ESPN Employee Reviews for Intern

Relaxed workplace environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 20, 2019
Interning at ESPN was an outstanding experience I was able to have. Every day walking into the office, knowing there was a new task waiting to be accomplished, kept it very interesting.
Fun place to work with caring co-workers.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSAugust 31, 2018
I was only there for the summer, but they made sure I wasn't going to be a shy intern. They immediately put me on the air on my first day and we all shared a laugh at my nervous look.

Typically I would go in for two back to back shows, stretching out two hours. Besides joining the conversations on air, my main job was to screen calls and fact check stories. They did great at teaching me the basics of being on a radio station, including how to put their shows on a podcast.

This was a place where everyone loved working with each other, and even had fun on slow news days.
Typical Day of Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 12, 2018
Everyone had great communication and teamwork. The crew really knew how to balance when to be serious and get to work, but also take time to get to know their co workers. The best part was that asking questions was not only welcomed, but appreciated by everyone on the crew. Nobody will ever get mad at you for asking a question even if you think it is a dumb question. It is much better to ask a dumb question then mess something up in a broadcast.
Outdoors XL
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
I was an intern for one of their Saturday morning radio shows. Let me say, it was definitely a lot of fun. There's something magical about being in a studio with all of the equipment.
Awesome
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2017
This was a great internship. I had a great time working there and I learned a lot. It was a cool experience for sure and I got to meet a lot of people.
Entertaining with ESPN
Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 31, 2016
I learned how to operate behind the scenes of a radio show. For example, I spliced edit, and uploaded audio clips. Answered phone calls and made sure they were good to go on air.
Great experience
Internship (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 13, 2016
A typical day result in going through current events in the sports world and documenting, filing, and prepping for days ahead. The most enjoyable part of the job was controlling their social medias such as instagram snapchat and tiwitter.
Great Company to Work For
Intern (Former Employee) –  BristolSeptember 29, 2015
ESPN is a great company to work at. The campus is wonderful and the people are very helpful. The leadership and management is very in-touch with all business segments.
Productive and fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 6, 2014
Worked there for a summer. Great experience! The job had unique hours, as the primary job was to work with the news cycle, but I can't complain because it left a lot of my day free!
Shadow experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTOctober 24, 2014
• Observed the registration and approval of guests/contractors
Typical newsroom environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  GainesvilleJune 2, 2014
You're probably going to intern and not get paid. But ESPN does look good on a resume.
Educational, fun and very productive
1070 Radio Internship (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2013
I would arrive to the station at 9am and stay until 3 or 4pm 3 days a week. I assisted producers during the shows, edited sound pieces and recorded sound pieces as well. I enjoyed my summer there as an intern because I learned so much about the business. I also covered sporting events and conducted interviews with the Indianapolis Colts and the Indiana Pacers.
Pros
Reimbursed for parking, references, networking
Fun Environment but lacking
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 23, 2012
Low pay but a fun environment with exciting atmosphere. Management is lacking in its dedication to staff and rarely listens to recommendations.