Ervin Cable Construction, LLC Employee Reviews

Great company
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 12, 2019
Not sure about other locations, but the Houston branch has treated me very well. They have really valued my time and efforts within the company I couldn’t be happier. I’ve worked for numerous companies and organizations and ECC is one of the best I’ve worked for. The demand is there and our work speaks for itself. The management really cares about their employees.
very bad management
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2019
The project manager has no idea what he's doing. The rules and standards changed so many times. You need to fix your previous works multiple times. They are lack of manpower which means you will need to do more than you expect. and of course, no hope for promotion.
Pros
it's in Austin. Austin is a cool place
Cons
working environment, low pay, bad management
3 out of 5 compared to a bigger company
Lineman Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 28, 2019
Good management, most of the jobs are not that great or easy. Not the best work environment or advancement in the Chattanooga office.Just about what you should expect with any sub.
not fairly paid
Aerial Lineman splicer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 15, 2019
liked the work but wasnt paid fairly to many chiefs . company it self is good poor managment.i worked hard thete . but wasnt reconized for the work i done
Work
Fiber Optic Lineman (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2019
Was ok I guess, nobody gets along and the drama is annoying. Management up your butt all the time. Giving guys promotions and raises before they're ready
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2019
Rewards hard work. Work life balance can get out of balance during the busy seasons. Everyone is friendly creating a good atmosphere at work Good location downtown.
Good Environment
employee (Current Employee) –  Sturgis, KYApril 5, 2019
It has a good work environment. Very relaxed. People are nice and helpful. Benefits are really nice. Very hands off management which I like. Other employees are very laid back.
Cable Company
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, KYMarch 27, 2019
Great staff of contractors. Went out of their way to accomodate staff. Very much so enjoyed working here. Loved to travel to satellite offices and meet new people.
Its a great job if youre careful
Underground Laborer (Current Employee) –  Wood River, ILJanuary 15, 2019
Ervin Cable is a great company with great people running the company overall. Its filled with a lot of diferent characters. I would refer anyone looking to test out a career in cable construction. I would advise you if you are hired to be careful and to really think on which routes you go within the company because you could bury yourself in a hole that you will not be able to get out of. Direct management within regional offices need more training and tend to not focus on the feelings or struggles of the employees. If you find yourself hired and in a hole you will be traveling often and will rarely have time for life outside of work. You will put in long hours and work extremely hard for x amount of dollars. But there is always the chance you will love it. Only one way to find out. Good Luck and remember be careful.
Pros
Plenty of hours, Good trade, Lots of skills and Training, Good overall company
Cons
Cutthroat, Job will become your life, forced to travel, lack of support from upper managment, Cutthroat coworkers and managment
cable tv
Cable TV Technician (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, KYJanuary 1, 2019
its a good company to work for very demanding poor management staff but all toghtjer its a strong dycom company that will forceed you through life. its awesome
Unorganized, don't hold your breath on a raise.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 26, 2018
Interview process was great. They told me what I wanted to hear about benefits, raises, PTO. Story changed on my first day of work. You have to earn PTO throughout the year. Every month you "earn" 3/4 of a day. You may use your PTO that you haven't earned, but if you leave the company before the end of the year they take your "unearned" PTO out of your check. Everyone is told that every six months you'll be reviewed for a raise. HAHA! Management is a joke. Everyone is friends and family with everyone so you can imagine the nepotism going on with jobs and money.
Pros
Co-workers are cool
Cons
You can almost make your own schedule
Work pace was fast paced and but would have a lot of downtime.
Fiber Puller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 27, 2018
Ervin cable is good for those who are trying to get their foot into the work force and would highly recommend a high school graduate to start here for experience but wouldn’t recommend staying here for growth unless you’re willing to wait for a long time.
Pros
Unlimited hours.
Cons
Poor management.
great job, awful people
Underground Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tanner, ALNovember 14, 2018
I got fired because i was "unlikeable" and "nobody enjoyed working with me" then they lied and said it was because i was sitting in the truck while the others were working. The managers there lie to the workers and are completely unfair, they pay people different rates for the same job eventhough they have no difference in previous experience. Example: one of the new guys who started before i got fired was paid 15$ an hour as opposed to my 12$ an hour just because the managers liked him better, i had even spoke with him and compared previous experience and we had similar experience.
Very fun
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, KYOctober 26, 2018
Just tired of traveling and being gone away from my family. It was a very fun and enjoyable place to work. The employees were great to work with and caring
Best Place to Work
Fiber Optic Supervisor/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2018
Being a DYCOM subsidiary has it's perks, but being an Ervin employee was one of the most fun and rewarding careers I have had in a long time. They are always looking for new talent, and new ways of solving problems. The atmosphere is great, and the management is even better. 10/10 Would work again.
Pros
Amazing Work Place
Work
Cable TV Technician (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work for. Well experiences bunch ofcrew members to work with. Well maintain place to work for,traveling the world going places ive never been before meeting new wonders in this world. Management is not very well but you just go with the flow
ervin cable
Aerial Lineman (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 12, 2018
It was an OK place to work at. Learned quite a bit and worked with some decent people. Not enough money, and managment wasnt the best. Worked there for around 8 months and never saw a raise or was told thank you for what i did for the company.
Pros
Had my own truck
Cons
Money wasnt good enough, managament was terrible
bad to work for
GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSSeptember 10, 2018
Was asked by superiors to fill out information incorrectly to help the bottom line, a toxic work environment that had minimal room for upward mobility.
Workplace
CLAIMS BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, KYSeptember 7, 2018
Some members of the staff would step over the line with the bullying of others. Making it a hard department to work in "Safety" Other areas were more comfortable.
Pros
Set Schedule, Benefits
Cons
Immature Management
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 8, 2018
Good company to work for. I enjoyed the work environment. A good company for an entry level employee to begin his/her career. I just see no room for advancement.