ESPN Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Great Opportunity with Little Chance of Advancement
Host- Weekends and Weekday Fill-In's (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2018
Working for ESPN Radio in New York was a dream come true. It gave the opportunity to speak to a great audience on a weekly basis.

The reality of places like ESPN is that it is a case of "who do you know" when it comes to advancing. It doesn't matter how talented you are, you are not going to get an opportunity without a big-time connection to management.
It's ESPN! It's extremely COOL! Who would't want to work at the world wide leader in sports?
Co-Host Carmen, Jurko, and Harry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
I was there from the day they opened. I gave them all that I had and more even working six days a week during football season. The shows I was a part of had some monster ratings, and I was responsible for bringing in 15-20 sponsors on my own. As well as making 15-25 appearances a year, and even though they kept telling me how vital a role I played at the station, in an instant my contract was up and I was gone.
Workplace
Host (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2017
I enjoyed the environment. It was fasted pace. It was room for advancement. You had several different departments to transfer to. You could always learn something new.
Espn radio
Radio Producer/ Host (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 7, 2016
This was a great and friendly environment, I was the only woman which was hard I had to work hard for my credibility, which I did earn. I was lucky enough to do some play by play and in game updates for the Little League World Series.
Great work enviorment.
Television and Radio Host & Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2016
Allowed to have the freedom to create and express within a professional environment. Broadcasted in a city of over 2 million with 2 major league professional teams.
Espn radio
ESPN Sports Radio Host (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 28, 2015
As a host at ESPN Radio I have been given the opportunity to work with some of the best personalities in the business, like Dan Le Batard, and learn so much about the communications side of the sport.
Host (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 20, 2015
typical day -good
learned -nothing
management -fair
co-workers -fair
hardest part of job -enjoying sports games
enjoyable part of job -food
Nice place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2015
Located in Downtown. Good team and nice manager. A lot of sport events and banquets. Sometimes you can see famous people. Enjoyed my summer time.
Pros
Free food, big TV
Cons
Small team
nice to work for ,but hard
Television Host (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 12, 2015
It was a very interesting and experience opportunity. My job was to work the audio for the TV cameras at a pro women golf tournament. the hardiest part was walking with the all that equipment on. The most enjoyable part of this was a catering. the food was very good and al for free.
Great Experience Running a Sports Radio Talk Show
Radio Show Host (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 8, 2014
I became Sports Central's first ever co-host during my junior year of college. While I was weaned into the process, I quickly adapted to both producing a radio show as well as being on air. Each day, I would pick topics for my co-host to discuss and we would break down a team, game, or player in an in-depth and analytical fashion while still being humorous and entertaining for our audience. My co-host was an outstanding mentor who trained me as both an on-air talent and a broadcast journalist. I enjoyed every aspect of the job. ESPN Radio birthed my passion for the sports media field.
Pros
On-Air experience
Cons
Time
Host Life
Host/Host Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work consist of greeting guest hello and goodbye, seating guest at tables, accommodate their needs, ensure servers are about to handle multiple tables at a time

I've learned to be patience with others, how to handle angry guest and ensure the host stand has communication and works effectively.

Management is a huge help with angry guest and when dealing with events that are occurring at our faculty.

The hardest part of the job is dealing when guest whom are consist on their stand point.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to communicate with guest throughout the shift who come from all over the world.
Pros
Free lunch when captain/training, fun entry to disneyland
Cons
low pay
Great way to keep up with all types of sports
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 1, 2012
I enjoyed working there. It was a great experience.Everyone of the workers there were so nice.Knowing that I was working for ABC and Disney which gave me a good health plan and benifits.
Pros
free tickets every 6 months for disney
Cons
the company closed its doors june of 2010