Esse Health Employee Reviews

Age discrimination
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2019
Worked here 1 year, temp job, was told I would be hired after a year. Once the year was up I was sent to another office, I was there one month, and found out someone was already hired, I was just her fill in until her start date.

-Relocated to another office for a week then was told I "wasn't a good fit ."
-Received an email saying the "Position closed, keep applying for more."
-2 days later the same position was posted on here.
Office Manager Sucks
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Peters, MOApril 29, 2019
I really enjoyed working with the doctors, but the office manager had NO clue how to manage 1 office much less 2. Work was piled on some people while others just sat on their phones doing the minimal and it was accepted. When brought to office managers attention excuses were made and nothing done about it.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No breaks or lunch break
you dont want to work here....trust me
underling (Current Employee) –  insurance departmentMarch 23, 2019
Do you enjoy being bullied and belittled by management that is uneducated and unhelpful? Is your idea of a good time is working mandatory overtime on a moments notice? If you like canceling weekend plans because your lead cant stay and her desk and do her job, then The Esse health insurance department is for you!!! You also will enjoy a revolving door of employees, poor working conditions, the most unhealthy working environment around. You can expect to be unappreciated and underpaid. You will, however, be expected to own a 4X4 because 10inches of snow is no excuse, but don't worry, management wont be there. Thinking about bringing real issues to admin or HR, think you have good ideas to help, don't waste your time, they could care less and you'll be labeled a poor employee and soon discharged. Regardless how desperate you are for work, keep looking. Here our motto is We Want You Well but we will work you to death. You'll leave depressed, discouraged, and wondering why you even try.
Pros
leaving
Cons
none comes to mind
Work day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2019
the days were very busy and kept us occupied all day. patients would come in and get checked in, we would collect their copay and insurance card(s). took any messages that a walk-in patient would want to get back to the doctor.
Free lumches
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for Esse Health. It was a fun group of doctors to work with. They treated you with respect and treated you like an important member of the team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Favoritism
Great company with many opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 22, 2018
I have been there for 4 years. I like the culture, the support with corporate and I really like my location and my doctors. Esse has many offices, all are different. I believe there is room for advancement if you are a good employee, there are many offices as well as the corporate office to choose from. I am happy with my pay and they have excellent benefits, health insurance, great paid time off and 401k match.
Pros
Great pay, excellent paid time off, helpful staff at the corporate office
Fun and professional
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2018
We have had special activities. Partys .Went to ball game. Have had employee appreciation day. Secret Santa. Dress up day. Charity drives to poor and needy.
Pros
Free lunch
sad place to work
Registered Nurse- triage (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MONovember 15, 2018
for a long time i thought it was a great place to work but the management has changed and gone downhill. i had good reviews and worked there almost 20 years but watched them fire good people just to get their pay scale down. enjoyed working with the patients but the workload is not divided fairly at all, and expectations worsen every year.
Pros
paid time off is adequate
Cons
no breaks allowed as work load is too heavy
relaxed work atmosphere
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MONovember 7, 2018
room for advancement is above average, at the time management communicated well with staff, several location through out st. louis metropolitan and illinois area
Pros
casual dress
Cons
no flex time
Caring people and passionate work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 29, 2018
Great place to work and help people to Be Well. I enjoy making patients feel at ease while at the Doctor's office. I truly liked going to work everyday and loved doing clinical procedures.
Pros
Good company and coworkers
Cons
Late nights once in a while.
Productive. fast paced work envoirnment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 27, 2018
Esse Heath you will need to be a motivated self start. There is something to learn everyday with Esse Health. Every office is different. Lean workflow, Teamwork, Inclusion, diverse work environment.
Pros
Lunch is usually provided daily
Cons
The insurance is expensive
Great company.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOOctober 12, 2018
I had to leave because a coworker was rude and made me feel like I was intruder. Otherwise I loved everything about the job, management and physician.
Pros
Management and physician are great. Good benefits.
Cons
Work environment not so good.
came forward with mistake made at time of error and terminated for being honest.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 7, 2018
Very busy practice and a lot of inner office turmoil. I made an error in the office and brought it immediately to lead medical assistant and office manager. Was terminated for being honest about it.
No personal interaction, very repetitive job duties
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOSeptember 13, 2018
The job was not enjoyable to me. I work better when I am around and interacting with other people, and this job was not any of that. You simply sit in a cubicle and read information from a file and input it into company systems.
Pros
Great pay, flexible hours
Cons
Boring
Great company
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 24, 2018
I don’t have specific feedback- they Have a great team- excellent resources and a collaborative environment. It’s so great that everyone LOVES their job!!
Great place to work at
RMA (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJune 11, 2018
Fast paced and multi tasking. Great employees to work with.Long term benefits and great pay. Good environment and excellent location. Doctors are very great to work for also.
Pros
Benifits, environment
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Old school thinking
System Engineer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2018
IT department is looking backwards, not forward. No room to learn new skills, 8 hours of busy time required every day, multiple time wasting meetings throughout the day, openly racist and misogynist networking staff, stuck in the datacenter, costly licensing issues, no methodology.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything else
Great training and supportive relaxed environment
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2018
Haven't worked here long but compared to my previous job, this is a much more pleasant atmosphere. Training is great; they really want to make sure you know what your doing and are comfortable doing it. Busy and fast paced office but relaxed and understanding coworkers and management.
Pros
Choice of business casual or scrubs for attire. Often out early on Fridays.
Great supportive environment
Telephone Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 24, 2017
Loved the doctors and co-workers at ESSE. Unfortunately due to my husbands job was why I had to resign, otherwise I would still be working for the company.
Pros
Amazing co-workers and support
Awful work place environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2017
The office manager was unfriendly and uncaring. In the time i worked there she maybe said 25 words to me. Most of which included the word “no”
There was a lot of cattiness amongst the staff as well as favoritism. Also a lot of “not my job” attitude.
I did love the doctor I worked for. The pay was good. Good benefits. No work life balance.
Would not recommend my enemy work there, let alone a friend.
I am only speaking of the office i worked in, cant speak to ESSE as a whole.
Pros
Guaranteed lunch break.
Cons
Office manger, staff, not family friendly