Escambia County Employee Reviews

All around great
BEACH LIFEGUARD (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 17, 2018
Typically, the days were slow and full of answering questions for patrons who were either not from the area or genuinely did not know about the area. When an incident arose, the training provided was more than enough to be able to perform to the best of our abilities.
Was fun to work for but was sold
Cyber Security / Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 21, 2018
A great place to work.. Everyone got along. Its to bad that they sold the company. If we asked to get off early they would grant you that. 5 sick days, 5 PTO days, 6 Holidays paid
Pros
Employers, bosses
Cons
sometimes worked really long hours.
Working For Escambia County
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 3, 2018
Work was relaxed and fairly assigned. People you work with are friendly and always there to help. They sent me to schools to learn new system that where implementing. Boss was great to work for and always listened when a issue came up.
Pros
Helpers from the work release program
Cons
Productive and great work environment
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2018
A typical day at work became routine. Between cleaning assigned facilities, there was always a task to be done to stay busy. I learned how to manage time much better having to cover certain areas within the shift. The culture of the workplace was welcoming and more like family. All of the coworkers played as a team helping one another. The hardest part of the job was keeping the varsity football locker room clean with the guys in and out. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I played a role in keeping Tate High School spotless and sanitary.
Pros
Calm work environment/friendly coworkers
Cons
Cleaning bodily fluids (vomit etc.)
Growth Management Employee
Civil Engineer/Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 24, 2018
Engineering technician performing as a inspector and permit issuance employee in support of Escambia county and commercial company individuals and residential individuals who owned property in Escambia ,. The inspection perimiters were relative to buildings, code entorcement, civil engineering, surveying, commercial and residential properties.
Nothing....who next !!!
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 5, 2017
No appreciation for time and effort devoted to there needs. Was informed I would be given the benefit of using a company vehicle when in the southern area of the county (and was) then that all changed and then they ask me to drive my personal vehicle as far as 1 1/2 hours to work and 1 1/2 back home with no compensation for the mileage.... I was assigned to the northern part of the county.
Cons
A great job to learn about medicine sopply
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 27, 2017
• Monitoring the operation and usage of the automated battery charging system in support of communication radios, cardiac monitors, laptop computers, and pages.
• Monitoring the oxygen transfilling system, ensuring tanks are processes and refilled
• Preparing, issuing, and receiving drugs to and from ambulance crews
• Disassembling, inspecting, cleaning, and reassembling medical equipment utilizing appropriate hand tools and accessories.
You might not work for long
Substitute Custodial & Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 23, 2017
There is no job security like there was years ago. Outside companies are replacing substitutes and permanent workers. If you ar working, you may not get a full work week.
Great place!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 28, 2017
Cantonment, Florida is a fantastic place to work and live. Great place to raise kids. Schools are A plus here. Everyone is very nice
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 3, 2016
Its a good place to work , free food short hours weekends and holidays off ! you can get replaced at anytime , schools are hardly available most times
Pros
free lunch, short hours
Cons
little pay
Supportive and respected environment
ESE Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 17, 2016
Lesson planning in the morning and classroom preparation for grades 6-8 th grade special needs students. Individual lesson planning for varying levels of ability. 90 mins of intensive reading, 45 mins of math, language arts, science, social studies and life skills lessons. Social studies and social skills lessons and activities alternate daily. Time management is a must since I deal with many different needs in the class per subject from teaching non readers to readers. The hardest part of my job is helping others to understand that my students are able to do far more than most give them credit. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing my students succeed and the love they show. I could do no other job then what I do. I believe that I work with the best people in the world. My coworkers are so supportive of our students and it shows on the smiles and greetings we get each day.
Pros
My students
Cons
Healthcare, benefits
You don't want to work here! Jail has the worst management ever
law librarian (Former Employee) –  Escambia County JailDecember 26, 2015
Definitely the worse place I have ever worked! Good ole boys/girls club. If you have not worked at the jail for more than half your life, you will be treated with complete disrespect. You will see coworkers/supervisors stealing company time, not working, breaking all the rules while those who run the jail look the other way and you are busting your butt. HR will not help you, there is no room for advancement and when you ask why aren't getting interviews for internal jobs you are MORE than qualified for, they will tell you, "it's because no one knows who you are." Beyond unprofessional. The jail could be a decent place to work if they demoted from the top down. It's pretty sad when your top two in charge CHOOSE to share an office because neither one can make a decision on their own. If you have "personal" relations with the top two in charge, don't fret, you will get away with murder. However, if you have self respect and are a hard worker, you will be very unhappy working at the jail.
ok job
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 1, 2015
I been working here for almost ten years. The pay is okay, but not enough to make a living. I receive a lot of pressure from staff.
Pros
set own schedule
Cons
hard finding days to work
Avoid
teacher (Former Employee) –  pensacolaJuly 16, 2015
worked there for thirty years loved the people in the community but the government is totally an Old boys club and corrupt.
Pros
people
Cons
government
Outstanding talent pool exist at Escambia
Building Official/Manager (Former Employee) –  PensacolaNovember 11, 2014
Job and team members were outstanding, executive team very supportive , incredibly admin staff
Pros
Very supportive management
Cons
Not challenging
enjoyed working with children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 9, 2014
Working with and helping handicapped children is such a rewarding experience, the hardest part of the job is having to deal with administration, and colleagues on power trips
cleaning at the schools
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 22, 2013
I would go to the cafeteria to clean it until school let out . Then we was let in our buildings .Then we had to sweep and mop all class rooms. Clean the restroom. dust and wipe down desks and tables . wash windows if needed .Then we swept and mopped the hallways . The people were willing to help if they got done before you.
Pros
the people you worked with
Cons
the pay
Different experiences daily.
Victim Advocate/Sworn Reserve LEO (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlJanuary 22, 2013
No two days the same. Never knew from one hour until the next what might come up. Learned to work closely with victims and families. The hardest part of this job was witnessing the trauma and sadness of victims and families, also making death notifications. The most enjoyable part of this job was the hugs given by the victims and families after they had gained some sort of "normal" to their lives again.
Love this job
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 19, 2013
I had learned so much from here. Great supervisor, nice co workers, and a fun place to work. I left this job because I had to move from area because of my family.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
all benefits.