Eskenazi Health
64Average

Eskenazi Health Employee Reviews

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Eskenazi Health is okay. Sometimes the expectations exceed the amount of time in which they can be completed.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Eskenazi Health are reasonably fair & comparable to the market. They've done recent market analysis which has led to pay increase.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Eskenazi Health, I think it's very good.ManagementIn general, managers at Eskenazi Health care for their employees but sometimes don't understand all the intricacies of implementing expectations while balancing staff morale.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Eskenazi Health is positive. There is great team work & support.OverallMy experience working at Eskenazi Health - Overall senior leadership cares for the staff. However, there are too many changes & very high expectations that continue to increase pressure. Things are excessively complicated. Teams do well supporting each other & there are some fun activities.
The call center was very busy. You get plenty of training, and there is always help nearby. The manager is down to earth, understanding, but no nonsense. Eskenazi itself needs to completely change their processes for primary care. The job is fine, but you spend most of your day apologizing for appointments not being available or for the offices not getting back with patients.
Pros
Decent pay, decent schedule.
Cons
So many angry patients, a lot of verbal abuse from said patients
truly wished i could have stayed there for the rest of my career. it was never a dull moment. if you need a job to keep you on your toes but do not want alot of hands on this is the job for you
November 25, 2020
We appreciate the review you have provided Eskenazi Health. We also appreciate the time and dedication you provided to the organization. Having a team that supports a culture of positivity, growth and autonomy is important for anyone looking to be a part of a successful organization.If you would like to refer anyone to work at Eskenazi Health – be sure to have them check out our careers website at www.eskenazihealth.edu/careers
Like every organization there are ups and downs but the hospital really cares about it’s employees and it’s patients. A lot of health incentives and support groups
Pros
Helpful colleagues, always something new to learn
Cons
None that stand out from any other place
October 27, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Eskenazi Health. We appreciate the dedication you provided while a part of the Eskenazi Health family. At Eskenazi Health, we love to express our appreciating for our employee’s endless dedication to our patients and community through – family fun events, a week dedicated to employee appreciation, Top ACTS and many more! Senior Leaders throughout the organization go above and beyond to ensure that employees are recognized and supported in everything they do – from pursuing further education by leveraging our tuition reimbursement program to helping them achieve future career goals.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Average work environment, management isn't anything to ride home about. We are constantly understaffed and underpaid. The only thing I love about my job are my coworkers
August 3, 2020
Thanks for taking the time to submit a review, and thank you for your continued dedication. Eskenazi Health strives to maintain a positive work environment across all areas of the organization; especially during COVID.Our dedicated compensation team works hard to ensure all employees are paid fairly and our compensation remains competitive. In addition to pay, Eskenazi Health offers acomprehensive benefits package that include: medical, dental and vision benefits, retirement (contribution & match), Paid Time Off hours accumulating each pay period that start on your 1st paycheck, free 24/7 employee gym , wellness offerings, access to the SkyFarm and much more!If you have any questions or concerns, our Human Resources team is available at 317-880-3344.
I absolutely love the environment here. It is extremely culturally diverse, management goes above and beyond to help you, I feel so appreciated as a RN. I've referred a lot of people to find jobs here, from techs to nurses. The pay is great, the benefits are phenomenal... I love it here.
Pros
Benefits, pay, coworkers, management
August 10, 2020
We appreciate the review you have provided Eskenazi Health! We are happy to hear you are enjoying the culture at Eskenazi Health and feel supported by leadership, this type of experience has aided in Eskenazi Health being ranked on Becker’s Hospital Review as the Top 150 places to work in healthcare four years in a row, ranked on Forbes Magazine Best Places to Work for Women and many more!At Eskenazi Heatlh, we have a team dedicated to the diversity and inclusion efforts all across the hospital – with a number of different resource groups that aid in the diverse populations! Feel free to call Human Resources at 317-880-3344 to learn more!Thank you for taking the time to refer candidates to Eskenazi Health. If you aren’t already, be sure to take advantage of the Employee Referral program! You can refer potential new employees to the organization by going to www.eskenazihealth.employeereferrals.com. Feel free to check-out the Human Resource Landing Page on E-Hub should you want to learn more about the program.
This is a great place to work. This is the first place I have worked where they actually care about their employees. They go out of their way to help their patients also in a big way.
Cons
I really cant think of anything I am completely happy here.
August 4, 2020
Thank you for sharing your feedback! Eskenazi Health strives to ensure we are caring for employees, especially during COVID. Over the last several months, Eskenazi Health leaders throughout the organization have shown appreciation through cheering on our front-line workers as they came into work for the day, coffee for clinical team members from our Food and Nutrition team, Eskenazi Health T-shirt’s and recognition in our Eskenazi Health Daily/Eskenazi Health Care’s publications and much more!In addition to caring for our staff, our mission is to provide top quality care to our underserved populations. We have seen everyone, from all areas of the organization, come together to support our patients during this difficult time for everyone!
I love the job itself. The only downfall is I took a BIG pay cut when I came here. Because we serve vulnerable patients it is extremely rewarding. MY manager is AWESOME and wants to see me success. I've received hand written notes from the family medicine CEO as well as the Chief Medical Officer for the company. I worked side by side with her before she was promoted. When they appreciate you, they let you know.
Pros
Great management and team atmosphere at MY location
Cons
Compensation does not match workload and other companies
August 3, 2020
Thank you for your review and dedication to Eskenazi Health. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with your manager, the Family Medicine CEO and the CMO! At Eskenazi Health we strive to ensure we are recognizing employees because without you, we would not be able to fulfill our mission of serving the underserved populations of Marion County.While we understand pay is an important component, Eskenazi Health offers a comprehensive benefits package; medical, dental and vision benefits, accumulation of Paid Time Off hours each pay period start on your 1st paycheck, generous retirement contribution & match, free access to 24/7 employee gym, wellness offerings, the SkyFarm, and much more! If you should have any questions, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344.
No two work days are the same. Managing staff of over 50 employees and conducting patient reconciliation varies on a day to day basis. The most important thing I have learned working with this company of 15 years, is that they are highly connected to the community. The organization has a surplus of services to offer the community, and they are a teaching facility. The hardest part of the job is witnessing patients cry and often times become angry due to not having adequate health coverage, which often times affects purchasing medications, and transportation copay's. One of the most enjoyable moments of the jobs is being able to connect with the patients in knowing they have what they need once they leave their appointment with confidence in knowing that we care for their overall health and well-being.
July 22, 2020
Thank you for your 15 years of dedication to Eskenazi Health and the community we serve! We appreciate the review you have provided as employee engagement is key in a successful organization. Eskenazi Health is an organization that is truly invested in the Marion County community – this can be seen with the 160+ years we have been around! Our mission is to serve the most vulnerable of populations within our community and having employees, such as yourself, to set that example every day is a key to our success!If you have anyone you would like to refer to a position within Eskenazi Health, through the Employee Referral platform – more information can be found on E-Hub. If you have specific questions, feel free to also contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344.
If you enjoy being bullied, disrespected, being made fun of constantly, you'll love it here! If you like sitting in circles and having complaint sessions, then you'll fit right in. If you want poor, expensive, one size fits all insurance, then this is your company. If you want a place where it's "do as I say, not as I do", then look no further, this is the right fit for you!
Pros
Stsrbucks in next building, rooftop garden, PTO accrual
Cons
Pay, benefits, negative atmosphere, bullies, childish behavior
June 30, 2020
Eskenazi Health is committed to providing a workplace free of harassment and bullying. Eskenazi Health prohibits the harassment and bullying of any employee, male or female, by management, employees, physicians, visitors, customers, vendors or any outside party. It is contrary to our policy for any employee to be subjected to harassment in the workplace because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, or physical or mental disability. Eskenazi Health also prohibits other forms of harassment which, although not based on a protected class, violates the PRIDE values and Rules of Conduct. Eskenazi Health has a zero-tolerance policy for any form of harassment and bullying in the workplace. While it is not Eskenazi Health’s policy to intrude upon the personal lives of its employees or interfere with social relationships, harassment in the workplace negatively affects morale, motivation and job performance. It is inappropriate and offensive and will not be tolerated. In addition, Eskenazi Health prohibits retaliation against employees who have complained about prohibited harassment and bullying or who have participated in a harassment investigation.Eskenazi Health Imaging Services promotes a collaborative and inclusive teaching environment for students as well as employees. We strive to maintain best practices to achieve the highest quality of work and to achieve the highest image quality.Additionally, Eskenazi Health employees enjoy a very robust medical plan which offers comprehensive services for premiums - more...
90% of everyone from the top administrators to the cafe employees have the mentality that we are all deserving of respect and understanding. It was an exciting, fast paced workplace, but surprisingly that did not translate into stress- the staff was calm in crisis, helping each other and working together. Other departments are just as helpful and work well hand in hand with each other. The safety was top notch in potentially scary situations, as they are IMPD and Indiana Sherrifs officers on staff as the security for the hospital. Onboarding is lengthy but thorough.
Since the changes in leadership, management isn't as supportive because they care more about money than anything else. The only thing that is keeping me at this organization, for now, is the CLIENTS! The clients need us, the ones who actually care to continue to be advocates for them. There is ONE manager who is nothing but supportive because he was able to climb the ladder from being a support specialist to now one of the directors in which promoted an understanding of all roles. I only hope and pray Midtown (now SEMHC) changes back into "client-centered care." Also, there are not ANY African Americans in senior management roles which needs to be addressed!!
The work environment seems great for a while, then things begin to change and change often. If you want to move up within the company, you'll need to know people first, whether it be a family member or friend within the company who can put in a good word for you. Otherwise, you're kept right where you started, despite what you know, what you've learned or what you're capable of. Management never has answers and those who work hard have to pick up the slack for those who don't and get away with it. It's easy to become burnt out and miserable because no one cares how you feel or the effort you put into your work.
June 4, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of Eskenazi Health. We appreciate the time you spent with us! As a part of our P.R.I.D.E. values, innovation is key in providing top quality care for our patients. While we understand that change can create areas of learning opportunity – the goal is to ensure we are providing ways in which we are caring for our underserved populations safely and effectively. In addition, Eskenazi Health also wants to express the importance of caring for our employees. In doing so, we have a “promote from within philosophy” for our internal employees to aid in continued career growth – we have numerous classes offered by our Eskenazi Health Institute for Professional Development to support those who wish to further their career development. Eskenazi Health has a Senior Leadership Team that is committed to employee appreciation and recognition – in doing so, many fun events are held throughout the year such as: cookies on valentine’s day, hot chocolate in the winter, family fun events in the spring and fall and a whole week dedicated to employee appreciation! We appreciate the concern you have provided and will pass along to the appropriate team for review. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344.
Overall, Eskenazi Health was not what I thought it would be. Management doesn't care care about you and the work environment can be hostile/ stressful
June 1, 2020
Thank you for the time you spent with Eskenazi Health. We appreciate the feedback you provided and will share with the appropriate team for review. At Eskenazi Health, we pride ourselves on our unique employee wellness offerings to ensure we help create a less stressful environment that healthcare often has. Some of our program offerings that are open to all employees include: our pet therapy program, a free 24/7 access employee gym, free personal trainer, employee appreciate events and much more!In addition ,our Senior Leadership Team at Eskenazi Health ensures that all employees are treated fairly. If you would like to further discuss specifics to your particular concern, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344.
I work remotely for Eskenazi Health but I go to the office once a month, the culture is very collaborative and fair.
There is a good flexibility of work hours on all shift preferences. The hardest part of the job was the inadequacy of comradery and teamwork when it was truly required especially in the Medical-Surgical areas. The higher risk patient areas were the best place to work because teamwork and comradery was in place at all times (All ICU areas, ER). The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with patients and seeing them smile with gratitude for their care given, and knowing that you had been a God-sent angel in making their day a pleasant one.
Remain cautious if they speak of how supportive and flexible they are. They are not and employees are not valued and micromanaged. They are more concerned about the bottom line dollar and staying in compliance to past JCAHO standards that doing the right thing for the people they serve.
April 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of Eskenazi Health. We appreciate the time and dedication you provided the organization. Our mission is to provide excellent care for our clients and community with support of our P.R.I.D.E. values. Our leaders and frontline staff alike are expected to act with professionalism and respect for one another and for our clients, we work continually to assure that we are fostering a workplace culture that is supportive of our overall mission. We will be sure to share your thoughts with the appropriate team for their review. Feel free to contact Human Resources should you have any questions at 317-880-3344.
This company promotes diversity and equality. Promote based on knowledge and experience. Continued education of staff. Innovative. Customer oriented. Safety first. Schedule flexibility. Excellent healthcare coverage for employees.
April 10, 2020
Thank youyou for your feedback! At Eskenazi Health, we have been a staple within the Indianapolis community for over 160+ years; with that, we have a number of diversity initiatives that we offer – our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion Council at Eskenazi Health has helped form a number of Employee Resources Groups that include: Spectrum (LGBTQ+), F.U.E.L. (Young professionals), Spark (1st year Employees) and our recently formed Veteran ERG. In addition to those offerings for employees, we also have a number of community events we are involved in such as our community health fairs and the Pride Parade. In addition, our Diversity and Inclusion team also holds training courses and recently held education events focused on black history month. We believe in continued employee growth and development, in that we have a “promote from within” philosophy. To aid in the continued growth and learning for our employees, our Eskenazi Health Institute for Professional Development offers a number of various courses ranging from communication, teamwork and Microsoft Office.
Hard work, alot expected of you in the 8 hour work day. Favoritism shown by management and doctors. Your not appreciated for your hard work. Some MA`s are not disciplined by management. Many mistakes made by uncaring staff. No teamwork, staff aloud to sit while other staff is clearly in need of help. Not to mention the pettiness and cattiness. Pay is better than some other places, but not worth the STRESS.
April 21, 2020
Beautiful brand new hospital with an amazing staff. My manager went above and beyond to make scheduling work for our employees and make the work environment pleasant and enjoyable.
April 10, 2020
Thank you for your review of Eskenazi Health and the hard work and dedication you provided during your time on our team! We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with your manager! We want to ensure our employees have the best work life balance possible so that appropriate and safe care can be provided to our under served populations in Marion County. Our culture at Eskenazi Health is unlike any other; numerous fun events throughout the year, pet therapy, sky farm, and access to employee gym are just a few of the things we offer team members.
good pay, room for advancement, co-workers nice for the most part. fun place to work, management pretty good. the hardest part of the job is adhering to point system.
April 20, 2020
We appreciate the review you provided; engaged employees are key to a successful organization. We want to ensure our employees have the best work life balance possible and our culture expresses our appreciation for your dedication; through numerous fun events throughout the year, pet therapy, free veggie Friday, sky farm, and access to a free employee gym just to name a few.Our upmost priority is serving Marion County, our point system ensures we are adequately staffed at all times to support our mission, vision, and P.R.I.D.E. Values. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Human Resources at 317-880-3344.
  1. Employee Reviews