ESPN Employee Reviews

fast paste, great comradery .
Busser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 21, 2019
A typical day at Espn Zone would be cleaning off tables and setting them up for the next customer. Also setting up rooms for a banquet style event. i learned how to work with urgency and efficiency. The management was great and would lend a hand on the busier days to keep the flow of the restaurant going. The hardest part of the job would have to be the work load at times, and the most enjoyable part would have to be the bon created between employees after a rough shift.
Great workplace
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2019
Working with the producers truly felt like a collaborative experience. As long as you kept an open mind, there was always a good balance with the give and take.
Challenging work but was worth the experience
X Games Student Work Program (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 12, 2019
ESPN as a reach like no other and being apart of the team that but on X Games was so much fun. You get to meet and work with people from all over the world that come to the event just to help out.
Pros
Great work experience
Family
Senior Photography Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 6, 2019
Work life balance and family is important to the company. There are opportunities to grow, learn and development additional information to be a valuable addition to the overall landscape.
Pros
gym, health benefits
tv production technician
Multi Media Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 5, 2019
Why do you need this information?

I would rather not supply these details

This indeed.com process is a little ridculous.

this part of your process is ridiculous.
Nice
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 5, 2019
I like working here. I only got to work here for a short period of time because I was under a contract. I worked here for 8 months. I want to stay longer but they can't keep very many people.
Thrust into the national scene
Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 26, 2019
Face it, ESPN is a worldwide brand and when you work there you are expected to be the best of the best in your job field and knowledgeable. I worked remotely but did log several days mostly in the New York bureau which I enjoyed doing. I was a contract employee and compensated well but there were no benefits or retirement plan. My editors and supervisors were great and the work was gratifying. At the end of the day, ESPN had internal issues on the dot.com side and many people were let go. That's business!
Pros
Exciting work, travel, meeting new people
Cons
Lack of benefits
Productive workplace that encourages development
Social and Digital Video Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 26, 2019
An environment that encourages learning and development amongst employees. Hours and scheduling are not ideal, but realistic for a network with high demand from consumers.
No Career Advancements at all
Technical Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Working at ESPN/ Disney does not include any career advancements at all.
Management is not engaged and are completely removed from the ground realities.
Fun and easy going place
Auburn Network Radio Station Intern (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALFebruary 24, 2019
My typical day at the station is exciting. Each day I get to add input on certain topics and voice my opinions. I'm over uploading and editing the podcast once the show is completed.
Pros
Fun and knowledgable

Want to know more about ESPN?

Ask a question
The ability to work remotely is great!
Freelance Music Producer/Composer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 20, 2019
Overall, I love composing for ESPN! My only gripe is that the work isn't consistent. With that said, working there has pushed me to expand my musical horizons, and that I'm extremely grateful for
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
No steady work
Summary for Espn
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21202February 16, 2019
A typical day a work is its busy soon as I come in the door I have to jump right in and make sure the food is going out in a standard order and perfect to the customer expense I have learned to put the food out in a good timely manner and making sure it has a good quality of food prepared. The Management team is the best. the most hardest part of the job for me was learning all the salads I had to prepare once I learned all of the salads this was the most enjoyable part of the job preparing good quality food for the customer.
Great job and I enjoyed it until new manager came into picture, clueless as to what we did on a day to day basis and promoted his friends and familly
HVAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTFebruary 15, 2019
I would have still been working at ESPN if not for new manager who promoted and compensated his friends and family members instead of the hard workers, everyone under him is miserable and looking at job opportunities elsewhere
Pros
Great environment with lots of social events and some great people
Cons
Management only rewards friends and family members
Espn
ESPN (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Learn a lot as you go, and it is an amazing experience. I have worked there for about three years now, and this job has great overtime. The only downside is you have to wait about 2-4 weeks for your check to come in the mail.
18 Years at ESPN showed me....
Research Associate - Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 7, 2019
....what a corporate culture should look like, enabling employees to learn and grow, chase opportunities and navigate through change successfully. This is one of the top reasons I decided to remain loyal to ESPN for so many years.
Past employee
Account Executive, ESPN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
Fast paced environment. A lot of moving parts. Lots of growth opportunity. Need to be very marketplace knowledgeable. Good foundation to lead to other career opportunities.
Great workplace
Creative Services (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 24, 2019
Crazy hours and limited work-life balance for anyone working directly on productions, but great benefits and employees. Mostly a laid back working environment.
Pros
Free Gym, good people, great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no work-life balance
Fun work environment
3 Hub Intern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 18, 2019
Great work environment where we completed numerous fun task and were able to develop great content. The autonomy we had to be able to produce projects was ideal.
Not a good place
Server /GT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Work day was long frustrating hard work never got complemented for anything that we did was always persecuted for stuff we tried to do Breaks got cut short hour got drag longer and longer as they needed
Pros
50 off lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fantastic employment
Sports Coordinator, Writer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Working for the ESPN affiliate station in Gainesville, Florida was an absolutely great place to begin a career in sports journalism. They were more than providing of opportunities for advancement, as well as willing to send students to cover sporting events!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESPN. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

25%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss