ESS Clean, Inc Employee Reviews

Calm, quiet work enviroment
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILAugust 31, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of me cleaning surfaces, bathrooms, and floors. I learned how to properly and safely use certain chemicals. Management was very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working around some of the employees left in the building after hours. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing how clean everything was, and knowing that I had accomplished everything I needed to every evening.
A company that cares
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJuly 31, 2018
I LOVED working with ESS and was sad when I had to relocate for school. I worked with ESS for two years cleaning one of their locations. My supervisors were friendly, willing to help if needed, and always there for me. They are thorough with training and happy to answer any questions along the way. I received two scholarships for school that were offered by the company! They frequently hold employee events/picnics/drawings. It was a perfect, part time evening job for me. Management is willing to work with your schedule if something comes up and you need to come in later for any reason. I loved working for ESS and wish I could go back!
Pros
relaxed work environment, management, flexible, opportunities for more hours/advancement, overall great company
Rude management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 14, 2018
The staff that work in the offices of Ess are hateful people and will treat you like second class citizens they will look at you as your life is their possession and not yours they treat you like your stupid and a liar they will make you hate your life it’s not worth the $10 just to be treated bad
Pros
Not thing Ess sucks
Cons
You hate your life
Good, Solid Company to Work For
Cleaning Person (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 30, 2018
A typical day at work: Clean all of the areas I'm responsible for in the amount of hours I have on that specific day.
What I've learned: That as long as you keep a good pace and put in the effort, you will get the job done correctly and in time.
Management: The management is very professional and great to work for.
Workplace Culture: A nice, relaxed place to work.
Hardest Part: There are no hard parts or things I "don't like"
Most Enjoyable Part: Knowing I like my job and don't mind going into work at all
Pros
Solid pay, good benefits, nice company to work for
Cons
N/a
Great Place to Work
Custodian, Urbana Middle School (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILJune 19, 2018
I had a good experience with this company, and many of my co-workers felt the same way. I feel this company treats their employees very fairly, and I would recommend them to anyone wanting an entry level custodial job.
easy pace
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILDecember 3, 2017
I enjoy the make your own pace atmosphere.
I try to clean more than I need to so the customer is happier.
Management is good and very helpful with whatever need you might have.
awesome
Employment Manager/Office Manager/Adm Asst HR (Current Employee) –  Urbana, ILJuly 3, 2017
awesome it is a great place to work. Management and culture is amazing. It is an environment where you learn something everyday and can push yourself for continued growth in the human resource field.
I like the job
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 20, 2017
I like the job but in my area they only have 2 accounts and just 10-15 hours weekly and me and I'm sure most people can't live off of those little hours.
Pros
Pays well in my area
Cons
Not enough hours there fore no benefits
Great Company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILFebruary 20, 2017
A very growing company with average pay. Alot of room for advancement. Also have college reimbursement and company vehicles.