Ernest Packaging Solutions Employee Reviews

Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMay 25, 2018
Ernest is the best company I have ever worked for. They are about culture and diversity. Management team was awesome. Of course I was not a fan of everyone. But this company was awesome.
Pros
Cons
I cant get back in unless I moved out of state. The division in my state is full.
Great Culture and Opportunity for Success
Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2018
If you maximize your time, are a quick learner, and have the drive - a CRM position with Ernest can lead to a very profitable and fulfilling career for you.
Excellent Culture in Portland
Purchaser/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 27, 2018
Love the culture in Portland. Management that genuinely encourages self reflection and personal and professional development. Supportive team, family like atmosphere and a good work/life balance. Love Ernest!
Pros
Culture, development, growth mindset
Cons
401k plan is sub par
great coworkers unstable management
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 11, 2018
The team was nice they do a lot for you but the management is very unstable and there are man grey areas . m I loved my job but was always in fear of getting asked to about stuff and making sure it was done right per the guidelines that day...
Great Job right out of college
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 14, 2018
Good experience for young adults seeking to get business to business experience. This company has a huge turnover rate. CRM's have to wait days to receive pricing if not in stock pages. At that point the customer probably bought from someone else.
Pros
Good B2B Experience
Cons
low pay, low compensation
intern
Market Research Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 11, 2018
My role at Ernest Packaging solutions was through an internship at the University of Alabama and did not take place in their office environment. Reports were made via skype from the campus at the University of Alabama.
Ernest Packaging
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 6, 2017
Ernest takes Job Culture very seriously. Leadership worked hard to create a strong environment where people want to come to work and succeed. One of the best management teams I have ever worked with.
Very slow paced, most employees have been there more than 10 yrs
Client Coordinator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 29, 2017
The Management and employees weres nice. I wish they had better training, so you wing it as you go. Slow paced. It's a great place to work if you like slow paced. I like to be busy so it wasn't a good fit. However I met some wonderful people and I wish them all the best
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
Traffic, poor location
Micromanage to the max
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 1, 2017
Managers do not know enough about their products or sales. They lure sales in by saying they are hands off and laid back. All smoke and mirrors fellas. They constantly bug you and ask for updates, expect three calls from management daily. They hire sales, have them find a few gem accounts then fire them and hand the accounts off to their customer service team eliminating the cost of sales people in order to make their numbers.
Pros
Warehouse guys are on their A game.
Cons
Horrible management
unsatisfactory management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 31, 2017
This place really needed to see what the workers were doing instead of protecting idiots with a degree, A manager that does not respond to emails, leaves sales people hanging for days,when they are the bread and butter of the company and pays more attention to her cell phone and her family then she ever did about the company and what its needs were.
Pros
the sales force
Cons
bad managers
Very Friendly Staff
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 6, 2017
The people that work at Ernest are great. Unfortunately the sales department has a lot of turn over and seems to create a sad environment. I would not recommend working here if you are looking for job security.
Packaging distributor
Purchasing/Receptionist/AP/AR (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 18, 2017
Started off as a purchasing expeditor. Assisted purchasing staff with the small purchases thru vendors, obtaining POD's, filing of all purchase orders, updated inventory in Great Plains system. When the receptionist had to retire management asked me to step in and fill in the position until they could find someone. That required answering the telephones, distributing sales reports and greeting customers on top of my purchasing duties. My final position with this employer was AR and AP. Again, one of the employees in that department left the company and I was asked to fill in permanently. Those duties included, working with inventory department and shipping receiving department. Call on past due customer accounts and make sure all our vendors were paid in timely manner in our location. Assist corporate office with all accounting responsibilities in this location.
Pros
Family oriented, they see ones potential and push you to do better.
Bad office environment
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMarch 24, 2017
watch your back, they do not live up to what they present as an employer. office enviorment not professional management does not seem to care about office problems.
Pros
some good people to work with
Cons
bad management, they do not hold to there core belief but they preach it.
Mislead on the entire job
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 21, 2017
This was a very good way to get my feet wet into outside sales. But I learned quickly that the commission structure was designed so that most reps would never actually sell enough to collect.
Pros
Outside Sales is fun!
Cons
Didn't make enough money for the amount of effort I was putting in
The big Idea
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2016
A very family oriented company.
some managers are difficult to work with. Over all not a bad place to work but defiantly needs some tweek's to make the location grow better and faster.
Pros
Nice people, great cusotmers
Cons
some managers, lack of training, micro management, no flow-changes daily
Phenomenal Workplace
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAAugust 10, 2016
Amazing work environment. Employees throughout the entire chain of command are treated with the utmost respect. Great communication between management and employees created a family like atmosphere.
Rewarding experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nothern CaliforniaJuly 2, 2015
Ernest Packaging Solutions, is one of the most innovative, thoughtful and growing companies, that I have ever worked for.
Ernest Packaging Solutions
CORPORATE CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMay 20, 2015
Ernest is a company that's is second to none.

It is a trend setting company that has become a leader in the packaging industry, and their competition is following their lead.
Pros
Great benefits; great working environment
Cons
healthcare benefits are expensive
Enjoyable Experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAApril 2, 2015
- Learned what corrugated boxes were and how they are made
- Management is better than average
- Great co-workers
- Hardest part of the job was going to all the training for corrugated
- Enjoyable part of the job was there was a new challenge everyday
Pros
Catered lunches
Cons
Can be a little stressful at times
Never Happy there, Management could be better
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAMarch 13, 2015
When they say they need to Train you in a review to get you more on board, maybe they should do just that. Only considering themselves and not the company. Plus, if you want to work at a place where you are able to take all your personal calls, be on your facebook all day or even take the time off early to go buy yourself personal products that have no bearing on your job, you should work here.
Pros
Its a Job! Sales Personnel are the Best Ever to work with.
Cons
To many employees just don't know what it is to actually put work 1st.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ernest Packaging Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.