Essentia Health Employee Reviews

Garbage organization
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 16, 2018
They don't care about patients, they don't care about employees. Upper management is more interested in protecting their bloated and undeserved salaries. So Many Don't Care.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Everything about that place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIAugust 1, 2018
Was a very good job to work busy and the day went very fast. Enjoyed working with the staff and liked to o the best I could each and everyday. Worked with many different departments each day.
Pros
Was able to work over time as needed
Cons
Very hot in the summer.
Busy work environment, lack of support from management.
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MN 56501July 27, 2018
Worked for Essentia Health for almost 10 years with all roles combined and through several name and management changes. After leaving there, my first raise at a new job was more than 10 years work of raises combined at Essentia Health.
Optician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 20, 2018
I would recommend to anyone looking for a place that is inviting to work. The workers are nice to work with, also know how to help you if needed. The system is also easy to use.
Excellent place to work.
Medical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia, MNJuly 4, 2018
Essentially Health is a great place to work with a great staff. I am currently working at hopehere and to be hired here permanently. I love my job here.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Good work environment when people work together
Laundry aide (Current Employee) –  Graceville, MN 56240June 27, 2018
Do laundry by loading and unloading the washing machines and dryers. Hang up the personal clothes and sometimes deliver them depending on if we are short staffed or not. Then clean out the dryers and clean the laundry room.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Low staffed
Caution ...
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 23, 2018
On the surface it is all new and shiny, you buy in then the newness starts to wear, it becomes dull and unimpressive or a burden to even speak about, that is Essentia.

Big top down management style, decisions do not consider the ones with the knowledge and only that meet an agenda. Promotion paths are predetermined and the forms of recognition and rewards are almost nonexistent. The work model for modivations is that your lucky to have such a great job and that there are many on the outside that are qualified to take your position.

The money was decent, but hours are very long, min telecommute, managers are self serving, mistakes are not an option.

HR are actors that play at serving the worker, they are prepositioned and stand soly to fulfill the well being of Leadership.

If you've ever stayed or are regularly treated at Essentia, the impression you see as a patient is exactly what you get as an employee, they are too big and self serving.

Days of St Mary's is long gone.
Pros
Wage, coworkers
Cons
Management, leadership, Hr, hours, work performance metric
Great place
Triage Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 13, 2018
Great place to work for very respectful staff members room to move up just overall a nice atmosphere and fun times just about everyone gets along everyone says hello or goodnight to passing staff or clients just a great place
Pros
Insurence, 401k and pto!
management team at OC the best - good compensation - they care for you and our patients/residents
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJune 5, 2018
Essentia is a very good company with an excellent vision for future endeavors. They are also fair and offer employee the best in compensation and benefits. They care about you - their employee and they take wonderful care of our patients and residents. We are the A team - 5 star and take pride in this.They care for the communities they serve. They have values and standards and apply these to their business. I am an RN with about 10 years with this company. You will love working here.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the management team.
Pros
patients/residents; compensation; 401K; time off; managment team; co workers;
Cons
sometimes I have to miss lunch but they always pay me for it
Decent
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Sandstone, MNJune 1, 2018
The environment is enjoyable. Management is good and seem to care for employees. Employees are treated as equals and get consulted on job activities. Pay and benefits are competitive and flexible environment
Enjoyable place to work
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 30, 2018
The could use better choice of management at some of the locations. They give great quality of care from the providers. And most coworkers are an asset to have.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
supervisors
Good Internship
Information Security Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 24, 2018
I worked here as an Intern, and Interns across the board at Essentia Health all Interns recieve $10.00 an hour and no benefits. So was great experience, but was difficult to manage working 60hrs a week while getting my degree. Only needed 96 hours for my Internship however I worked there for 8 months at 20 hours per week.
great place to work and learn new skills everyday
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMay 24, 2018
This was a great place to work with staff that are knowledgeable and dedicated to their work. Nursing staff here are concerned with patient safety and teamwork. Those are two of the things I care about a great deal!
Pros
lot of courses offered for free regarding CEU
Cons
not finding someone when you need a day off
Great group of RNs and staff.
Nursing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 17, 2018
The staff at Essentia Health are great to work with and make the work very enjoyable. They always look out for each other and provide great care for their patients.
I enjoy the people I work with.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 15, 2018
I enjoy working in Mental Health. I love helping other people. It's stressful when there are many hard cases and people don't get into placements quickly. That isn't Essentia's fault though, it's the lack of Mental Health placements in Minnesota.
Pros
Don't have to work full time to get a good paycheck.
Cons
Scheduling (I prefer days over evenings)
A day in the call center at Essentia Health
Pre-Service Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 14, 2018
It got to be so stressful, I dreaded going into the office. We were supposed to touch so many accounts per hour & collect so much per month otherwise we are told we are not being a team player. We are only told when we are failing, not what we have done well. Illness is an unexcused absence & you can be written up for multiple absences.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Too much stress
Essentia Health
Emergency Department Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 8, 2018
GREAT facility with EXCELLENT management throughout. The overall tone of the whole facility is very pleasant and welcoming. The staff are all well educated and competent. The core values of the facility are definitely carried out by the staff.
fun place to work
Payment Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 7, 2018
A fair fun place to work, positive work place. Union positions available, fair hours, holiday pay, vacation package. Time off when requested and days off at any given notice.
Pros
Union postiions
Patient Service Associate
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  International Falls, MNApril 14, 2018
 Make appointments for patients.
 Answer phones and transfer to appropriate personnel.
 Filled out forms for providers to sign.
 Maintained vaccination records for the state of Minnesota.
Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 14, 2018
Nice hospital to work at
Friendly staff and work environment
Great management skills
competitive pay
build up PTO fast
good team work with staff
close to stores

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essentia Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight