Essen Medical Associates P.C Employee Reviews

Start out job
assisting the physician in any clinical capacity (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 6, 2018
Its a good place to start out if you just became a medical assistant or would like to learn more about the medical field. Good practice and help for the next job.
Very Busy high call volume at call center
PATIENT CORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2018
I very much enjoyed working with Essen Medical Staff and would return if they ask me too. I enjoyed serving the public and providing a needed service to the community.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch from Medical Vendors
Cons
no benefits that are affordable and Quality Medical Service
Horrible place
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 7, 2018
They worry more about gossip very unprofessional from management to the staff only the staff that are smart enough leave. Horrible pay, no breaks, dirty unsafe environment, they don’t care about the safety or well being of the staff. They are horrible. Please run do not accept any job offer. What they write down to lure you in is a lie..... RUN
Pros
Non
Cons
Horrible work environment, salary huh teenagers make more than what they offer to pay
As a general manager, I am a leader for my team!!!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2018
As a general manager at Essen, I continue to improve as leader every day. Here at Essen the work is demanding but it’s also rewarding. I have learned so much in In just 18 months. The organization is growing very fast and in that time we all have learned to grow together. The executive team is very supportive as well as compassionate to their staff. I am secure that I can go to my supervisors with any issues including staff or patient involvement. At my location I work very closely with the CMO, this gives me the opportunity to see how much the patients love him. This is part of why I love working here.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Need more PTO time
Essen Medical/ Metro Urgicare
Medical Assistant Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 12, 2018
Essen medical purchase the company I worked for prior and made many changes. They co-locate sites which meats they have primary and urgent care which becomes a little stressful when we only have one doctor and two staff members. I love my job and my patients. Essen does not allow any OT even when they drown you in work.
Hostile; Cutthroat
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 11, 2018
Management is a joke, Upper level management does not care about employee's. It is a cutthroat environment. Bullying and nepotism. High turn over. Can not hold on to valuable staff.
Terrible
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  1434 Williamsbridge RoadApril 2, 2018
This as the worst company I worked for. Very unprofessional environment. No formal training for the position. You sit next to the team lead for a day or two and then you're put on your own. It was a very cut throat environment, and management was extremely unprofessional.
Worst company I ever worked for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  2614 Halperin AveApril 2, 2018
I worked at the call center, where it was a very unprofessional environment. Their is no formal training for the position and management is cut throat.
Place to learn and leave
Specialty Handler (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2018
If you're new to the medical field and are looking to gain experience and this is a great place to start but I wouldn't recommend staying anything more than a year. Management has poor communication skills with the staff. There's really no appreciation towards the staff and their work and no matter how good you are at your job there's loyalty. Administration only cares about the number of patients they pull in and their general managers that deal with Administration will never back you up if there's an issue. The doctors on the other hand are great and if you have a good relationship with them they will teach you everything you need to know. Biggest problem is there's no room for growth they continue to hire from outside and have well trained staff train they're so-called supervisor's.
Pros
Work with great doctors, help the community, gain experience
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, not much room for growth, no appreciation for office staffs work
Counter productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANGER/INTAKE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2018
Not a productive work environment.. no place for growth or increase in pay. No benefits ...Very stressful and low pay.......... counter productive not a good place
Pros
Helping patients
Cons
Pay
terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 20, 2018
Management is terrible. Essen needs to take the time to get to understand their employee's instead of throwing them into the wild without training. Staff is great, management is the biggest issue. Doctor's, NP'S, IMG'S and the twenty thousand other managers Essen has are allowed to fire you. You are not allowed to make over time. Be prepared to be sent home early if you do. Trying to improve your career can even get you fired. The job is willing to get rid of employees extremely fast.
Pros
Friendly inside staff
Cons
management, pay, providers
Progressive Company
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 15, 2018
PTO could be better. High moral, innovative ideas, great place to grow. Independent, no micromanagement. Flexibility in work schedule. Friendly, clean work place.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Pto
Good place for IMG
House calls (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 14, 2018
Provide paid opportunities for IMGs to learn about US health care system. Get experience, help with LOR, PCP program, different options to work, friendly environment, help with interviews preparation and much more
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Should match with 401K contribution and standardize yearly salary raise
Stressful environment
Outreach Liaison (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2018
It’s a competitive place. I’m into marketing and it was very hard to try to keep up but still did it. Also no matter the weather Essen health care employees are out and about making moves on seeing patients and enrolling them to our programs
Pros
Only a friendly environment
Cons
Not enough PTO
Don't do it
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 12, 2018
Essen (allegedly) strives to "provide the highest quality personalized medical care" but all they really care about are numbers.
As a GM, I spend my days frantically searching for patients to reach the impossible goals set by the very curt, COO.

There is not a single employee in this company who can write a proper, concise email - including upper management. That's pretty telling of a rapidly growing company who continues to open new offices, but has no available staff.

PTO is a joke. Sick, vacation & personal days are all a part of PTO - not separate.
GM's are allotted 10 PTO days & as told by Payroll, you must work 40 hr work weeks for at least 3 months to accrue even 8 hrs. Also, there is no overtime - even if you somehow go over 40 hrs, they will never pay for it. They don't even order pens or post-its for their staff. Why? Because this rapidly growing company can't afford it.

Please save your time.
Low pay for so much work.
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 9, 2018
The position I applied for is not even the position I was placed in. I do a lot of work and I believe I do not get paid enough for the amount of work I do. My supervisor is good, but I believe the upper management is not as good. My co workers I work with are great but some of them do not do their job! Favoritism is a huge problem in this job and there is really no room to move up! I did learn a lot and gained a lot of great experience but it isnt great because the pay isnt good.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
No room to move up, No good benefits or paid time off
Revolving door company
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 8, 2018
If you are looking for a place to start out and gain experience, try Essen. Upper management is not invested in their employees as they claim to be. There is very little room for growth, little to no raises. Employees are only allowed minimum amount of PTO days. They do not include vacation or sick days
Nepotism, bullies, poor management
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 4, 2018
Staff is ratchet, ghetto and combative. Management does not address issue bought to their attention. Family members hold supervisor and manager positions and have no knowledge of what, when, and how to supervise nor manage. Terrible place to work for a recent grad of any field administrative or clinical. Little to no training provided. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Good for interns
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 28, 2018
Essen Medical is a good place to start off after graduation from an accredited school for medical assistant or administrative assistant. It's also a good place to do your internship.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Short breaks
a stressful place
Clinical medical assistant internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
This job was an internship as a medical assistant, and me experience was stressful. It was an internship for foreign doctors in Home Call. The typical day in EssenMed was Home by home with a health provider taking vital sing and reviewing the needs of each patient. Then we went back to the office for file out the electronically medical record for all the patient that we saw in the day. I learned to use the EMR electronically records only. The workplace culture was good, almost all the foreign medical doctors was latinos, but the manager did not like that anybody speak in their own lenguaje, only in English, I don`t know why. The hardest part of the job was to tape every information in the electronically record because we spend a lot of hours in this process. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be with people of my same culture.
Pros
free coffe
Cons
cannot speak your own lenguaje with others in front of the manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essen Medical Associates P.C. Our community is ready to answer.

Essen Medical Associates P.C Reviews by Location