ESPN Employee Reviews

Temp Agency assignment
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 13, 2018
Learned many new things regarding Sports accounting in the television environment.

Loved working there and I was in line to getting a permanent position there when they had a hiring freeze.
Pros
Great culture and compensation.
Great Place to be
Producer/Director/Editor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 13, 2018
Great place to be! Produced and directed shows live from Angels Stadium in Anaheim California. Our shows were then broadcast nationwide on the ESPN radio network and app.
Production Crew Member
Production Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHDecember 6, 2018
I worked as a Production Crew Member at Ohio University through their Sports Management Program. I gained valuable skills through this opportunity. It was a very enjoyable opportunity to work on the front lines of the sports industry while at college.
Pros
Learning Opportunity on Campus
Cons
Good place to work if you dont like to slow down
Associate Producer II (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 28, 2018
The perks and benefits are great, but the grind is just that. Most people in the creative parts of the company are burnt out or jaded because of the constant overflow of work with little done to add head count to alleviate the problems to reflect the changing media landscape.

depending on the department you could have a great management tree who fosters growth or a god awful one who are more interested in hitting company numbers.
Pros
disney perks, gym, travel opportunities.
Cons
work life balance
Great Company
Content Editor, Sports & Music (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 19, 2018
This is a great company although it is difficult to move up, the opportunities are there. Bristol CT is not a place for single, young people; definitely more of a family oriented state. A ''settle down' environment. This is a 24/7 company especially if you work for any of the departments in charge of, or involved in some type of production. This mean nights, weekends and holidays.
Good work place
MIAMI FREELANCER WRITER AND PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  HomeNovember 19, 2018
Because appreciation is more than saying thank you. It’s about demonstrating that your team is truly seen and heard by thanking them for specific actions. It’s about showing that you understand and empathize with the struggles your team faces every day. And it’s about purpose too. True appreciation connects your team’s efforts back to a grand vision and mission.
Part-time Periodic with ESPN and other Networks
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Various athletic venuesNovember 7, 2018
My work with ESPN and other Networks is in addition to my daily profession as a real estate closing assistant. I have assisted with several networks, and athletic departments through the years. ESPN is not necessarily the main or only one.

One of the primary responsibilities I have had is as the TV Timeout Coordinator. The duties include controlling game play and keeping an organized time schedule. While working games I will have a headset with a producer and director talking to me directly, while coordinating with the school stats crew and team coaches on game time and clock management, and also communicating with the game officials.You have to remain calm and be able to communicate clearly with all at the same time.

It is exciting to be able to feel like you are a part of the game and all the action.
Pros
Working with various TV Networks and Athletic Departments
Cons
Is not full-time
It's definitely a cool job
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 1, 2018
Honestly, it's a great place to work. The problem is that there is a lack of career advancement, and with that comes an inability to make enough money.
Pros
People, Facilities
Cons
Lack of advancement
A good place to volunteer
Events Ambassador-MEAC/SWAC Challenge (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
It was great place to be and it gave me the opportunity to network and meet a lot of people from the industry. The volunteer work can also be very fast paced.
do not want to
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 23, 2018
Do not want to. I have worked at this company for 21 years and the last 6 years have been awful experience. I would not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
pay was good
Cons
environment and management awful
Master control operator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 19, 2018
Communicating with various departments, countries about programs that air on the network. Maintain the integrity of the worldwide leader and professionalism as a network control operator.
best company to work for right out of college
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 8, 2018
I started at ESPN a few months after graduating college. It was a smooth transition from college to work life because of the people who work at ESPN. Very close knit community. Wouldn't have chosen anywhere else if i could
Double Edged Sword
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 26, 2018
Overall, ESPN was a good place to work at (main headquarters). Great benefits as well! Although ESPN is cut throat and many people are out for themselves, you get use to it and do what you need to. Communication in many departments is lack luster. Plus the headquarters is in the middle of nowhere and there is a lot of snow and very long winters. But overall, if you can deal with that, it is a good place to start and end a career in television.
Pros
Disney discounts, health benefits, co-workers for the most part are good people
Cons
Snow, long winters, advancement
ESPN - a fun place to work
TMLOD Administrator (Human Resources) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 24, 2018
The four years I spent there were very enjoyable. I learned a lot and enjoyed every moment. My manager was great and the team that I worked with were the best!
Productive, Great Company
Digital Brand Projects Director (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 18, 2018
I treasure my time at ESPN. Worked with amazing people. I will always value the management techniques that I learned and know that my resume is most impressive by having the ESPN calling card.
sometimes fun to work
Transmission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 11, 2018
it`s not what you think it is!!
management needs training on how to care and listen to the employee and treat them with respect.
Of course some dept. are better then others.
Fun place to work with caring co-workers.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSAugust 31, 2018
I was only there for the summer, but they made sure I wasn't going to be a shy intern. They immediately put me on the air on my first day and we all shared a laugh at my nervous look.

Typically I would go in for two back to back shows, stretching out two hours. Besides joining the conversations on air, my main job was to screen calls and fact check stories. They did great at teaching me the basics of being on a radio station, including how to put their shows on a podcast.

This was a place where everyone loved working with each other, and even had fun on slow news days.
nice to work
Sr. Oracle Engineer / SQL Server Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 24, 2018
nice to work, little bit unstable environment but mostly nice people: friendly, polite, responsible . Great building, a lot of history things on the walls. Mostly,pleasure to work
Excellent place to play/work.
Anaheim - Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 22, 2018
This was my favorite job to date. Dining there wasn't just about showing up and eating, it was about the experience. Every set of guests was a new and interesting chance to meet people, talk about sports, all the while actually working to provide them with excellent service and a great time. The ambiance of the restaurant allowed for a more "lax" approach to serving than I've experienced before. It allowed for a much easier way to connect with guests that made it a pleasurable experience for all parties.
Wanted to move up but no
Production Assistant (College Football) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA &August 22, 2018
Most of my managers was great the last one was terrible. I wanted to move from a temp position to a full-time position but no one was interested in helping.
Pros
Food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESPN. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss