Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews

Poor Management
SPD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46202December 5, 2018
Poor management specifically SPD Management did not follow policy or procedures. Did not hold staff accountable. Poor leadership skills. Unprofessionlal behavior from manager demeaning staff and playing favorites. Toxic work environment promoted and encouraged by manager.
Pros
Some very experienced, hard working techs
Cons
Some poorly trained techs, weak educator, poor leadership
December 12, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and thank you for the time spent with the organization. We continually strive to make improvements through innovation and employee engagement, to provide excellent care to our patients. We will be sure to pass your review onto the appropriate team for review.

Don't work for this company!
Referral Coordinator/Administrative MA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
My day consisted of scheduling appointments for our patients at specialty clinics. I learned that that patients that we treated just want to be treated as human beings. My management was great. My most enjoyable part of my job was the smiles on the patient's faces.
Pros
The patient's and my co-workers
Cons
The way the company eliminated several jobs without notice.
November 21, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided and thank you for the time spent at Eskenazi Health. Eskenazi Health follows our mission: A.C.T.S (Advocate, Care, Teach, Serve) to help the vulnerable populations of Marion County. This can be done through our P.R.I.D.E values which aid in helping Eskenazi Health to achieve the “Top 150 places to work in healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review 3 years in a row.

We will be passing your concern to the appropriate team for review, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Soul sucking work environment
Supply Technician + Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2018
I would say overall Eskanazi health is nothing more than a temporary stop for me. The work atmosphere is very poor and if you are low on the totem pole you will know it every second of every day. All of my coworkers are very selfish never wanting to work as a team and will throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat. The attendance policy is absolutely terrible for a company that is literally right in the middle of the medial field. Ever sick day will cost you one point and at 10 points is termination. So if you have a young child that gets easily sick you better have babysitter on retainer 24/7 or you will definitely be in trouble. Also in my experience I have had a lot of false promises, even turning down jobs because I was offered a raise when I turned in my 2 weeks notice for another job. Its almost a year later and I am still getting the run around as why I have not received it yet. All in all it is an ok place to earn some experience but that is all. Hopefully it is different for others.
Pros
You earn a pay check
Cons
extremely business driven, you are just a body to them not a person
November 1, 2018

Eskenazi Health appreciates the feedback you have provided. We will be passing on your concerns/ suggestions to the appropriate team for review. If you would like, we strongly encourage you to discuss them with your manager. In addition, the HR team is available for questions and additional support at 317-880-3344.

fast pased
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2018
fast passed at some locations, rotating shifts, rotating days and or weekends. Serviced the indigent population of Marion County. You had a relationship with the regular customers.
October 31, 2018

Eskenazi Health appreciates your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed the fast paced environment! We appreciate your dedicated service to the organization, in support of our vision.

Vision: Eskenazi Health will continuously strive to enhance our ability to meet the needs of the underserved and all people of Marion County, will be sound economically and will lead innovatively in clinical care, research, education and service excellence.

marcelene
Crisis Intervention Registrar (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2018
This is nice place to work for. It has security for future goals. I have been at Eskenazi over 10 years and I am very satisfied with my employment. Management has been awesome, caring and supportive. They are culturally motivated. I have learned a lot of computer skills.
October 18, 2018

At Eskenazi Health, we appreciate the feedback you have provided. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed working at Eskenazi Health over the years you have spent with us. If there is anyone that has exemplified our mission and made an impact, we recommend that you nominate them for A.C.T.S!

Eskenazi Health believes that employee development is key to continued career growth of employees. We strongly support internal promotions. Our Eskenazi Health Institute for Professional Development is a key component in the number of course offerings that we have available for employees to attend; including computer skills such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.

Would Highly Recommend!
Talent Acquisition Associate (Current Employee) –  indianapolisSeptember 27, 2018
Eskenazi Health is a wonderful place to work. They support employees through tuition reimbursement, continued educational trainings and professional development.

The benefits and PTO are very generous and low cost for quality healthcare for a family.

Eskenazi Health has engaged employees that believe in the Hospitals mission of helping our patients and that can be seen across all departments in the organization, regardless of whether you deal with patients directly.

Would recommend anyone looking to work in the healthcare industry to look into positions at Eskenazi Health!
Pros
benefits, employee engagement, Pto, Teamwork, Work/Life balance
October 8, 2018

Eskenazi Health is proud to have engaged employees within the organization, thank you for taking the time to complete a review! Our P.R.I.D.E values aid in creating an environment that promotes a positive work environment amongst employees; we have awesome individuals working at Eskenazi Health that set the example every day! If there is anyone that has exemplified our mission and made an impact, we recommend that you nominate them for A.C.T.S! If you have any questions, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Wonderful Company to Work for!
Talent Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Eskenazi HealthSeptember 21, 2018
I started at Eskenazi Health about 5 months ago and I absolutely love it! I felt that training was great, my team is helpful and friendly, and I truly feel valued in my role.

They offer great benefits, tuition reimbursement, and generous PTO.

I am very excited to continue my career at Eskenazi and continue to grow in my role.
Pros
Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Pto, Room for career growth, management
Cons
N/a
Relaxed place to work
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
I recommend anyone to work here , i loved it but couldn't work the longer hours they wanted me to over the normal 8 hour days we had to work . People are friendly
Pros
7.00 a day for lunch if you if you worked in diatery
Cons
Parking was not so great at times if u wanted a decent spot you had to get there early.
August 28, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided and thank you for your time spent at Eskenazi Health. Eskenazi Health prides itself on creating a positive work environment which aides in supporting our mission and values with the ultimate priority of helping our patients. If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of Eskenazi Health, feel free to check out and/or show our careers website at https://www.eskenazihealth.edu/careers.

If there are any questions, feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

health environment to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
very excellent place to work. advocates employee education and development. encourages employees to grow and succeed. promotes health work environment for employees which increases positive patient care.
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your continued dedication to Eskenazi Health. We appreciate engaged employees as it is key to a successful organization! At Eskenazi Health, we offer many professional development courses as well as tuition reimbursement for employees that wish to further education and knowledge. Through our P.R.I.D.E values, Eskenazi Health promotes a professional and respectful work environment to ensure positive patient care.

If you know of anyone that would fit the Eskenazi Health culture, feel free to share our careers website: https://www.eskenazihealth.edu/careers or for questions, feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Clinical
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2018
This hospital is not the best place to do clinical. I don't like the policies and procedures in place for medical care. I am pretty sure it has to do with being the state hospital

Want to know more about Eskenazi Health?

Ask a question
Educational Opportunities
Pre Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my short time at Eskenazi, met and worked with some very awesome folks. Mgmt needs to listen and learn from the worker bees to be effective.
Pros
Fun activities, discounts
Cons
Upper mgmt
July 23, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and thank you for the time spent with the organization. We continually strive to make improvements through innovation and employee engagement, to provide excellent care to our patients and to live up to our title as one of Becker’s Hospital Review “Top 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.”

WARNING Beware of cottage corner
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Eskenazi as a whole needs to be completely restructured. PERIOD I wish I could say more but I refuses to mislead people as I was. A very unprofessional organization to work for.You can be a blind,cross eyed, one legged Dog and they'd hire you. I promise the will hire anyone!!! All you need to be a manager is a GED,sometimes not even that. Absolutely no place for real professionals. Constant turn over in staff.POOR MANAGEMENT.BEWARE!!!Oh I almost left out the bonus they'll actually pay you to be dumb!
June 22, 2018

At Eskenazi Health, we have strong P.R.I.D.E. values that help guide employees and the organization as a whole – Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence. Professionalism at Eskenazi Health is important as we look to not only treat our fellow coworkers with a high level of respect, but also the patients that we serve. Thank you for providing feedback.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Epic OpTime/Anesthesia Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working here because the staff are very friendly and helpful at all times. Everyone seems to be willing to learn which is good for a great organization like Eskenazi Health. Great place to work, i love it.
Pros
Multiple programs to gain from
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Teamwork is extremely important, especially in a hospital setting! Professionalism amongst employees allows us to better assist the patients we serve.

Team-based approach
Student nurse capstone (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2018
I loved having my capstone experience during my last semester of nursing school here! I was able to learn so much and I loved my preceptor. She was very helpful.
Wouldn't recommend
RN, some part time (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2018
Would NOT recommend. 30+ year nurse with over 15 years at Wishard/Eskenazi. I worked there for the patient population, which I loved. Wishard had its problems but they lived their mission. NO LONGER. Eskenazi is a completely different culture though they talk the talk. It might vary from unit to unit but in my last position, management was only out for themselves. They were not medically trained, were intimidated by the needs, and never supported things that needed to be done to improve care. Going up the chain provided zero support, taking a long time to address some very serious concerns despite repeated attempts by several people. Management was incredibly toxic. It was exhausting to try to be a good nurse with no support, only after moving to Eskenazi. They talk diversity but are not. Another issue - I applied for a position I was well qualified for and had always been in good standing. A rejection letter came immediately, no interview; 2 weeks later the position was still posted. On the good side, you will get excellent bedside experience and probably be snapped up by another hospital just for having worked there.

I will say that my experience did not come from actual bedside care, though still patient care. It might be better for the greater population.
Pros
Patient population, nursing experience gained
Cons
Management, toxic environment

Comment – May 25, 2018

I'd like to clarify that I did do bedside nursing in one position at Wishard. Non-bedside the second time around.

June 13, 2018

Thank you for your dedicated service and the difference you made while at Eskenazi Health! At Eskenazi Health we truly believe in our P.R.I.D.E values, and aiding in our mission to Advocate. Care. Teach. Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable populations of Marion County.

Eskenazi Health continuously enhances the ability to be an innovative leader in clinical care, research, education and service excellence. We are continually working to create a positive working culture; which was recently recognized by Becker Hospital Review when they named Eskenazi as one of the top 150 places to work in Healthcare for the 3rd consecutive year, in addition to being named on Forbes’ list of ‘America’s Best Midsize Employer’.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit feedback, as it helps us to learn and grow! We encourage you to call our HR Shared Service line at 317.880.3344 should you have any questions or concerns.

I love eskenazi
Staff Nurse II-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2018
I love working for Eskenazi and would not leave unless I had to due to personal reasons. Great managers and great co-workers, good compensation, great training.
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We believe that employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We are happy that you enjoy working at Eskenazi Health and are a part of the Eskenazi Health family.

Eskenazi has been ranked on Becker's List as one of the "top 150 places to work in healthcare" 3 consecutive years and was also recently named a "top 500" company to work for in America.

At Eskenazi Health, we pride ourselves on having quality employees. If you know of any qualified RN’s that would enjoy working at Eskenazi Health, please call our Nurse Talent Acquisition Consultants Team at 317-880-3372 or 317-880-3357!

Mangement was bad
Financial Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
The new management that came on board was trash. They didn't care about the staff nor the company hints as why they are no longer working their. If its not broke don't fix it.
May 25, 2018

At Eskenazi Health, we value feedback as we continue to strengthen our organization, through innovation and forward thinking. Our efforts are being noticed as Becker’s Hospital Review has named us one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for the third consecutive year, in addition to being recognized on the Forbes list of "America's Best Employers 2018”.

If you have any concerns, feel free to call the HR Shared Service Line at 317-880-3344.

Good place to work!
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
Most people do not pull their weight but there are a few that do. This is the only thing that makes this place bad. the benefits are decent. The patient population is very interesting.
benefits
Cons
professionalism
May 25, 2018

Eskenazi Health focuses on the development of our employees. We offer professional development classes offered by our Eskenazi Institute for Professional Development as well as rounding within the departments between managers and employees.

As a top priority of our mission, Eskenazi Health is focused on assisting those patients specifically within Marion County with high quality healthcare. Marion county has a diverse population and thus, we have diverse patients that we have an opportunity to care for and help.

At Eskenazi Health, we strongly encourage that all employees represent the organization based on P.R.I.D.E values. Professionalism is a component of P.R.I.D.E in which everyone needs to be respectful and courteous to each other in the workplace. If you have suggestions please discuss them with your manager. You are more than welcome to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344 as well!

Thank you for your feedback!

Nice place to work, l love it.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2018
I love working here my coworkers are the best. I love being around the patients they keep I smile on my face I meet some really nice people here. The downside is when the patients don't make it and you got to know them and families.
May 14, 2018

We work diligently to ensure a culture of positivity in the workplace as well as the continued development of relationships amongst colleagues and patients alike. Our employees are part of the Eskenazi Health family! To inquire about available programs which assist employees through difficult times, feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344.

Thank you for your feedback and dedicated service! At Eskenazi Health, we strongly believe employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We value employee feedback as it supports us in driving our mission.

Great work life balance
Registered Nurse-Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2018
They really do care about the mental health of their employees. They take the time to ensure their employees are well taken care of, even providing stress relief while at work.
May 14, 2018

We believe that happy employees will ensure better care for our patients. We understand that at times working in healthcare can be stressful; therefore we offer opportunities to relieve stress such as a dog therapy, a free gym for employees which includes free personal training, discount at our spa, etc.  In addition, we also offer Lifeservice EAP for all Eskenazi Health employees should there be a need for more focused assistance, feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344 for further information.

Our ultimate goal is to help our patients in need, and the best way to do that is to ensure we have happy employees. At Eskenazi Health, we strongly believe employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We value employee feedback , as it supports us in driving our mission.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eskenazi Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight