Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews

WARNING Beware of cottage corner
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Eskenazi as a whole needs to be completely restructured. PERIOD I wish I could say more but I refuses to mislead people as I was. A very unprofessional organization to work for.You can be a blind,cross eyed, one legged Dog and they'd hire you. I promise the will hire anyone!!! All you need to be a manager is a GED,sometimes not even that. Absolutely no place for real professionals. Constant turn over in staff.POOR MANAGEMENT.BEWARE!!!Oh I almost left out the bonus they'll actually pay you to be dumb!
June 22, 2018

At Eskenazi Health, we have strong P.R.I.D.E. values that help guide employees and the organization as a whole – Professionalism, Respect, Innovation, Development, and Excellence. Professionalism at Eskenazi Health is important as we look to not only treat our fellow coworkers with a high level of respect, but also the patients that we serve. Thank you for providing feedback.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Epic OpTime/Anesthesia Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
I enjoy working here because the staff are very friendly and helpful at all times. Everyone seems to be willing to learn which is good for a great organization like Eskenazi Health. Great place to work, i love it.
Pros
Multiple programs to gain from
June 22, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! Teamwork is extremely important, especially in a hospital setting! Professionalism amongst employees allows us to better assist the patients we serve.

Wouldn't recommend
RN, some part time (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2018
Would NOT recommend. 30+ year nurse with over 15 years at Wishard/Eskenazi. I worked there for the patient population, which I loved. Wishard had its problems but they lived their mission. NO LONGER. Eskenazi is a completely different culture though they talk the talk. It might vary from unit to unit but in my last position, management was only out for themselves. They were not medically trained, were intimidated by the needs, and never supported things that needed to be done to improve care. Going up the chain provided zero support, taking a long time to address some very serious concerns despite repeated attempts by several people. Management was incredibly toxic. It was exhausting to try to be a good nurse with no support, only after moving to Eskenazi. They talk diversity but are not. Another issue - I applied for a position I was well qualified for and had always been in good standing. A rejection letter came immediately, no interview; 2 weeks later the position was still posted. On the good side, you will get excellent bedside experience and probably be snapped up by another hospital just for having worked there.

I will say that my experience did not come from actual bedside care, though still patient care. It might be better for the greater population.
Pros
Patient population, nursing experience gained
Cons
Management, toxic environment

Comment – May 25, 2018

I'd like to clarify that I did do bedside nursing in one position at Wishard. Non-bedside the second time around.

June 13, 2018

Thank you for your dedicated service and the difference you made while at Eskenazi Health! At Eskenazi Health we truly believe in our P.R.I.D.E values, and aiding in our mission to Advocate. Care. Teach. Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable populations of Marion County.

Eskenazi Health continuously enhances the ability to be an innovative leader in clinical care, research, education and service excellence. We are continually working to create a positive working culture; which was recently recognized by Becker Hospital Review when they named Eskenazi as one of the top 150 places to work in Healthcare for the 3rd consecutive year, in addition to being named on Forbes’ list of ‘America’s Best Midsize Employer’.

We appreciate you taking the time to submit feedback, as it helps us to learn and grow! We encourage you to call our HR Shared Service line at 317.880.3344 should you have any questions or concerns.

I love eskenazi
Staff Nurse II-Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 8, 2018
I love working for Eskenazi and would not leave unless I had to due to personal reasons. Great managers and great co-workers, good compensation, great training.
May 25, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We believe that employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We are happy that you enjoy working at Eskenazi Health and are a part of the Eskenazi Health family.

Eskenazi has been ranked on Becker's List as one of the "top 150 places to work in healthcare" 3 consecutive years and was also recently named a "top 500" company to work for in America.

At Eskenazi Health, we pride ourselves on having quality employees. If you know of any qualified RN’s that would enjoy working at Eskenazi Health, please call our Nurse Talent Acquisition Consultants Team at 317-880-3372 or 317-880-3357!

Mangement was bad
Financial Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
The new management that came on board was trash. They didn't care about the staff nor the company hints as why they are no longer working their. If its not broke don't fix it.
May 25, 2018

At Eskenazi Health, we value feedback as we continue to strengthen our organization, through innovation and forward thinking. Our efforts are being noticed as Becker’s Hospital Review has named us one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for the third consecutive year, in addition to being recognized on the Forbes list of "America's Best Employers 2018”.

If you have any concerns, feel free to call the HR Shared Service Line at 317-880-3344.

Good place to work!
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2018
Most people do not pull their weight but there are a few that do. This is the only thing that makes this place bad. the benefits are decent. The patient population is very interesting.
benefits
Cons
professionalism
May 25, 2018

Eskenazi Health focuses on the development of our employees. We offer professional development classes offered by our Eskenazi Institute for Professional Development as well as rounding within the departments between managers and employees.

As a top priority of our mission, Eskenazi Health is focused on assisting those patients specifically within Marion County with high quality healthcare. Marion county has a diverse population and thus, we have diverse patients that we have an opportunity to care for and help.

At Eskenazi Health, we strongly encourage that all employees represent the organization based on P.R.I.D.E values. Professionalism is a component of P.R.I.D.E in which everyone needs to be respectful and courteous to each other in the workplace. If you have suggestions please discuss them with your manager. You are more than welcome to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344 as well!

Thank you for your feedback!

Nice place to work, l love it.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2018
I love working here my coworkers are the best. I love being around the patients they keep I smile on my face I meet some really nice people here. The downside is when the patients don't make it and you got to know them and families.
May 14, 2018

We work diligently to ensure a culture of positivity in the workplace as well as the continued development of relationships amongst colleagues and patients alike. Our employees are part of the Eskenazi Health family! To inquire about available programs which assist employees through difficult times, feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344.

Thank you for your feedback and dedicated service! At Eskenazi Health, we strongly believe employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We value employee feedback as it supports us in driving our mission.

Great work life balance
Registered Nurse-Surgical Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2018
They really do care about the mental health of their employees. They take the time to ensure their employees are well taken care of, even providing stress relief while at work.
May 14, 2018

We believe that happy employees will ensure better care for our patients. We understand that at times working in healthcare can be stressful; therefore we offer opportunities to relieve stress such as a dog therapy, a free gym for employees which includes free personal training, discount at our spa, etc.  In addition, we also offer Lifeservice EAP for all Eskenazi Health employees should there be a need for more focused assistance, feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344 for further information.

Our ultimate goal is to help our patients in need, and the best way to do that is to ensure we have happy employees. At Eskenazi Health, we strongly believe employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We value employee feedback , as it supports us in driving our mission.

Loved working there!
Epic IT Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2018
This was the best place I have worked. Wonderful people who truly worked as a team. Very pleasant atmosphere where staff treats all patients with sincere caring and respect.
Pros
Insurance, retirement, coworkers, work life balance
Cons
recent restructuring that emliminated my position
April 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! The pleasant atmosphere is key to a thriving organization, all done with the assistance of our P.R.I.D.E values. We value employee feedback so that we can continue to improve as an organization to uphold our mission. If you are interested in returning to Eskenazi Health to continue to contribute to the positive atmosphere, feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 317-880-3344 to talk to a recruiter today!

Great place to work, I feel I their number one cheerleader
Clinical Manager Acuity Adaptable (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2018
The mission is a tangible, palpable experience at Eskenazi Health. It has aligned to my core values for over 25 years. I have been challenged mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually throughout my career here. Each develops a stronger sense of pride to be a part of a facility that goes above and beyond for our community. The patient comes first. Each day I learn and grow. Professional development is fully supported. I couldn't be more proud to be a part of it. It has been a very satisfying career.
Pros
work culture
April 30, 2018

We appreciate the time and dedication that you have provided to Eskenazi Health over the last 25 years. Given that Eskenazi Health is considered a learning hospital, we are happy to hear that you have continued to learn and grow with the Hospital. Thank you for being a part of the Eskenazi Health family and continuing to represent Eskenazi Health's mission and vision. You are a part of why Eskenazi Health is proudly featured in Becker's Hospital Review's 2016 and 2017 top 150 places to work in healthcare.

At Eskenazi Health, we strongly believe employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We value employee feedback so that we can continue to improve as an organization to uphold our mission. At Eskenazi Health, we rely on P.R.I.D.E values to help be the guiding principles for employees.

A complex environment
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2018
Between the difficult patients and the immaturity and childish co-workers it is amazingly tough to want a future with this organization. Management tries to do their best but it seems their hands get tied by even the lowest level employees with the way society thrives off the abuse or threat there of human resources.
Pros
Discounted cafe
Cons
Flexible schedule
April 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! At Eskenazi Health, we strongly believe employee engagement is key to a successful organization. We value employee feedback so that we can constantly improve as an organization to help aid in our mission. At Eskenazi Health, we rely on P.R.I.D.E values to help be the guiding principles for employees.

Professionalism is a big factor in the way we demonstrate professionalism, appearance and actions in serving our customers or community. That Professionalism is even placed on how we interact with fellow colleagues around Eskenazi Health. We believe there should be an environment of positivity and engagement around Eskenazi Health.

We strongly encourage you to discuss any suggestions you may have with your manager. We do appreciate the feedback provided as we proudly want to continue to represent Eskenazi Health as one of the Top 150 places to work in healthcare. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to give Human Resources a call at 317-880-3344!

Poor management
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2018
The company is more concerned with their financial bottom line than their clients. The worth of the employee is based on productivity and billable hours. A typical day includes chasing hours, an a push for little regard for client care. Management is not diverse and has little understanding for its employees and will lie to your face. The high turn over rate is alarming and not therapeutic for clients.

The tuition reimbursement is unattainable and likely not given to many. You must meet productivity, which is laughable given the population has many barriers to gaining access to care to begin with. The no show rate is so high that you can only bill for less than half of the day, which does not equate to reaching productivity. Therefore, the reimbursement is not likely to happen.

Oh, and taking a lunch break is frowned upon especially if you cannot meet your productivity (no one can meet those standards).

Do not waste your time with this company.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks; poor management; poor client care; money driven
Very fast paced and fun place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2018
A typical work day here is pretty busy but does run smoothly. I really enjoy working with the senior population. I have developed friendships with the patients. I see them often as we provide their primary care. I would have to say the hardest part is when a patient relocates or dies. It's hard to lose a pt when you have providing care for them for so long.
Pros
coworkers are like family
Cons
a distance from home
None yet (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
Nice people, collaborative culture; people really do show up to do right by the patients. Unfortunately job security is almost non-existence as the organization tends to layoff large number of employees every four to five years.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Job security
Beautiful Facility
ELIGIBILITY RESOURCE ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2018
Friendly work environment. Enjoy helping patients. Very busy work environment. Well diversified group of employees. Improvement needed for training. Allow more flexibility for their employees.
Pros
Beautiful Facility
Cons
Poor Management
Loved my clients
SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2018
I loved the population and client's I worked with. However once I got my degree there wasn't much options for advancement in my location therefore I looked for a different job.
Good People, Great advancement
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2018
Been working for this company even before the new hospital was built. I have always loved working here. Because of the population we serve, you learn a lot about the people in your community. They have no problems teaching you new skills and they are welcoming of new ideas.
Pros
Opportunity for advancements
Lab Technician II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 20, 2018
I would recommend this company for employment. Lovely fairly new hospital with a good location not far from downtown. Great on diversity and culture awareness.
Pros
New, Fun, Food, Teaching hospital, Burn Unit, Midtown
A decent place to work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2018
Overall this is a rewarding company to work for. I enjoyed my time with the company. Lately there was a management overhaul, completely up-ending the workplace culture, attitude, and job expectations. While normally laid-back, this change in leadership caused a complete disarray and led to a stressful work environment. The benefits are good, but not good enough to justify staying.
Pros
Lots of paid time off starting immediately
Cons
Expensive health insurance
Do Not Waste Your Effort
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 14, 2018
Horrible management. No room for advancement unless you are willing to lie, cheat, and steal! You are promised the world and given nothing but a hard time. Turn over is awful!
Pros
Cons
Everything about the organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eskenazi Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight