Eskenazi Health
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews

Eskenazi Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great place to work I feel supported and love my job. There is a great employee engagement program and a pet therapy program that is wonderful. The pay could be better.

The management is awesome here. They are always encouraging us to work by giving us gifts and sending us heart warming emails regarding the great job we are doing.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Sometimes mean nurses

Productive fun work place

I love the job, The atmosphere is beautiful everyone is nice friendly and willing to help. They have many programs that could assist you. It’s overall a wonderful place to work it gives great opportunities and chances to move up in the company as well

Pros

Great employee appreciation gifts

Work culture is good lots of room for advancement

Very good with pay they often offer bonuses management is easy to talk to but at times may not get a lot accomplished. What's hired it's pretty hard to get fired as long as you doing what you need to do. A lot of them employees tend to be like family so you are supported a lot the bonuses are really good pay is always competitive and they are pretty flexible with working with school schedules.

Pros

Cafeteria is pretty good

Cons

Lots of PTO given

Provides Unique Experiences

Manager very flexible with work hours, takes out time for training and seeing how I'm doing. The work is not too challenging, and I certainly feel like I learn new things on the job.

Pros

Flex-time

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Treat it like a job not a career

Unless you are a Dr or nurse Eskenazi should be treated like a job not a career! There is no room for growth within the company and the management teams are not companionate or understanding about things that come up with their employees. Also sick time and vacation time are the same so there are no “sick days” only vacation days

Pros

Pay is ok

Cons

Short breaks, no opportunities

If you're a Rad tech don't do it

This should be a Rad Techs worst and last option. Very poor Mgmt. Always understaffed- why? Because it sucks that's why. It's the worst of the worst patient wise. I'm not a unhappy tech, but I've been to enough places to know what a bad job is and this is it. You will have zero down time and I mean zero. You'll be so backed up you'll want to walk out. Knowing you have too come back the next day and see the same shiz all over again is not healthy. Don't apply. Stay away it's a nightmare

Pros

There are no pros

Cons

All of it

The people

I loved it , I would definitely go back ! I loved management . The job worked with you in case of emergencies. The pay was just ok , it definitely could’ve been more . Overall wonderful company

My time at Eskenazi was a very positive experience. There was opportunity to learn and and advance in the hospital when positions became available. The benefits were good.

Great Starting out job

I was a care tech at eskenazi and I did like my job, expect it can get boring at times. But if you are a student, it is very flexible in terms of workign and scheduling

First class hospital, leadership, and employees

Eskenazi is a very special place. It has the look and feel of a top notch private hospital, but is actually a safety net health system serving the underserved. The leadership is stable, experienced, and supportive. The staff are dedicated and hard-working. The culture fiercly values and supports diversity among team members. It really is hard to find fault with this organization.

I would not recommend, high turnover

They don't care about or listen to their employees. Only care about making money and increasing their numbers of patients. No compassion and unfair practices when it comes to their work policies. Very strict, use a 10 point scale system for absences, clocking in or out or even if you forget to where your i.d. badge, you get a point. After 10 point you will get fired. No excuses, no emergencies they don't care, will only say "Well, that's our Policy ". You know it's bad when even the supervisors often quit.

Pros

Helping patients

Cons

Pay, short lunches, strict, harsh policies, no compassion for employees

Wonderful company

Eskenazi is a very rewarding job. I always will recommend people to go work with them. If you want a rewarding job this is your place. The benefits are wonderful, I do wish upper management took more control of providing more safety measures as well as taking employee concerns more seriously. The training could be improved directed more to the job position itself instead of directed to all sorts of positions. CPI Trainining should be implemented.

Pros

Great benefits, supportive staff, rewarding

Cons

Communication between management and staff, needs to increase specific role trainings, employees need to be heard when it comes to bringing up concerns of saftey

Strong mission

Helping others who are less fortunate, that is what its about. Great place to work if this is what you truly believe in along with like-minded professionals.

Productive workplace

I Love the job. Great community to work in. Busy work environment but everyone is very helpful. It’s a good place to be especially being new to the field. You can learn a lot in Such a short period.

Awesome teamwork

I’ve worked here twice now and I’ve loved it. The patient population, the teamwork of the nurses, management is very helpful and does not bother you. They try to work with your schedule. Pay is excellent and plenty of OT with great compensation.

Small family like atophere

I worked in the Office Patient Experience. Which was a small department. I worked the information as well as different floors and departments of the hospital, I started at front information as well different departments. From 207 to 2019

Pros

Atmopshere

Cons

Favortism

Good pay and benefits

Pay was good for this position. Management is terrible and shows favoritism, only way to be promoted within this department is if you kiss managements butt, they would prefer to hire externally.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Love working here- feels like family. Management is supportive and I love my teammates! Campus is beautiful and they care about employees physical and mental health!

Pros

Remote work great support from management

Not worth it

Pros:-Great people on the team- Can take summers off - Great benefits Cons:- Micromanaged- Have to deal with school and Eskenazi Management- Homebased sucks- Small Salary- Might be isolated at the school- No free coffee

Pros

Great people on the team, Can take summers off, Great benefits

Cons

Micromanaged, Have to deal with school and Eskenazi Management, Homebased sucks, Small Salary, Might be isolated at the school, No free coffee

Great place to start!

I worked as a patient care tech for 1.5 years while in nursing school. I absolutely loved it. Management is greet & I felt supported. Sometimes the job was stressful, but I always felt like it was a good fit for me.

Pros

Support, pay, shift differentials, quality of care

Cons

Short breaks, long hours and it can get boring sometimes

Official response from Eskenazi Health

May 6, 2021
Thank you for your feedback and time spent with Eskenazi Health! Our PRIDE values are about making sure every patient, visitor, community member and employee who comes in contact with our organization has a positive experience.If you or anyone you know is interested in being a part of Eskenazi Health, feel free to check out and/or show our careers website at https://www.eskenazihealth.edu/careers. If there are any questions, feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eskenazi Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight