Essentia Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Temporary Oncology Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 11, 2017
I was in a temporary role I what rate benefits and Job security hire if hired on full time. I currently have neither and currently there will not be need for my position here in December.
Pros
Time to balance out
Cons
Temporary position currently
Stressful yet rewarding place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 20, 2017
For a certain everyday joe this can be a fine place to work. Plenty of benefits and hours for employees while allowing opportunities to branch out into other areas in the company after a time.

Employee morale on the male side is entitled and often times unfriendly to minorities in privacy. Human Resources is abused by some and there were many corners cut as well as breaches in conduct were witnessed by me right under managements nose.

As a male working here the most stressful part of my day was my breaks due to the horrible conditions in the break room and a good number of toxic coworkers. (Mainly male)

Otherwise the job itself is straightforward and even a good time and rewarding when completed.
Pros
union given breaks, benifits, habitual
Cons
Break conditions, high stresser, lousy coworkers
Fun place and certain different
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNOctober 9, 2017
It is a good place to work but sometimes we work short and it gets tough but we get through it. Fun people to work with and it has plenty of hours to work.
Stressful environment it was like working with the mean girls at school.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ashland, WISeptember 30, 2017
I worked for Essentia health for 26 years and I never could find somebody to cover for me to take my morning breaks or lunch breaks or afternoon breaks. The job was so stressfull.
fun people, horrible management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNSeptember 13, 2017
the people that work at Essentia Health are amazing, except upper management. I don't think they care about the people that work there or go there. Everyone is just a number
Pros
good benefits, nice job
Cons
politics, upper management
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  General SurgeryAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work where patients receive wonderful care.
Good benefits and competitive pay. Level 2 trauma. Day, evening, night shift and some weekends.
Friendly enivroment
Patient Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNAugust 22, 2017
Essentia Health is an awesome place to work. They put their time in to train you right and to make sure that you are comfortable before going onto the floor.
Pros
training
Cons
short lunches
Lives their Core Values
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 15, 2017
Walk the talk, lives their Core Values! Great benefits. Willing to work with your schedule. High internal employee satisfaction ratings. Believes in work life balance. Promotes employee growth and internal promotions.
Safe, productive and fun workplace.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 30, 2017
Essentia Health was a great company to work for. They provide good benefits and a safe environment to work in. The management I worked with was always accommodating if anything urgent happened with a family member.
I loved cleaning the surgical rooms and helping out the nurses.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Fargo,NDJune 1, 2017
I worked in the OR and cleaned surgical rooms, I also helped out in other areas as needed. It's a wonderful hospital and I really enjoyed cleaning in the OR.
Pros
Great company to work for, great hours and great benefits
Cons
I did suffer from migraines due to the surgical lighting.
Ok but...
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 13, 2017
Essential health was a great place to work but the supervisor that I had I think was to young for the job. the pay was great. health insurance could of been better. and the sisters treated you like family.
nice place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 24, 2017
I had a very good time working for essentia health in Proctor, smaller clinic compared to the clinics in Duluth, friendly staff and good patient ralationship
Fun, family like environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 1, 2017
Many learning opportunities in this facility. Great hours for clinic nurses, although compensation was not very reasonable for a single parent in the Fargo area. Management is, however, reasonable.
Fun place to work
Er tech (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJanuary 17, 2017
This was amazing place to work Wonderful team work good benefits and Human resources were always willing to help I learned so many things Like EKG straight cathing ! Management was always fair and listened coworkers were very professional ! Summer's in the ER were crazy always could of used more help! Doing Aline Education because we were so busy ! The best part was the joy of helping others !
Pros
Good pay
Cons
N/a
Disappointing
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNDecember 21, 2016
This employer does not promote a good working relationship with its employees. The moral was very low. There was no opportunity for advancement or communication.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Bad management, poor team skills
Must be able to be flexible as job is ever changing
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNDecember 5, 2016
If your looking for a job with long term possibilities, this is the place to work. No where to advance to, but a great place to start. Supervisors and director good to work with.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay.
Cons
No room for advancement. Union
Great helping people in a hospital setting.
Pre-Service Financial Councilor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 2, 2016
Working at Essentia was always fun. Manager was always great and so was the team that I worked with. The most I enjoyed about the position his helping our patients. I was always consistent and follow through with what I told the patient I would do. I would help people get funding for surgeries, talk to insurances, bill insurances, screen people for special programs for low income.

The hardest part of the job is the people that are upset because they are just over the guidelines and there is nothing more I could do to help them.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Benefits weren't that great
Wonderful Environment
LPN-Clinical Data Abstractor-System Quality (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 13, 2016
Busy eight hour day, but the work was a lot of fun. I learned a lot about data registries. Team work is very important in both positions I have held at Essentia Health. I enjoyed my co-workers at work. Hardest part was leaving bedside nursing to work at a computer, but it was time for a change and that was the change I wanted. I love the job I am doing now, but it has been eliminated. I would enjoy working in a registry again.
Pros
Wonderful Benefits
Cons
Bedside Nursing for 30 years was hard on my body
Excellent company to work for very professional and caring
Casual LPN (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 1, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about Essentia. I worked with very caring coworkers who were nothing but helpful to each other. Professional yet very compassionate in what they do. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Salary was at the top for the area, great work environment
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy my position at Essentia, vacation is good, pay is average and the people are great. That is all I have to say at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essentia Health. Our community is ready to answer.