Essentia Health Pay & Benefits reviews

Busy work environment, lack of support from management.
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MN 56501July 27, 2018
Worked for Essentia Health for almost 10 years with all roles combined and through several name and management changes. After leaving there, my first raise at a new job was more than 10 years work of raises combined at Essentia Health.
Great place
Triage Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJune 13, 2018
Great place to work for very respectful staff members room to move up just overall a nice atmosphere and fun times just about everyone gets along everyone says hello or goodnight to passing staff or clients just a great place
Pros
Insurence, 401k and pto!
management team at OC the best - good compensation - they care for you and our patients/residents
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNJune 5, 2018
Essentia is a very good company with an excellent vision for future endeavors. They are also fair and offer employee the best in compensation and benefits. They care about you - their employee and they take wonderful care of our patients and residents. We are the A team - 5 star and take pride in this.They care for the communities they serve. They have values and standards and apply these to their business. I am an RN with about 10 years with this company. You will love working here.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the management team.
Pros
patients/residents; compensation; 401K; time off; managment team; co workers;
Cons
sometimes I have to miss lunch but they always pay me for it
Decent
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Sandstone, MNJune 1, 2018
The environment is enjoyable. Management is good and seem to care for employees. Employees are treated as equals and get consulted on job activities. Pay and benefits are competitive and flexible environment
Good Internship
Information Security Administrator Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 24, 2018
I worked here as an Intern, and Interns across the board at Essentia Health all Interns recieve $10.00 an hour and no benefits. So was great experience, but was difficult to manage working 60hrs a week while getting my degree. Only needed 96 hours for my Internship however I worked there for 8 months at 20 hours per week.
A day in the call center at Essentia Health
Pre-Service Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 14, 2018
It got to be so stressful, I dreaded going into the office. We were supposed to touch so many accounts per hour & collect so much per month otherwise we are told we are not being a team player. We are only told when we are failing, not what we have done well. Illness is an unexcused absence & you can be written up for multiple absences.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Too much stress
fun place to work
Payment Posting Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMay 7, 2018
A fair fun place to work, positive work place. Union positions available, fair hours, holiday pay, vacation package. Time off when requested and days off at any given notice.
Pros
Union postiions
Cons
Wonderful work experience and training, great work environment with the most wonderful co-workers. Managment great.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Moorhead, MN and Fargo, NDApril 9, 2018
I enjoy my time working with Essentia. I especially enjoy being a part of the community I live in, while helping doctors with ever patients needs that are presented. One aspect I find wonderful is my co-workers. Not only do I enjoy going to work to help out patients but I also feel excited to go to work because of the wonderful work environment. The sense of belonging and team work really make Essentia a great organization to be a part of.
Pros
Long breaks, family friendly environment, convenient drive from home to work, flexible hours, and easy to accrue PTO.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, having to use my own PTO for holidays not required to work.
Lead Nurse in Primary Care, Neurology & Walk (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 8, 2018
They hired me right out of nursing school with no experience. I stayed for 10+ years. Salary is good and benefits are ok. Overall it's a good place to work. They provide flexibility to move between different departments if you like
PTO is earned unfairly between regions
Professional (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNApril 1, 2018
PTO policies are vastly different between East region (Duluth area) and Central (Brainerd) / West region (Fargo area). If you are physically located in the West region, for example, but work under the corporate office for Duluth along with teammates located Duluth & Brainerd, the 1st year, you will earn 3-1/2 days LESS than your teammates in Duluth. Year 2 the PTO difference is 8-1/2 days LESS than your colleagues in Duluth. As the years go on, the PTO differences continue to be wide-spread until year 26, West and Central will earn 1 day more than Duluth. However we feel we’ve already been short-changed by losing a total of 42 DAYS at this point! Very unfair and can’t believe a company would have 2 different PTO policies on one team! Not exactly a morale booster and feeling like one is part of the same team. If I ever recommended Essentia to a friend, I would NOT recommend working in the Central or the West regions. All the other benefits are the exact same across the regions. I thought Essentia was supposed to be one, regardless of regions.
Pros
Enjoy the work
Cons
PTO policies are unfair between regions
Managment (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 19, 2018
Employees are reasonably dedicated to the patients. Senior leadership talks a good game, then sends managers in to do the dirty work which does not match the message of senior leadership.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
Leadership turnover which changes the direction and focus of the organization contantly.
Great coworkers, everyone is overwhelmed
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Twin PortsFebruary 27, 2018
There are lots of great people here, but workload is crazy. Plus it seems like there is a new initiative or priority coming out from the CEO every day. It's like he has ADHD and forgets that there was a different plan yesterday. Or maybe they think we can keep track of 50 things at a time (we can't). It is even worse for doctors and nurses and people taking care of patients in our clinic and hospital.

Messages are so mixed here. We are told we have to cut back hours and they have reduced staff but now there is a huge hospital building project in the works. I want to believe it is all going to work out but I think layoffs are coming.
Pros
Great health insurance and 401k, good rank and file
Cons
Conflicting direction from top management
ok company to ork for
lpn (Former Employee) –  Sandstone, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Management listened and tried to help with problems. Pay is low, but benefits are good. Would recommend for someone else to work here. Mandates are likely, understaffed.
Pros
good management, Union
Cons
Low Pay
Good company
Coding Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ND 58103January 12, 2018
At the time it was a very good job but like all things things change, some for good and some for the bad. Not saying that it's a bad place to work I just needed more hours and more pay.
I enjoy my job
Admissions Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 5, 2018
I feel like the benefits are good at Essentia for everything but vision coverage. We do get one free eye exam a year but no eyeglass/contact coverage. Health benefits are good. A good working environment with good management.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Won't work with other schedules.
Essentia was a fine place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 30, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Essentia and was compensated and treated fairly. Like any nursing job, there were rotating schedules and shifts along with the stress associated with the job
Pros
good job, co-workers and fair pay
Cons
rotating shifts and schedules.
Temporary Oncology Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 11, 2017
I was in a temporary role I what rate benefits and Job security hire if hired on full time. I currently have neither and currently there will not be need for my position here in December.
Pros
Time to balance out
Cons
Temporary position currently
Stressful yet rewarding place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 20, 2017
For a certain everyday joe this can be a fine place to work. Plenty of benefits and hours for employees while allowing opportunities to branch out into other areas in the company after a time.

Employee morale on the male side is entitled and often times unfriendly to minorities in privacy. Human Resources is abused by some and there were many corners cut as well as breaches in conduct were witnessed by me right under managements nose.

As a male working here the most stressful part of my day was my breaks due to the horrible conditions in the break room and a good number of toxic coworkers. (Mainly male)

Otherwise the job itself is straightforward and even a good time and rewarding when completed.
Pros
union given breaks, benifits, habitual
Cons
Break conditions, high stresser, lousy coworkers
A versatile place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 12, 2017
Essentia takes a very reasonable approach when working with employees on developing internal and external relations. Always treated with respect and every effort is made to hear and respond to your ideas and/or concerns.
Pros
Good time off benefits, flexible
Cons
Growing very large, becoming main stream
Fun place and certain different
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit Lakes, MNOctober 9, 2017
It is a good place to work but sometimes we work short and it gets tough but we get through it. Fun people to work with and it has plenty of hours to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essentia Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight