ESPN Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Global Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 19, 2018
I would go back to working at ESPN in a heart beat because of the energy of working for such a corporation . The environment was high end and fast paced.
Pros
Meet all kinds of people
Cons
Meeting all kinds of people
A great place to be a part of the sports world
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 14, 2018
ESPN does a great job of producing the games you watch on TV. There are great people working on the broadcasts to bring you the best coverage. What is very lacking is communication from management. They do a poor job of informing you of the work that will be available, and there is zero feedback on job performance. When you are working on the events you are covering it is a positive atmosphere and the people all work hard to create great shows.
Fun team to work with, tough hours
Statistics Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 10, 2018
Love the work, but its tough working nights + weekends. That's when the events we cover are, so know that going in. You aren't going to have a normal social life, but the work is a blast.
Great Workplace
STUDIO OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 10, 2018
Too corporate sometimes. But willing to work with you trough life changes and situations out of control. I wish they would give equal opportunities for promotions. We have to apply not given no matter how good you do.
Very Good Job
Video Production Assistant / Freelance Utilities (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2018
My experience at ESPN was awesome I never would have thought that I would be up close and personal with the UT football events and being apart of it all
Pros
Being part of UT history
Cons
weather!
Challenging, dynamic experience
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 7, 2018
ESPN is on the cutting edge of an industry in the middle of technological upheaval. It's move to remake itself as a digital streaming platform - instead of a TV company - demonstrates tremendous vision, and puts them way ahead of anyone else in the space.
not for me
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 2, 2018
after 8 years - 2yrs temp position, 6yrs full time I would never work for ESPN again. No room for advancement and not a single promotion. Worked nights, weekends, holidays for 7yrs and my social life disappeared. work/life balance was non-existent.
benefits
Cons
no advancement
Relaxed place to work with limited upward moblity
Distribution Clerk / Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 30, 2018
ESPN was a fun place to work with a relaxed atmosphere and great culture. My managers were very encouraging of me trying to better myself through job shadowing to try and advance. However, the company was very difficult to move up in and my role did not provide a salary that was high enough to make a comfortable living.
Pros
Culture, atmosphere
Cons
Salary, advancement
Good Place to Start a Career
Content Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed pretty much all of my time working at ESPN. It's a great place to start you career. I would advise either staying there at all costs or bouncing around different departments when you're new to get a feel for what you like / so you can learn skills for whatever your next move will be. Valuable.
Espn's nice
Reporter (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 26, 2018
It is a nice place to work. You have the freedom to really develop your skill and work with very talented people who push you to become better. You need to be a sports nut to work in editorial here.
good
Account Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2018
Espn was a great place to work and the management team was also great. the pay was good and the hours was great. espn was closed down and a lots of people was disappointed.
Okay at times, but others it really sucked.
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 24, 2018
at the beginning it was awesome, but as time went by and managers changed things got worse. Don't get me wrong, it's a great company with great benefits, but its corporate and a "dog eats dog" type of environment (some have great work ethics, other don't even have integrity or honor and they are ready to do anything to get the top). But hey, is television. only advice, ask to be moved to mornings as soon as you can (well, maybe after a year). I did it for 9 years and it did a number on my body. They don't care about you, they only care about what you can do.
Pros
great benefits, Free Disney Tickets, national discounts
Cons
Long time before being able to switch from Night to day shift.
Lots of opportunities to work with new technologies
Front End Software Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 22, 2018
I enjoyed being able to move around different groups within the comapny and also had the opportunity to work in multiple offices with relocation between them. There's a lot of space to work on a lot of different things because there's so much going on technology wise at ESPN.
So much fun
Top tier media specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 22, 2018
Where else can you work, watch and TALK sports all day long? This was one of the best times of my life and I will always loves my years working for this company. Absolutely amazing.
Director, Consumer Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
ESPN is a fun place to work and just like any other job it has its balance of the good, the bad, and the ugly. A typical day at work varies depending on the role. Management varies in each company, and this is no different. I have been a part of one department and cannot testified for the overall management of the company.
I have been blessed to have fantastic co-workers during my time at ESPN. From day one, they were very attentive and help me learn throughout the way.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to travel to sporting events for work
Great
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2018
Great environment. Events life is fun and busy. Seasonal to the college calendar with the majority of the events occurring during college football and college basketball seasons
Contract
Remote Talent Statistician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 16, 2018
I worked as a remote talent stats member. The job was fun and I was able to work with a team of really awesome people. I manage well under pressure so the fast pace was manageable.
Not bad for a first job
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 7, 2018
If you are not from CT, good luck. Terrible work hours, no weekends unless you got an office job. Nothing to do around the area.
The job is not bad if you can handle not having a life or any fun unless you drive 2 hrs+.
Future Job
Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2018
I absolutly love ESPN,
It is my dream job, I enjoy every intern that has taken place there
It is so professional but fun. You can be yourself and still get you work done!!
Everybody has a great personality
Work Hard Play Hard
Senior Director- Platform Ad Sales Strategy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
Dynamic environment a lot is expected of you. It's in a constant sate of change- a linear company trung to evolve into digital. Management is not aligned on goals and do not play well in the sandbox

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESPN. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.