Essentia Health Employee Reviews

Great place
Triage Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 13, 2018
Great place to work for very respectful staff members room to move up just overall a nice atmosphere and fun times just about everyone gets along everyone says hello or goodnight to passing staff or clients just a great place
Pros
Insurence, 401k and pto!
management team at OC the best - good compensation - they care for you and our patients/residents
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJune 5, 2018
Essentia is a very good company with an excellent vision for future endeavors. They are also fair and offer employee the best in compensation and benefits. They care about you - their employee and they take wonderful care of our patients and residents. We are the A team - 5 star and take pride in this.They care for the communities they serve. They have values and standards and apply these to their business. I am an RN with about 10 years with this company. You will love working here.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the management team.
Pros
patients/residents; compensation; 401K; time off; managment team; co workers;
Cons
sometimes I have to miss lunch but they always pay me for it
Enjoyable place to work
Lpn (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 30, 2018
The could use better choice of management at some of the locations. They give great quality of care from the providers. And most coworkers are an asset to have.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
supervisors
Good Internship
Information Security Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 24, 2018
I worked here as an Intern, and Interns across the board at Essentia Health all Interns recieve $10.00 an hour and no benefits. So was great experience, but was difficult to manage working 60hrs a week while getting my degree. Only needed 96 hours for my Internship however I worked there for 8 months at 20 hours per week.
great place to work and learn new skills everyday
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMay 24, 2018
This was a great place to work with staff that are knowledgeable and dedicated to their work. Nursing staff here are concerned with patient safety and teamwork. Those are two of the things I care about a great deal!
Pros
lot of courses offered for free regarding CEU
Cons
not finding someone when you need a day off
Great group of RNs and staff.
Nursing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 17, 2018
The staff at Essentia Health are great to work with and make the work very enjoyable. They always look out for each other and provide great care for their patients.
I enjoy the people I work with.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 15, 2018
I enjoy working in Mental Health. I love helping other people. It's stressful when there are many hard cases and people don't get into placements quickly. That isn't Essentia's fault though, it's the lack of Mental Health placements in Minnesota.
Pros
Don't have to work full time to get a good paycheck.
Cons
Scheduling (I prefer days over evenings)
A day in the call center at Essentia Health
Pre-Service Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 14, 2018
It got to be so stressful, I dreaded going into the office. We were supposed to touch so many accounts per hour & collect so much per month otherwise we are told we are not being a team player. We are only told when we are failing, not what we have done well. Illness is an unexcused absence & you can be written up for multiple absences.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Too much stress
Essentia Health
Emergency Department Nurse Intern (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 8, 2018
GREAT facility with EXCELLENT management throughout. The overall tone of the whole facility is very pleasant and welcoming. The staff are all well educated and competent. The core values of the facility are definitely carried out by the staff.
fun place to work
Payment Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 7, 2018
A fair fun place to work, positive work place. Union positions available, fair hours, holiday pay, vacation package. Time off when requested and days off at any given notice.
Pros
Union postiions
Cons

Want to know more about Essentia Health?

Ask a question
Patient Service Associate
Patient Service Associate (Former Employee) –  International Falls, MNApril 14, 2018
 Make appointments for patients.
 Answer phones and transfer to appropriate personnel.
 Filled out forms for providers to sign.
 Maintained vaccination records for the state of Minnesota.
Hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 14, 2018
Nice hospital to work at
Friendly staff and work environment
Great management skills
competitive pay
build up PTO fast
good team work with staff
close to stores
Wonderful work experience and training, great work environment with the most wonderful co-workers. Managment great.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MN and Fargo, NDApril 9, 2018
I enjoy my time working with Essentia. I especially enjoy being a part of the community I live in, while helping doctors with ever patients needs that are presented. One aspect I find wonderful is my co-workers. Not only do I enjoy going to work to help out patients but I also feel excited to go to work because of the wonderful work environment. The sense of belonging and team work really make Essentia a great organization to be a part of.
Pros
Long breaks, family friendly environment, convenient drive from home to work, flexible hours, and easy to accrue PTO.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, having to use my own PTO for holidays not required to work.
Worked with a lot of amazing people. We had a lot of teams work. I was always will to float to other departments as needed.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working and always willing to work with others and assist as needed. Worked in Epic system. Was refill nurse and did prior authorization for all providers in clinic and asstisted with med enter and med reconciliation. Also worked as phone nurse 1 to 2 times weekly.
Lead Nurse in Primary Care, Neurology & Walk (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 8, 2018
They hired me right out of nursing school with no experience. I stayed for 10+ years. Salary is good and benefits are ok. Overall it's a good place to work. They provide flexibility to move between different departments if you like
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNApril 6, 2018
The Urology clinic was very fast paced, and could get stressful at times, but it was such a great place to work. Great coworkers, great docs, fantastic manager.
Pros
Great manager, doctors, coworkers, fun
Cons
Short staffed
My Review
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Superior, WIApril 5, 2018
Fast-paced phlebotomy and in-lab tests performed. Learned to operate several tests not previously known. Manager is competent, demanding, but intimidating and coarse. Fellow employees very helpful and encouraging. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the Manager. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people contact and fellow employees.
PTO is earned unfairly between regions
Professional (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNApril 1, 2018
PTO policies are vastly different between East region (Duluth area) and Central (Brainerd) / West region (Fargo area). If you are physically located in the West region, for example, but work under the corporate office for Duluth along with teammates located Duluth & Brainerd, the 1st year, you will earn 3-1/2 days LESS than your teammates in Duluth. Year 2 the PTO difference is 8-1/2 days LESS than your colleagues in Duluth. As the years go on, the PTO differences continue to be wide-spread until year 26, West and Central will earn 1 day more than Duluth. However we feel we’ve already been short-changed by losing a total of 42 DAYS at this point! Very unfair and can’t believe a company would have 2 different PTO policies on one team! Not exactly a morale booster and feeling like one is part of the same team. If I ever recommended Essentia to a friend, I would NOT recommend working in the Central or the West regions. All the other benefits are the exact same across the regions. I thought Essentia was supposed to be one, regardless of regions.
Pros
Enjoy the work
Cons
PTO policies are unfair between regions
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 30, 2018
Met a lot of good people through Essentia Health. I had learned a lot from other employees in my area, always helpful.
Management was helpful and encouraging
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Great job if you love helping people.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Baxter, MNMarch 21, 2018
Love the patient care and connection aspect of the work. My co-workers are awesome to work with, as they are always willing to lend a hand. The most difficult aspect - often-times we are understaffed, which leads to chaos and burnout. Great job and pay for the area I live in.
Pros
Patient Care/great coworkers
Cons
long hours, short-staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essentia Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight