Escape the Mystery Room Employee Reviews

at first it seemed fun but it really not
ROOM SETTER (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAApril 4, 2018
When I first looked into this job it was alright. 99% of the time it is waiting for customers to come in and do a room. Otherwise it is just standing around and waiting with nothing else to do. Management is very non existence. Assistant management is non existence. On the flyer to work here it says "must be team oriented", but how can I work on a team when only 1 employee who is running the store at a time. Unless a party or corporate event is planned you do not get to work with other employee's for more than 5 minutes at a time. There are no such thing as sick days, if you can not get another employee to cover for your shift then you must come in, NO matter how sick you are. From what management is around the job advancement they say is happening all over the place is not true. Once the manager told me that they expect people to quit working on a moments notice so that is why the store will hire less than 1 hand full of people at a time. Hardest part of this job is that it seems every day there is a new memo coming out to all 5 employees who work at the store about new rules and regulations which get more ridiculous every single time I walk into the store. Training for the job is a joke, its bare minimum at best and the management expects you to know everything they do after 2 days of training on the job.

100% honesty this is the best job for loners, people who do not like to work with others on a team, other than interacting with the public or helping customers who will be there for the 1+ hours they could be doing a room, you will not need to deal with other people.
  more... I regret back in mid 2017 to ever saying yes to working there. Worst job I had since graduating high school 2 years ago!! You can make more money and respect as a burger flipper than as an employee could ever here at this place  less
Cons
Zero health care. NOT team oriented. Very bad communication between all staff.