Essendant Employee Reviews

Everyone is all over the place with no guidance
Bulk Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 11, 2019
Management pretty much has no sense of what being a higher up is. The breaks are ridiculous. Favoritism is shown blatantly out in the open. Accountability is never heard of there. The turnover rate is horrible.
Pros
None to be honest
Cons
Management has no backbone, everyone is pretty much free to do as they please. Racism is very real there.
Productive fast paced
MARKET PLACE SPECIALIST, CPO COMMERCE (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 4, 2019
Very busy for my typical work day. Working on a time frame to answer any issues the customers may have, Learned to manage my time effectively. Job could be stressful,
Scheduled hours did not work for me..
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Scheduled hours did not work for me...

The building and systems are outdated for the work trying to be completed.. Old building and system.

Never knew when overtime would be needed until last minute..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything else
docker worker
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 27, 2019
its not really a job you atay at long term..the ppl r garbage cut throat snitches..12 to 830 mqnager is clueless and annoying...inbound ops manager us arrogant and condescending...the union is useless and would rather have managers hang themselves than to be pro active and help employees who by the way pay dues monthly..
Pros
none really
Cons
almost everything
management
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 27, 2019
the team is very strong a typical workday could be over 3000 shelf and 2400 bulk and you need to sort and order everything to the correct location and ensure it goes to the correct customer.
Peaceful workplace/Great Management
OPS SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Shafter, CA 93263January 23, 2019
I am proud to work at Essendant. Dealing with true people around you is really great! Your hard work is notice and appreciated by many people, management and customers.I enjoy addressing and resolving issues we receive via carebox response. The management are very lenient. The corporate's GM is always greeting employees with a big smile, very friendly, very easy to talk to.
management is horrible!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77040January 15, 2019
worked here for a couple years and the actual work was OK the management was really dysfunctional, breaking laws and rules left and right. Not a good working environment.
Productive and fun
OPERATIONS SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Enjoyed working for Essendent. My time was cut short due to consolidation of our building. Management was very knowledgeable and engaging. The company was also generous.
Pros
Benefits and welfare of the employees
Cons
Time and attendance restrictions
I enjoy my job, it's very challenging.
SALES PROJECT ANALYST ll (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoy my job, I'm learning everyday.
Not one day is the same, which I like.
Management is constantly changing.
The hardest part of my job would be the turn over, making it difficult to feel secure in my own position.
productive and fun comfortable work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Working for Essendant was a amazing experience. I really enjoyed the work environment my co workers where very nice and helpful i would recommend anyone who is looking for a job to them.
benefits
Cons
n/a
Excellent organization!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 2, 2019
I worked there for 12 years and would have stayed if there was an opportunity to relocate. Great leaders and great place to work. I know they are going through some changes now but was always a good place for me.
Pros
Cons
Financial issues from prior Sr leaders.
Great workplace
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 27, 2018
Essendant is a reliable company with good benefits and pay. I would recommend anyone interested to work for them. I have really enjoyed working for this company.
My rating
Warehouse distribution worker (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 23, 2018
A typical day is good if you can work without direct supervision. I learned to work as a team which ideally fosters good morale. Management keeps us informed about changes in the company with periodic meetings. The hardest part of the job is driving the forklifts safely while maintaining all safety expectations along with quality and accuracy. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the work done efficiently and looking forward to vacation.
Pros
free food
Cons
mergers/unfunded ongoing pension
Future unsure
Packaging & Graphic Designer - Global Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILDecember 7, 2018
In the middle of a buy out by Staples, things have only gotten worse in the past 4 months. Timelines extended, projects canceled, people laid off and many others leaving on their own.

Morale is low, management is vocal or responsive, and just over all a grim outlook.
Good culture / great local leadership
Manager, Contact Center Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2018
This is a big company with many moving parts but the Georgia location is a great place to work. Team atmosphere and very good local leadership. A lot of very good motivated people that make the culture fun and productive.
Great training ground
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 7, 2018
I managed a territory and was very well supported. The organizational structure was very effective. We all worked very hard, met our goals and learned from each other.
not bad but not great
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILDecember 5, 2018
Company seems to be on decline as shown in lower hours worked. Management could use some work when dealing with associates that are not contributing. Has OK benefits
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short breaks
Essendant
DISTRIBUTOR WORKER II (Current Employee) –  Medley, FLDecember 1, 2018
Essendant is a great place to work to learn and to grow in the company has a very flexible schedule. Skills qualification is high school diploma experience with warehouse work and much more good place to start a career.
Challenge, growth, and encouragement
Treasury (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 5, 2018
Essendant has provided me with ample opportunities to stretch my existing skill set with continuous learning. I feel fortunate to work with my team members and to have found multiple leaders I consider mentors.
Pros
Flexible work arrangements, lots of coaching and development opportunities
Cons
Health insurance is not the best.
Welcome to a communist company. You have no rights at all.
Inbound (Former Employee) –  Shafter CaNovember 4, 2018
I wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy. 10-14 hr days monday through saturday. They have no emergency contact number yet we cant have our phones on us or else its a write up. To get a day off they need 2 weeks in advance notice or you wont get it off. If you leave after your 8 hours because of an emergency, you still get a write up for not doing overtime. You only get get 4 points then youre fired. They dont care if you are sick and throwing up, if you leave early, its a point. People work with fevers and colds and throwing up but are afraid to go home because of the point they will get. I seen one guy was having a hear stroke and didnt go home ,just sat down in the break room because he didnt want a point. Management is there physically but not mentally. Its like working at a prison camp. You have no say so ,if you speak up, they harrass you and give you a point. People get fired daily. One guy got a point because he called in late to work because his Dad died. They told him he should have called before work started. DON NOT APPLY OR CONSIDER WORKING HERE. THEY WILL OWN YOU UNTIL YOU QUIT OR THEY FIRE YOU.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Working there is a con, period

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essendant. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight