ESP Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good Company
Intergrated Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 30, 2018
Company was very good until it came time for the contract to end and there was a great deal of uncertainty for the workers. As the time came closer to the end the employees were uncertain of their future.
Decent Place to Work
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 11, 2017
Typical 9-5 with a flexible work schedule and the ability to work from home. There needs to be more interaction from management especially when I'm the only employee in Colorado from the company.
Great group of various professionals working together to complete mission goals
HMS Asset Manager/Laboratory Equipment Manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJune 30, 2017
This company is a contractual working environment that exemplifies service as their main goal.
We work together with government employees to achieve successful delivery of essential equipment both CONUS and OCONUS for the soldier in theater. Timing and being a team player is key to establishing great success rates as a logisitics specialist. Knowing that you are a part of a bigger picture helps to make you feel that you're just as important as the next worker. But, time concerns and quick turn around times can be a constant challenge for everyone.
Pros
Great cameraderie
Cons
Needing certain jobs or missions completed "yesterday" can be difficult.
Good Experience
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ft. Hood, TXJune 16, 2016
Gained needed career knowledge. The training was proficient in the career field that I choose. The training was more hands on and was able to share the information with the soldiers that I supported during my time at ESP. I was laid off due to government cut backs, not due to management issues.
Excellent place to work with organized and caring coworkers.
Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAMay 24, 2016
The supervisor was outstanding. I learned that if your treat people with respect and dignity they will excel in life no matter what their obstacles that in their way.

The hardest part of the job was when the business closed and I had to leave my clients.

The best part of my job was helping individuals realize they are capable of so much more then they thought they were. Helping them build their self esteem.

I worked independently most of the time. We would help our coworkers out whenever they needed it whether it was cover their shift or see one particular client. We had an awesome team.
Great field service opportunities
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 21, 2016
Although most positions are temporary or contractual. This company is well organized and highly motivated to provide quality service to its customers.
Challenging and Innovative Work Environment
Business Development Manager/COO (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 24, 2015
An image based marketing firm, producing Dynamic, Kinetic, and Cutting Edge products for the Oil & Gas industry. Great amounts of personal freedom. Staff is very engaging and creative. Insightful management.
Day at ESP
ESP Staff (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 15, 2015
I love working for Murfreesboro City School. Very organized establishment.
Responsible for assisting with the needs of 20+ children, grade Pre-K
Worked one on one with special needs children.
Supervised and instructed children before/after school.
Completed lesson plans and curriculum for students.
Responsible for keeping children in a safe, fun learning environment.
Productive and Professional workplace
File Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 1, 2015
This company was offshore company in which I ran the office. Duties included clerical and other administrative services. I liked the job but it was temporary through temp service.
Great Kids, Not so Great environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 30, 2015
I took the job at ESP since i had wanted to, at one point, be a teacher and have that as my profession, but i am glad i took a job here to show me how much i did not want that. I loved working with the kids, but i did not enjoy working with them in the education setting. There was far too much stress put on us to come up with things to teach the kids but not have it seem like teaching. It was an after school program for kids whose parents were unable to pick them up from school at the scheduled time. After a long day kids don't want to sit down and learn more things, but they were not allowed to just go outside and have fun.
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
Lesson Plans
Job was good but upper management always changing
MANAGER OF NEW CONSTRUCTION (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TxAugust 28, 2014
It was learning experience for me finding a better job and what I did not want in a job.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Poor Management
very open environment easy going and fun staff members,that you could also be friends with.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 30, 2014
arriving at this job prepared me mentally for what was going to happen today, because everyday was a pattern busy or not, A very repetitive job. I learned how to communicate with customers and fix problems fast and efficiently.
ESP was a very small consumer electronics distributor
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 7, 2014
ESP's size required an everybody does everything workday. When I was in the office I did everything from taking sales calls on the phone to helping in the warehouse. I also had to care of a sales territory that included Colorado, New Mexico, Southeastern Wyoming, and El Paso, Texas.
ESP is where I learned to be a true outside sale representative. I learned the in's and out's of being on the road, sometimes two weeks at time. I also had to learn how to sell the company to potential vendors, as well to dealers.
The management structure at ESP was very simple, the owner was the manager. He was a good manager, but ran the company as "benevolent dictator". He would often ask for my input in matter's concerning the line's that we represented or wanted to represent, his word was final. As to the other aspects of the operation of the company, it was his way or no way.
As I stated ESP was very small distributor, at any given time there were only three to five employees. We were more like family than co-workers.
It was sometimes frustrating working for such a small distributor. We had to do a lot of convincing to get good lines.
The best part of this job was I had a lot of flexibility, I could spend the day in the office or there were always local dealers I could go out and call on. It was pretty much up to me as to what I wanted to do.
Pros
I liked the travel, it was good to be able to walk in to the owner's office and have direct conversation with him
Cons
There was no health care, no set policy concerning vacations and time off. Commission were paid quarterly.
Very good management, great opportunities for working at great employers
Consultant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2014
ESP treats consulting employees like the professionals they are.
Wonderful work environment.
Independent Contractor/File Clerk (Current Employee) –  400 S. County Farm Rd. Wheaton IL 60187May 9, 2014
Wonderful employees and they keep me busy. Slightly repetitive, yet I still learn something new.
My review of this job was about average.
Rapid Screen Emissions Inspector (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOMarch 12, 2014
My review of this employment period was above average. The managers were very kind and worked with my scheduling issues.
Manufacturer of a good product
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
Company has a great product they manufacture and sell, The majority of the people are easy to get along with and work closely on a daily basis.
Work on your own with a lot of driving
Technician - PSC (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CADecember 2, 2013
If you enjoy being on your own and driving massive miles then this is the job for you.
Pros
A lot of drive time to see more of the area
Cons
Driving unpaid to locations 2 hours away in a company truck
housekeeping
cleaning suites (Former Employee) –  austinSeptember 12, 2013
i would go every day and clean and replace the condiments that were in the suites and i took out the trash and was over the night team
Engineering Solutions and Products.
Laid Off (Former Employee) –  Killeen, Tx. and KuwaitAugust 17, 2013
Nothing negative to say about ESP. I enjoyed every minute working here. I started as a logistician, I was responsible for the inventory on fielding missions. I volunteered for a 3 month mission to Kuwait and that turned into a few years.

I ended my tour as a warehouse manager, personally responsible for 300 million dollars worth of soldier equipment, with 100% accuracy.

The job was hot, fast paced and intense. I couldn't have been happier.
Pros
Professional Staff, Professional Environment, Disciplined, Intense.
Cons
The contract ended.