Essex Property Trust, Inc. Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Great Company to Work For!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2018
Worked in property management for some time. Essex is definitely better than other companies in my option. I liked my last company and enjoyed working for them but Essex is by far better, they really treat their residents and employees well.

I haven't really had any issues with other people in the company. Everyone seems really nice so far. I read some of the other reviews saying managers are not nice. That will happen every now and then where people just don't get along. I don't really think that's Essex fault. Even upper level management (ie. Area Managers and Regional Managers) have been amazing so far. All the managers seem to take interest in you. Essex wants their employees to move up within the company.

I guess there are more reports than other property management companies but they're not hard at all.

I do wish there were more properties. One reason I would leave the company would be if there were no opportunities for advancement within my area, which can happen in this industry. Otherwise, I'd like to say with Essex for a long time.
Pros
Company has great culture.
Cons
Wish they had more properties and working weekends thats it really.