs some tweek's to make the location grow better and faster.
Pros
Nice people, great cusotmers
Cons
some managers, lack of training, micro management, no flow-changes daily
Phenomenal Workplace
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 10, 2016
Amazing work environment. Employees throughout the entire chain of command are treated with the utmost respect. Great communication between management and employees created a family like atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ernest Packaging Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.