ERT Employee Reviews

If you need a paycheck
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2018
If you need a paycheck and benefits, this is a fine place to work. If you want to dig into career development and hone your skills in Project Management this is not for you. They throw you in with little instruction. Everyone is too busy to help with anything. There is little to no training on most processes and after almost 2 years I still don't understand how to do a lot of tasks that are required from me because everyone just does it themselves instead of teaching the new people how to do things.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible training and management
Fun work place, located in a nice area of pittsburgh
Supply Chain Associate "QC" (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 10, 2018
The work pace is steady, with its occasional slow days. I learned a lot about how software is uploaded to multiple devices such as tables, smart phones and laptops. my manager was friendly, understanding and helpful on a day to day basis.Work place was full of laughter. people really get along. Hardest part at times is pleasing all parties within the company due to heavy work load at times. The most enjoyable part is the yearly raises and bonuses.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
work load at times
This is only for Customer Care
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2018
Do not work in customer care. You are treated like you are a third party outsourced company (at least at the Philadelphia Branch). Compensation is good in the sense of starting pay, but you do not get pay increases when you get additional business lines under your belt (more knowledge to do more work). Management does NOT give you any idea of your current progress (ticket closures, how well you completed tickets, time bookings) which are all necessary to decide if you get a raise at the end of the year for meeting numbers. You cannot attend work events. Even though you are ERT, you have to take personal time, while every other department gets to leave early to go to a phillies game, or picnic. I could go on and on about the negatives but I am honestly sick of talking about this department. It is a shame because the company itself is doing big things, and based on the appearances of other departments, people seem to enjoy their work. The work on this end is not bad either, but the lack of being "included" makes the "One ERT" mentality a total joke.
Pros
Good starting pay, Good Benefits
Cons
Management, Work/life balance, Company involvement
Good company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2018
The company was good to work. They offered all the basic benefits. The only big issue was parking. The area around the building is being developed and the parking spaces became limited.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
No parking
Over worked and under appreciated
Accounting/Finance (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaOctober 22, 2018
This company is a nice place to work interms of learning a new business. However, don't expect to advance unless you are a "YES" person or a "friend" of management. Someone stated that this company onmy cares about growth, that is true! They have purchased may companies and in doing so, did not pay a bonus and then stated the purchase wasn't the cause of the non-payout. This company is too top heavy from the management side, the turnover rate is very high in some depts. If you are a person who enjoys going to work and doing what someone tells you regardless if they are wrong, then this place is for you. Which means you are driven by money and dont value your self worth.. Not good
Pros
Meet some nice people, learned a new business
Cons
Poor management, need a new team that will respect the employees and work together not just for their own gain
Stressful, overworked, and little care for employees from management
Project Manager, Licensing and Translations (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MASeptember 19, 2018
I've been with ERT for over four years, and what started as a positive experience with wonderful, hard-working coworkers has unfortunately decayed since ERT's acquisition of my previous company (PHT Corp). Over time, the emphasis has been on acquiring new companies and reducing developmental timelines to the detriment of the customer. The hours are long, the work is never truly done, and upper management's firm embrace of "the customer is always right" has lead to a environment in which customers unfamiliar with the development process dictate everything. Unreasonable requests are now the norm, and upper management willingly agrees to eat costs and reduce timelines for the customer even though they know that their internal development teams are simultaneously unable to deliver upon those promises, and are getting eaten alive in customer meetings.

The day-to-day consists largely of project management work - emails, conference calls, coordinating vendors and internal resources to fix whatever problems (technical or otherwise) may arise in each study. 10-12 hour workdays are the norm. A large part of the job is knowing who to seek out to answer questions, and communication skills are an absolute necessity if working here.

The coworkers I've had here have honestly been some of the best I've had at any job, and my direct boss is someone I'd consider a personal friend. That said, upper management's approach to development and complete alienation of their project management and support staff has lead to an utter gutting of talent from the company. Recent surveys indicate that
  more... 1 out of every 2 employees in the Boston location are unhappy, and there has been a steady cascade of talented employees leaving for other jobs over the past 18 months.

The key areas of concern with the company relate to an inability to create processes that are effective, and the ignorance of the problems that these new approaches create for their product development. In an environment where resources are already strapped, these processes only further exacerbate the inability to deliver a quality product on time. Furthermore, any criticism of these processes is usually dealt with by blaming the employee as uncooperative, or unwilling to change. However, the fact remains that the company is losing money, and employees have not earned a full bonus in over 3 years.

I so honestly wish I could write a better review of the company, as I truly loved the work I did here and the people that I've worked with. So many smart and talented folks have helped to develop solutions to complex problems and perform impossible tasks. That said, the stress from the job is real, often manifesting itself in physical ailments to several workers (myself included). If ERT is to continue to survive, it will have to acknowledge the feedback that they have been getting from their own employees and act to introduce solutions to these problems. Until then, the company will struggle to deliver upon the solutions that is currently is promising to its customers.
Pros
Talented, hard-working, friendly co-workers; Ability to work remote, matching 401K
Cons
Broken internal processes, lack of sympathy for employees, limited resources, high stress
More focused on acquisition than retention
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 12, 2018
ERT used to be a great place to work, but upper management became more focused on acquiring the next company than making sure their current employees and products had the support they need to do their work. Ultimately many resources left and took with them their years of knowledge and experience, and those who remained where overwhelmed.
Constant Layoffs
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2018
If you are looking for uncertainty in your profession then this is the place for you! There is no real direction and even though they claim we are one ERT, we are not. On a quarterly basis there are layoffs that have absolutely nothing to do with performance.
Pros
Free snacks for some departments, on site parking.
Cons
Pay, work load and management.
Great people with bad management
Project Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 9, 2018
Senior management is worried about cutting corners and don't strive on improving quality. ERT keep acquiring companies every year. Management from a failing company that was acquired have dragged everyone else down.
Pros
Great co-workers and immediate management
Cons
Senior management needs a complete overhaul (termination)
government contractor
Linux System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 7, 2018
good culture - reasonable pay - low stress for a job in the computer industry. Work location good if you like a downtown environment. Government funded so you're not trying to scrape by without appropriate equipment.
QA Tester (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 5, 2018
I worked at ERT as a consultant more than 15 years back. I can't say much about the company now. The company had a great culture back then and most of the employees were happy.
Pros
Small company, nice working environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunities.
Growth is the focus not employees
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 8, 2018
This is an organization that only cares about the board of directors and pays no attention to it's employees. When it purchases organizations it disregards former agreements such as vacation time. It pays no regard to turnover rates and could care less why people are leaving.
Pros
A job
Cons
This company does not care about it's employees.
Laid back atmosphere
Government Contractor - National Ocean Service (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2017
ERT, Inc is a laid back, calm environment that I really enjoyed working at. The benefits are very competitive compared to other government contracting companies and all the employees I interacted with were very friendly and knowledgeable.
Pros
Friendly environment, staff is quick to respond to information requests
Cons
Internal career advancement is limited
Transportation Experience was hard but interesting
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 15, 2018
I worked for that company 2 years i Have never been at transportation industry it was a great experience , I worked 8 hrs/day , It was a stressful job because every second you expected to get a bad news about your truck , sometimes they broke in to the road sometimes they flip everything was possible, my manager was a good person he knew this job for 20 years and i still work with him in his another company
Collaborative environment with great people to work with
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 21, 2018
The employees at ERT are amazing and great. Pleasant, professional and helpful. Hopefully, the management will also come up with better ways of retaining such great talent and amazing personalities.
Great place to work, has a ping pong table
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2018
I really loved working here and miss it almost every day. I loved the workplace culture. They do a lot to give back to the community. They have a lot of fun events. There is a ping pong table and they do tournaments. The management is professional, great and they really work with you.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Flex scheduling can sometimes be a bummer
Not the best employer
Senior Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 17, 2018
ERT's environmental division is small, and the upper level staff is absolutely unhappy. There's very little interaction between staff members, and it feels like everyone has one foot out the door. They don't always get the contracts the hope to, and the turnover rate is incredibly high for such a small company. They offer no overtime or comp time when doing field work, and regularly ask their staff to work more hours than they bill for.
Bait and switch
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
At first, ERT seems like a great, forward-thinking place to work. Once you get a lay of the land, the cliquishness and dearth of experienced leadership sinks the ship.
Good place to be
Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 29, 2018
Its really good place to work here, friendly atmosphere, where they encourage new ideas. You will be responsible for many activities and place to learn and grow
Pros
Employee Engagement, value for ideas
Excellent company excellent opportunities
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 31, 2017
I love it here.
I moved up fast and the company is growing. Lots of room for everyone and plenty of space to shine.

MGMT is pretty open minded. Everyone is really friendly and great to work with.

I plan on being here a while.
Pros
health benefits, travel assistance, company outings, lots of grow opportunities
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ERT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight