ESPN Employee Reviews

best company to work for right out of college
Video Editor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTOctober 8, 2018
I started at ESPN a few months after graduating college. It was a smooth transition from college to work life because of the people who work at ESPN. Very close knit community. Wouldn't have chosen anywhere else if i could
Double Edged Sword
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 26, 2018
Overall, ESPN was a good place to work at (main headquarters). Great benefits as well! Although ESPN is cut throat and many people are out for themselves, you get use to it and do what you need to. Communication in many departments is lack luster. Plus the headquarters is in the middle of nowhere and there is a lot of snow and very long winters. But overall, if you can deal with that, it is a good place to start and end a career in television.
Pros
Disney discounts, health benefits, co-workers for the most part are good people
Cons
Snow, long winters, advancement
ESPN - a fun place to work
TMLOD Administrator (Human Resources) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 24, 2018
The four years I spent there were very enjoyable. I learned a lot and enjoyed every moment. My manager was great and the team that I worked with were the best!
Productive, Great Company
Digital Brand Projects Director (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 18, 2018
I treasure my time at ESPN. Worked with amazing people. I will always value the management techniques that I learned and know that my resume is most impressive by having the ESPN calling card.
sometimes fun to work
Transmission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 11, 2018
it`s not what you think it is!!
management needs training on how to care and listen to the employee and treat them with respect.
Of course some dept. are better then others.
Fun place to work with caring co-workers.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSAugust 31, 2018
I was only there for the summer, but they made sure I wasn't going to be a shy intern. They immediately put me on the air on my first day and we all shared a laugh at my nervous look.

Typically I would go in for two back to back shows, stretching out two hours. Besides joining the conversations on air, my main job was to screen calls and fact check stories. They did great at teaching me the basics of being on a radio station, including how to put their shows on a podcast.

This was a place where everyone loved working with each other, and even had fun on slow news days.
nice to work
Sr. Oracle Engineer / SQL Server Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 24, 2018
nice to work, little bit unstable environment but mostly nice people: friendly, polite, responsible . Great building, a lot of history things on the walls. Mostly,pleasure to work
Excellent place to play/work.
Anaheim - Server (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 22, 2018
This was my favorite job to date. Dining there wasn't just about showing up and eating, it was about the experience. Every set of guests was a new and interesting chance to meet people, talk about sports, all the while actually working to provide them with excellent service and a great time. The ambiance of the restaurant allowed for a more "lax" approach to serving than I've experienced before. It allowed for a much easier way to connect with guests that made it a pleasurable experience for all parties.
Wanted to move up but no
Production Assistant (College Football) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA &August 22, 2018
Most of my managers was great the last one was terrible. I wanted to move from a temp position to a full-time position but no one was interested in helping.
Pros
Food
I was a contractor working for a company supplying programming to ESPN
Wrangler Pro Rodeo Tour (Former Employee) –  Nation wideAugust 21, 2018
I did not have the pleasure of working at ESPN per se but I think it is an amazing company that evolved from nothing into one of the most significant infleuncers in modern culture.
Pros
One of the top television networks in the world
Cons
Highly competitive, lack of job stabiity
Not A Dream Come True
Content Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 19, 2018
Try to avoid the CAP program. They overwork and underpay and advancement is very difficult. Most people that get promoted don’t get it based off merit and hard work, it’s a popularity contest. If you’re good at your job, they penalize you for it which isn’t how it should be. Management is out of touch and don’t care about career growth, just the bottom line. ESPN as a whole has a lot to offer, how this program isn’t a good representation.
Fun atmosphere
Marketing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 15, 2018
Productive and fun traveling working sporting events hosted by ESPN Cleveland. Create recap presentation of events for partners and potential clients.
Solid company, great atmosphere
Assignment Editor- Studio Production (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 12, 2018
Help build strong and ever changing company. Great people and benefits. Competitive environment, 5 start cafeteria, gym and camus lifestyle. 24/7 environment
Pros
people, campus, compensation and benefits
Cons
work life balance, nights and weekends depending on department
Fun place to work
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 11, 2018
Fun work environment with great people, team building and networking events, educational opportunities, and sporting events to attend with the family.
Pros
Casual Work Environment
Cons
Tough Work Schedules
Great name for the resume, little pay in the end
Digital Audio Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 8, 2018
Like most corporations, they will bleed you dry and leave you to side when you are done. They don't believe in work life/balance (as much as they preach it) and the pay is pathetically low. The move up the corporate ladder is difficult, if not impossible depending on the criteria of the day. Not a place I recommend to create a career.
Great experience
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Great job experience! Its a fun work environment and great for networking and meeting other people. Great team and management, very flexible with your schedule.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
pay
Amazing place to work
Field Reporter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 2, 2018
ESPN offers amazing opportunities for reporters looking to secure a stable job or even break into the market. They provide you with any and all info you need to be successful and give you a clear understanding of the outcome they expect.
Diversity and Inclusion
Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 17, 2018
ESPN
This company is here for you for whatever your needs are in life. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. Work life balance is extraordinary,
Pros
Life balance
Awesome Experience
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 13, 2018
I was brought in by ESPN as a production assistant while their television shows were broadcasting from Philadelphia during the NFL Draft.

It was a wonderful experience being a part of the 'team' and watching the shows being produced first hand.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee!
Cons
Ended too quickly!
Sports is Life and Life is Sports
Statistics Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 10, 2018
ESPN is a great place to work as long as you understand the world of sports.

There will be abnormal hours and long-days, there is work on holidays for a lot of people, because that is when sporting events take place. If you're okay with that, then this is a great place to work. Lots of fun being in the office. We focus on sports, so the office always felt like one big team, big celebrations for success and lots of helpful people to help you practice if you need to improve.

Starting out as a PTE can be tough, as the amount of hours can vary pretty greatly once you get into the slower months for the sports industry. However, ESPN does like to promote from within and would much rather help current employees move up within their systems.

Overall, I had a great experience working here and only left to relocate with my SO for an opportunity they couldn't pass up. If I am ever back in CT, I would love to be a part of this company again.
Pros
On-site Cafeteria, On-site Gym, Good Starting pay, Center of the Sports Universe
Cons
Hours scheduled around sporting events can be abnormal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ESPN. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

73out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ESPN.

Powered by Comparably