Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews

Death Star
Floor Technician/Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2019
Vicious, Evil Spirited, Racist, Malicious co-workers and management. I wasn't worth working there. I should have left sooner than later. Do not apply if you have respect for your self. Lazy people who work there will cause a toxic work environment. Harassment and Bullying is the norm.
Cons
Great compensation but very poor management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2019
Worked for Eskenazi/Wishard for over 13 years. When we moved to the new Hospital, things began to change. Management left, upper management. Now things are "shakey". Department manager has made over 15 or more people leave since I have been there. Doesn't get along with anyone, but they continue to keep her. Director is just as bad, no communication between us and them. Used to be a great place to work, but now everyone is afraid to speak, or communicate.
Some departments are great, and the people in them. But this department is the worst in the hospital.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping others.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Management and nobody listens to your imput
Great organization, terrible department
Digital Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2019
Loved what the organization did for the Indianapolis community; however, the department I worked in was a disaster due to leadership. Very toxic environment, micromanagerial and no room to grow.
Great place and environment to work in
PGY1 Pharmacy Resident (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 19, 2019
Pharmacy CareersPGY1 PGY2 - Critical Care PGY2 - Internal Medicine PGY2 - Psychiatry
POST-GRADUATE YEAR 1 RESIDENCY
The purpose of the Eskenazi Health PGY1 Residency Program is to build on Doctor of Pharmacy education and contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions. Residents who complete the program are eligible for board certification and for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.

The ASHP-accredited Eskenazi Health Post-Graduate Year 1 (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency is defined as organized and directed postgraduate training in general pharmacotherapy.

The purpose of the Eskenazi Health PGY1 Residency Program is to build on Doctor of Pharmacy education and outcomes and to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions. Residents who complete the program are eligible for board certification and for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.

Upon successful completion of the Eskenazi Health PGY1 Pharmacy Residency, the resident shall be able to:

Provide patient-specific pharmaceutical care in ambulatory and inpatient settings
Educate patients, students and health care professionals
Apply the skills of continuous quality improvement to advance the medication use process
Demonstrate behaviors consistent with self-improvement and lifelong learning
Practice skills consistent with competent pharmacists
great enviroment
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 23, 2018
challenging and rewarding work environment. excellent benefits. nursing staff and doctors work well together. High ER trauma load, great ortho surgeons
December 28, 2018

Thank you for your continued dedication to Eskenazi Health. We appreciate engaged employees as it is key to a successful organization! If you know of anyone that would fit the Eskenazi Health culture, feel free to share our careers website: https://www.eskenazihealth.edu/careers or for questions, feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Great place to work if you can handle poor management
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 22, 2018
Eskenazi is a great place to work at, with many benefits of positive corporate culture. Employees receive appreciation days and small gifts, with generous PTO. Though with generous PTO, they do not like you taking more than 2 weeks off.
Management isn't the greatest. From director to VP, there isn't a good plan in place. VP doesn't know how incompetent the director is, who has no idea how horrible some managers. Some managers should have to experience their subordinates duties first to understand what kind of workload they're managing. There's an overall push to give all work down to the lowest level, while managers micro-manage and attend meetings to push more work down without reducing workload through efficient automated practices. A lot of expectations that really can't be met. If you're okay with working nonstop, and dealing with petty management decisions, then this is a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Free weekly indoor concerts, healthy cafeteria, employee appreciations, and generous PTO.
Cons
Incompetent management from manager to directors, to VP's. Pay for parking. Need to use PTO for Holidays.
December 31, 2018

We appreciate the review you have provided; employee engagement is impactful to a successful organization. Eskenazi Health instills P.R.I.D.E values throughout the organization that play a role in the interaction between colleagues and the overall culture of Eskenazi Health.

We do appreciate the suggestion you have provided and will pass it onto the appropriate team for review. Eskenazi Health supports employee engagement and appreciates feedback on process improvements and understanding the needs of our employees, through 1-on-1 rounding with departmental leaders.

Dictorial Management
REGISTERED NURSE ICU STAFF NURSE II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2018
It is really sad because the mission of Wishard Hospital did not move to Eskenazi when we moved 5 years ago. The management has become very unreasonable, unprofessional, and vicious. I have worked there many years only because I could stay under the radar. The one time I protested the unfair treatment of a coworker in the confidence of an email to a manager, the managers have not stopped bullying myself as well as the other person. Atmosphere very suffocating, poor employee moral, many looking for new jobs.
Pros
parking garage fees deducted directly from check, basically good professional direct coworkers
Cons
Cruel, unprofessional management, Ceo
Poor Management
SPD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46202December 5, 2018
Poor management specifically SPD Management did not follow policy or procedures. Did not hold staff accountable. Poor leadership skills. Unprofessionlal behavior from manager demeaning staff and playing favorites. Toxic work environment promoted and encouraged by manager.
Pros
Some very experienced, hard working techs
Cons
Some poorly trained techs, weak educator, poor leadership
December 12, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and thank you for the time spent with the organization. We continually strive to make improvements through innovation and employee engagement, to provide excellent care to our patients. We will be sure to pass your review onto the appropriate team for review.

Don't work for this company!
Referral Coordinator/Administrative MA (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2018
My day consisted of scheduling appointments for our patients at specialty clinics. I learned that that patients that we treated just want to be treated as human beings. My management was great. My most enjoyable part of my job was the smiles on the patient's faces.
Pros
The patient's and my co-workers
Cons
The way the company eliminated several jobs without notice.
November 21, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided and thank you for the time spent at Eskenazi Health. Eskenazi Health follows our mission: A.C.T.S (Advocate, Care, Teach, Serve) to help the vulnerable populations of Marion County. This can be done through our P.R.I.D.E values which aid in helping Eskenazi Health to achieve the “Top 150 places to work in healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review 3 years in a row.

We will be passing your concern to the appropriate team for review, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Soul sucking work environment
Supply Technician + Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2018
I would say overall Eskanazi health is nothing more than a temporary stop for me. The work atmosphere is very poor and if you are low on the totem pole you will know it every second of every day. All of my coworkers are very selfish never wanting to work as a team and will throw you under the bus at the drop of a hat. The attendance policy is absolutely terrible for a company that is literally right in the middle of the medial field. Ever sick day will cost you one point and at 10 points is termination. So if you have a young child that gets easily sick you better have babysitter on retainer 24/7 or you will definitely be in trouble. Also in my experience I have had a lot of false promises, even turning down jobs because I was offered a raise when I turned in my 2 weeks notice for another job. Its almost a year later and I am still getting the run around as why I have not received it yet. All in all it is an ok place to earn some experience but that is all. Hopefully it is different for others.
Pros
You earn a pay check
Cons
extremely business driven, you are just a body to them not a person
November 1, 2018

Eskenazi Health appreciates the feedback you have provided. We will be passing on your concerns/ suggestions to the appropriate team for review. If you would like, we strongly encourage you to discuss them with your manager. In addition, the HR team is available for questions and additional support at 317-880-3344.

fast pased
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2018
fast passed at some locations, rotating shifts, rotating days and or weekends. Serviced the indigent population of Marion County. You had a relationship with the regular customers.
October 31, 2018

Eskenazi Health appreciates your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed the fast paced environment! We appreciate your dedicated service to the organization, in support of our vision.

Vision: Eskenazi Health will continuously strive to enhance our ability to meet the needs of the underserved and all people of Marion County, will be sound economically and will lead innovatively in clinical care, research, education and service excellence.

marcelene
Crisis Intervention Registrar (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2018
This is nice place to work for. It has security for future goals. I have been at Eskenazi over 10 years and I am very satisfied with my employment. Management has been awesome, caring and supportive. They are culturally motivated. I have learned a lot of computer skills.
October 18, 2018

At Eskenazi Health, we appreciate the feedback you have provided. We are happy to hear you have enjoyed working at Eskenazi Health over the years you have spent with us. If there is anyone that has exemplified our mission and made an impact, we recommend that you nominate them for A.C.T.S!

Eskenazi Health believes that employee development is key to continued career growth of employees. We strongly support internal promotions. Our Eskenazi Health Institute for Professional Development is a key component in the number of course offerings that we have available for employees to attend; including computer skills such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.

Would Highly Recommend!
Talent Acquisition Associate (Current Employee) –  indianapolisSeptember 27, 2018
Eskenazi Health is a wonderful place to work. They support employees through tuition reimbursement, continued educational trainings and professional development.

The benefits and PTO are very generous and low cost for quality healthcare for a family.

Eskenazi Health has engaged employees that believe in the Hospitals mission of helping our patients and that can be seen across all departments in the organization, regardless of whether you deal with patients directly.

Would recommend anyone looking to work in the healthcare industry to look into positions at Eskenazi Health!
Pros
benefits, employee engagement, Pto, Teamwork, Work/Life balance
October 8, 2018

Eskenazi Health is proud to have engaged employees within the organization, thank you for taking the time to complete a review! Our P.R.I.D.E values aid in creating an environment that promotes a positive work environment amongst employees; we have awesome individuals working at Eskenazi Health that set the example every day! If there is anyone that has exemplified our mission and made an impact, we recommend that you nominate them for A.C.T.S! If you have any questions, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Wonderful Company to Work for!
Talent Sourcer (Current Employee) –  Eskenazi HealthSeptember 21, 2018
I started at Eskenazi Health about 5 months ago and I absolutely love it! I felt that training was great, my team is helpful and friendly, and I truly feel valued in my role.

They offer great benefits, tuition reimbursement, and generous PTO.

I am very excited to continue my career at Eskenazi and continue to grow in my role.
Pros
Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Pto, Room for career growth, management
Cons
N/a
Relaxed place to work
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
I recommend anyone to work here , i loved it but couldn't work the longer hours they wanted me to over the normal 8 hour days we had to work . People are friendly
Pros
7.00 a day for lunch if you if you worked in diatery
Cons
Parking was not so great at times if u wanted a decent spot you had to get there early.
August 28, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided and thank you for your time spent at Eskenazi Health. Eskenazi Health prides itself on creating a positive work environment which aides in supporting our mission and values with the ultimate priority of helping our patients. If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of Eskenazi Health, feel free to check out and/or show our careers website at https://www.eskenazihealth.edu/careers.

If there are any questions, feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

health environment to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
very excellent place to work. advocates employee education and development. encourages employees to grow and succeed. promotes health work environment for employees which increases positive patient care.
July 27, 2018

Thank you for your continued dedication to Eskenazi Health. We appreciate engaged employees as it is key to a successful organization! At Eskenazi Health, we offer many professional development courses as well as tuition reimbursement for employees that wish to further education and knowledge. Through our P.R.I.D.E values, Eskenazi Health promotes a professional and respectful work environment to ensure positive patient care.

Clinical
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 20, 2018
This hospital is not the best place to do clinical. I don't like the policies and procedures in place for medical care. I am pretty sure it has to do with being the state hospital
Educational Opportunities
Pre Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my short time at Eskenazi, met and worked with some very awesome folks. Mgmt needs to listen and learn from the worker bees to be effective.
Pros
Fun activities, discounts
Cons
Upper mgmt
July 23, 2018

We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and thank you for the time spent with the organization. We continually strive to make improvements through innovation and employee engagement, to provide excellent care to our patients and to live up to our title as one of Becker’s Hospital Review “Top 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare.”

WARNING Beware of cottage corner
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Eskenazi as a whole needs to be completely restructured. PERIOD I wish I could say more but I refuses to mislead people as I was. A very unprofessional organization to work for.You can be a blind,cross eyed, one legged Dog and they'd hire you. I promise the will hire anyone!!! All you need to be a manager is a GED,sometimes not even that. Absolutely no place for real professionals. Constant turn over in staff.POOR MANAGEMENT.BEWARE!!!Oh I almost left out the bonus they'll actually pay you to be dumb!
June 22, 2018

At Eskenazi Health, we have strong P.R.I.D.E. values that help guide employees and the organization as a whole – Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence. Professionalism at Eskenazi Health is important as we look to not only treat our fellow coworkers with a high level of respect, but also the patients that we serve. Thank you for providing feedback.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Epic OpTime/Anesthesia Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working here because the staff are very friendly and helpful at all times. Everyone seems to be willing to learn which is good for a great organization like Eskenazi Health. Great place to work, i love it.
Pros
Multiple programs to gain from
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Teamwork is extremely important, especially in a hospital setting! Professionalism amongst employees allows us to better assist the patients we serve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eskenazi Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Eskenazi Health Reviews by Location