ESPN Employee Reviews for Producer

Exciting place to work - upward mobility is limited
Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 31, 2018
90% of Production jobs require working nights, weekends and holidays (which should be a given)

The vast majority of employees are wonderful people and a joy to work with

Be prepared to work long and hard

Don't expect a ton of praise

Waves of lay-offs over the last 5 years have made promotions difficult to achieve

It is what you make it (you get back what you put into it)

Bring ideas all the time!

It's sports television! It is fun!
Great name for the resume, little pay in the end
Digital Audio Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 8, 2018
Like most corporations, they will bleed you dry and leave you to side when you are done. They don't believe in work life/balance (as much as they preach it) and the pay is pathetically low. The move up the corporate ladder is difficult, if not impossible depending on the criteria of the day. Not a place I recommend to create a career.
Editorial Graphics Producer
Editorial Graphics Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 17, 2018
Responsible for the creation or supervising the creation of written content, visual content and statistics under tight deadlines, enhancing storylines using superior editorial judgment and clear, concise written content. Check and proof graphics for grammar, spelling, clarity and impact during live productions. Communicate effectively and clearly across the production, editorial and technology departments to ensure the highest levels of execution and best on-air product. Productions included: SportsCenter, NFL Live, NFL Insiders, Baseball Tonight, SportsCenter Top 10, First Take, Mike & Mike and Golic & Wingo.
Pros
Fun, fast-paced environment
Cons
Stressful at times, little room for advancement
Careful what you wish for
Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 3, 2018
If you work in Bristol be prepared for small town living without much nightlife. Hours are long, expectations are high. Advancement isn't great for middle-aged white men unless you're already on a greased track. Women WILL be hit on - constantly from all levels of the organization. I wouldn't let my daughter or wife work there.
it was ok
ESPN Radio Producer (Current Employee) –  Northfield, NJJanuary 2, 2018
working here is fun and enjoyable but not the best pay. I believe it would be more beneficial for the people of ESPN Radio to value there employees rather than being fake.
Great Experience
Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTDecember 2, 2017
The scope of which things are covered at ESPN is unmatched. It is a very fast-paced and exciting team to be on. Some of the people that you work with day in and day out are among the best in the business.
Sports News Central
Talent Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTNovember 9, 2017
- Great place for sports fans
- Can be a little competitive
- Fast paced
- Fun atmosphere
- Can be long hours especially with breaking news
- Plenty of room for growth
Good company
Technical Producer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 25, 2017
Overall a good company, many talented people throughout the company, slow moving advancement, rapid pace work environment, constant schedule changes, some turnover.
Remote Producer
Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 23, 2017
Worked as a remote producer on all major sports.
Living in CT was the most challenging aspect of the job.
The workplace culture is becoming increasingly corporate.
Productive, successful with excellent production group considering technical crew aswell
Producer 1 (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2017
When prepwork is well done and everybody knows due to production management what to do is an enjoyable experience to carry the hard work of producing live events.
Typical day: Having a meeting with the crew to explain and review the whole production run down and directing them through the production. Checking every step of the way.
I have learn to improve my communication and management skills.
The hardest part of the job is dealing on the fly with technical issues like loosing signal from origin (satelite).
Everything is a enjoyable when you grow up in relation with work and people.
Pros
Accomplishing what was prep, dealing with unespected and having a clean and successful show.
Cons
Compensation and outcome of the position.
Great Place to work, if you're cut out for it
Editorial Graphics Producer (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMarch 6, 2017
ESPN is an amazing place to work it you are committed to TV production and getting the best thing on. The hours can be unorthodox, but if you bust your butt and have a passion for TV and sports, you'll do amazing things there
Pros
Work in sports, free disney tickets
Cons
odd hours
Fun and interactive work space
Editorial Graphics Producer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 4, 2017
Very demanding but a great work place for people who are passionate about sports. A fast paced culture where a lot is expected from you.
Excitement Abound
Highlight Producer (Former Employee) –  CTDecember 11, 2015
ESPN taught me everything about corporate structure and communication. We work hard every day and take pride in the product. Passion and energy are commonplace in this environment.
Pros
Subject Matter
Cons
Great place with knowledgable people and supportive management
Producer/On-air personality (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 10, 2015
I love being able to talk sports and make money doing it. I learned a lot about audio mixing and radio production. Everyone I work with is great I'm just looking for a change in scenery. I don't really know that there's a "hardest part" of my job. It's all incredibly enjoyable. If anything it's probably having to hit the streets and find sponsors for my show, but I make it work.
Pros
Talking sports and getting paid to do it.
Cons
N/a
Review of Around the Horn
Field Producer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2014
The opportunity to work for ESPN on "Around the Horn" has been great. I work one on one with Woody Paige about three days a week. I have been able to establish great ties within the industry because of this opportunity.
Pros
Working on ESPN
Cons
Little job security, little benefits, part-time
GRAPHICS PRODUCER (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 21, 2014
Great place and very nice people but they won't hesitate to move on without you if you don't stay in line.
Dream job, but beware
REMOTE PRODUCTION PRODUCER (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTAugust 29, 2013
A great place to work; great atmosphere to learn and be challenged to do your best. However at this stage, ESPN production departments are experiencing a logjam. Upper management are young, set in their ways, and will not go anywhere anytime soon.Example: Coordinating Producers are still producing events, leaving a cascade of stalled advancement among Producers, Associate Producers, and Production Assistants.
Great group to assist and work with
Segment Producer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 26, 2013
Enjoyed my time with ESPN and will continue to seek opportunities within Disney and ESPN
Coordinating Producer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTApril 23, 2013
It is a stable place to work. Friendly staff. Great perks being owned by Disney. Good 401K and health benefits.
Pros
working in sports
Cons
understaffed
It was a great place to work, but...
Writer / Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2012
They would preach work life balance, but there really wasn't one. The days were long and in the end the salary didn't really help much. I loved most of the people that I worked with, they were really a great group of people and really good at what they did. The hardest part of my job was the crazy hours. A lot of hurry up and wait went on during the week. The most enjoyable part of my job was definitely the perks and the people. I still have a lot of great friends there.